Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BabyJebus
Jan 19, 2006
Edit - position has been filled

BabyJebus fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Feb 20, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Houston Rockets
Apr 15, 2006

N/A

Houston Rockets fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Sep 4, 2013

legion989
Jan 18, 2013
Location: The company is in New York, but remote is not a problem and in fact preferred.
Languages: Objective-C, Java
Frameworks: MVC
Availability: Contract - Per Project Basis

Hi all,

I am part owner of a software company which specializes in creating mobile applications for libraries and school systems. We currently have apps made for libraries in Suffolk and Nassau Counties on Long Island NY, but are starting to expand outward into the rest of New York and the Tri-State area. We are planning on making a push this summer at large events for Schools and Libraries such as ALA Annual and ISTE. As such, we are expecting a steadily increasing amount of work to come in.

We are currently looking for a developer to fill the following role:

Android/iOS Developer
-Build and code Apple iOS Applications for deployment on iPhone, iTouch, and iPad based on technical specifications from client.
-Build Android Applications for deployment on Google Play, Amazon App Store, and Nook App Store based on technical specifications from client.
-Hook up custom UI files to code, familiar with MVC.
-Make use of web services, more specifically REST services that provide user authentication, list creation, events registration, etc.
-Familiar with simple View animations.
-Testing applications on actual devices or emulators, including iPad/iPhone/iTouch, Kindle Fire, Nook Tablet & Google phones to ensure visual and functional quality.
-Able to meet at least twice a week for project updates.

Skills/Knowledge desired include:
XCode 4
Eclipse IDE (Android SDK & AVD Manager)
Objective-C
Java (for Android)
JSON/XML Knowledge
REST
Familiarity with MarkLogic is a plus
Familiarity with ZBar SDK, SDWebImage SDK, and CocoaTouchBarcodes SDK is a plus.
Familiarity with the 3M SIP2 protocol for direct ILS integration is also a major plus!

Most UI design and layout will be handled by myself and one of our designers. The developer would only need to hook up the UI to the underlying functions he/she has coded. Please note that a majority of code is already built, but the developer will need to clone and adjust it for the specific clients needs (different server IPs, etc). We will provide any and all documentation or training for custom API's we use to interface with our databases or library management systems (Innovative Interfaces, SirsiDynix, Polaris, etc)

If you are familiar with porting existing Android/iOS Apps over to Windows 8/Metro, its an added bonus and can involve additional contract work. If interested, please PM me for additional details, or email me at dynalib@gmail.com

Thanks!

legion989 fucked around with this message at 11:54 on Jan 18, 2013

tirinal
Feb 5, 2007
Developer Wanted

So, I was just put in charge of designing a new website for our company, which is a smallish law firm based abroad. I have little technical background in web development and am trying to outsource as much of it as humanly possible. The criteria is professionalism, availability (must be completed by the end of February) and compatibility across a range of browsers and mobile devices. This would be a short-term remote contract.

I apologize for the lack of specifics. For the moment I'm simply seeing who is available, but this isn't anything incredibly complex. Think generic boring law website (HTML/CSS/Javascript) that's designed to be easily maintained and updated with the odd article.

If you're interested, you can send a resume or portfolio to modalsaliency@gmail.com.

tirinal fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Jan 21, 2013

raej
Sep 25, 2003

"Being drunk is the worst feeling of all. Except for all those other feelings."
Developer Wanted
Ruby on Rails development

Must have a knowledge and passion for Craft Beer.

The job is polishing up a startup web application for release, and maintenance thereafter if work is satisfactory. Shouldn't be more than 20-50 hours to finish up the site after initial conversation on the idea of the web app and goal.

If interested, PM me, or email me @ prognar@gmail.com

nullfox
Aug 19, 2008
Languages: PHP, HTML, CSS, SQL, Objective-C, Ruby (Learning), NodeJS (Learning)
Frameworks: Zend Framework, CakePHP, Sinatra, Grape, jQuery
Things you like to do: Web applications, iPhone Apps, Background Processing
Availability: Part time, moonlighting, contract

smada
Jan 3, 2007
Developer Wanted

Looking for a skilled developer to produce an extensive data scraping application. Job is to output report spreadsheets based on input. Programming language doesn't matter but initial project was produced in Python and I can provide the scripts already written.

Must:

-Aquire dataset based on input values (state, county, report type)
-Have script login to required sites to return initial dataset.
-Use initial dataset to look up additional data from other sites.
-Produce output spreadsheet

This will require knowledge of network programming, sockets, datasets (CRUD), SSL logins, microsoft excel.

When hired, candidate will be first choice on all future jobs for this project. This includes adding a GUI interface as well as extending original functionality.

The workflow is here:

Initialize => User Input (Select state to run report for) => Select Counties to run (individual/all/select amount) => Tax Deeds or Foreclosures / Both => Search options (sale date, add date, etc.) => output
Output will produce a spreadsheet and display differently according to the type of report ran. The report should have a datetime that it was ran and compare it when running the same report again. E.g., all new results will be highlighted green on spreadsheet, deleted entries will be in red, changed entries will be in yellow. Needs to link to google earth on some field as well as zilllow and the property appraiser site that retrieved the information. Include parsing PDFs to determine lein / judgements and possibly finding addresses etc.

I will provide you with sample outputs and sample inputs as well as list of all available input types and output types.

I have researched all aspects of this project extensively and can provide you with a lot of details. I have a list of all the counties, site to retrieve initial dataset from, and sites to cross reference for additional data.

I initially started this project by myself, but at this point it's too much to manage and my employer wants me to do other things. We are a small business based out of Jacksonville, Florida. Please contact me via email at adam.struthers at woodlandcapital dot org.

This is an immediate opening and would like to get finished as soon as possible.

smada fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Feb 22, 2013

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I work full time now (have been working in the industry for almost a year now) and am looking for something a little bigger & better.

Location: Central Rhode Island, willing to relocate (very interested in CA and MA)
Languages: C#, SQL, PHP, Java
Frameworks: .NET
Things you like to do: I'm comfortable with windows forms, but I really like web development. Mobile dev also interests me. I'm also a huge gamer, for what it's worth.
Availability: Full time

Sab669 fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Feb 22, 2013

jmzero
Jul 24, 2007

We're looking to fill a junior programmer position in Edmonton, Alberta (Canada).

It's an entry-level position doing .NET development mixed in with some maintenance, design, DB work, and everything else. The manager for the position is a good dude, and it's a good job in a stable company with opportunity for advancement. Drop me a PM if you're interested.

I'm also looking for a strong programmer for my team. If you fit that bill (and want a job in Edmonton), give me a shout.

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009
Languages: IOS/Android

I have a friend looking to hire someone for a project for an App on IOS/Android. They haven't given many details to me directly, probably keeping their cards hidden until they hire a programmer. He says it's not huge, but pretty straight forward. There is a set price for this, looking to have it done in twoish weeks. If you're interested, send me an email or PM me with any project examples I can give them that you've done.

Tony Jabroni
May 27, 2008
Developer wanted

Languages: Any that works / Windows

I put an ad in SA-Mart for a developer, but I'm hoping to get better exposure here. I want someone to create schematics for a box that can accept a multitude of electrical connectors, and make a program that will check the continuity between the connectors or between a connector and a probe on the box.

Please click the SA mart thread for some more specifics. Thanks and I am flexible on the pricing of this project but would like to get it done soon.

Tony Jabroni fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Mar 3, 2013

diadem
Sep 20, 2003
eet bugz
Developers Wanted (cross-post from sa-mart)

Many of you know me from the various game sites I host (aside from ConnectiCon). What you may not know is that most of our funding comes from either my pockets or the game Alteil. Alteil is in dire need of modernizing and I'm looking for people to help me make that happen. I want the game to look like this by June.

We will provide all relevant licenses for this project.

Here's the job posting:

Alteil is an online multiplayer card game. We are looking to move to the game to next level using a Unity 3d frontend and a .NET stack backend using the agile methodology via Telerik Teampulse and source controlled by github.

We are looking for additional top-level developers to help us with Unity 3d and C# work.

This contract is not for the main project but a pre-screening. Since this pre-screening is an actual contract that will take 20 hours, you will be paid for your time. The pre-screening consists of working with and developing .NET apis while communicating with a frontend Unity 3d client while participating in code reviews.

As part of your application, please answer the following question:
You are shown a set of four cards placed on a table, each of which has a number on one side and a colored patch on the other side. The visible faces of the cards show 6, 7, red and blue. Which card(s) must you turn over in order to test the truth of the proposition that if a card shows an even number on one face, then its opposite face is red?

https://www.odesk.com/jobs/~017c36d4716f35f021

edit: It's a remote work environment where you are only expected to show up for SCRUM meetings, communicate with the scrum master, and deliver your work on the two week sprint deadline. If you want a physical place to work we do have an office in One Marina Park Drive, Boston MA. The office has a panoramic view of the ocean/logan airport and the city on the 14th floor.

edit: Here is a link to my other ODesk account

Current ODesk account (for consilidation):
Rating (5.00) 1 reviews
Total Spent: $8,614
Hours Billed: 313
Jobs Posted: 11
Paid Contracts: 6
Open Jobs: 2
Active Contracts: 5

Old ODesk account:
Rating(5.00) 5 reviews
Total Spent: Over $10,000
Hours Billed: 431
Jobs Posted: 12
Paid Contracts: 8
Open Jobs: 0
Active Contracts: 1

diadem fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Mar 3, 2013

Feral Bueller
Apr 23, 2004

Fun is important.
Nap Ghost
I'm looking for an HTML5 person who is interested in creating a series of html templates for a mobile app discovery site.

PM me with relevant contact information/portfolio/LI account and we'll go from there.

Spades
Sep 18, 2011

Houston Rockets posted:

A friend of mine is looking for someone to spend 10-15 hours a month maintaining their site. If I knew PHP/Yii I would do it. If you are a competent developer looking for some extra cash on the side this would be a great contract for you. PM me for additional details.

Developer Wanted

Duties include:
- Develop minor modifications or enhancements for site
- Troubleshoot bugs
- Improve upon current SEO
- General contact availability should be 12:00pm - 7:00pm CST

Skills desired include:
PHP/Yii * MySQL * SEO

I haven't gotten around to upgrading this account to Platinum yet, but are you still looking for somebody to handle this?

kuf
May 12, 2007
aaaaaa
Location: Anywhere is fine, but Bay Area, Seattle, NYC, and remote are preferred. Outside of the US might be very appealing if relocation is covered.
Languages: I've done at least two significant projects in each of Python, Java, C, Objective-C, C++, C#, Bash.
Frameworks: Django, iOS, Android
Things you like to do: Big data related problems. Web services. Scripting (systems type work). I tend to like more back end problems than front end in general.
Availability: I might be able to do part time work April-June. I'll be available for full time work this summer. I'm graduating in June, so internships would be fine too.

kuf fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Mar 8, 2013

slush
Jun 23, 2006
Thank you for calling....
Looking for a Junior Developer position. In the last semester of my degree. Abound 9 months of paid development experience in a C# shop.

Location: St. John's, NL, Canada (Willing to relocate to almost anywhere in Canada!)
Languages: C#, Java, PHP, JavaScript.
Frameworks: ASP.NET MVC, ASP.NET Web Forms, jQuery, Some ZF2
Things you like to do: Web Applications, CRM, E-Commerce
Availability: Full time from May onwards

Gozinbulx
Feb 19, 2004
Looking for someone to do some work with Java for a web-based applet using this:

http://gong.ust.hk/nanogong/index.html

and a few other features.

Email at servo386 at google email dot you know the rest.

Gary the Llama
Mar 16, 2007
SHIGERU MIYAMOTO IS MY ILLEGITIMATE FATHER!!!
Developer Wanted

We're looking to add a great web developer to our team as we continue building our industry award winning CMS software. Professional work experience is great but we're more than happy to look at recent college grads or self-taught candidates with a great portfolio to show off.

Required Skills

- Familiar with one or more of the following languages: PHP, JavaScript, SQL, C#
- Familiar with one or more of the following frameworks and technologies: CodeIgniter (or a similar MVC framework), jQuery, Bootstrap, HTML/CSS
- Familiar with a source control package (preferably Git since that's what we use) and best practices.
- Building web applications that work across platform and browser.
- Knowledge and experience with object-oriented principles, refactoring, and all elements of the software development life cycle (design, develop, test, maintain).
- Comfortable picking up new technologies as needed. We like using whatever technology or tool best solves the problem at hand.
- A love of learning and sharing knowledge.
- Front-end web design skills a plus.
- LAMP/WAMP stack knowledge a plus.
- Amazon web services knowledge a plus.

If you're interested send me an e-mail with a resume or portfolio to garythellama@gmail.com.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I'm primarily I desktop software guy but I much prefer web dev and want to get better at it... Shot you an email. I also have PMs here if that's easier than email for you.

epswing
Nov 4, 2003

Soiled Meat
Developer Wanted

We're looking for C# and/or C++ developers, especially if you're familiar with (alert, incoming buzzwordz!) LINQ, WPF, WCF, MSMQ.

Our software products involve industrial plant automation (eg. opening and closing material gates, controlling conveyor belts, monitoring material flow, reading weigh scales and pulse meters, all in real time) and product dispatch (eg. dispatching orders to production plants, monitoring fleets of delivery trucks via GPS, load-balancing and optimizing workload across multiple production locations).

We're a Microsoft shop, we use the latest software tools and technologies (Visual Studio, SQL Server, Message Queuing, LINQPad) and organizational tools (distributed version control, issue tracking, internal wiki), and our core competency is C# and C++, so you can expect to be writing in one (or eventually both!) of these languages.

Fire me an email for more details!

NovemberMike
Dec 28, 2008

Welp, looks like the company is doing some restructuring and all the contractors may or may not have a job in a few months. Got the go ahead from my boss to jump ship if I can.

Location: Saint Louis, Mo. Not really tied down here, I can move pretty much anywhere in the US on my dime if I need to.
Languages: C, C++, Java, PHP, MySQL, Javascript, Python.
Things I do: Last job was web development, but generally more on the backend side of things. I'm comfortable with web dev or applications or whatever.
Experience: 1 year out of school and I have BS in Computer Engineering
Availability: I'd like to give 2 weeks as a courtesy to my employer. I'm looking for full time employment.

skeet decorator
Jun 19, 2005

442 grams of robot
Job Seeker

Languages: Python, PHP, Javascript, HTML, CSS
Frameworks: CodeIgniter, Django, Flask, jQuery
Things you like to do: Web applications, machine learning, statistics, anything mathy.
Experience: About 5 years experience doing freelance work. Extensive experience working with the Facebook API. I have a lot of experience with the AWS platform and have deployed a lot of high traffic websites on AWS infrastructure. I also have experience with "Big Data", and machine learning.
Availability: Freelance or Fulltime

Bhaal
Jul 13, 2001
I ain't going down alone
Dr. Infant, MD

Gary the Llama posted:

Developer Wanted

My wife and I live in the east valley, she may be on the verge of jumping ship from her current employer and the description you listed would be right up her alley. I can't fully speak for her but know that the commute would be a nonstarter if it was an everyday thing, would you folks be open to some split of telecommuting and regular visits for meetings and so on? If that's an option I'll definitely get her in touch with you.

Stoph
Mar 19, 2006

Give a hug - save a life.

Bhaal posted:

My wife and I live in the east valley, she may be on the verge of jumping ship from her current employer and the description you listed would be right up her alley. I can't fully speak for her but know that the commute would be a nonstarter if it was an everyday thing, would you folks be open to some split of telecommuting and regular visits for meetings and so on? If that's an option I'll definitely get her in touch with you.

Not to steal Gary the Llama's thunder but my employer is hiring Web Application Developers on Mill in Tempe: http://www.synapsestudios.com/jobs/

Perhaps it would be a good fit. Feel free to send me a forum message personally if she may be interested.

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

I have an idea for an Iphone/Android Twitter app with some novel features I've been working on and some personal financing I'd like to discuss with someone. If you're willing to speak with me and preferably have experience with Twitter and app programming please PM me or email at joshmiller0802@gmail.com.

Fastbreak
Jul 4, 2002
Don't worry, I had ten bucks.

skeet decorator posted:

Job Seeker

Languages: Python, PHP, Javascript, HTML, CSS
Frameworks: CodeIgniter, Django, Flask, jQuery
Things you like to do: Web applications, machine learning, statistics, anything mathy.
Experience: About 5 years experience doing freelance work. Extensive experience working with the Facebook API. I have a lot of experience with the AWS platform and have deployed a lot of high traffic websites on AWS infrastructure. I also have experience with "Big Data", and machine learning.
Availability: Freelance or Fulltime

Email sent, might work out between us.

But for other who might be interested, here is the opening we have for a senior developer in an advertising agency in Atlanta:

Developer Wanted

We are looking for someone to join us in an open, creative environment; we see walls and cubicles as stifling and confining, and as such we appreciate (and take advantage of) the collaborative work environment at the agency. Designers, PMs, QA, management, etc all sit next to each other, so don't expect to be locked away in a cave with other developers. We expect (and demand) communication between departments. You will work with a wide range of clients, on a wide range of projects, using a wide range of platforms. Though we need someone with experience with PHP, wordpress, and native mobile development, we still approach technology as a toolbox: you use the right tool for the job. There is always beer in the fridge, no dress code, and vendors coming by to spoil us with swag. In turn, we sometimes work crazy hours, and on the flipside we sometimes have lulls that give us the freedom to work on any innovation projects that catch our eye. We even have 2 or 3 google glasses coming into the office shortly to figure out how we can use them in client projects. We are very socially focused so experience working with social platforms APIs is also a huge plus.

So if this sounds like something you would enjoy, shoot me a PM or post here. Relocation is available.

shrughes
Oct 11, 2008

(call/cc call/cc)
Yes, I'd love to work long hours in a distraction-filled environment. Send me a PM.

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.

quote:

In turn, we sometimes work crazy hours, and on the flipside we sometimes have lulls that give us the freedom to work on any innovation projects that catch our eye.
I like how the 'flipside' to working crazy hours is working normal hours.

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA
May 29, 2008

Cicero posted:

You sometimes get the free crap that vendors bring you!

Fastbreak
Jul 4, 2002
Don't worry, I had ten bucks.

Cicero posted:

It seems my wording was poor with the "crazy hours" line, our average hours per week for a dev right now is around 44.75 last I checked. We do work sometimes work with clients who need a fast turn around, or work in other time zones, so there are times when work longer than normal or off hours, but no one is checking on when you show up or leave. I do want to say, respectfully, that if a company giving you time and resources (the last innovation project was an idea by a dev, with a budget of $300 all paid for by the company) to build whatever you find fun counts as "working normal hours" for you, then we are just on different pages and we won't be a good fit for each other. I apologize if it came off as me trying to sugar coat a sweat shop, I have worked at those dev shops with 80 hour work weeks, but it is overall a fun and relaxed environment in my opinion, and we work very hard on employee morale.

Again, I apologize for my poor word choice. Next time I will remember to just post the the write up from the job board; I am certainly no copywriter. I know I a bit biased, but I think this really is a great place to be.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
Job Seeker
About to graduate college with a general engineering degree.
Experience in C/C++, embedded systems, robotics, a bit of python and ML.
What I like to do - robotics, machine learning, embedded optimization
Availability: Fulltime.
Contact phobeste@gmail.com

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
Developer Wanted

Location: Bothell, WA -- about twenty minutes northeast of Seattle.
Languages: The LAMP stack -- Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP.
Contact: Drop a mail to my username at pleh dot net and I'll get you the full job description and application instructions. Have a PDF copy of your resume available, but do not mail it to me.

What you'll be doing: Maintenance on our home-grown ERP/CRM/CMS, 50% of which is actually extracting requirements from people. People skills and organizational skills are just as important as coding skills. You don't have to have a great deal of experience with PHP itself if you've worked in comperable scripting languages.

It's mostly back-end work, with a bit of front-end. No design skills needed. The codebase is very "legacy" but improving that is a priority.

You'll be the junior of a two member dev team. The senior member has some offbeat development ideologies, but is a skilled developer. You'll be working with him, me (sysadmin & sometimes dev) and our awesome pop-culture fountain of a helpdesk tech. Our boss is the best damned manager I've ever worked for, with amazing people skills and some of the worst puns that have ever been created.

NZAmoeba
Feb 14, 2005

It turns out it's MAN!
Hair Elf
My company is looking for a ton of developers all over the world, so I may as well give them a hand and post here

Developers Wanted

Where: San Fran for USA Goons, but we're also hiring devs in Australia and New Zealand.

Who are we?

Xero is a New Zealand company with global ambitions, we develop cloud based small business accounting software that our customers rave and get excited about. Yes, excited about accounting software, it's that good. Unlike companies you're familiar with such as Intuit, we have no debt to traditional installed software, our product has been built from the ground up to be online. We also involved designers from day 1, which is why our software is also beautiful, and a big part of why our customers love us.

We've been around for ~6 years now, past the shakey start-up phase, and are now in "take over the world" mode. We have a big investment war chest courtesy of investors such as Peter Thiel (paypal/facebook), offices in NZ, Aus, USA, and the UK, and a customer base that's doubling every year (currently ~150k paying orgs).

What we're looking for:
We need developers to build out our product features even further. As well as doubling our customers constantly, we're also doubling our staff numbers at the same rate. Right now the devs we're looking for in San Fran will be working on what will be our integrated payroll product for the USA. This includes, Front end, senior, and mid-level roles (min 3 yrs).

Knowledge of C#, ASP.Net MVC, NHibernate and SQL Server
Skill with CSS, XHTML, one or more JavaScript frameworks, and AJAX.
Knowledge of Agile development methodologies

Please check out our careers page at http://www.xero.com/about/careers/ and see if anything strikes your fancy. Please apply via the careers page, but if you do, please PM me your name and what role you went for (alternately email me at my username @hotmail.com) as there's a pretty generous referral bonus.

However what you really want to do is arrange a holiday down in New Zealand, and stop by for an interview while you're doing it. Immigrating with a job offer in hand makes things a lot easier, and then you get to live in our socialist paradise.

Super late edit: Another reason to come to NZ is that gay marriage is now fully legal by act of (a 'conservative') parliament. You would not be the only gay american refugees to work in our Wellington office.

Also coming soon: Operations roles in Atlanta.

NZAmoeba fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Apr 17, 2013

bobthecheese
Jun 7, 2006
Although I've never met Martha Stewart, I'll probably never birth her child.

NZAmoeba posted:

Xero is a New Zealand company with global ambitions.

I almost went with Xero for my accounting software, but ended up going with saasu, due to "number of transactions" and the like - I'm a sole developer, but I send a lot of invoices, and didn't want to pay an extra $300-$400/year (over what I pay with saasu) to be able to send more than 5 invoices a month. Your plans need some adjusting.

That being said, it looks like you guys make some good software, and there are features that I would have liked to have had (multi-currency in a sane way would be great, but I'm not paying $64/month just for access to it). I'm a php/python/javascript freelance web dev (based in Australia). I've got some C# under my belt, but probably not enough to consider calling myself a C# dev...

bobthecheese fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Apr 18, 2013

NZAmoeba
Feb 14, 2005

It turns out it's MAN!
Hair Elf

bobthecheese posted:

I almost went with Xero for my accounting software, but ended up going with saasu, due to "number of transactions" and the like - I'm a sole developer, but I send a lot of invoices, and didn't want to pay an extra $300-$400/year (over what I pay with saasu) to be able to send more than 5 invoices a month. Your plans need some adjusting.

That being said, it looks like you guys make some good software, and there are features that I would have liked to have had (multi-currency in a sane way would be great, but I'm not paying $64/month just for access to it). I'm a php/python/javascript freelance web dev (based in Australia). I've got some C# under my belt, but probably not enough to consider calling myself a C# dev...

I wouldn't let that hold you back too much, typically our Wellington dev job ads have said something along the lines of "Knowing a broad base of languages as a well rounded developer is looked fondly upon, but primary development is in C#" And we've hired people who have taken a little bit of time to find their way around C#.

Our office in Melbourne is newly fitted out and quite nice I hear: http://www.xero.com/about/careers/job/1249496

As for the pricing stuff, it's not the first time I've heard that complaint, but we're not going for being the cheapest product, we want to be the best product. There's a free trial if you want to give it a spin yourself to see what the difference is.

bobthecheese
Jun 7, 2006
Although I've never met Martha Stewart, I'll probably never birth her child.

NZAmoeba posted:

I wouldn't let that hold you back too much, typically our Wellington dev job ads have said something along the lines of "Knowing a broad base of languages as a well rounded developer is looked fondly upon, but primary development is in C#" And we've hired people who have taken a little bit of time to find their way around C#.

Our office in Melbourne is newly fitted out and quite nice I hear: http://www.xero.com/about/careers/job/1249496

As for the pricing stuff, it's not the first time I've heard that complaint, but we're not going for being the cheapest product, we want to be the best product. There's a free trial if you want to give it a spin yourself to see what the difference is.

I'll check it out, and might throw something in.

I get the "go for being the best, not the cheapest", but your cheapest option is next thing to useless for me, then there's a massive jump in functionality and price to get to something that IS useful. 20 invoices/month, and the option to add multiple currencies as a paid extra would get me on xero, but as it is, I can get by for $20/month on Saasu, and just deal with the multiple currencies by having different invoice templates. I'm sure it's not something you could do about yourself, but I've always thought that the best way to do different packages is to allow someone to get the basic package and purchase extras as needed, OR buy a larger package as a "bundle" to get the features included for a cheaper price than getting basic and enabling everything. That may be just me, though. As it is, you're essentially saying that only large businesses with 100s of staff on the payroll have a reason to use multiple currencies (I'm a sole trader with clients in multiple countries, and my situation isn't particularly uncommon).

Anyway, I'll see what you have on the careers page, and I may send my resume in (I'll PM you if I do), but forgive a man his rants about pricing.

bobua
Mar 23, 2003
I'd trade it all for just a little more.

Anyone here experienced with making your own QR code reader? I know there are libraries, but I'm looking for someone who has rolled their own, even if just for fun.

Candycanes
Apr 7, 2007
Looking to relocate to London - so looking for something new. Finished my masters 3 years ago, 2 working in QA and one as a dev.

Location: Currently Dublin, seeking work in north/central/west London
Languages: Python, PHP, Javascript, Java, C++, Matlab, R
Frameworks: Used Dojo in my current job
Things you like to do: Ideal job would be something quite mathsy, preferably developing in Python on Linux - but I'll give just about anything a go.
Availability: Full time/permanent roles preferably

theirSkills
Sep 11, 2009
Job Seeker: Front-End Developer/Web Designer

Skills: HTML5, CSS3, PHP, JavaScript, AJAX, Adobe Creative Suite, Autodesk 3DS Max, Processing
Frameworks: Wordpress, Foundation 4.0, Drupal, jQuery
Things you like to do: Web design and front-end development.
Experience: Two years
Availability: Fulltime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

epswing
Nov 4, 2003

Soiled Meat

epalm posted:

Developer Wanted

Here's the SO job posting associated to my post above! http://careers.stackoverflow.com/jobs/28059

• Locked thread