Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Die Laughing posted:

Just finished watching DKR Part 2, and it was truly amazing. Keep an ear out for Frank Welker doing his Real Ghostbusters Ray voice as the mayor of Gotham. Conan O'Brien was a nice bit of casting as well.

I watched Part 2, but not 1 and was wondering is it as good? I could not believe the Joker scene and Michael Emerson was amazing as the Joker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corwin72
Sep 19, 2004

Kill the Flatscans
Pillbug
So long Young Justice
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/28/young-justice-green-lantern-tas-cancelled

nonrev
Jul 15, 2012

Green Lantern's gone too :(

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

nonrev posted:

Green Lantern's gone too :(

Yet Ultimate Spider-man still lives.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
but then again so are you
Maybe they're tweaking a Super Best Friends Forever or Amethyst show. They have to use all those shorts for something, right? Why not to figure out what gets a new series?

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

spikenigma posted:

OOooookay :aaa: (RE: Returns part II).

Why couldn't the cinematic Dark Knight Rises have been an exact frame for frame adaptation of that
It would be rated R

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

bobkatt013 posted:

Yet Ultimate Spider-man still lives.

That's because Disney doesn't run their networks like idiots. Nothing to do with the quality of their shows.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Man I really hope both of those shows end in as unsatisfying and infuriating a way as it is possible for a show to end, like Spectacular Spider-Man did. For some reason when that happens it actually amuses me enough to make up for losing a good show. Like Green Lantern should end with them stopping the Anti Monitor at great cost with help from the other Corps but Sinestro (who had been kicked out at some point before the finale) comes along with his own corps and we get the prospect of a series of Ron Perlman as the main villain and some of the awesome Sinestro Corp members showing up dangled in our faces right before we never get to see it again.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

Maybe they're tweaking a Super Best Friends Forever or Amethyst show. They have to use all those shorts for something, right? Why not to figure out what gets a new series?

Beware the Batman and Teen Titans Go. SBFF was confirmed to not be made into a full series a while ago. I think Lauren Faust might have a Nickelodeon pilot going.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
Beware the Batman is going to be something.

Professor Pyg as the main villain and Alfred as the sidekick wielding two 45s? How pissed must Bruce get at Alfred for that poo poo?

"Yeah I know how much you hate guns and everything but who gives a poo poo?"

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...
I wouldn't take this as a clear indication that YJ and GL:TAS are cancelled. Back when Justice League: Unlimited was around, CN would announce these shows and ignore JLU, but we'd eventually still get more. It's certainly not a good sign, but don't completely give up hope.

Young Justice is probably done for good, though.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Beware the Batman because his butler will loving go all Punisher on you.

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...
ALL HOPE IS LOST

quote:

Update: GL: TAS showrunner Giancarlo Volpe has also confirmed the end of the series via twitter, stating that luckily they didn't find out via press release. "This time we knew. They just didn't want us to announce it publicly until they did." No comment from YJ's Brandon Vietti yet, though in foreshadowing he announced his and Greg Weisman's work on season 2 was completed way back on October 24, 2012, and he has been working on a Scooby Doo/WWE special for the last six weeks or so, according to his twitter account.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

quote:

he has been working on a Scooby Doo/WWE special

quote:

working on a Scooby Doo/WWE special

quote:

a Scooby Doo/WWE special

quote:

:unsmigghh:SCOOBY DOO/WWE:unsmigghh:

Sweet mother of Christ.

McSpanky fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Jan 29, 2013

Maphis
Apr 22, 2012

Codependent Poster posted:

That's because Disney doesn't run their networks like idiots. Nothing to do with the quality of their shows.

TRON: Uprising says otherwise. Too many amazing cartoons are being killed this year... all of them.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism

E the Shaggy posted:

Professor Pyg as the main villain and Alfred as the sidekick wielding two 45s? How pissed must Bruce get at Alfred for that poo poo?

Didn't they spend a lot of time editing out all the guns after the Aurora cinema shooting?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

McSpanky posted:

Sweet mother of Christ.

Paging Dr. Gavok, I think there's an entry all prepped and ready for your series about weird crossovers.

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

So shocked someone got me an avatar!
Only the good shows die young.

Johnny Test lives forever.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

thebardyspoon posted:

Man I really hope both of those shows end in as unsatisfying and infuriating a way as it is possible for a show to end, like Spectacular Spider-Man did. For some reason when that happens it actually amuses me enough to make up for losing a good show. Like Green Lantern should end with them stopping the Anti Monitor at great cost with help from the other Corps but Sinestro (who had been kicked out at some point before the finale) comes along with his own corps and we get the prospect of a series of Ron Perlman as the main villain and some of the awesome Sinestro Corp members showing up dangled in our faces right before we never get to see it again.
Same thing with Wolverine and The X-Men Season 2 that never came :smith:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That press release claims that the Powerpuff Girls are getting a new special!

Let's hope it's the originals and not those horrible tween CGI versions from some years ago.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
but then again so are you
It's apparently going to be animated in CG but it still looks pretty cute from this promo picture. It'll probably just be totally awful but at least they got the voice cast back.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
rip Young Justice and Green Lantern. What a shame.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

It's apparently going to be animated in CG but it still looks pretty cute from this promo picture. It'll probably just be totally awful but at least they got the voice cast back.

GOD drat IT.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Rhyno posted:

That press release claims that the Powerpuff Girls are getting a new special!

No Genndy, no play.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Lurdiak posted:

No Genndy, no play.

CN cut out the middleman this time and fired Gendy before even hiring him in the first place. Pretty efficient, actually.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Starsnostars posted:

Didn't they spend a lot of time editing out all the guns after the Aurora cinema shooting?

Yes. That's why it's been constantly delayed. It will probably end up being quite different than what was first advertised.

Also I will take a WWE/Scooby Doo mash up any day over Young Justice.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Waterhaul posted:

What are you talking about, that show was a wonderful sleep aid!

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Waterhaul posted:

Yes. That's why it's been constantly delayed. It will probably end up being quite different than what was first advertised.

I'm actually shocked there are people legitimately mourning the loss of Young Justice. It was a terrible show.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
The Greg Weisman curse, his shows can't last more than 2 seasons

At least Gargoyles got a really long second season.

E the Shaggy posted:

Codependent Poster posted:

Beware the Batman because his butler will loving go all Punisher on you.
Yeah not going to happen after Sandy Hook

Lurdiak posted:

What are you talking about, that show was a wonderful sleep aid!

Deadpool posted:

I'm actually shocked there are people legitimately mourning the loss of Young Justice. It was a terrible show.
What is going on here

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 11:53 on Jan 29, 2013

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Cardboard Box A posted:

What is going on here

Young Justice was a glacially paced show with one-dimensional characters, is what's going on.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

McSpanky posted:

Sweet mother of Christ.

The wrestling MMA subforum has known about this for months. We just didn't have the heart to tell you.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

jscolon2.0 posted:

The wrestling MMA subforum has known about this for months. We just didn't have the heart to tell you.
Is it Mystery Inc Scooby Doo? Because that could be good as a parody of all the Mystery Gang meets and solves a mystery with the help of celebrities like the old show.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Lurdiak posted:

Young Justice was a glacially paced show with one-dimensional characters, is what's going on.

I would agree with you in season 1, but I found season 2 rather enjoyable... you know, until they slowed it down to glacier pace with an unannounced and unexpected 3-month hiatus because I guess it was too close to being good so they really had to kill it.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

The worst thing about Young Justice is just how much of an effort they made to be incredibly serious while they still had all these crazy things going on in the background.

They never really did anything with G. Gordon Godfrey, and the Reach's big plan to take over the world is a god-damned sports drink.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

jscolon2.0 posted:

I'm still going to be disappointed if Vince isn't the villain somehow.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Gaz-L posted:

"IT'S ME, SCOOBY"
"Aw, ron of a ritch!"

Adam Strange
Oct 11, 2012

He laughs. The line goes dead.

SlothfulCobra posted:

The worst thing about Young Justice is just how much of an effort they made to be incredibly serious while they still had all these crazy things going on in the background.

They never really did anything with G. Gordon Godfrey, and the Reach's big plan to take over the world is a god-damned sports drink.

YJ is pretty hit or miss for me but GGG on GBS News was amazing

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Gaz-L posted:

If Vince isn't the villain and there isn't an extended sequence where Ryback, Scooby and Shaggy try to see who can eat the most I will be very disappointed.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

TwoPair posted:

"IT'S ME, SCOOBY"
"Aw, ron of a ritch!"

"IT WAS ME... ALLLLL ALLONNNG!"

*struts out of diner right into paddy wagon*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

"IT WAS ME... ALLLLL ALLONNNG!"

*struts out of diner right into paddy wagon*

Then he tears both his quads.

• Locked thread