Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

Freeze_Dried_Chives posted:

Finished up the Beastlord epic today, and started going about finishing the Bard one. Man, I thought the camping for the Beastlord sucked... Spent about 12 hours running around Skyfire Highsunning poo poo trying to get Eldrig, but no luck. (Thanks to the goon who came out and helped for awhile!) So I went to Karnor's and got the head first try, and now I am sitting my butt in Kedge waiting for Phinny to spawn. He is on a 12 hour timer right?

After that I just need to get the thing from Fear, and kill Trakanon and then this one is done. Do you still need a wizard to get to Fear?

I have a spare head but you already got that. Park your alt at the loc north of the zi next to the wall and slaughter everything in a line from the east zi down towards the wizard portal and just south of the lava pointing at the zi. Once you get the ph its just a waiting game. I can give you a hand if you are on test and in guild.

Edit: killing poo poo was more fun and quicker if you just leave an alt at the ph loc. plus if you are doing this early enough you still get exp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollow Hills
Jan 27, 2013

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Is there anybody that actually plays a lot in the top end level wise that wants a steady partner of most any class? I'm open to any class besides a tank, but I don't have any interest in boxing, and I last played 3-4 years ago but unless you're boxing or have a good friend to play with it's pointless to me.

I don't care what server or if it's test or whatever, I can level up whatever helps the most so we can actually do the max level tasks/missions and stuff, probably raid eventually but it'd be awhile down the road.

Creative Bicycle
Apr 19, 2001

I have a hole!

Hollow Hills posted:

Is there anybody that actually plays a lot in the top end level wise that wants a steady partner of most any class? I'm open to any class besides a tank, but I don't have any interest in boxing, and I last played 3-4 years ago but unless you're boxing or have a good friend to play with it's pointless to me.

I don't care what server or if it's test or whatever, I can level up whatever helps the most so we can actually do the max level tasks/missions and stuff, probably raid eventually but it'd be awhile down the road.

Most of the guild on test is in their mid to high 80's, and we have a few people in their mid 90's or so. I haven't seen any level 100s on test yet but it stands to reason that at least a decent portion of us will get there eventually. As for raiding... I don't know if we'll get enough people to max level to ever really make that feasible, but aside from that, the goon guild seems to be a bit too casual/ADD (in an adorable way) to really organize into a relevant content raiding force. Tasks and missions? Sure.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
I highly doubt we'll ever get a raid force going as most of the higher ups don't really give two shits about it past knocking out trivial stuff for the hell of it. I know when I feel obligated to log on I stop wanting to. :v:

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

TO the best of my ability, everyone who's messaged me or asked recently in the thread has gotten a care pack, at least 1m plat, and should have 14 slot bags for every inv slot. I've sent out a lot of random other things like mithril boots & gloves, velium fire opal rings, 30 purity augs, disease cure shields, and god damned random rear end poo poo. I hope you all can be good communists and share the unneeded weird poo poo with people who can actually use it. Same goes for plat, dream motes and all the other crap that you all should have enough of to stock a guild twice your size.

That's the responses I've gotten, btw. I've been doing this because I wanted to help cut down on the tedious parts of eq for you guys.

Also, if anyone wants tradeskill supplies, lemme know. A huge chunk of 200-300 skill items get deleted every time I testcopy back over. Or if you guys need any specific TS made items, I'm 330-345 in all tradeskills. Wood Elf is the only cultural I can do, except that I haven't done the quests to make symbols for anything.

For future reference, the best testcopy mules I've found are halfling wars/rogues in RV. Almost no running from spawn to bank to parcels.

jetz0r fucked around with this message at 10:39 on Jan 28, 2013

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

Creative Bicycle posted:

Most of the guild on test is in their mid to high 80's, and we have a few people in their mid 90's or so. I haven't seen any level 100s on test yet but it stands to reason that at least a decent portion of us will get there eventually. As for raiding... I don't know if we'll get enough people to max level to ever really make that feasible, but aside from that, the goon guild seems to be a bit too casual/ADD (in an adorable way) to really organize into a relevant content raiding force. Tasks and missions? Sure.
I'm 20% xp from dinging 100 on my Monk, and my Shaman will be there as soon as I feel he has enough AA. :) For those curious, getting XP now at lvl 99 is pretty much no harder than it was at lvl 85, even though I'm now a full 6-man group doing missions and quests that aren't exactly optimal XP, with lots of travel, waiting, etc. The XP just flows, and I rarely do focused lesson burns either. My Monk has gone from lvl 95 to 99.80 in about 3 weeks of simply doing HoT progression, taking my new boxes through T1+T2 for good measure, plus the occasional Fall of the Tae Ew lesson burn, and then continuing onwards - I'm now ready for T4. Getting AAs just gets easier with time (perhaps with the exception of AA'ing in Paw at lvl 80 with fresh HoT gear - that is simply unparalleled in terms of ease at least), as missions and quests reward decent AA and you gain the ability to slaughter mobs faster. At lvl 99 I spotted one greenie mob in Feerrott The Dream, so beware if you're doing headshotting or swarming that maybe you should grinding out the last AA batch at lvl 98 or 99.

To Livejournal a bit more, my advice to other goons doing heavy grinding is as always to mix things up a little. Take a break from the XP, quit worrying about burning Lesson every night. Do tradeskills for the heck of it, do your epics, level some boxes if you haven't. Get all your spells, look through all your AAs and spells with a fine toothed comb for the 3rd time and see if you have perhaps missed a useful AA (I still discover new interesting AAs and spells on my shaman). Mix grinding with progression, do exploration, complete obsolete old quests, clear out all the old Kunark dungeons, and so on. Have fun, EQ isn't going anywhere.

But yeah, I won't be raiding anything serious either. I briefly talked with Kodaji about perhaps retro raiding some HoT raids just to see what it's about, when we're really high level with all our boxes, but that's all.

Can anyone (jetz0r?) shine light on the current raiding scene of EQ? Like, how many players does it require, how much time and dedicating, how hard is it? Would be fun to hear a little about it. Remember how high end raiding back in old EQ was only for a few guilds on the server? Yeah, I guess EQ hasn't moved in that aspect. :P

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

I hate yankees posted:

I played a rogue in a high end top 10 guild and quit shortly before RoF because I didn't want to go through the lovely EQ raiding scene anymore. Having to use a 3rd party program to listen to audio queues to run up to a boss and hail it in 5 seconds is not my idea of fun.

There is NOTHING in RoF even close to Sep4, RT or Pillars. The Audio Trigger post in our app forum lists 19 ATs for the 12 main raids, plus 2 between all the dragons in NToV. 2/3rd of the AT important raids are based on group missions, and the last is the only untuned piece of poo poo raid in the expansion.

I RL'd everything in VoA for a guild that finished VoA about 15th, then did VoA and RoF with RoI. And from that perspective, there is a lot less bullshit in RoF raids. They're nintendo-hard and legit complex/hard, but they are all fair once you get the gimmick. Except Xorbb1, it is an untuned pile of poo poo.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

jetz0r posted:

TO the best of my ability, everyone who's messaged me or asked recently in the thread has gotten a care pack, at least 1m plat, and should have 14 slot bags for every inv slot. I've sent out a lot of random other things like mithril boots & gloves, velium fire opal rings, 30 purity augs, disease cure shields, and god damned random rear end poo poo. I hope you all can be good communists and share the unneeded weird poo poo with people who can actually use it. Same goes for plat, dream motes and all the other crap that you all should have enough of to stock a guild twice your size.

That's the responses I've gotten, btw. I've been doing this because I wanted to help cut down on the tedious parts of eq for you guys.

Also, if anyone wants tradeskill supplies, lemme know. A huge chunk of 200-300 skill items get deleted every time I testcopy back over. Or if you guys need any specific TS made items, I'm 330-345 in all tradeskills. Wood Elf is the only cultural I can do, except that I haven't done the quests to make symbols for anything.

For future reference, the best testcopy mules I've found are halfling wars/rogues in RV. Almost no running from spawn to bank to parcels.

Holy poo poo I don't even know what to do with all this stuff, but thanks a ton. You're awesome.

acumen fucked around with this message at 11:22 on Jan 28, 2013

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Pilsner posted:

Can anyone (jetz0r?) shine light on the current raiding scene of EQ? Like, how many players does it require, how much time and dedicating, how hard is it? Would be fun to hear a little about it. Remember how high end raiding back in old EQ was only for a few guilds on the server? Yeah, I guess EQ hasn't moved in that aspect. :P

You want to raid RoF? 54 L100s is your goal. If they're already geared and good, you can the hardest raids in the expansion with 44ish. Some of the dragons in NToV can be done with 1-2 groups of raid geared players. Some of the other raids are doable with around 30 raid geared players. We almost beat the expansion with an avg raid level of 97 and almost no RoF loot, but a bug made us wait a few days so our raid avg was 98 or 99 when we finished everything.

Going back an expnasion, the Sarith(T2) raid should be 1-2 groupable now. Valley(T2) has a dps check that would beat 30 raid geared L95s. Argath (T1) could probably be done by 18 or fewer who know what they're doing, for pickups, I'd go for over 30.

Time required varies a lot with the guild. RoI raids 3 nights a week right now and will be cutting a day off asap. Some guilds do a full 5 nights a week for the whole expansion. Each night is about 4 hours. You obviously need to be at level cap, plus enough AAs to cover all your raid needed abilities. Most guilds want to check over your augs because they show how much effort you've put into your char, and they're the only gear that you will keep once you get into raid gear.

One of our guys has been streaming raids to twitch, I'll see if he has any saved vids worth sharing.

I can give better answers to more specific questions. But if you want to raid on test, try asking rainbowdash. Then consider that your server's best attempts at raiding involves someone named rainbowdash.

jetz0r fucked around with this message at 11:46 on Jan 28, 2013

Freeze_Dried_Chives
Jul 22, 2007

I will not go down the hole again good sir.
Finally logged on to check on Phinny right before he popped, so I have his spawn timer down. First kill didn't drop the backbone, but here is hoping that I don't spend a week doing this. I can kind of see why these are called Epics now, back when these first came out this poo poo must have been impossible.

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

Freeze_Dried_Chives posted:

Finally logged on to check on Phinny right before he popped, so I have his spawn timer down. First kill didn't drop the backbone, but here is hoping that I don't spend a week doing this. I can kind of see why these are called Epics now, back when these first came out this poo poo must have been impossible.
I *think* I have another backbone on one of my chars, but if not, it seems rather common. I got 3 bones in 4 kills when I farmed him for my Wizard's epic.

Try /tell'ing Zliz if I'm online and I'll check for the backbone. I also have a hoarde of other epic items for MQ.

Flarestar
Dec 23, 2005
Diesel Powered Robot Panda

Stanos posted:

I highly doubt we'll ever get a raid force going as most of the higher ups don't really give two shits about it past knocking out trivial stuff for the hell of it. I know when I feel obligated to log on I stop wanting to. :v:

It's not so much that we don't give two shits as that the goon guild doesn't have the numbers required to do current content raiding, much less the levels. There's like five? of us at 95+, and I'm fairly sure some of those are boxes. One is for sure.

We can actually field numbers to do some of the older content raiding - Underfoot and some of the Seeds raids would actually still be challenging for us just due to the numbers. HoT raiding a lot of our folks are on target for level/gear-wise, just not sure if we have enough people.

blackmage
Sep 9, 2006

jetz0r posted:

Wow, thanks so much!

If anyone has a decent 2hs or 1hb that a 80 SK could use, I'm looking for something like that on Zgrak.

VenimeuxHaine
Mar 22, 2012
I can copy you a Jumping Axe if you want.

I could use abstruse legs and helm for my sk, any abstruse for a shaman, dream motes for both, and bard illusion masks. I have erudite and iksar so far.

Send to Navant, or I'm on almost every night on test.

Thank you!

napster of meat
Nov 12, 2000

Does anyone know what's up with Sleeper's Tomb on Test? I cleared it twice in the last week looking for the Ancients but the only thing in there are a bunch of crystal golems, the gargoyles in the library, and one gargoyle mage roamer down on the ancients platform. MotG dropped a spell and Prismtaic spear but Progenitor and Arbiter dropped only spells. No drakes/wyverns/specters to be found.

Flarestar
Dec 23, 2005

VenimeuxHaine posted:

I could use abstruse legs and helm for my sk, any abstruse for a shaman, dream motes for both, and bard illusion masks. I have erudite and iksar so far.

Thank you!

Bard illusions are largely nodrop. It's also sort of a rite of passage to farm your own. The High Elf illusion (Guise of the Coercer) is the only one you should have any real trouble obtaining, due to needing a rogue to pickpocket notes for you.

What level is your SK and shaman? I'm copying over a bunch of HoT T1 equivalent gear on a regular basis - most of a full suit of Terror Infused, it's almost identical to Abstruse.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Ahh nostalgia, you cruel bitch

Flarestar posted:

It's not so much that we don't give two shits as that the goon guild doesn't have the numbers required to do current content raiding, much less the levels. There's like five? of us at 95+, and I'm fairly sure some of those are boxes. One is for sure.

We can actually field numbers to do some of the older content raiding - Underfoot and some of the Seeds raids would actually still be challenging for us just due to the numbers. HoT raiding a lot of our folks are on target for level/gear-wise, just not sure if we have enough people.

Yeah no real desire to start actively raiding again whatsoever. I'm just in it for stuff like Zliz described, couple-group older raids for the fun of it. I don't think I could ever go back to a weekly raid schedule without burning out rapidly. Been having a lot more fun loving around with new alts and turning my wizard into a suicide bomber than I did back when I raided. :jihad:

Honestly there's so drat much to do in the game aside from cutting edge raiding that I don't think I'd be able to finish it all in the next year

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

MrTheDevious posted:

Yeah no real desire to start actively raiding again whatsoever. I'm just in it for stuff like Zliz described, couple-group older raids for the fun of it. I don't think I could ever go back to a weekly raid schedule without burning out rapidly. Been having a lot more fun loving around with new alts and turning my wizard into a suicide bomber than I did back when I raided. :jihad:

Honestly there's so drat much to do in the game aside from cutting edge raiding that I don't think I'd be able to finish it all in the next year

That's the way I am...I loved watching my baby Shaman and Mage's Mercs tear through poo poo 10 levels higher than them. I think I'm going to go to 60-65 with them and then just have a 4 man group to tear up Kunark, Velious and Luclin.

Thanks to the people that sent my Shaman stuff! I appreciate it, he's now about 70% non-stuff-he-got-from-testbuff.

VenimeuxHaine
Mar 22, 2012
My sk and shaman are both 78. I'm PLing a bard to go with them, then I'm going to push to 80. At 80 I'm going to work on the sk epic 1.5, which will be my first 1.5 in the years I've been casually playing.

I test copy a bit but I don't have a lot on other servers. I do have most of a set of Abstruse shadow knight gear if anyone wants me to copy it over (sans legs and helm).

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

MrTheDevious posted:

Yeah, I'm in this boat too. Running around ganking stuff that's an expansion or two back is all well and good but I don't have any desire to try and actively raid again.

That's more or less a moot point on Test anyway.

A question for those of you who have transferred characters to different accounts: I'm a little fuzzy on what I need to do. It looks like I have to have a second active account for at least a month before I can transfer a character over. Is this true? I've got no problem firing up an account for a month but it also has to have all of the expansions of the original transfer account(I've purchased all expansions, stupidly). I'd most likely convert second account to F2P after I moved the character to Test but I'm not sure I want to outlay $100+ just to move a character, without even considering the actual cost of the move. Any input is appreciated.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Shrapnac posted:

Yeah, I'm in this boat too. Running around ganking stuff that's an expansion or two back is all well and good but I don't have any desire to try and actively raid again.

That's more or less a moot point on Test anyway.

A question for those of you who have transferred characters to different accounts: I'm a little fuzzy on what I need to do. It looks like I have to have a second active account for at least a month before I can transfer a character over. Is this true? I've got no problem firing up an account for a month but it also has to have all of the expansions of the original transfer account(I've purchased all expansions, stupidly). I'd most likely convert second account to F2P after I moved the character to Test but I'm not sure I want to outlay $100+ just to move a character, without even considering the actual cost of the move. Any input is appreciated.

Character transfers are pretty simple nowadays with the transfer token from the SC store. There is an account age stipulation because of hackers, 1 month for the account the char is being transfered to sounds about right. It's not automatic like it should be but you just gotta have the trans token in the inventory of the char to be transfered and then petition.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

Flarestar posted:

Bard illusions are largely nodrop. It's also sort of a rite of passage to farm your own. The High Elf illusion (Guise of the Coercer) is the only one you should have any real trouble obtaining, due to needing a rogue to pickpocket notes for you.

No longer technically necessary to have a rogue to help you as a bard, as I understand it. I used a goblin rogue shroud to cheese through the early half of the wizard 1.0 (skip right to the staves part by sneak-talking to Kandin in ButcherBlock), and that same shroud can be used to do the pickpocket parts as a bard, and the rest is basically as it would be for a rogue after that, though I understand that killing Stanos is still a pain.

napster of meat posted:

Does anyone know what's up with Sleeper's Tomb on Test? I cleared it twice in the last week looking for the Ancients but the only thing in there are a bunch of crystal golems, the gargoyles in the library, and one gargoyle mage roamer down on the ancients platform. MotG dropped a spell and Prismtaic spear but Progenitor and Arbiter dropped only spells. No drakes/wyverns/specters to be found.

That is interesting, because a few months ago (on Luclin) I was farming ST via the ancients because I wanted my SK to have one of each Prismatic for some reason - I also got a Dwarf mask for my bard. I found out when I was nearly done with this pointless project that there is a guy in the upper part of ST that you can say some key phrase to that causes a wyvern to spawn that always drops at least one Prismatic, and can be respawned within 20 minutes or so. The name eludes me at the moment and I can't be arsed to look it up, though.

Speaking of epics, I also have some things after my recent mostly-successful mini-raid of Sky. I actually had to let a Mage crown rot on 7 due to it being Lore and me having only 2 toons there, but I have an extra Crown of Elemental Mastery if someone wants it (those are tradable). I also got at least 1 ranger epic globe (not sure if that can be MQ'd) as well as a couple of Blades of Abrogation for the SK 1.0. Integ has a copyable Quillmane cloak for MQ, and honestly I can take my wizard and SK (who have all the Sky keys - bless the dev who made it so that those no longer poof when you leave the zone) up to 7 and farm the drakes (who do not DT) for more as the drakes are fairly numerous, trivial to kill, and do not DT.

I also have a pile of Dragon Scales of all three colours and an extra Phinigel staff for the mage 1.0 as well.

napster of meat
Nov 12, 2000

JustJeff88 posted:

That is interesting, because a few months ago (on Luclin) I was farming ST via the ancients because I wanted my SK to have one of each Prismatic for some reason - I also got a Dwarf mask for my bard. I found out when I was nearly done with this pointless project that there is a guy in the upper part of ST that you can say some key phrase to that causes a wyvern to spawn that always drops at least one Prismatic, and can be respawned within 20 minutes or so. The name eludes me at the moment and I can't be arsed to look it up, though.

That spawn is also not up. It's like a ghost town in there. Everything drops a single spell or nothing at all and I ended up with like 10 copies of Occlusion of Sound last night.

napster of meat
Nov 12, 2000

JustJeff88 posted:

I also got at least 1 ranger epic globe (not sure if that can be MQ'd)

That can be MQed, but it's a guaranteed drop and no mobs to that point in sky DT so it's pretty easy to acquire (not to poo poo on your generosity).

I myself have a Shattered Emerald of Corruption and a Staff of Elemental Mastery: Earth available for MQ. I got these on two random first kills the other night and I was after something completely different. I would have been an EQ billionaire back in the day holding both of those.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

napster of meat posted:

That can be MQed, but it's a guaranteed drop and no mobs to that point in sky DT so it's pretty easy to acquire (not to poo poo on your generosity).

I myself have a Shattered Emerald of Corruption and a Staff of Elemental Mastery: Earth available for MQ. I got these on two random first kills the other night and I was after something completely different. I would have been an EQ billionaire back in the day holding both of those.

Someone less lazy than myself should set up a Google Doc that we can add what we have available to MQ on test. :)

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
For anyone playing a paladin besides me (I think maybe one person?) I test copied over a near full set of Abstruse. I am missing wrists and legs though, so if anyone has the component to make the armor, I'd pay or something to get those slots. Or maybe someone would help camp for the no drop parts?

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

napster of meat posted:

How is it guaranteed? It dropped off of a random trash mob (essence tamer) on island 4. Not doubting your accuracy, just curious.

Speaking of Island 4, I pretty much have the whole Keeper spawn cycle down to a science and my wizard can Mana Blaze him down in one shot provided that I do it far enough away to avoid the aggro & instant DT, so any necromancers keep that in mind. I have an extra Silver Disc on Test (though they are quite common on the Azarack island) and a Spiroc Feather on Luclin that I can copy whenever. Note that the Disc & Feather are tradable, just not the cape from the Keeper.

Flarestar
Dec 23, 2005

MrTheDevious posted:

Same. EQ raiding even in the newer content is a bit too mind-numbing for me to want to do it regardless.

What I do want to do is start at maybe DoD and go forward though. I think we could have a lot of fun with those - I know I'm not the only one that enjoys the lore and storyline aspects of EQ.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
I'm a bit surprised that EQ hasn't reduced the number of bodies needed for raiding yet, seems most MMOs are 25 player or less these days.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

JustJeff88 posted:

Speaking of epics, I also have some things after my recent mostly-successful mini-raid of Sky. I actually had to let a Mage crown rot on 7 due to it being Lore and me having only 2 toons there, but I have an extra Crown of Elemental Mastery if someone wants it (those are tradable).

I'll take the crown if no higher level mages need it. Name is Carmelo(Level 66 now) I haven't even started the epic yet so any help is appreciated!

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

JustJeff88 posted:

How is it guaranteed? It dropped off of a random trash mob (essence tamer) on island 4. Not doubting your accuracy, just curious.

Speaking of Island 4, I pretty much have the whole Keeper spawn cycle down to a science and my wizard can Mana Blaze him down in one shot provided that I do it far enough away to avoid the aggro & instant DT, so any necromancers keep that in mind. I have an extra Silver Disc on Test (though they are quite common on the Azarack island) and a Spiroc Feather on Luclin that I can copy whenever. Note that the Disc & Feather are tradable, just not the cape from the Keeper.
The Sphere is just really common off the horsies, particularly since each of them split into a total of 4 or 6 or something.

I'm a Sky lover, I clear it out sometimes and work on getting my Monk all the items needed to complete all the class quests. Only got two completed so far, but have lots of the other quest items. I keep all the items off Eye of Veeshan regardless of which class they're used for, so maybe I can MQ some.

dirty nub
Jan 19, 2009

Can you raid using shrouds? I think it would be fun to shroud up and try to tackle some of the really ancient raids.

blackmage
Sep 9, 2006

VenimeuxHaine posted:

Thank you!

That would be awesome, thanks! I'm using an elegant battleaxe now so that would be a huge upgrade.

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

blackmage posted:

That would be awesome, thanks! I'm using an elegant battleaxe now so that would be a huge upgrade.

I sent you a hammer of greatness, why aren't you using that? it's the best dps weapon at 80

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

Flarestar posted:

Same. EQ raiding even in the newer content is a bit too mind-numbing for me to want to do it regardless.

What I do want to do is start at maybe DoD and go forward though. I think we could have a lot of fun with those - I know I'm not the only one that enjoys the lore and storyline aspects of EQ.

I'd enjoy doing some of the older content because I know nothing about them. For example, I don't think I could name a single zone in the Gates of Discord through Prophecy of Ro expansions. Maybe we can set up a system where we destroy some of the raids/zones in these expansions once a week as a group or something.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Are there any player or level limits to any raids? If it's purely free-for-all I can imagine it being pretty easy to find a group or two within Harpies.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
Hi, played this game a long time ago, I quit with the Luclin expansion Iif I recall correctly, and was thkinking to re-install it now that is f2p to enjoy the old content and kill some of the ancient bosses.

What's best for that? Can I do it in the test server? I'm really clueless about it.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Congo Jack posted:

Hi, played this game a long time ago, I quit with the Luclin expansion Iif I recall correctly, and was thkinking to re-install it now that is f2p to enjoy the old content and kill some of the ancient bosses.

What's best for that? Can I do it in the test server? I'm really clueless about it.

How ancient do you mean by ancient? I think Test is probably best if you don't want to play seriously with a raid guild, because it makes it super easy to multi-box with full priveleges (all expansions, gold accounts, etc) plus you get extra XP. Any new character you start on Test can be made instantly level 25 with lvl 25 gear...I took two 25s to 53 in two nights of playing, about an hour and a half each, with mercs. It's fun.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Dubious posted:

For anyone playing a paladin besides me (I think maybe one person?) I test copied over a near full set of Abstruse. I am missing wrists and legs though, so if anyone has the component to make the armor, I'd pay or something to get those slots. Or maybe someone would help camp for the no drop parts?

I've got a full set of the abstruse remnants on FV, so I can testcopy them over, but have no characters at 80 yet - do I need to be 80 to access the other junk that I need to make them? If not, I can help you out if you can provide the crafted piece and help point me at where to get the other stuff.\

Edit: For the dude above me, I wouldn't really call the /testbuff gear Level 25 gear - more like Level 40 gear from Vanilla EQ. Which is outclassed by the level 1 defiant gear today. It was simultaneously amusing and depressing that I could identify just about every piece of that gear by graphic/stats, since all the names were replaced with Test Rogue Neck, etc.

Devor fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Jan 28, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thewhitehand
Sep 11, 2008
I just started back up on test with my 90 sk Mordekaiser if any of you goons want to group up.

Also where should I be grouping for gear? I have a couple pieces of abstruse and the mote bought items and my weps are a lvl 80 1hb that's 100/32? and epic 2.0 for a 2hander.