Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seymour Butts
Jun 26, 2003
I break girls in like baseball gloves

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

Turn 10 is hosting a Game with Devs this afternoon/evening from 3pm to 5pm PACIFIC time. They will be running games on both Horizon and FM4. You will need to go to their Facebook page and join their chat applet to get into games.

Can I do that without having a facebook account?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

Seymour Butts posted:

Can I do that without having a facebook account?
Unfortunately no, you can't. I didn't have a Facebook account until I wanted to do a game with devs, and that's really the only thing I use my Facebook account for. Just create a dummy one with fake info or something if you want to participate.

Bloody Typical
Oct 27, 2005

Hey, keep the noise down Jerk, this is a residential area.
Just finished up a highlight reel of Eurogruppen's 2012 best bits.

Thought a few more people might want to have a look

http://youtu.be/El9qEydJcr8

burtonos
Aug 17, 2004

...and the angel did say, "go forth, and lay waste to all who oppose you"

Unfortunately no, you can't. I didn't have a Facebook account until I wanted to do a game with devs, and that's really the only thing I use my Facebook account for. Just create a dummy one with fake info or something if you want to participate.

But don't count on being able to grab you kick rear end gamertag because someone has already probably sniped it. Why couldn't they just tie it to gametags? :argh:

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

burtonos posted:

But don't count on being able to grab you kick rear end gamertag because someone has already probably sniped it. Why couldn't they just tie it to gametags? :argh:
Yeah, its stupid that they use their own thing, I think it's Twitch.TV or some poo poo. Totally a separate deal. Really the only reason to do the Game with Devs is to try to get Unicorn cars.

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

I've just dumped most (if not all) of my forza photos into an album on imgur. 200+ pictures of SAEG races, my cars and a couple of forza 3 and horizon photos.

http://imgur.com/a/K3o3y

Might as well bump SAEG whilst I'm here. We're still racing if any European/GMT friendly goons wish to race.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Jarf posted:

I've just dumped most (if not all) of my forza photos into an album on imgur. 200+ pictures of SAEG races, my cars and a couple of forza 3 and horizon photos.

Might as well bump SAEG whilst I'm here. We're still racing if any European/GMT friendly goons wish to race.

Man I loved those clio cup races, seriously some of the best weve done.
Also yeah if any of you GTCC or AUGR people wanna race, we are doing some dice racing (I think) at 9pm gmt tommorow according to the google calendar thingy. My GT is breeet

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Jarf posted:

Great album. Thanks for sharing.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

anime and cars posted:

Man I loved those clio cup races, seriously some of the best weve done.
Also yeah if any of you GTCC or AUGR people wanna race, we are doing some dice racing (I think) at 9pm gmt tommorow according to the google calendar thingy. My GT is breeet
We (AUGR) ran a couple Clio Cup races and the cars are a blast to drive. I managed to tune up one for each car and they turned out well, but a lot of other people in my club were complaining about massive FWD understeer. They just need to learn to tune a bit better though, I think.

Also, what time is GMT in respect to like, Eastern USA time? I'd love to race with you guys, as racing with people that are faster than me is one of the ways I got massively better when I picked this game up having never played a Forza game before. I'm gonna send you a friend request, my GT is whatcubed3

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Also, what time is GMT in respect to like, Eastern USA time? I'd love to race with you guys, as racing with people that are faster than me is one of the ways I got massively better when I picked this game up having never played a Forza game before. I'm gonna send you a friend request, my GT is whatcubed3

9:00 PM GMT

silverbullitt850
Mar 6, 2012

Hey you guys like to troll? I've got some pretty sick trolling skills. Just don't expect me to read anything.

-Colon Cowboy

2:00 pm, got it. I will try to be on, but I may have some obligations on campus. GT:TheCowboyJoe

silverbullitt850
Mar 6, 2012

Hey you guys like to troll? I've got some pretty sick trolling skills. Just don't expect me to read anything.

-Colon Cowboy
Why you shouldn't bring trucks and vans on Fujimi:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcKVEpqPkx4

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
When you're tuning a car for the ring, say at S700, generally speaking how much downforce should you run? Seems to me like it's a high downforce track but then again there are some spots where a higher top speed is preferable. Also allowing the car to move a bit seems to help in some cornering. I've got my aero set to about 80% downforce, in a car with Handling 6.5. Thoughts?

silverbullitt850 posted:

Why you shouldn't bring trucks and vans on Fujimi:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcKVEpqPkx4
You know you can make videos that are longer than 5 seconds, right?

GOD IS BED
Jun 17, 2010

ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON
:minnie:

College Slice
CHALLENGE MODE: swapped my gear shifter to the left side. Driving European and Japanese cars has never been so much fun and confusion. (my grammar is even confused)

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

I said come in! posted:

That's one of the big appeals of Forza Motorsport is that it has a lot of cars in it, many of them are cars that most people who own the game, actually own in real life.

I have a Ram Daytona, and they have the parts to make one out of the SRT-10. It's ridiculous because no one even knows what a Daytona is, they only made 11,000 total, and only like 1100 were two door cabs.

Turn 10 really gets it when it comes to catering to car enthusiasts.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
Yeah, with the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI, you can replace the front bumper with an IV (although the front lights on the IV are different) or V, and the rear wing from the IV.

Not quite as extensive as Gran Turismo 4 which had like every Lancer variation (GSR and RS) from I to VIII, but hey.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
When you tune a car, how do you make it less "floaty" and more "grounded to the ground"?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Stiffer suspension is the usual approach. Basically you want to reduce how much the body of the car moves when cornering.

Just be aware if you overdo it, you'll find you lose control whenever you hit a bump because it means the tires will lose adherence to the pavement, which means they provide less (or no) grip.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

xzzy posted:

Stiffer suspension is the usual approach. Basically you want to reduce how much the body of the car moves when cornering.

Just be aware if you overdo it, you'll find you lose control whenever you hit a bump because it means the tires will lose adherence to the pavement, which means they provide less (or no) grip.
Alright cool. I've been reading up on Differentials and ARBs and gear ratios, but hadn't really read much about the springs/shocks and setting bound/rebound.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

xzzy posted:

Also, making a car stiffer makes it hate curbs on tracks like Maple Valley and Nurburgring more, so if you're tuning a car for those, beware.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

Cannot Find Server posted:

Also, making a car stiffer makes it hate curbs on tracks like Maple Valley and Nurburgring more, so if you're tuning a car for those, beware.
Yeah I'm working on a car for the 'Ring which is why I'm battling with it's setup.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

That's why the Ring is the Ring. It's intensely technical, except it's littered with curbs that will punish all but the most compliant suspensions, and still demands a lot of horsepower for those long uphill runs / that straightaway.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

IOwnCalculus posted:

That's why the Ring is the Ring. It's intensely technical, except it's littered with curbs that will punish all but the most compliant suspensions, and still demands a lot of horsepower for those long uphill runs / that straightaway.
Yeah, I've found that you've got to start with a car with a high top speed rating and then just add handling and remove weight, or start with a car in a lower class that you can add some of both. The two cars I'm working on are the Jag D-Type and the most awesomest car in the game, the Spada Codatronca.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Epic amounts of downforce and ludicrous acceleration are what powers you through the ring.

And don't ever, EVER touch a curb. Slam on the brakes and come to a complete stop before you let yourself touch a curb.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

xzzy posted:

Epic amounts of downforce and ludicrous acceleration are what powers you through the ring.

And don't ever, EVER touch a curb. Slam on the brakes and come to a complete stop before you let yourself touch a curb.
I've spent plenty of game time on the Ring, just never tuned a fast car specifically for it.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

xzzy posted:

Curbs are fine on the ring, as long as you arent driving a heavy rear end car with high spring rates. You dont need to have overly stiff suspension on light cars.

Now forza 3, thats the game where the curbs on the ring launch you to the moon.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I think everyone goes through a "gotta conquer the ring" phase.

It's a pretty epic track, but its reputation is a little overblown. Finishing it is more about "oh god please don't let me die" (or in Forza terms, "please don't invalidate my lap") than actual racing. Especially in Forza, where you end up with a string of cars spread over five miles of track and everyone is basically driving solo.

Give me a 2 mile circuit with close racing over that, any day.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Turns out if everyone you're racing with actually knows the 'Ring, it's tight racing for 12 miles.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

xzzy posted:

I'm making a car for a competition.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
Game with Devs tonight at 6pm Pacific (9pm Eastern) for FM4 and Horizon.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

xzzy posted:

It's a pretty epic track, but its reputation is a little overblown. Finishing it is more about "oh god please don't let me die" (or in Forza terms, "please don't invalidate my lap") than actual racing. Especially in Forza, where you end up with a string of cars spread over five miles of track and everyone is basically driving solo.

Give me a 2 mile circuit with close racing over that, any day.

This is why FM5 needs 200 car online grids so we can do a simulated version of the ADAC 24h rennen nürburgring! :haw:

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Count Chocula took longer than Cap'n Crunch but it was surprisingly less than 100 layers. (Cap'n Crunch is 204)

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT

GutBomb posted:

Count Chocula took longer than Cap'n Crunch but it was surprisingly less than 100 layers. (Cap'n Crunch is 204)

I love this for two reasons, the cereal and the car. Nice job!

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Gutbomb made Captain Crunch for me, Captain Howdy. Because that's the way he rolls.
In this case, "CRUNCH" means guitar distortion.

Thanks, Gutbomb!

I need to make an Ibanez to put in his hand, though.

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Where did you learn to drive?
Captain Crunch with an Ibanez might be too awesome for one car to handle. I was going to make my bass tattoo into a vinyl group, but I never got around to finishing it. Instead, I just put Jaguars on everything.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

CaseFace McGee posted:

Captain Crunch with an Ibanez might be too awesome for one car to handle. I was going to make my bass tattoo into a vinyl group, but I never got around to finishing it. Instead, I just put Jaguars on everything.

That's a cool Caddy, but pink cars really are the best. I love my matte pink smart ForTwo, and crushing people in public lobbies with it is just too much fun.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

That's a cool Caddy, but pink cars really are the best. I love my matte pink smart ForTwo, and crushing people in public lobbies with it is just too much fun.

Am I doing this right?

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

GutBomb posted:

Am I doing this right?
Abso-loving-lutely!

PhancyPants
Nov 15, 2003

Hotdog Suit Up!

CaseFace McGee posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVxMKFjh1ns

Aw yeah, the prettiest 2-eleven on the planet :3.

You gotta treat her like a lady.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Who watched the new episode of Top Gear? I hope car rugby makes it into Forza 5.

• Locked thread