Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ian McLean
Sep 9, 2012

statpedia.org
Post Stats on Anything
I really don't want to leave California. I am hoping to buy myself out with VC funds so I can be chillin working on statpedia.

I would rather work for WD, and that is the truth. That office is like 5 mins away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."

qirex posted:

there's only two good e-ink watches and they're made by seiko and one costs $450-600 and the other costs $900-1000

jfc

Ian McLean
Sep 9, 2012

statpedia.org
Post Stats on Anything

RZApublican posted:

I always read brogrammer as brogamer

Ian does this word also describe you

No. I stopped playing games at 20 because it was an 18 hour a day thing, and my dad told me it was an escape from reality.

If I am at a friend's, and they have a console system I might play.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
ian you should ingest 4 hits of lsd imo

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Ian McLean posted:

No. I stopped playing games at 20 because it was an 18 hour a day thing, and my dad told me it was an escape from reality.

If I am at a friend's, and they have a console system I might play.

you could have used that dedication to videogames to become a pro Starcraft or DOTA player and be making the big bucks in Korea

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.

FamDav posted:

does it include bennies like free hdds?

the five finger discount is always in effect

of course any hdd i could easily steal is one i've been working on, and any hdd i've been working on is a broken piece of poo poo so it's a double-edged sword

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

why do all "high tech" watches look like some cheap cerial box poo poo no matter how much they cost

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."

this is my watch. i probably will not get a smartwatch until they make one that is pretty much the same size (including thickness), as durable, and has a battery i can go without charging for at least a month.

i want my smartwatch to be like a regular loving watch... but smart.

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."
obviously it'd be ideal if the screen took up the whole face of the watch. i'm not saying i want a 1x2cm segmented lcd on my smartwatch.

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

jesus christ just get a regular watch you loving sperglords. stupid poo poo like this is going to be just like a calculator watch, gaudy as gently caress

real watches are classy as gently caress and accent your outfit

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

WorkingPeer posted:

this is my watch. i probably will not get a smartwatch until they make one that is pretty much the same size (including thickness), as durable, and has a battery i can go without charging for at least a month.

i want my smartwatch to be like a regular loving watch... but smart.

a good watch.

this is my watch

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay
i wrote 4:20 on my wrist

Ian McLean
Sep 9, 2012

statpedia.org
Post Stats on Anything
This forum shows up every time someone does a search for my name. Everyone in the world reading everything I write on here.

Just makes me sad when I like a girl, and they are too busy reading all the information about me to decide if they like me or not.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Ian McLean posted:

This forum shows up every time someone does a search for my name. Everyone in the world reading everything I write on here.

only registered users can read this forum, you are in the clear, send a check

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag

Ian McLean posted:

Just makes me sad when I like a girl, and they are too busy reading all the information about me to decide if they like me or not.

yeah that's the thing with girls. they will not allow their emotions to rule them: only google can decide if they like a boy or not

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

Ian McLean posted:

oh i wouldnt worry about it

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

Ian McLean posted:

Statpedia should think about profit sharing with these back links to searches like wolfram. Wolfram displays an ad between seeing it on statpedia, and being directed to wolfram. All these individual stat companies showing their statistics on statpedia can make money.

aww, starting to distance yourself already?

its delusional to think someone else, literally any other soul on the planet, will give enough of a poo poo to pick up statpedia where you abandon it and carry on

DaTroof
Nov 16, 2000

CC LIMERICK CONTEST GRAND CHAMPION
There once was a poster named Troof
Who was getting quite long in the toof

BiohazrD posted:

oh i wouldnt worry about it

but if just 1% of the world googles his name, that's 60 million people reading his lovely posts!

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

It looks a lot better without a bunch of red arrows pointing at it.

otoh

there's also special anime versions :keke:

also, I'm very disappointed in you all for not being able to make ian ragequit yet

qirex fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Jan 29, 2013

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

ian is basically losethos guy but w/ statpedia

he will never give up

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

qirex posted:

also, I'm very disappointed in you all for not being able to make ian ragequit yet

hes just too stpuid mang

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Ian McLean posted:

girls :(

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.

qirex posted:

but.....that's not what i want! :(

ian shows up like once every couple of weeks to breathe new life into this thread

Squinty Applebottom
Jan 1, 2013

as a fellow entrepreneur i like reading and Ian's success and failures

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag

polpotpi posted:

as a fellow entrepreneur i like reading and Ian's success and failures

exactly, all these hot chicks who google him to find out if they like him or not will discover that he's a captain of industry and will want him to bathe their ovaries with his entrepreneurial jizz

Ian McLean
Sep 9, 2012

statpedia.org
Post Stats on Anything
So about that Python program I wrote.

What happens if that just spreads to the world like wildfire?

Google comes to the Federal Reserve Board with a 100 billion dollar bill for one month.

Federal Reserve Board is like.... how is that possible?

Google says, oh there is this computer program going around the internet spamming your address for cost per click.

What is Federal Reserve Board going to say... oh well I guess we are still going to advertise the Federal Reserve Board on Google after paying this ridiculous bill?

Do I care if Federal Reserve Board pays Google 100 billion in advertising costs? Yes. I believe it would be a good thing. Google is responsible.

How does the printing press really work these days?

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag
can you explain this a little more slowly ian?

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Ian McLean posted:

So about that Python program I wrote.

you can stop right here ian

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Ian McLean posted:

Thanks for the job offer Proteus. I have an internship in DC with the department of homeland security within their cyber division over the summer. I signed an agreement with the government to work for a year in exchange for a full ride.

d/c sucks, it's expensive and the commuting is bull poo poo

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

terrorist

terror wrist

Squinty Applebottom
Jan 1, 2013

oh god he's gone full losethos

Squinty Applebottom
Jan 1, 2013

God Says posted:

Do I care if Federal Reserve Board pays Google 100 billion in advertising costs? Yes. I believe it would be a good thing. Google is responsible.

How does the printing press really work these days?

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag
ian you should really post a pic of your butt here so those googling girls can asses your package

Ian McLean
Sep 9, 2012

statpedia.org
Post Stats on Anything

JawnV6 posted:

aww, starting to distance yourself already?

its delusional to think someone else, literally any other soul on the planet, will give enough of a poo poo to pick up statpedia where you abandon it and carry on

Dude. I am constantly reaching out to investors. What is your deal?

I will not abandon Statpedia!

Statpedia is too cool to just let fall in the dust. You are delusional to think lots of people won't like statpedia. Lots of people do like it.

Think about all these stats uploaded in 10, 20 years?

If I do nothing but live that long, and still have statpedia running, I will be super successful.

Ian McLean fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Jan 29, 2013

Squinty Applebottom
Jan 1, 2013

Ian I'm an accredited investor on tv and irl and I haven't received any pitches yet

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW
dont worry ian i got you covered

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Ian McLean posted:

Dude. I am constantly reaching out to investors. What is your deal?

we've been watching statpedia for months and we still have no idea why anybody would find it valuable and we're not even going to give you money

how is a Qualified Investor going to decide to give you money?

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay
i am thinking about all the uploadad stats mmmm stats

Squinty Applebottom
Jan 1, 2013

Ian McLean posted:

If I do nothing but live that long, and still have statpedia running, I will be super successful.

i can't even see the goalposts at this point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ian McLean
Sep 9, 2012

statpedia.org
Post Stats on Anything

polpotpi posted:

Ian I'm an accredited investor on tv and irl and I haven't received any pitches yet

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/5644217/EIIA2013%20Students%20submissions/IanMcLean-eiia13-HW1.pdf

• Locked thread