Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Dias posted:

Brazilian Marvel right now on Revox, our Road to Evo tournament:

https://www.twitch.tv/x_revolution

In about two hours, it's AE pools. Tomorrow it's finals for all games (KOFXIII, UMVC3, AE) and exhibition matches between Breno and Infiltration/Laugh.

Finals for all games going on today, right now it's KOFXIII, in about two hours from now there'll be exhibition/team matches between top Brazilian players and Laugh/Infiltration/Combofiend, after that it's Marvel and AE.

The exhibition matches will be streamed on Capcom's page: http://pt-br.twitch.tv/capcomfighters and everything else is on https://www.twitch.tv/x_revolution nevermind, KOF on https://www.twitch.tv/x_revolution, EVERYTHING ELSE on http://pt-br.twitch.tv/capcomfighters

Brackets for top 16 that don't matter because you don't know anyone anyway:

http://challonge.com/revox2013_kofxiiifinals
http://challonge.com/revox2013_umvc3finals
http://challonge.com/revox2013_ssfivfinals

I guess keep an eye out for Mr Bruno, RobKOF and Kléber Yagami for KOF; Erotikk, Dark Fox and Bruno Wizard for Marvel; and Keoma, Breno Fighters and Chuchu in AE.

Dias fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Jan 27, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chacmool
Apr 12, 2007

Wow Bruno's Chris is amazing.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Chacmool posted:

Wow Bruno's Chris is amazing.

It's a pity that Zero May Cry is a force of nature. :smith:

Dark Fox is pretty good and doesn't drop too many combos, a problem many Brazilian players have. I think he'll be a nice Brazilian representative for EVO.

And now, for AE finals. Rooting for Keoma because he's from my state. Bestest Abel ever. :3:

EDIT: what a sagat won

how

Congratulations to Ludo, that was some great Sagat play. Put_br_Sagat_in_EVO, I guess.

Dias fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Jan 27, 2013

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
FChamp is trolling XBL with Dorm, funny stuff. He's just playing keep-away and chipping everyone to death, earlier he was spamming Repulsion on a Haggar and timed out a Sentinel. He has a lot of fun with this game despite his reputation and in-for-the-money attitude. I wonder what it would be like if he played in tournament like he does online, he'd probably get his rear end kicked.

reversefungi
Nov 27, 2003

Master of the high hat!
I've never gotten all the hate for Champ. Yeah sure he's a trash talker but he's never seemed extremely malicious or done hardly anything terrible outside of that. He's an incredible player and some of the things he does are hysterical. Watching him troll the gently caress out of XBL was hilarious, what with his optimized Dormammu teabagging combos and all

reversefungi fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Jan 28, 2013

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
e: whatever

Boobs is Fun!
Jun 25, 2005

KaneBlueRiver
The Chilean Sensation
#1 Hulk/Haggar in the World

The Dark Wind posted:

I've never gotten all the hate for Champ. Yeah sure he's a trash talker but he's never seemed extremely malicious or done hardly anything terrible outside of that. He's an incredible player and some of the things he does are hysterical. Watching him troll the gently caress out of XBL was hilarious, what with his optimized Dormammu teabagging combos and all

Kind of a bully too, with that whole Dios X thing.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
Today at 12PM PST Fanatiq and MegaManDS are running a special stream to help raise money for the Skullgirls breast cancer drive. From shoryuken

MegaManDS posted:

I convinced Fanatiq to do a donation drive TOMORROW (Monday) starting at 12pm until 9pm and I will be down there. We will be doing auctions/raffles/giveaways/signings/maybe special guests... etc

He will learn how to play, be doing commentary on previous matches and I will be showing him my (secret) tactics about the game. So, if you want to also tune in tomorrow and help with donating, please do. This will be on https://www.twitch.tv/mrfanatiq at 12pm PST

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef

Boobs is Fun! posted:

Kind of a bully too, with that whole Dios X thing.

Yeah - I don't think anyone has been painting him as "malicious" - he's just really immature and some of the things he says on stream make me feel embarrassed to be watching. It just kinda sucks when someone with such poor sportsmanship wins the biggest tournament of the year, since it inherently casts a shadow over the community. It's like here's our champ - his favorite words are "poop" and "pelican" in that order.

Anyhow it seems like he's been cleaning up his act somewhat and he's tried to explain on FGTV that he's largely cleared up most of the "feuds" from the past. It just makes me upset whenever he's interviewed and he blames all of his losses on his opponent's "random" play or playing so far below his level that he loses because he gives too much respect etc

I don't think anyone will argue that he isn't loving amazing at Marvel though.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Jmcrofts posted:

Today at 12PM PST Fanatiq and MegaManDS are running a special stream to help raise money for the Skullgirls breast cancer drive. From shoryuken

Wow I just saw the totals and Smash is now in the lead with 25,000. It's really gonna go down to the wire huh.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy

Super Rad posted:

It just makes me upset whenever he's interviewed and he blames all of his losses on his opponent's "random" play or playing so far below his level that he loses because he gives too much respect etc

Uh, why?

Boobs is Fun!
Jun 25, 2005

KaneBlueRiver
The Chilean Sensation
#1 Hulk/Haggar in the World
If you get randomed out then you still lost. You have at least 3 rounds x 3 characters to figure a dude out, if you can't do that then there's probably something to be said for being that random.

Also how many of his wins are random phoenix bullshit?

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef

Brosnan posted:

Uh, why?

Because the implication is that no one ever beats him fairly and that they only ever win by playing so far below his level that it takes him by surprise? It's an incredibly dickish attitude to have and I guess I prefer attitudes like those of Viscant and Infiltration where they are mainly critical of themselves are are the first to sing their opponents' praises.

apple
May 18, 2003

Jose in the club wearing orange suspenders

The Dark Wind posted:

Honestly it's hard to tell if his trash talk and "zaniness" is part of his shtick or if he really acts like he does normally. He's thrown matches for the sake of money before and he plainly admits it 8:00 minutes into this interview. To be fair this interview is like 2 years old now but it says a lot about him, and these were one of the first impressions people got from him having just won a major at the time. It's not just his supposed "persona" that people hate, people hate him because he says/does retarded poo poo on a regular basis, but he happens to be a great player so people put up with him I guess.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Super Rad posted:

Because the implication is that no one ever beats him fairly and that they only ever win by playing so far below his level that it takes him by surprise? It's an incredibly dickish attitude to have and I guess I prefer attitudes like those of Viscant and Infiltration where they are mainly critical of themselves are are the first to sing their opponents' praises.

Ryan is kind of a d-bag but it seems silly to actually be "upset" that there are flamboyant personalities out there who will pop off or get cocky/salty after matches. Love him or hate him, he's interesting to watch, and there are much worse things in the FGC.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Brosnan posted:

Love him or hate him, he's interesting to watch,

quote:

and there are much worse things in the FGC.

These are 2 of the biggest non-arguments ever and people said the same kind of stuff when they were defending Aris after he committed sexual assault on camera.

Champ is arguably the best Marvel player in the world right now and I love watching him wreck people, but he could still wreck people without being insufferably immature while doing it and there's nothing wrong with a part of the community that wants to put this behavior behind us calling him out for it and telling him to grow up.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
You're an idiot if you think his behavior and Aris's are comparable, sorry.

Chumppell
Nov 9, 2007

Brosnan posted:

You're an idiot if you think his behavior and Aris's are comparable, sorry.

It's a really bad point of comparison, but if the guy wants to take issue with Champ being a child outside of that really, really bad parallel, it makes sense. He's kind of unpleasant.

But no, he's not as reprehensible as Aris by a long shot.

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef

Brosnan posted:

Ryan is kind of a d-bag but it seems silly to actually be "upset" that there are flamboyant personalities out there who will pop off or get cocky/salty after matches. Love him or hate him, he's interesting to watch, and there are much worse things in the FGC.

Well I think you're reading too much into my use of the word "upset" - which I had picked specifically because of its mildness.

It's not like I clench my fists and grind my teeth with impotent e-rage whenever he acts out, it's more like I roll my eyes and do the :ughh: - I mean if he trashes someone who made it all the way to winner's finals, he's not only trashing that guy, but everyone he beat on the way to winner's finals, including (paradoxically enough) himself.

And I like trash talking too! As bad as all the interviews during SCR were, the ribbing between CJ Showstopper and Viscant was hilarious. But whenever someone hands Ryan a mic I flinch a bit, 'cause I know chances are nothing good is coming.

I agree though, the FGC has a bevy of attitude problems and Ryan's may seem mild in comparison to others, but that doesn't mean I'd give him a free pass to be a douche all the time.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
All I want from Mahvel is to see someone like Apologyman dumpster FChamp at every major.

Yes, he's good, but that doesn't mean I want to see him win.

ZerodotJander
Dec 29, 2004

Chinaman, explain!
Personally I think FChamp just acts like every typical jockish dude I've ever known. He's arrogant, but a lot of it is just refusing to be falsely modest - he's legitimately one of the best in the world. He acts out but mostly around people that are his friends, he's just more willing to do it on camera. Guys like that do things to their friends every day strangers would never forgive them for. You posture and act like a dick, but everybody know it's just posturing and you don't actually hate anyone or mean anybody harm.

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110

apple posted:

Honestly it's hard to tell if his trash talk and "zaniness" is part of his shtick or if he really acts like he does normally. He's thrown matches for the sake of money before and he plainly admits it 8:00 minutes into this interview. To be fair this interview is like 2 years old now but it says a lot about him, and these were one of the first impressions people got from him having just won a major at the time. It's not just his supposed "persona" that people hate, people hate him because he says/does retarded poo poo on a regular basis, but he happens to be a great player so people put up with him I guess.

I talked to him some at youmacon before I had much exposure to the scene (actually bought a stick from him that he won in a raffle) and was a decently nice guy. I was pretty surprised to hear about his reputation after that!

Super Rad posted:

It just makes me upset whenever he's interviewed and he blames all of his losses on his opponent's "random" play or playing so far below his level that he loses because he gives too much respect etc

Looks like someone (FChamp) needs to read up on Playing to Win.

Death Bot fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Jan 28, 2013

TenaciousJ
Dec 31, 2008

Clown move bro

dongsbot 9000 posted:

All I want from Mahvel is to see someone like Apologyman dumpster FChamp at every major.

Yes, he's good, but that doesn't mean I want to see him win.

That seems to happen whenever someone with a level of competence with Frank West gets near him.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House
Cross Counter is showing last night's Bar Fights show matches on http://www.twitch.tv/crosscountertv with Knives vs Dios X on right now. Steve and James Chen commentary. Justin vs Fanatiq is next I believe.

Arturo is streaming SFxT 2013 http://www.twitch.tv/nycfurby

apple
May 18, 2003

Jose in the club wearing orange suspenders

Death Bot posted:

I talked to him some at youmacon before I had much exposure to the scene (actually bought a stick from him that he won in a raffle) and was a decently nice guy. I was pretty surprised to hear about his reputation after that!

Looks like someone (FChamp) needs to read up on Playing to Win.

I think he's been trying to clean up his act because he wants to make himself more marketable and ultimately earn more money through sponsors and twitch.tv followers. It's definitely not a bad thing, but from my interactions with him, most of his actions are money oriented; it's just that before he embraced being a bonafide douchebag and his money source was from tournaments, money matching random people and raffling stuff.

Haha, piling up raffle winnings to sell them for cash is a classic move by Fchamp. Did he at least sell it to you for cheap? He used to raffle his raffle winnings so he could essentially re-sell a $150 MSRP stick for $200+, until people started getting sick of it and calling out the practice. I think he still does the "CPU tournaments" though.

Sorry if it just seems I'm whining about him/digging up dirt, but no, he's not "nice", not the first/second/third times I've met him. He will happily take your money though!

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

iPodschun posted:

Cross Counter is showing last night's Bar Fights show matches on http://www.twitch.tv/crosscountertv with Knives vs Dios X on right now. Steve and James Chen commentary. Justin vs Fanatiq is next I believe.

Is the Bar Fights one a restream, or was it not streamed live?

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

AnonSpore posted:

Is the Bar Fights one a restream, or was it not streamed live?
Restream. The venue they use doesn't have good internet, so they've just recorded the last two events and streamed it the next day.

edit: PR Rog is streaming SFxT 2013 too http://www.twitch.tv/pr_balrog
UltraDavid will be on soon talking about counterpicking in AE http://www.ultrachentv.com/live/

iPodschun fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Jan 29, 2013

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Brosnan posted:

Ryan is kind of a d-bag but it seems silly to actually be "upset" that there are flamboyant personalities out there who will pop off or get cocky/salty after matches.

He's arrogant and stupid as poo poo. People say stupid things when they lose but he went far enough to make personal insults against Dios-X over a video game, and gave half-assed apology for it. Dude's a manchild.

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

My tiny godly CoX shall burn forever!

iPodschun posted:

Video's gone. And I was midway through the Knives v Dios X set, too. :(

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

iPodschun posted:

Arturo, PR Rog, Chris G and Valle in the same lobby now.

e: and Wolfkrone

Double Bill fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Jan 29, 2013

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Relevant to FChamp discussion, for those not watching the FGTV stream, apparently tomorrow night there will be a money match on stream between Mike Ross and FChamp, first to 7 in each of SFxT, SF4, and MvC2. Will good or evil triumph?

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

My tiny godly CoX shall burn forever!
As much as I like watching FChamp lose, I do not think Mike "Mike Ross" Ross has what it takes. :smith:

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

chumbler posted:

Relevant to FChamp discussion, for those not watching the FGTV stream, apparently tomorrow night there will be a money match on stream between Mike Ross and FChamp, first to 7 in each of SFxT, SF4, and MvC2. Will good or evil triumph?

Evil, because as much as I love Mike, he is a fraud.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
It depends on how much FChamp has been hitting them Street Fighters. I actually don't know poo poo about those two in Marvel 2. Mike did decently in SFxT initially, and I've never seen FChamp play that game. It's gonna be hilarious regardless.

Human
Jun 9, 2004

REAL HUMAN. SAFE TO APPROACH.
Any word on when (or if) the Champ/Mike Ross money match is going down? Pretty excited to see that go down.

reversefungi
Nov 27, 2003

Master of the high hat!
Does Mike Ross really play that much Marvel? Never seen him in a Marvel tournament, all I've seen is of his play on Marvelous adventures which, while amusing, wasn't exactly incredible or anything. I feel like he's probably gonna get bodied super hard, which is a shame because I love Mike Ross (who doesn't?)

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House
Mike tweeted that he's going to the FGTV house tonight or tomorrow, which is when it will go down.

Speaking of Mike, he has a show with IPL now called Between Rounds. Combofiend is his guest for the first episode:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9RZR9K4FmA

edit:

The Dark Wind posted:

Does Mike Ross really play that much Marvel? Never seen him in a Marvel tournament, all I've seen is of his play on Marvelous adventures which, while amusing, wasn't exactly incredible or anything. I feel like he's probably gonna get bodied super hard, which is a shame because I love Mike Ross (who doesn't?)
They're playing in Marvel 2, which is the game that got Mike started in the FGC. Last time Mike was at FGTV he toyed around with Champ playing Cyclops/Iron Man/Akuma against Champ's MSP for a bit. Don't know if he switched to a real team later on.

iPodschun fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Jan 31, 2013

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
It's gonna be Marvel 2, not Marvel 3. Mike is gonna win that one.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
Eh champ's no slouch in mvc2, he might take that one too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
Umm, since when does ST have Comeback mechanics? Because it just came outta no where and is beating Smash at the last minute for the donation drive.