Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Kacho of My own little gaming world

rdbbb posted:

Not really. It's how this stuff is sold. Fuji sold a real GCCX-embroidered one a while ago that included pants but that was pretty limited.

how exactly would I get it sent to the US through the site you posted?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

bpc908 posted:

how exactly would I get it sent to the US through the site you posted?

Like I said, your best bet is with a proxy buyer service. There's a bunch of different ones -- the one I used closed down, but I found another forum talking about them. Yeah, it's complicated and not at all cheap, but it's the tradeoff for the convenience, I guess. That or start asking around for a kind soul living in Japan to do it for you.

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga
Is the special episode of Pilotwings any different from the that is up in the 12th season? If I remember correctly he completed the game but not on hard mode?

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Mr Cynicism posted:

Is the special episode of Pilotwings any different from the that is up in the 12th season? If I remember correctly he completed the game but not on hard mode?

There's three Pilotwings challenges. The episode from season twelve, the special which was Arino's 40th Birthday live challenge and we just translated segments from it instead of him crashing the small plane for eight hours straight. The third was a stage show like Mighty Bomb Jack and it has not been translated yet.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.

zari-gani posted:

I should mention that I'm on board the Retro Game Challenge 2 translation team now.

With the coder back on board but only two translators left on the team, how long do you think it'll take?

Ganty
Jan 8, 2005
Because we want to! Because we want to!

Comrade Fakename posted:

What's the story of Arino's uniform anyway? It seems to be a generic worker getup that a lot of men in Japan wear, but I can't really tell what type of job they have in common. I remember seeing the PM wearing one in a press conference around the tsunami, so I suspected that it was a bit of an affectation to show he was "getting on with the job" or something. It seems like maybe it's for engineers but the shirt and tie seem a bit formal for that.

It's just a generic work type suit. Some of the guys (Kacho included) in my town office wear them all the time. Sometimes he helps do stuff like climb ladders and carry stuff but yeah.

I want one.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

So I was looking around for some videos they put on the mobile site and I found this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-ttyDNJ-qU

I'm not really sure what to make of it...

finalcake
Oct 5, 2002

CHESTO~!!

Random Stranger posted:

So I was looking around for some videos they put on the mobile site and I found this video:

Think of this as "Game Center CX for Dummies" in animation form, hence the guy with the orange head explaining to the old lady what GCCX is.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

Random Stranger posted:

I figured someone would want it, so...

I had to crop out his name because otherwise it was eeeever so slightly over the height limit, and the 'pon koron' overlapped another character so I took that out too.

And while I'm at it, the various AD screens:

(Who's mister 'forever alone' in the lower left?)

(This is Inoue, right? Talking about him 'leveling up' to director?)

(Ah, treating Watanabe as classy as ever.)

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
I'm just wondering why it looks like they drew Abe as Dexter. Abe may be a Badass Dude, but some kind of psychotic butcher? Might be taking it a bit too far.

Bart Fargo
Mar 24, 2005

Il Raggio Infernale

Tewratomeh posted:

I'm just wondering why it looks like they drew Abe as Dexter. Abe may be a Badass Dude, but some kind of psychotic butcher? Might be taking it a bit too far.

He is also a master chef. Showing up unannounced to make you a fabulous meal before drinking all of your beer.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Tewratomeh posted:

He also cooks. That is the apron he designed

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

FredMSloniker posted:

(Who's mister 'forever alone' in the lower left?)

I don't know Japanese, but judging from how small he is and the hair, I'm guessing that's AD Yamada, the AD who helped Arino in Takeshi's Challenge and was never mentioned again.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
That text is tiny, but I can make out "Takeshi's Challenge" and "Yamada-san", so I'm sure you're right.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*

BiggerJ posted:

With the coder back on board but only two translators left on the team, how long do you think it'll take?

I have absolutely no clue v:v:v Pretty sure coding will take longer than translating.

FredMSloniker posted:

Don't forget Tsuruoka at the very end.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Does what Arino always does, gets branded Worst AD Ever.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Justin_Brett posted:

Does what Arino always does, gets branded Worst AD Ever.

Maybe Arino would be the Worst Chief if there were anybody to compete with. :v:

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Tewratomeh posted:

Maybe Arino would be the Worst Chief if there were anybody to compete with. :v:

Well Arino sort of is the worst chief, he did lose all the crews money gambling in South Korea

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.

bpc908 posted:

Well Arino sort of is the worst chief, he did lose all the crews money gambling in South Korea
I was really hoping at least one of them to go:
"Because YOUUUUUUUUUU have a gambling problem! :argh:"

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
Got my copy of the DVDs today. I was planning to rip the episodes from the DVDs and splice in the non-challenge segments where applicable, but I failed to account for the editing of the episodes (from their original DVD releases, I know) making it impossible to do that and have it resemble an original episode. :(

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

I must have gone mad. I'm doing three two-parters in a row.
ETA: Scratch that, it'll be two two-parters, a one-parter, then another two-parter.

zari-gani fucked around with this message at 11:39 on Jan 30, 2013

Simon The Digger
Dec 23, 2010

Some Kind of Magical Idiot

zari-gani posted:

ETA: Scratch that, it'll be two two-parters, a one-parter, then another two-parter.

Should we be battening down the hatches for another deluge, or are these episodes just going to kind of come out whenever they're ready and not necessarily in quick succession?

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

zari-gani posted:

I know everyone has been on the edge of their seat waiting for Captain Tsubasa...

Simon The Digger posted:

Should we be battening down the hatches for another deluge, or are these episodes just going to kind of come out whenever they're ready and not necessarily in quick succession?

At the moment, it looks like things won't be able to get put out in a huge clump; the scheduling just isn't going to work out.

joek0
Oct 13, 2011

zari-gani posted:

There are a lot of great 2 part episodes that I am waiting to see subbed. I hope they get done soon. I hope Mendel Palace and Super Gussun Oyoyo get subbed soon so all of the first 102 episodes have been subbed.

Thanks for all the hard work.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Random Stranger posted:

I know everyone has been on the edge of their seat waiting for Captain Tsubasa...

:getin:

This is excellent news.

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

jyrque posted:

:getin:

This is excellent news.
Wait what is? What's Captain Tsubasa? >>

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

Random Stranger posted:

You mean TECMO CUP SOCCER GAME?!

Yeaaah I won't be doing that just yet. But one of them is Yoshi's Island to continue our trend of releasing high-demand challenges right away! The other two are popular titles too.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

zari-gani posted:

Yeaaah I won't be doing that just yet. But one of them is Yoshi's Island to continue our trend of releasing high-demand challenges right away! The other two are popular titles too.

If Dynamite Headdy isn't one of these, I will shed a single tear.

joek0
Oct 13, 2011

zari-gani posted:

Please translate Megaman 4! It would be nice to have all the regular Megaman episodes subbed. This would make me more pumped up for the expected Megaman 5 episode sometime later in 2013.

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

Wow you're part of this too Joek0? And here I thought you were just some guy uploading the raw versions on Youtube, cool!

zari-gani posted:

YES PLEASE YOSHI'S ISLAND!

...also Dynamite Headdy would be fun, hopefully!

joek0
Oct 13, 2011

FinalGamer posted:

Wow you're part of this too Joek0? And here I thought you were just some guy uploading the raw versions on Youtube, cool!

I upload the raws on YT because people on the SA Forums have asked for a place to watch them. Are there any raws from season 1, 13, 14, or 15 that you would like uploaded on my channel. I would love to put missing episodes up on YT, but YT and mt Internet connection are being finicky when doing uploads. I have all the raws from seasons 1-15. I have all of the raws from season 16 except for Yoshi's Island Part 2 on my channel already. I also have some of the raws from VC specials and the live challenges. Ask and I will see if I have the video. When I mention season 1 raws, I mean the full raw which includes the interviews and the challenge. The current subs for most of season 1 are challenges only subbed.

Also, Captain Tsubasa raw episode is on my YT channel.

YT GCCX Raws Playlist:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL085808F22D35F9A4&feature=view_all

joek0 fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Jan 30, 2013

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.

joek0 posted:

Please translate Megaman 4! It would be nice to have all the regular Megaman episodes subbed. This would make me more pumped up for the expected Megaman 5 episode sometime later in 2013.

I will support you on this one, joek0, you crazy diamond. Rockman 4 is the one I'm holding out for.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

I, for one, am actually looking forward to the Captain Tsubasa episode being translated, but at the same time I can understand that there are other games that will be much bigger draws (Yoshi's Island, for example).

joek0
Oct 13, 2011

Caitlin posted:

I will support you on this one, joek0, you crazy diamond. Rockman 4 is the one I'm holding out for.

I am glad that I am not the only one wanting to see Rockman 4 subbed. The raw for a HD Megaman 4 episode from the DVDs is on my YT playlist. Megaman 9 VC would be nice to see to(also on my YT playlist.

joek0 fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Jan 30, 2013

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Jake Hunter was a 2 parter, right?

joek0
Oct 13, 2011

Mister Chief posted:

Jake Hunter was a 2 parter, right?

That was a 1 part episode (#134).

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

I would love to see the rest of the Nintendo Channel Episodes get posted

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

bpc908 posted:

I would love to see the rest of the Nintendo Channel Episodes get posted

Our newest translator is working on those, I think.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

http://news.ameba.jp/20130130-324/

Translation:

Yoiko Arino's mysterious surge of foreign followers, 35% American

Shinya Arino (age 40) of the comedy duo Yoiko revealed on his Twitter he's recently received many foreign followers.

On the 26th, Arino tweeted "What the?? Lots of foreigners are talking to me!" Due to the sudden increase in foreign followers, he looked up their countries using a tool linked to him by another user. The result was "1. Japan 48.30%, 2. America 34.50%, 3. Canada 3.40%, 4. Macau 3.40%, Malaysia 3.40%, Russia 3.40%, England 3.40%." Regarding the missing 0.2% he remarked "Aliens??" Arino reacted to this result with "Less than half are Japanese... even though I only write in Japanese. I'm grateful."

Responding to a foreigner pining for English tweets from Arino, he wrote "Thank you. But difficult!" in katakana. However, a kind follower translated the katakana to English, to which he graciously replied "When I responded to a foreign tweet in katakana, someone translated it to English! Traveling abroad would be more fun if there were more kind people like this." Japanese users replied "We can help!"

Arino is enjoying his exchange with foreign followers, but he still doesn't know why there's suddenly so many foreigners tweeting at him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Smart Ball is the game that asks, "If you're so smart, why are you a jelly?" Can Arino slime his way to the top of this game?

This episode is brought to you by zari-gani who translated it during a break from seeing how much jello it takes to solidify an olympic sized swimming pool.

Download torrent81 (1 files; 677.67 MB)
View torrent stats

Direct Download

zari-gani posted:

Worst title screen ever.

I'm not joking when I say that might be the biggest challenge that we have left. On the translation side you've got sports and a licensed property. On the editing/timing side, the game needs the interface completely replaced so that the challenge can be understood. And for some cruel reason they made it a two parter.