Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

grover
Jan 23, 2002

PEW PEW PEW
:circlefap::circlefap::circlefap:
The Bentley rally was every bit as awesome as it looked in the previews. Goddamn, that looked fun!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica

grover posted:

The Bentley rally was every bit as awesome as it looked in the previews. Goddamn, that looked fun!

For real, and I was surprised James actually started to get better at calling out corners.

Jut
May 16, 2005

by Ralp
SIARPC is same old crap as usual though

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

Jeremy starting the P...P in the library made the whole segment for me.

StarcraftM
Jan 15, 2008

Full Fuckin' Circle.

Jut posted:

SIARPC is same old crap as usual though

The conditions made it hillarious, though.

In general, the episode was one of the funnier ones they've had in a while.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Good ep imo. I really like that ginger fella.
Also the last segment seemed like it was written for Will Ferrel and Jeremy just did his best :newlol:

I HATE PINK BIKES
Feb 15, 2012
Well that was as average as I've come to expect from latter seasons of Top Gear, the Colin McRae special that was on at 10:00 was a world away better.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Nooo Dick Winters can't be the slowest :ohdear:

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica

drunken officeparty posted:

Nooo Dick Winters can't be the slowest :ohdear:

I support them having a snow board, and seeing more dudes racing in the snow.

Also, this episode was fantastic, I really enjoyed it and hated how soon it was over.

:saddowns:

Un-l337-Pork
Sep 9, 2001

Oooh yeah...

Foehammer007 posted:

I support them having a snow board, and seeing more dudes racing in the snow.

Also, this episode was fantastic, I really enjoyed it and hated how soon it was over.

:saddowns:

Yea, good episode. A bit too long with Jeremy in the P45, but overall, very enjoyable. Thank God, this show is back on!

neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

Oh Bambi, I cried so hard when those hunters shot your mommy...
Great episode, I was never really sold on the look of the Huayra, but it looked amazing in the green paint in the studio.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

I cannot wait to see the FT86. Looks like they were racing two of them in the preview.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Jeremy dispensing fuel into the garbage can was perhaps the funniest thing I've ever seen in this show.

I have no idea what happened in the subsequent 60 seconds, other than me and my roommate laughing.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Clarkson's car might be the funniest segment of Top Gear ever.

StarcraftM
Jan 15, 2008

Full Fuckin' Circle.

kylej posted:

Clarkson's car might be the funniest segment of Top Gear ever.

Funny yes, but Reliant Robin, man.

Never forget.

Filthy Luker
Aug 4, 2002
Which is why I giggled like a girl when I saw the new updated opening montage.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

The Reliant Robin episode was the very first new one I watched after getting into Top Gear during the off season, and that segment will always hold a very special place in my heart. :3:

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Really enjoyed that episode. SIARPC was enjoyable, the rally segment was outstanding, and the P45 review was everything I hoped it'd be.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
The P45 segment was really one of the best segments ever produced on this show. I can only hope the rest of the season is at least this good.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
Great show, the only thing it was missing was a good segment with all the guys together. I'm looking forward to the rest of the series.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Jeremy's prolonged, inhuman yell of pain every time he hit his face on the windshield was unbelievably great.

He's really suffering for his art.

G-Mach
Feb 6, 2011
This does have a reverse gear. *Beep* *Beep* *Beep* *Beep* *Beep*

Ecstatic
Sep 30, 2010
I think the time away has done them a world of good, in that they've had time to come up with some genuinely funny and entertaining stories and haven't had to milk them to death.

Wasn't a moment in that show that was padded out.

Also what's Lewis doing back in the SIARPC, he hasn't done anything of note for the last 5 years. Get Alonso in there.

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

The Huayra was amazing, I need to try that out some day, seems like the most amazing car to drive ever.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Cached Money posted:

The Huayra was amazing, I need to try that out some day, seems like the most amazing car to drive ever.

Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it!

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

That was a pretty good episode. Loved the Bentley rallying segment, really well done.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Jeremy seemed genuinely terrified taking the P45 onto the A3, and to be honest I can't blame him. What did he say its top speed was, about 35mph? Still, it's his own fault.

Bentley put some pics of the car on Twitter; it was driven straight back to the factory after the rally, still caked in mud. It's now part of their development fleet. (Well, they'd have a job selling it after what it was put through.)

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

Cached Money posted:

I wonder how much of the laptime were due to it's active aero.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Payndz posted:

Bentley put some pics of the car on Twitter; it was driven straight back to the factory after the rally, still caked in mud. It's now part of their development fleet. (Well, they'd have a job selling it after what it was put through.)

The value of that car as a test mule, having been taken to the edge of what will ever be done with a CGT—not to mention the exposure it got on this episode—is way higher to Bentley than they ever would have gotten by selling it retail. Remember, this is Volks-"we lose millions on every Veyron"—wagen. They'd be ecstatic to just write the whole thing off as a marketing expense.

Palpatine MD
Jan 31, 2012

Passionate about your involuntary euthanasia.
Top Gear Series 19 - We Swear It's Not a Phallus

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

I count two metallic phalluses and one cock in that picture.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
I wonder if that Bentley had any braking ability left by the end of that run. It sure looked like it didn't.

meme
Oct 7, 2009

But it's a pretty good way to get someone to spend money on buying you an av and sig. Maybe I should be really obnoxious and get an upgrade myself

Moral of the story: be careful what you wish for.

You are welcome.
I usually just watch top gear for the crazy antics of the guys, the pretty cars are nice and the camera work is great, but that whole Bentley bit I was on the edge of my seat with my big stupid gob open, that's a hell of a loving car and taking round a rally course was just dumb and great.

destructo
Apr 29, 2006
I swear they switched equipment or production techniques, because that Huayra bit just seemed loving _sharp_. That car is so gorgeous.

Mighty Horse
Jul 24, 2007

Speed, Class, Bankruptcy.
I liked the mental look of the Huayra.

Then I saw it in that green, and had a car-gasam.

I rewatched it, and I noticed they have in the montage a shot of the new viper's tach redlining and I had another.

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

:dukedog:

destructo posted:

I swear they switched equipment or production techniques, because that Huayra bit just seemed loving _sharp_. That car is so gorgeous.

I believe they got a new cinematographer or some such last series. Remember the blending shots in the winter testing of bently/ferrari?

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

I was in stitches all the way through the P45 segment. It's easily tied with the Reliant Robin bit as the funniest thing they've ever done.

Palpatine MD
Jan 31, 2012

Passionate about your involuntary euthanasia.

meme posted:

I usually just watch top gear for the crazy antics of the guys, the pretty cars are nice and the camera work is great, but that whole Bentley bit I was on the edge of my seat with my big stupid gob open, that's a hell of a loving car and taking round a rally course was just dumb and great.
I felt the same, the forward facing shots of the rally had me clenching buttocks something fierce.

HalloKitty
Sep 30, 2005

Adjust the bass and let the Alpine blast

Seat Safety Switch posted:

I wonder if that Bentley had any braking ability left by the end of that run. It sure looked like it didn't.

That was by far the best bit though - I love totally inappropriate car uses..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
Fantastic episode. I was giggling the entire time through the rally segment, because that's basically what I would do if I had "gently caress you" money.