Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."

flyboi posted:

so i guess that one woman that said something about doing tropes in video games that got like 150k and the internet hate machine against her hasn't produced anything in 9 months so the reddit army is getting ready to strike

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/17eu0z/its_been_9_months_since_feminist_martyr_anita/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."
i love that reddit thinks male feminists are all white knights.

actually, they probably think that any man who thinks of women as anything more than sex objects are being white knights.

then they wonder why women wont gently caress 'em. makes u think.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

WorkingPeer posted:

i love that reddit thinks male feminists are all white knights.

actually, they probably think that any man who thinks of women as anything more than sex objects are being white knights.

then they wonder why women wont gently caress 'em. makes u think.

they're probably just too nice. yeah that must be it.

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA
i clicked on that link and now i feel bad. there are a lot of people who need their legs broke, that's for sure. gently caress anyone who calls themselves a gamer

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

also anyone who uses "feminist" as a pejorative

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/915798840/friendzone-tees

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

where is that idiot from

Socracheese
Oct 20, 2008

polpotpi posted:

ian if i search for <script>alert("yopos bitch");</script>

it probably shouldnt do anything

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."

:thejoke:

Ericadia
Oct 31, 2007

Not A Unicorn
What's strip_tags precious?

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

prease don't give ian a job

no gently caress that

Hey ian western digital is probably hiring interns for the summer if you put in for one i'll leave a good word with my boss

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

ian what kind of agreement do you have with wolfram alpha? it looks like your site is infringing on copyrighted material.

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

maniacdevnull posted:

ian what kind of agreement do you have with wolfram alpha? it looks like your site is infringing on copyrighted material.

using their free API and generating <100 hits a day

scale???

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

Scale or return

Squinty Applebottom
Jan 1, 2013

pretty soon wolfram is gonna be thanking ian for finally bringing his dream to reality

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

hey wolfy it's your cousin marvin alpha

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

quote:

And there are other places where it seems like iOS just doesn’t know how to deal with Pebble: at first my phone seemed convinced that Pebble was actually a Bluetooth headset, and tried to route call audio and Siri to it. The music player controls worked fine with every app I tried, including Music, Spotify, and Rdio, but sometimes the track info displayed on the Pebble didn’t update.

These are all fairly minor irritations, though: once you get the Pebble up and running with your iPhone, it works perfectly,

the pebble, once you ignore all the faults it works perfectly!

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

the worst part of the pebble is that it looks like a cheap piece of garbage on your wrist.

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag
it's a piece of poo poo and looks like crap. 9/10

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Pebble claims the watch will run for about a week on a single charge, and while I didn’t have enough time to test that, I never once worried about the battery. Part of that was simply that there’s no battery indicator on the device — you’ll get a low battery warning, but otherwise you simply don’t know. It’s liberating, in the sense that being ignorant of death frees you from fear. Will you see a clock the next time you look at your wrist, or will you see the dead plastic talisman of a society shattered into pieces by information overload? Chances are you’ll see a clock.

go gently caress yourself the verge

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

Al! posted:

Pebble claims the watch will run for about a week on a single charge, and while I didn’t have enough time to test that, I never once worried about the battery. Part of that was simply that there’s no battery indicator on the device — you’ll get a low battery warning, but otherwise you simply don’t know. It’s liberating, in the sense that being ignorant of death frees you from fear. Will you see a clock the next time you look at your wrist, or will you see the dead plastic talisman of a society shattered into pieces by information overload? Chances are you’ll see a clock.

go gently caress yourself the verge

lmao

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
hahahaha

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

it's funny they ended up using a cheap transreflective LCD instead of e-ink considering the original headline of their kickstarter was "Pebble: E-Paper Watch for iPhone and Android"

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

qirex posted:

it's funny they ended up using a cheap transreflective LCD instead of e-ink considering the original headline of their kickstarter was "Pebble: E-Paper Watch for iPhone and Android"

wait its not eink?

then what's the loving point?

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

maniacdevnull posted:

wait its not eink?

"ha ha we got 9 million dollars"

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag

maniacdevnull posted:

wait its not eink?

These are all fairly minor irritations, though: once you get the Pebble up and running with your iPhone, it works perfectly

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

As for the screen itself, I would call it just okay: Pebble calls it "e-paper," but it’s really a 114 x 168 "transflective" LCD that’s designed for watches. It’s functional, but ultimately it’s a low-resolution black and white LCD, and low-resolution black and white LCDs are not renowned for their beauty. It’s also covered by a curved plastic lens that can reflect light in weird ways — it’s not a huge problem at all, but you’ll notice it from time to time.

The screen itself always has content on it, whether it’s the time, the music player, or a notification, and it’s fairly readable in daylight without the backlight on. But the backlight makes a big difference: when it’s off, the screen is roughly black and white, in the same way a Nook or Kindle screen is roughly black and white. But incoming notifications and particularly fast movements trigger the backlight, which adds an unexpected bluish tint to the screen. It works fine, but there’s no way for it to feel super-premium if the screen looks cheap — the experience here is fundamentally all about the display, after all. I hope Pebble finds a better part the next time around.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

there's only two good e-ink watches and they're made by seiko and one costs $450-600 and the other costs $900-1000

Ian McLean
Sep 9, 2012

statpedia.org
Post Stats on Anything
Brogrammer for sure! :)

I still have not received the 500 kickstarter. Unless it is just sitting on an amazon account waiting for me to claim.

Thanks for the job offer Proteus. I have an internship in DC with the department of homeland security within their cyber division over the summer. I signed an agreement with the government to work for a year in exchange for a full ride.

Securities and Exchange commission also invited me for a job in their DC office. The job would be half the time on the stock exchanges in New York and Chicago, then half the time in their DC office. Basically doing IT audits on the large investment houses.

Copywrite on wolfram? No way. They made their API for a reason right? I am showing them as a search result, plus I include the source link. Doesn't that make it fine? A better way to show search results in my opinion. I am nothing more than a search engine providing the best information available. Wolfram also contains additional information on their website that does not generate on the statpedia search. Wolfram will make money in clickthough ads with statpedia. They already have it.

Statpedia should think about profit sharing with these back links to searches like wolfram. Wolfram displays an ad between seeing it on statpedia, and being directed to wolfram. All these individual stat companies showing their statistics on statpedia can make money.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

qirex posted:

are you sure it's not one of those memory lcds sharp makes

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag

Ian McLean posted:

I still have not received the 500 kickstarter. Unless it is just sitting on an amazon account waiting for me to claim.

Thanks for the job offer Proteus. I have an internship in DC with the department of homeland security within their cyber division over the summer. I signed an agreement with the government to work for a year in exchange for a full ride.

Securities and Exchange commission also invited me for a job in their DC office. The job would be half the time on the stock exchanges in New York and Chicago, then half the time in their DC office. Basically doing IT audits on the large investment houses.

Copywrite on wolfram? No way. They made their API for a reason right? I am showing them as a search result, plus I include the source link. Doesn't that make it fine? A better way to show search results in my opinion. I am nothing more than a search engine providing the best information available. Wolfram also contains additional information on their website that does not generate on the statpedia search. Wolfram will make money in clickthough ads with statpedia. They already have it.

Statpedia should think about profit sharing with these back links to searches like wolfram. Wolfram displays an ad between seeing it on statpedia, and being directed to wolfram. All these individual stat companies showing their statistics on statpedia can make money.

lol

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Ian McLean posted:

I have an internship in DC with the department of homeland security within their cyber division over the summer

lmao

Squinty Applebottom
Jan 1, 2013

ian ive done irl IT audits as have other people ITF and its a lot of coloring excel spreadsheets green cause someone showed you another excel spreadsheet and less movie hacking

FamDav
Mar 29, 2008

Proteus4994 posted:

no gently caress that

Hey ian western digital is probably hiring interns for the summer if you put in for one i'll leave a good word with my boss

does it include bennies like free hdds?

Hashtag Nascar
Jan 4, 2012

Ian which character on hit television progman "Homeland" is a fictional representaion of you?

Squinty Applebottom
Jan 1, 2013

one of the extras who still thinks he's gonna be a real actor some day

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

have some respect hes defending our freedoms

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Ian you should share your profit with wolfram, please mail them a check for half a turd

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

qirex posted:

if they had actually tried to go to production with e-ink screens they wouldn't have been able to afford it and most of their stupid stuff that already doesn't really work would have worked even worse so lol.

its funny too because like one of their first demonstration videos was clearly using transflective lcd but being referred to as e-ink, think that got taken down eventually tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Ian McLean posted:

I always read brogrammer as brogamer

Ian does this word also describe you

• Locked thread