Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Same, they have more staff parking than they do student parking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

If you'd asked 13 year old me back in the 80s to draw the car I'd be driving IN THE FUTURE, it would probably have looked a lot like that. With that paintjob. I think that says more about me than it does the car.

Another terrible car thing is that website though. I tried to look at more and bigger pics but every time the page loads it greys out when the giant FEEDBACK tab comes up. I'd give them feedback about their lovely web design, but they don't like anonymous feedback and I can't be bothered to register. :effort:

Farmdizzle
May 26, 2009

Hagel satan
Grimey Drawer

Astroman posted:

Another terrible car thing is that website though. I tried to look at more and bigger pics but every time the page loads it greys out when the giant FEEDBACK tab comes up. I'd give them feedback about their lovely web design, but they don't like anonymous feedback and I can't be bothered to register. :effort:

Disable JavaScript in your browser and reload it.

e: Ahahaha it only gets worse, the decal on the passenger side is about 3" further forward than the one on the driver's side, and he painted the calipers with a lovely DupliColor caliper paint kit. Also, 7" screens in the headrests of a loving Saturn. ION. You can tell it's a Saturn because it says so across the windshield in 6" high letters. :thumbsup:

Farmdizzle fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Jan 24, 2013

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc

OSI bean dip posted:

Needs sirens.

Best way to not get your tools stolen spotted.

Bone_Enterprise
Aug 9, 2005

Inception Cigars
www.inceptioncigars.com

8th-samurai posted:

Best way to not get your tools stolen spotted.

Unless someone really hates bibles and sets the truck on fire.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
You would really think Bibleguy would drive a Chevrolet

or at least put on the badges

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

NOTinuyasha posted:

I like to think you can't get away with this sort of thing in the States.

Ahahahaha, oh man, that's a good one. Compared to some of the poo poo I see come through post sale inspection at the auction, those Russians are professionals.

Seizure Meat fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Jan 24, 2013

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

VikingSkull posted:

Ahahahaha, oh man, that's a good one. Compared to some of the poo poo I see come through post sale inspection at the auction, those Russians are professionals.

poo poo, in Florida I've seen cars that look like that driving around.

The before pictures, that is.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
What VW Phaeton Owners Complain About - Hooniverse

It must be amazing to have the kind of money that you have spare time to give a poo poo about whether the ashtrays under the audio system in your car pop out at the same speed.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Fucknag posted:

poo poo, in Florida I've seen cars that look like that driving around.

The before pictures, that is.

My favorite repairs I see occasionally are sectioned cars. We had a four door Honda Civic come through, late 90's, maybe a 98 or 99? Anyway, it had been plowed in the rear end. So they get a salvage car that must have had a destroyed front clip, chop the original car in half right behind the B pillar and do the same with the donor. Weld good front half to good rear half.

There, I fixed it!

It wasn't a bad job, but seeing the weld line across the floor panels under the car had me laughing for days. Also, if you pulled up the weather strip in the back you'd see the green of the donor car instead of the silver of the titled car, and the entire trunk area under the cargo mat was green. At least they installed a new roof skin on that particular car, we had one come through once that actually had the roof cut and welded. As long as it gets titled as a salvage car, it's perfectly legal to sell, register, and drive it that way.

e- content, sorry for the blurry pictures. My old work camera, the focus was so hosed. I've since got a new one. Yes, the top is wood.

Seizure Meat fucked around with this message at 10:49 on Jan 26, 2013

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

:stare:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/unfinished-project-cargo-transit-/261158942177

quote:

hi and welcome to my auction,
i have been working on this project for the past 2 years, but unfortunately i have lost my unit
so it has to go. gutted!
right this is what has been done,
the chassis, engine and running gear is off a ford cargo 0813 6 cylinder diesel and i have log book for that in my name.
i am the 2nd owner before that it was a prison wagon so has done no hard work,
the body is a ford transit crew cab with a transit van rear, and i have log book for that too in my name
so it would be up to you witch log book you use. weight of vehicle is 3.5 ton
also is a l200 pick up back with canopy. which has a 1 ton lifting ram on it, the fuel tank sits underneath it.
back does come off as seen in pics.
this vehicle does drive .
inside is a full leather interior out of an mercedes ambient 7 seater with flip down tv.
front lights are range rover sport ,the dash is standard transit that works with air clocks built in ceiling that work.
Right things that need to be done to finish,
wire up batteries to alternator , did buy 2 new ones for but have gone flat over the 2 years did try and charge them but no joy, so winner would have get new ones.
vehicle will start and drive with 2 boosters, for loading purposes. to collect this vehicle you would need a 7.5 ton recovery truck
indicators need wiring ,
oil temp and water temp needs wiring also speedo.
engine bay would need painting.
chassis has all been painted ,
exhaust would need lifting higher underbody , just for looks really .
also fix side steps on .
this vehicle makes a hummer look small, its a one off.
please no time wasters .
cash and pick up only. thanks for looking

Dr Frankenstein would be proud.

Collateral Damage fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Jan 27, 2013

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

I love these meta airbrush drawings with the truck they are on in them.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Sudo Echo posted:

I love these meta airbrush drawings with the truck they are on in them.

He's apparently from the Weatherford area (judging by the license plate frame), there's your answer. :v:

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005

What's wrong with that? It looks really well done to me. It's just kind of insane is all.

Aurune
Jun 17, 2006

http://i.imgur.com/BbFHQ04.jpg

Every cheap piece of tacky plastic poo poo you can buy for your trunk on one SUV. I especially like the air deflector combined with the hood scoops.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Aurune posted:

Every cheap piece of tacky plastic poo poo you can buy for your trunk on one SUV. I especially like the air deflector combined with the hood scoops.

Extra Ford badges and even a dash rug. Ugh.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Hey now if your dash pad is cracked in multiple places, a dash rug is a good way to cover it up. :colbert:

... until you pop the passenger side air bag in an accident :v:

I had one of them in my F-150, but the dash had a huge hole in it right in the middle... dash had pinholes in it so that a mono speaker could be mounted under it, that poo poo fell right apart

Fermunky
May 30, 2003

The monkey is NOT impressed...

Aurune posted:

No fake chrome gas door cover :colbert:

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender

Found this on the weekend outside of a flea market.

astrollinthepork
Sep 24, 2007

When you come at the king, you best not miss, snitch

HE KNOWS

2009.jpg

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Posts from the funny pics thread in PYF:

Tide posted:

Labs are such big goofy dumb dogs. I love 'em :3:

Ouch:

Palpek posted:

You guys don't get it. It's the newest car pimping trend.

Clearly the second one is 'art', but still, :stare:

Blitter
Mar 16, 2011

I was having a smoke and it was -30C and windy as hell, so I wandered off to get out of the wind.

Oh!

(full size image here)

(full size image here)

• Bad Camo paint
  • 2 x Grappling hooks and rope (only visible on the driver side photo if barely, but was present on both sides)
  • 2 x Baseball bats
  • Pick axe
  • Double bladed axe
  • Small shovel
  • A big rack of various sledges, pitchforks and unidentifiable pointy objects on poles (racked in the back)

This was the day before Christmas which made it seem even stranger.

I planned on getting better pics and hopefully spotting the owner/occupants but they were gone before I was up.
[edit: now original images with blinding fingat]

Blitter fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Jan 30, 2013

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^
that is the worst "watermark" or whatever I have ever seen

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

astrollinthepork posted:

The Internet is leaking

I don't see a single reference to bacon anywhere on either of those cars. Slackers.

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

Hey FedEx, how dare you deliver something before your "delivered by" time.

Octopus Magic posted:

that is the worst "watermark" or whatever I have ever seen

He just said it was to cover up his thumb being in the picture.

Physical
Sep 26, 2007

by T. Finninho

JP Money posted:

He just said it was to cover up his thumb being in the picture.
Yea just leave the stupid thumb.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Blitter posted:

I was having a smoke and it was -30C and windy as hell, so I wandered off to get out of the wind.

Oh!

(full size image here)

(full size image here)

• Bad Camo paint
  • 2 x Grappling hooks and rope (only visible on the driver side photo if barely, but was present on both sides)
  • 2 x Baseball bats
  • Pick axe
  • Double bladed axe
  • Small shovel
  • A big rack of various sledges, pitchforks and unidentifiable pointy objects on poles (racked in the back)

This was the day before Christmas which made it seem even stranger.

I planned on getting better pics and hopefully spotting the owner/occupants but they were gone before I was up.
[edit: now original images with blinding fingat]

It might be A Thing. Saw this last fall at my local car show:

...although this was worse. Why must bodyworking skills be so inversely proportional to good taste?

PainterofCrap fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Jan 30, 2013

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

This happened.

quote:

A Corvette owner said he was almost carjacked at gun point, but the would-be thieves ran away, because they couldn't figure out how to drive his car.

Manual transmissions are a mystery to American youth these days.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

Of all the cars I've seen that have been labeled an abomination I think this really sets the standard.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
I actually like the sheer corniness of the front end but he should have left the truck bed open.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
I'd drive the poo poo out of that truck, just sayin'

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones
That truck owns.

Pseudonym posted:

Clearly the second one is 'art', but still, :stare:

I'm pretty sure that Audi isn't art, at least not purposefully so. I can't find the news article, but I think I read somewhere that this was an act of revenge. There are other images on the web that show confused police officers standing next to it:

Sir Cornelius
Oct 30, 2011

parrhesia posted:

That truck owns.

I'm pretty sure that Audi isn't art, at least not purposefully so.

It's from Bulgaria, so it's probably just a unusually weak mafia warning.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

I like to think he was driving behind a truck carrying loads of pickaxes, and they started falling off the back of it.

A Sloth
Aug 4, 2010
EVERY TIME I POST I AM REQUIRED TO DISCLOSE THAT I AM A SHITHEAD.

ASK ME MY EXPERT OPINION ON GENDER BASED INSULTS & "ENGLISH ETHNIC GROUPS".

:banme:
Trotsky's new set of wheels.

EDIT: No, that was an ice pick. :downs:

This Stalin car is terribly kitsch.

http://englishrussia.com/2007/04/27/stalin-car/

:D

A Sloth fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Jan 30, 2013

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

VikingSkull posted:

I'd drive the poo poo out of that truck, just sayin'

I only hate the extra row of lights and stuff above the rear bumper.

Polymerized Cum
May 5, 2012

San Andreas was fun as hell.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
I like how they did the exhaust ports on that truck, does that make me a bad person?

And yeah I could've done without the lights over the bumper, but I like it otherwise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe
OH jesus. I sincerely hope the 59' caddy the guy butchered to make that was beyond restorable, but considering how straight the pieces are...