Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan
I was under the impression that once a week unique server spawns haven't really existed since POP? Also I believe they drop a lot more than just 3 items. I know EQ has implemented currency and task systems that allow you to get at least something.

Also in WOW when raids went from 40 man to 25 man people complained and complained and it hosed up a bunch of guilds. So I think it's more that people have guilds setup already for 54 man raids and changing that would mess things up. I guess they could make them 27 man raids or something.

edit: All that being said, I don't know why I should have some sort of say in what high end EQ raiders are doing. I play on Test so the chance of me doing it is effectively 0.

second edit: And unless you're at the pinnacle of the game you can often (at least as a melee) get upgrades from all sorts of lower raids which is unique to EQ. Items aren't completely worthless once a new raid hits.

Vomik fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Jan 29, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Vomik posted:

I was under the impression that once a week unique server spawns haven't really existed since POP

Mini Bosses in Sverag and Porthio in Relic are on 3 day timers, that was a bizarre expansion though

Flarestar
Dec 23, 2005
Diesel Powered Robot Panda

JustJeff88 posted:

Well, I am sure that this is the point where the entire Goon population turns on me, but I am one of those reasonable-minded people who thinks that both WoW and EQ have their strong and weak points and thinks that each game could learn from the other. I felt that WoW raiding, with the strict player caps, made it so that each person in the group had to be adequately geared and capable in order for everyone to pull it off. Even in my limited experience of the pre-Cataclysm non-Heroic end-game raids, even one DPS class out of 10/25 not being up to it could cost the raid, and I kind of liked that. I myself basically torpedoed a raid inadvertently: I was the #2 tank on our 'A' raiding team and, in one of my first raids, I forgot that I had a Rune equipped that did an AoE strike on a mob that spawned very dangerous adds from its body that drained health back to the boss (Saurfang, maybe? Been a while), which pretty much ruined that raid. I felt horrible even though my guild was very understanding, but we all learned from our mistakes and eventually we took the bugger down.

EQ raids just have too many people, which makes it so that almost nobody gets anything for the encounter. Having 54 people there for maybe 3 useful things that drop is not fun. I would be less opposed to that dynamic if people would get a bunch of cash and/or experience for bringing down some huge uber-boss, but EQ doesn't really do that. It's just another example of that separation in EQ (which has gotten a bit better from the old days) between character and gear progression.

I know that this is a word that infuriates EQ players, but the reason that I felt that WoW raiding was so smooth because of instancing. Everyone throws a fit at that word, but to me the challenge should be in getting the right people, using the right approach, and organising properly to take down The Big Bad, not having to beat every other comparable group on your server to that fight. When we failed on Saurfang in WoW and were locked out for a week, we were disappointed, but we knew that we could be back the following week to try again, and eventually we got over that hump. I know a lot of people enjoy the "competitive" element that comes with beating another guild to a major target, but to me the gratification of getting a large group of very disparate people to work together in order to take down whatever-it-is is gratification enough.

Our guild was not huge, but it was too big for one raiding force. In EQ, that is a huge problem, but in WoW we just formed a 'B' team that would attack a different instance of the content in question, usually on another night of the week. A lot of people think that this kind of openness diminishes accomplishment, but I think that it lets people enjoy the content that they would otherwise never see. If it wasn't this way, then the big fish would dominate a spawn forever until it became irrelevant in the next expansion or content package and the "beta" players would either have to spend time on now-pointless content or go on to being locked out of modern content by the semi-pro players. I still fail to see how having a once-a-week spawn that is unique on a server with thousands and thousands of players is an inherently good idea.

The loot system is a point of failure in almost every MMO. WoW addressed the problem partially, but didn't take it far enough.

The problem with the A and B team concept is you're almost guaranteeing introduction of cliques and elitism into your guild if you do it. Virtually every WoW guild immediately had to deal with that problem when Cataclysm launched.

That being said, WoW did do some good things. *shrug* It just also did a lot of bad ones. I've thought a lot about what I'd actually consider to be the ideal mix of casual and hardcore styles, along with combat mechanics and gameplay in general. This is sort of a long read, but it's a document I've tinkered with over the years as I've seen where games succeeded and failed.

Design Concepts

Crafting

Crafting will be an active role within the game. Basically rip off Vanguard’s crafting system wholesale. It’s easily the best crafting implementation in an MMORPG. I really can’t think of any improvements that should be made to it other than obviously different stats and options for when you’re making the items themselves. No, absolutely no, click and instant combine mechanics, even for trivialized recipes.

Combat

Remove the current paradigm of abilities = dps. This leads to ability spam and macro’ing being the normal mode of operation. Set trigger conditions for reactive usability of any given ability, starting with the tank classes. Tank class reacts to condition -> opens up relevant debuff abilities for party members -> opens up further debuffing or damage abilities for party members. This chain creates far more immersive combat than is normally found, requiring a level of coordination and interaction amongst the party that is currently absent. System can be more complex via something like the Renkei system in FFXI, or the Heroic Opportunity system in EQII, where skills in certain combinations trigger special attacks.

Allow much lower damage self-combos so that pick up groups are not completely crippled in the event that they cannot cooperate, or have a bad mixture of classes. Ideally though, any given (sane) combination should be capable of equivalently the same damage output and survivability, avoiding the holy trinity trap.
Crowd control needs to play an active role in combat – the current trend of mass combat with AOE ability spam has served only to make fights much less risky and challenging for the players. Less risk and challenge = boring = less player retention. If a group wants to take on 3-4 enemies at once, it should be near-certain death without crowd control unless the group is exceedingly well equipped for the encounter.

Threat should be maintained through active use of tanking abilities – NOT through damage. Threat-generating abilities, both offensive and defensive, are what start the ability chains, along with focusing the target’s attention on the tank. Attention should be held long enough for the tank to use support and debuff abilities further into the chain without losing the target’s attention. That being said, abilities themselves should carry a threat value not tied to the damage of the ability itself. i.e., you can be doing massive damage as a tank but not using threat-focused abilities and still lose the target’s attention, along with reducing the group’s overall damage as you are not generating special ability conditions for party members.

Pace of combat should be about half of what it commonly is now. This allows for adequate player reaction and decision time, without the current need to attack as rapidly as possible to be competitive.

Instanced Dungeons/Raids

These will be handled via scripted adventure, with modular components. Any existing open world dungeon can be a target, along with dungeons constructed specifically for instanced adventures. These will come in four varieties. Small group (2-4 players), full group (6 players), small raid (18 players) and full raid (30 players).

The instance will begin with a trigger NPC – this can be in town, out in the open world, even periodically available based on other conditions in the game. Once found and triggered, your group/raid will be teleported to the entry point for the instance – essentially a spawned version of a given game area. Once in that area, players will encounter multiple quests and objectives for that instance, starting with the surrounding area and gradually moving into the dungeon itself. These should not be solely kill/fetch/carry. Involve the players in logic puzzles, require them to learn and apply in-game lore, craft components to open access to parts of the dungeon from gathered materials. The modular design of the dungeons should allow them to dynamically assign challenges and events from a large available pool.

Dungeon bosses should follow the concepts detailed in the Raiding section – less tank and spank, more player involvement with the fight itself.

Open World Dungeons/Raids

These dungeons should range from smaller complexes designed for a few groups of 2-4 players, to massive areas designed for multiple full parties to be operating within. Encounters should range from mini-bosses all the way up to full-fledged raid targets. The best loot in the game for each tier (small group/full group/small raid/full raid) should come from these boss targets, and the encounters will be substantially harder than the instanced encounters. The challenge of getting to the encounter before other players, and of successfully engaging and defeating the target before others can should be rewarded. These bosses will drop specific items from a loot pool, rather than generic tokenized drops for crafting/vendor turn in found in instances. This avoids the issue of constant farming by one group that’s capable of mobilizing faster. They may monopolize the spawn for a time, but fairly quickly they’ll have whatever they need from it.

Mini-bosses will be on a placeholder system similar to EQ1. Raid bosses will be timed spawns with a +/- 12 hour window to avoid time zone monopolies.

Additionally, these dungeons should involve substantial lore and puzzle-based challenges – mechanics should be designed to allow these challenges to change on a regular basis, while still being appropriate to the dungeon they are in, adding to the longevity of the dungeon itself. If possible, design these challenges to be extremely difficult to commit to a Wiki. The idea is to involve the players in the game, not with a Prima guide.

Small and Full Group Raiding

Break the current flow of raiding. Current flow = kill trash -> engage boss -> get loot -> repeat. This leads to formulaic and repetitive raids – a good portion of the raid force floats along half asleep until boss time, at which point they try not to stand in fire while spamming the ideal macro.

Change raid zones to require multi-group coordination. Keep the trash in place – but force the raid to split up and operate in small groups to accomplish multiple objectives simultaneously to access the boss. These objectives can involve following different paths through the dungeon, culminating at the room of the current boss to link the raid force back up conveniently. Objectives can be kill targets, activated world objects, puzzles, riddles, whatever you like.
Boss encounter itself should also involve specific tasks, not just survive while putting out enough dps, and not based around one or two gimmicks that have to be countered constantly throughout the fight. Spawn reinforcement waves that must be CC’d/killed, have objects that require interaction mid-fight to stop actions from occurring, allow friendly reinforcements to help the raid. All of these are things that have been done very rarely in encounters in other games, but they should be a staple of the encounter. It’s incredibly immersion breaking to reach a boss and then snooze through the kill.

Loot

There will be 12 loot tiers. From worst to best:

1. 2-4 player instance-specific token equipment.
2. Generic token pool group equipment.
3. 2-4 player open world dungeon drops.
4. Full group instance-specific token equipment.
5. Crafted items made from components earned in dungeons supporting options 1 and 4.
6. Open world full group dungeon drops.
7. Small raid instance-specific token equipment.
8. Generic token pool raid equipment.
9. Small raid open world drops.
10. Full raid instance-specific token equipment.
11. Crafted items made from components earned in dungeons supporting options 7 and 10.
12. Full raid open world dungeon drops.

This sets a hierarchy based on risk vs. reward. The smaller the group, the more predictable the challenge, the less reward. Likewise with crafting being second tier only to open world of the same difficulty.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
In the two newest expansions, all the raids are not only instanced, but the last instanced group mission for a zone is a scaled down version of the raid, so people who don't raid can still see the storyline/content. The raids also drop about 8 pieces of loot. So EQ raiding has improved over the old days of zerg rushing a week long respawn before the other guilds can get there, and only getting 3 pieces of loot.

!amicable
Jan 20, 2007
I think this is the best place to ask. Does anyone know of a way to look through the classic EQ texture files? I'm specifically looking for the human heads and some random armor stuff. I can't dig up a model viewer or anything like that.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Ahh nostalgia, you cruel bitch

ponzicar posted:

In the two newest expansions, all the raids are not only instanced, but the last instanced group mission for a zone is a scaled down version of the raid, so people who don't raid can still see the storyline/content. The raids also drop about 8 pieces of loot. So EQ raiding has improved over the old days of zerg rushing a week long respawn before the other guilds can get there, and only getting 3 pieces of loot.

The last group mission being a scaled-down raid is probably the coolest idea EQ's had in forever.

Regarding lots-of-people raid sizes -- it's always been that way in EQ and hopefully always will, or it's going to piss off a whole lot of people who suddenly get benched or put on the lovely B teams. It's not any harder for a top tier raid guild in EQ to field 54 than it is for a top tier WoW guild to field 25, as guilds recruit with raid size numbers in mind. Plus bigass raids are fun as hell. The place where it sucks is for the feeder guilds who are generally composed of 80% idiots who get carried by 2 groups of extremely solid raiders. Those solid raiders eventually migrate up and out of the feeder guild into a high end guild as they become geared for them, so the middle guilds are in perpetual mediocrity due to hemorrhaging all the best members and retaining only the shitlords.

The good part about the goon guild is that nearly all of us 90+ are not shitlords and have EQ raid experience, so we can carry you shitlords through older content :colbert:

I was talking about raids for a while with Illa last night and I agree with Flare - we should start with DoDH. Not only can we clear the entire expansion with a group or two, but Demiplane is probably the single most unique/weird/fun raid ever put into the game. A couple of the encounters are also hand built to show an entire raid just who the shitlords are with massive :siren:s and name calling, which is perfect for goon raids. I vote whenever we feel like screwing around in raids, we act sorta like a progression guild starting at DoDH and clear as many things as we can each expansion until we peter out somewhere in UF or HoT

Flarestar
Dec 23, 2005
I'm down for that.

Also, on a totally unrelated note, if you're one of the folks that lives in their own little boxturbation world and has zero interaction with the rest of us, don't be particularly surprised if I ignore your PM'd request for full suits of gear for 3+ characters. I'm testcopying poo poo to help people out, not be your personal gear factory.

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

MrTheDevious posted:

The last group mission being a scaled-down raid is probably the coolest idea EQ's had in forever.

Regarding lots-of-people raid sizes -- it's always been that way in EQ and hopefully always will, or it's going to piss off a whole lot of people who suddenly get benched or put on the lovely B teams. It's not any harder for a top tier raid guild in EQ to field 54 than it is for a top tier WoW guild to field 25, as guilds recruit with raid size numbers in mind. Plus bigass raids are fun as hell. The place where it sucks is for the feeder guilds who are generally composed of 80% idiots who get carried by 2 groups of extremely solid raiders. Those solid raiders eventually migrate up and out of the feeder guild into a high end guild as they become geared for them, so the middle guilds are in perpetual mediocrity due to hemorrhaging all the best members and retaining only the shitlords.

The good part about the goon guild is that nearly all of us 90+ are not shitlords and have EQ raid experience, so we can carry you shitlords through older content :colbert:

I was talking about raids for a while with Illa last night and I agree with Flare - we should start with DoDH. Not only can we clear the entire expansion with a group or two, but Demiplane is probably the single most unique/weird/fun raid ever put into the game. A couple of the encounters are also hand built to show an entire raid just who the shitlords are with massive :siren:s and name calling, which is perfect for goon raids. I vote whenever we feel like screwing around in raids, we act sorta like a progression guild starting at DoDH and clear as many things as we can each expansion until we peter out somewhere in UF or HoT

How about us mid 80s goons that are trying to not be shitlords and get to 90+ soon? I'm interested in the older raiding, although most of my EQ raid experience comes from classic raids and racing for Trakanon/VS/etc. etc.

Edit: I'm an idiot and missed the part where it said "carry us through" :hurr:

iNteg fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Jan 29, 2013

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

iNteg posted:

How about us mid 80s goons that are trying to not be shitlords and get to 90+ soon? I'm interested in the older raiding, although most of my EQ raid experience comes from classic raids and racing for Trakanon/VS/etc. etc.

Edit: I'm an idiot and missed the part where it said "carry us through" :hurr:

I'm reading on HoT prog, because I'd like to get my ranger in on that sweet poo poo; are the solo tasks easily soloable, or is it better to try get goons to go with? I'd really prefer doing things with humans then settle into boxing.

Flarestar
Dec 23, 2005

Dubious posted:

I'm reading on HoT prog, because I'd like to get my ranger in on that sweet poo poo; are the solo tasks easily soloable, or is it better to try get goons to go with? I'd really prefer doing things with humans then settle into boxing.

Try to get goons. There's actually quite a few of us doing HoT prog stuff for various reasons right now, and a lot of people in the right level range.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Dubious posted:

Plus even the "solo" tasks are still killing HoT mobs, so you pretty much need a few people on them. HoT Prog is really fun and the majority of the guild is smack in the middle of the level range for it, so no reason not to group up and slaughter instead of being antisocial fuckgoons mindset

Andy Dufresne
Aug 4, 2010

The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die
Alright thread, I'm moving to test. You may have seen me on Luclin over the summer as Xaftan. So far I've created and /testbuff'd a Mage which will be the 3rd member of my trio but I'll also be copying over a Necro/SK from one account and a Shaman from another.

If anyone has gear or some gold for spells for an 81 Necro, high 70s Shaman, or an up and coming mage I would appreciate it. The necro is actually doing pretty good on foci but I think my Enhanced Minion is weak. My only character on test so far is Andydufresne.

Picnic Lunch
May 1, 2006

Damn tailgaters
Biscuit Hider
I'm approaching 92 on Test on my mage Hyeater and I was wondering if any of you would happen to have a Twitching Snood or a Black Vertebrae that you would be able to testcopy over for me. I haven't seen one on the test bazaar for a while and I cannot afford one on live.

cycomatix
Apr 23, 2008
Fun Shoe
Can we have raid experience and still be a shitlord? I think I fall in to that category.

Uganda Loves Me
May 24, 2002

I created Beardemic the Shadow Knight on Test. I'm trying out boxing with a bard and shaman.

revenance
Sep 7, 2003

can you hear the sleepless lullaby?

cycomatix posted:

Can we have raid experience and still be a shitlord? I think I fall in to that category.

Being a shitlord is a lifestyle, just ask Devious.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

revenance posted:

Thanks for the templates!

The abstruse paladin 2x bracers and legs are on the way to Ryanallene. Still working on assembling a set of the templates on Firiona Vie so I can testcopy full sets without bugging people.

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

Having grinded most tradeskills max now, I'm going to start slowly copying over some mats for the RoF cultural weapons soon and try to craft some. I'll begin with the monk H2H weapons and their corresponding augs, but with enough time, I should be able to craft other weapons too. They are 96req/100rec and will probably be the best we'll find for a long time. You can see them here:

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/search.html?q=regal+infused

Note that they should always be paired up with a special aug, for example this for 1h, this for bows and eh... I can't find the name of the 2H aug.

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

iNteg posted:

I've been spending the plat I have on live to snag a few of the non-visible pieces of VoA gear and a few weapons I find on the semi-cheap. Sadly I'm at work and Alla is blocked, so no links.

But I have the Steel-Woven Band, and another, which name I can't remember.

Do you mind copying over and sending a Steel-Woven band to Lasombr?

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

revenance posted:

It's true, I have to put Tapp on my back and carry him to success anywhere beyond Sol B

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

I told Kodaji I'd do a Clankwrench kill tomorrow to unlock pure power sources. Anyone else on test is welcome to come along to help and get flagged. Between his boxes and mine, everything needed is covered, so bring whatever chars you feel like. I'll try to get copied over and ready around 5pm west coast, 8pm eastern. There might be a min level cap to be added to the dz, but we'll figure that out tomorrow.

Also, there are a lot of people talking about eq raiding who obviously have not raided in the past 2-8 years to see the changes in design philosophy. All raids are instanced, most give currency that allows you buy a piece of armor every couple weeks, drop 4-6 (or up to 10) items per a chest, most have no trash clears, and almost all raids in VoA/RoF have a group version.

Per a week, we get about 40 pieces of T2, 60 pieces of T1, and 4 Vulak (T2.5). And each person gets currency equal to 7/17th of a T2 non-vis, and 4/7th of a T1 non-vis. Even the guilds who can't clear T2 get a huge amount of loot from NToV dragons to help them gear up for T2.

blackmage
Sep 9, 2006
Are there any good SK usable back pieces at lvl 80? That's the only slot I still have defiant in. Well and belt, but that's my haste item.

edit: and a shield.

blackmage fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Jan 30, 2013

Freeze_Dried_Chives
Jul 22, 2007

I will not go down the hole again good sir.
Pilsner, thanks for the belt. It is helping my Paladin own them ghosts alt a lot.

Up to 7 kills of Phinny now for the backbone, still haven't gotten it. What an rear end in a top hat.

Since I want to keep my bard parked in Kedge camping him, I decided to start a new dude. Tried out all the classes 25-35 and had the most fun with a Paladin so I'm sticking with it. Currently working my way through the Tower of Frozen Shadows owning all them undeads. Did the Ghoulbane quest right off the bat and that leveled me up to 35. Once I hit 45 I am going to do the Soulfire quest since I always wanted to get that when I played back in the day. Paladin was the first class I played back when EQ first launched (drat that was so long ago) but they sucked so bad that I ended up switching to a Monk for the rest of my original run. I am getting my rear end handed to me against living stuff, but undead stuff is dying so easy I don't even need a cleric merc to keep me alive.

Besides Ghoulbane/Soulfire, anyone know of any other cool Paladin poo poo to do/quest/camp below 60?

It sounds like there is a goon test guild? Who do I need to bug to get in on that.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Flarestar posted:

In addition to the above, I'm now copying over:

Level 92+ stuff:
Full RoF T1 visible + non-visible armor. (it's all/all, no class requirements)
Hissing Unsociable Blade - 1h slasher
Reticent Gar - lance
Voiceless Hound Skean - dagger
Silent Grimace - fist wrap
Stygian Nightmare's Bow <-- not the ranger bow, still working on getting that

I'd love the visible RoF T1 stuff and the lance if possible. Solotiv in game.

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

blackmage posted:

Are there any good SK usable back pieces at lvl 80? That's the only slot I still have defiant in. Well and belt, but that's my haste item.

I have plenty of Dream Motes for you that you can use to buy a cloak, and a better haste belt too. Do you know how Dream Motes work? Try to find me as Zliz in game.

Andy Dufresne
Aug 4, 2010

The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die
I started my IsBoxer trial last night and I'm hoping to box 3 accounts on a single monitor. Is there a step-by-step guide anywhere?

edit: nevermind: http://isboxer.com/wiki/EQ1:Quick_Start_Guide

Andy Dufresne fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Jan 30, 2013

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

blackmage posted:

I might have an 80 shield unattuned on live that I can test copy over. Send a tell to lasombr

jetz0r posted:

I told Kodaji I'd do a Clankwrench kill tomorrow to unlock pure power sources. Anyone else on test is welcome to come along to help and get flagged. Between his boxes and mine, everything needed is covered, so bring whatever chars you feel like. I'll try to get copied over and ready around 5pm west coast, 8pm eastern. There might be a min level cap to be added to the dz, but we'll figure that out tomorrow.

Thanks for coming over to help us on Test. Finally I'll get to use those sealed pure metal orbs you sent along.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Freeze_Dried_Chives posted:

It sounds like there is a goon test guild? Who do I need to bug to get in on that.

I've got 95 necro, sham and bard that I three box. This drat thread makes me wanna /testcopy because gently caress paying gold on 3 accounts. Is there anything anyone needs copied over and who can I bug for an invite?

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever
I realise that this is the longest of long-shots, but I am already sick of camping this gently caress. The only bit of the enchanter 1.0 that I have not yet done that is droppable/MQable is the Spoon that drops off of Cazel in Ro/Oasis. There are several spoons in game, but this one is non-collectible, Magic, Lore, and looks like a white leaf with a stem.

Very obscure, but if anyone happens to have one of these kicking around (again, it is droppable), let me know. It has not use whatsoever apart from the Staff of the Serpent.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

JustJeff88 posted:

I realise that this is the longest of long-shots, but I am already sick of camping this gently caress. The only bit of the enchanter 1.0 that I have not yet done that is droppable/MQable is the Spoon that drops off of Cazel in Ro/Oasis. There are several spoons in game, but this one is non-collectible, Magic, Lore, and looks like a white leaf with a stem.

Very obscure, but if anyone happens to have one of these kicking around (again, it is droppable), let me know. It has not use whatsoever apart from the Staff of the Serpent.

What's it called? I killed Cazel a million times and was a hoarder with my necro, so there's a chance I have it.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Freeze_Dried_Chives posted:

Pilsner, thanks for the belt. It is helping my Paladin own them ghosts alt a lot.

Up to 7 kills of Phinny now for the backbone, still haven't gotten it. What an rear end in a top hat.

Is the backbone MQ'able? I have one on my bard, and he already has his epic.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

Medullah posted:

What's it called? I killed Cazel a million times and was a hoarder with my necro, so there's a chance I have it.

It is called "a Spoon", and looks like a little white leaf. It is also Magic and Lore. I think that it is a 100% drop from Cazel, so if you have ever killed him, you probably do have one and if you do, please post it to Tingal on Test. Here is the Zam link:

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=10529

Also, yes, the Phinigel spine is very much MQable; done it several times. If you have any need also, I have plenty of red and white scales (which are droppable).

Flarestar
Dec 23, 2005

Shrapnac posted:

I'd love the visible RoF T1 stuff and the lance if possible. Solotiv in game.

I'll send it along tonight.

jetz0r posted:

Are you talking about these things? Because if so, I can testcopy the hell out of the sealed version of the Pure Energeian Elemental Orb.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Flarestar posted:

Are you talking about these things? Because if so, I can testcopy the hell out of the sealed version of the Pure Energeian Elemental Orb.

Yes, I am talking about those. I've also sent about a billion pure metal orbs over to test.

Flarestar
Dec 23, 2005

jetz0r posted:

Yes, I am talking about those. I've also sent about a billion pure metal orbs over to test.

No worries. If you want to save your wrist the carpel tunnel of making all of them though, I literally copy those things over 40 at a time. I can start stocking the GB with 'em if you want, I just assume everyone with infusible armor was already testcopying them.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Flarestar posted:

No worries. If you want to save your wrist the carpel tunnel of making all of them though, I literally copy those things over 40 at a time. I can start stocking the GB with 'em if you want, I just assume everyone with infusible armor was already testcopying them.

I'm not making them, I just buy them and there's a stack of metal orbs in the bag I've been passing around to mules for testcopy packs.

The pure orbs that get used are Metal, Light, Elemental, Ethereal, and Death.
Death gives a total of -40 to all your mod3s at 100 purity, so you need really good gear to be overcap enough to not lose any of those.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

METAL 4 LYFE!

Looking forward to Clank tonight :v:

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
I wish I hadn't gotten drawn into a different MMO at the moment, because the goon revival sounds awesome as always.

Perick
May 27, 2003
GoonGrrrls = Teh WIN
I have a Bard question...do I *NEED* the various instruments still? Or will the various pieces of Defiant gear suffice?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002
^^^ just use defiant until high levels or specific clickie instruments

JustJeff88 posted:

It is called "a Spoon", and looks like a little white leaf. It is also Magic and Lore. I think that it is a 100% drop from Cazel, so if you have ever killed him, you probably do have one and if you do, please post it to Tingal on Test. Here is the Zam link:

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=10529

Also, yes, the Phinigel spine is very much MQable; done it several times. If you have any need also, I have plenty of red and white scales (which are droppable).

Man, my selective memory can't remember a time when Cazel WASN'T up, tearing through my orc highway groups and generally scaring the living piss out of me at all times.