Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

flashy_mcflash posted:

Is that on Netflix?

I think it's only available with the WM 20 DVD. That True Story of Wrestlemania thing is on Netflix though IIRC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Speaking of that doc, at what point did WWE acknowledge Austin's retirement onscreen? They kept it quiet through the entire WM19 build, and I know they didn't really allude to it over the next several weeks at least. I'm thinking they just started using him in non-wrestling roles on TV and let the fans figure it out themselves, but I'm wondering if there was something more direct that I forgot about.

Claytor
Dec 5, 2011

Minidust posted:

Speaking of that doc, at what point did WWE acknowledge Austin's retirement onscreen? They kept it quiet through the entire WM19 build, and I know they didn't really allude to it over the next several weeks at least. I'm thinking they just started using him in non-wrestling roles on TV and let the fans figure it out themselves, but I'm wondering if there was something more direct that I forgot about.

The day after Wrestlemania, Bischoff announced that Austin had wrestled at the event without medical clearance and was benched for the foreseeable future. He then announced that he had Fed-Exed the necessary paperwork to Austin's home. At the time, at least, I took it as an acknowledgment that he wouldn't be performing again.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

Claytor posted:

The day after Wrestlemania, Bischoff announced that Austin had wrestled at the event without medical clearance and was benched for the foreseeable future. He then announced that he had Fed-Exed the necessary paperwork to Austin's home. At the time, at least, I took it as an acknowledgment that he wouldn't be performing again.
Huh. I was wondering why I didn't remember that, and now I'm realizing that Raw was on TNN back then so I didn't have access to it. I was only really aware of stuff if it got recapped on Smackdown. Thanks!

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

flashy_mcflash posted:

Is that on Netflix?

Here's part 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVicVOH6jXA

Don't think they have all the parts, sadly.

edit: wait, maybe they do. Check this person's account. http://www.youtube.com/user/KempyClassic?feature=watch

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

Here's part 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVicVOH6jXA

Don't think they have all the parts, sadly.

edit: wait, maybe they do. Check this person's account. http://www.youtube.com/user/KempyClassic?feature=watch

Shiiii, thanks man! I'd be down for synchtubin' this sometime.

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006
Hey me and my girlfriend are thinking of going to Wrestlemania Axxess this year since we wound up not being able to go to Wrestlemania. I'm just curious, is it worth the money by itself? What are the perks of going? What are the downsides? Any info would be helpful.

Da Barn Razah
Apr 11, 2006

Ballin!

LightsGameraAction posted:

Hey me and my girlfriend are thinking of going to Wrestlemania Axxess this year since we wound up not being able to go to Wrestlemania. I'm just curious, is it worth the money by itself? What are the perks of going? What are the downsides? Any info would be helpful.

It's well worth it. I took my girlfriend to WM25 Axxess and she loved it, despite not being interested in wrestling at all. They have meet and greets with superstars, and the hell in a cell was on display too. There was also Q&A sessions going on, and a live match between Jesse and Festus vs Jimmy Yang and I forget who. Every year is different as far as what they have on display, but it was definitely worth my money.

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006

Da Barn Razah posted:

It's well worth it. I took my girlfriend to WM25 Axxess and she loved it, despite not being interested in wrestling at all. They have meet and greets with superstars, and the hell in a cell was on display too. There was also Q&A sessions going on, and a live match between Jesse and Festus vs Jimmy Yang and I forget who. Every year is different as far as what they have on display, but it was definitely worth my money.

Do you know how ordering the tickets for it work? Are the VIP passes weekend passes? Because I went on ticketmaster and it makes it sound like the VIP passes are one day only.

Kwik
Apr 4, 2006

You can't touch our beaver. :canada:

Even so, there's no denying him and Vince have a very strange dynamic. I'd love to see a shoot interview with JR that brings it up.

A shoot interview, or a tell-all book by JR would DESTROY the business. He knows where pretty much all the bodies are buried, as it were.

It would also be an amazing read, or watch. And it will NEVER happen.

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006

Kwik posted:

A shoot interview, or a tell-all book by JR would DESTROY the business. He knows where pretty much all the bodies are buried, as it were.

It would also be an amazing read, or watch. And it will NEVER happen.

Out of respect for the business and some of the boys in it, he'd probably never "tell-all". He'd probably give us a final, definitive answer on what he really thinks of McMahon, a bunch more stories of Kevin Dunn being lovely, and the answers to why a couple pushes/storylines happened/were killed/never saw the light of day.

Psycho Mantits
Oct 6, 2009
Speaking of Axxess, when do they usually post the non-VIP signing schedules? I'd want to get tickets today but there's no way of knowing which sessions would have which people.

E4C85D38
Feb 7, 2010

Doesn't that thing only
hold six rounds...?

I don't follow wrestling very closely (okay, at all), but something caught my attention in a clip someone linked me of a match: what the competitors say in the ring is perfectly audible, they're surrounded by hundreds of screaming fans which I think would make audio isolation hard, and there's no boom mic or indeed mics of any sort apparent anywhere in the ring. How the hell do they pull that off?

Sears Poncho
Oct 8, 2011

E4C85D38 posted:

I don't follow wrestling very closely (okay, at all), but something caught my attention in a clip someone linked me of a match: what the competitors say in the ring is perfectly audible, they're surrounded by hundreds of screaming fans which I think would make audio isolation hard, and there's no boom mic or indeed mics of any sort apparent anywhere in the ring. How the hell do they pull that off?

The ring itself is mic'd, mostly to make all the impact noises louder.

gypsyshred
Oct 23, 2006
Whoever does audio post in the WWE is a wizard. Like you said, you hear what everyone's saying, you hear running, you hear slams, but you don't hear every step, you don't hear the camera guys/other staff clomping around, ect. And how they keep that pyro noise under control Ill never know, that poo poo is LOUD.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Yeah, say what you like about their writing staff or whatever, but the actual crew of WWE are absolutely fantastic at what they do.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

VogeGandire posted:

Yeah, say what you like about their writing staff or whatever, but the actual crew of WWE are absolutely fantastic at what they do.

On that note, how did that Stones PPV that they helped put together do, do we know?

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

What are some of the weirder, unexpected wrestling friendships? Like how Rock is friends with Hawkins, McGillicutty, and at least twitter friends with Steen.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

NienNunb posted:

What are some of the weirder, unexpected wrestling friendships? Like how Rock is friends with Hawkins, McGillicutty, and at least twitter friends with Steen.

William Regal, Steve Austin and Mick Foley all travelled together in WCW. It led to the famous beach story.

Tajiri and Fit Finlay are a bit Odd Couple too.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
Paul London and Brian Kendrick liked Bob Holly.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

VogeGandire posted:

William Regal, Steve Austin and Mick Foley all travelled together in WCW. It led to the famous beach story.

I've never heard it, but knowing WCW-era Regal, it's gotta be good.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

NienNunb posted:

I've never heard it, but knowing WCW-era Regal, it's gotta be good.

Basically, Foley, Austin and Regal are staying somewhere and decide to go to the beach for a few hours. They arrive and Mick takes off running into the water, and just lays on his back, floating (according to Regal, Foley is the World's Most Buoyant Man, he allegedly floats like balsa wood). Regal and Austin look around for a few minutes, before realizing it's a gay beach. They leave the beach, Mick still floating totally unaware. They go to get some food, and Mick comes sprinting in looking shell-shocked.

:allears:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Khali, Mark Henry, and Hornswaggle all travel together.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Endless Mike posted:

Khali, Mark Henry, and Hornswaggle all travel together.

That sounds like a sitcom

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Steve Austin, Mankind, and DDP. On one occasions cookies were thrown into the mix.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Liar Lyre posted:

That sounds like a sitcom
Hornswaggle talks about it on the latest Art of Wrestling podcast...and yeah, it basically is.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

NienNunb posted:

Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, and THE RYBACK.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

Do you know how ordering the tickets for it work? Are the VIP passes weekend passes? Because I went on ticketmaster and it makes it sound like the VIP passes are one day only.

You have sessions broken down in time slots w/ a 'headliner' star for the autograph session, but in reality there are 2 co-headliners. Th VIP pass will get you into the line-ups for these autograph sessions, as sometimes these sessions are exclusive to the VIPs. There are more superstars to line up for but I'd reccomend lining up for the legends they bring out. I missed the chance to get in the line for Ricky The Dragon Steamboat and I'm still kicking myself for that.

Where the VIP really comes into play is that any of the interactive experiences like exhibits and photo opportunities have a separate VIP line that allows to to line up for and be admitted to these exhibits before the regular line. This is a trememdous time saver.

Sessions are broken into 4 hour blocks and sold on ticketmaster, I believe.

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

bobkatt013 posted:

Steve Austin, Mankind, and DDP. On one occasions cookies were thrown into the mix.

Wherein "the mix" was DDP's bed.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Can someone summarize what we actually know about the CrankyVince Twitter account?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
We know the WWE is aware of it, and that it's either run by a former writer who has a pipeline that feeds him information on the current team (hence CrankyVince making references to backstage stuff that meltz hasn't mentioned yet, like Del Rio threatening to leave), or a current member of the creative team. We know it was briefly shut down because the WWE pitched a fit.

We also know it's friggin' hilarious, and that it seems like an accurate portrayal of the way Vince behaves sometimes.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Jan 27, 2013

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

I've been dying to know the context of this picture.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

El Gallinero Gros posted:

We know the WWE is aware of it, and that it's either run by a former writer who has a pipeline that feeds him information on the current team (hence CrankyVince making references to backstage stuff that meltz hasn't mentioned yet, like Del Rio threatening to leave), or a current member of the creative team. We know it was briefly shut down because the WWE pitched a fit.

We also know it's friggin' hilarious, and that it seems like an accurate portrayal of the way Vince behaves sometimes.

Not sure how reliable this is, but I have read that Alex Greenfield runs the account.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Didn't he out himself by doing a cranky vince post in his alex greenfield account at somepoint last year.

Roman Herbom
Aug 2, 2006
The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don't
Does anyone here know how long does it take to get a refund for PPV stream on WWE.com? I had ordered the rumble, but I just found out that i won't be able to make it home before the show is more than halfway done. I asked their costumer service guys and they didn't give me a timeframe.

SirDippingSauce
Oct 25, 2012

We're here to interrogate Manly Dan the lumberjack for the murder of wax Stan.

The Croc posted:

Didn't he out himself by doing a cranky vince post in his alex greenfield account at somepoint last year.

Nope. Andrew Goldstein posted a Cranky Vince Tweet under his own account.... but then later claimed it was a stunt to get more followers or something? :confuoot:

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

So with WM being held in stadiums now, and with this year's being in the NY/NJ area, does that not bode well for WM30 being at MSG next year?

I'm a bit surprised also that they've never held it at the Superdome.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Fauxhawk Express posted:

So with WM being held in stadiums now, and with this year's being in the NY/NJ area, does that not bode well for WM30 being at MSG next year?

I'm a bit surprised also that they've never held it at the Superdome.

I'm pretty sure there were at least reported to be talks to have WM30 in Cowboys Stadium.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

WM at the Jerrydome would be awesome.