Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

Just picked mine up in Surrey at Guildford mall. Bonus: Didn't get shot!

Looks like they had about 10 copies shelved with 10 books. I'm so proud right now :canada:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010

The Fisher King posted:

wahh?!

I'll be pissed if only some of America breaks street date...All or nothing dammit!

This is just a rumor, so take it with a grain of salt. But I've heard that the street date breaking in the US was the result of some conference call. Maybe NoA just decided to break the street date since it was in Canada?

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

SC Bracer posted:

NY and CT seem to have the game too. Nintendo what are you doing!?
Whoa whoa whoa. :flag: on the play.

Seriously? Now I really need to acquire this game. And a 3DS. And money to pay for both and the DLC. :smith:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Boneless Jogger posted:

This is just a rumor, so take it with a grain of salt. But I've heard that the street date breaking in the US was the result of some conference call. Maybe NoA just decided to break the street date since it was in Canada?
If I have a pre-order, will I get some sort of call if my area decides to go 'gently caress the street date' or?

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

If Nintendo breaks the street date for the US I would totally cancel my amazon order and use their lovely eshop.

Mordecai
May 18, 2003

Known throughout the world! Chop people's head off to the ground! Angry eyes that frighten people! Dragon among humans, king of dragons... Manchurian Derp Deity, Ha Che'er.
Anyone know if Chrom's +10% dual attack rate is referring to pair up, adjacency, or both?

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Endorph posted:

If I have a pre-order, will I get some sort of call if my area decides to go 'gently caress the street date' or?

When I picked my game, the clerk was all "I guess I should start calling people who pre-ordered".

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Mordecai posted:

Anyone know if Chrom's +10% dual attack rate is referring to pair up, adjacency, or both?

Those both generate Dual Attacks, so it should be both. Dual Attack is any time the supporting character makes an attack.

Roguelike
Jul 29, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER
According to gamefaqs (yeah, yeah) and the guy I talked to at gamestop (yeah, yeah), at least Gamestop's position seems to be "sell 'em if you got 'em, there is no street date."

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Pomp posted:

There must be some sort of flaw with this game that isn't a few character designs.

Well, they changed the Character Recruitment theme to be more subdued and majestic, rather than HECK YEAH NEW PARTY MEMBERS. Whether or not that's good or not, well, that's up to you. It's called Crossroads.

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!

Terper posted:

Well, they changed the Character Recruitment theme to be more subdued and majestic, rather than HECK YEAH NEW PARTY MEMBERS. Whether or not that's good or not, well, that's up to you. It's called Crossroads.

I like it. :allears: Then again, I like this entire soundtrack.

Now all I need is the streetdate getting lifted on the eshop too aaaaaaaa

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

Terper posted:

That is really damned good.

Every single thing I learn about this game just makes me more and more ridiculously hyped up for it.

PlotDevice
Oct 10, 2007

*For the Ghost Who Flies Through Space

Roguelike posted:

According to gamefaqs (yeah, yeah) and the guy I talked to at gamestop (yeah, yeah), at least Gamestop's position seems to be "sell 'em if you got 'em, there is no street date."

I am 30 years old why am I calling Gamestops to see if anyone has broken street date. :(

Freaking tactical RPG addiction.

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
Uh well, someone linked me a reddit post saying that the street date's been lifted, and GameStop will be selling as soon as they get their shipments. So it depends on the store now.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

DrManiac posted:

If Nintendo breaks the street date for the US I would totally cancel my amazon order and use their lovely eshop.

Nintendo wouldn't be the one breaking the street date, if indeed there is a street date, so the eShop version isn't gonna arrive any earlier or later than previously announced.

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~

RuBisCO posted:

Just picked mine up in Surrey at Guildford mall. Bonus: Didn't get shot!

Looks like they had about 10 copies shelved with 10 books. I'm so proud right now :canada:.

drat son, you play pretty fast and loose with your life.

I got mine just fine at the EB in Strawberry Hills :canada:.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

I'm flipping through the pre-order artbook and it's surprisingly high quality for an 8 page book of animes. It's all full colour glossy, and even the cover is pretty cool with all the embossing.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Called my local (American) gamestop and they confirmed they'll be selling as soon as they have the game, but none of the stores in the area have it.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

I swear I will gather an army of dragons and suddenly invade Canada for this slight. :argh:

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

cheetah7071 posted:

Called my local (American) gamestop and they confirmed they'll be selling as soon as they have the game, but none of the stores in the area have it.

Same here pretty much, going to call again tomorrow since the guy said they get their shipments in around noon.

Turncoat Mommy
Oct 3, 2010

I believe in you.
This is a clusterfuck but I'll be damned if I'm not going to check all my local gamestops anyway.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
I kind of regret preordering the bundle online now. Should have raided a local store! :argh:

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

cheetah7071 posted:

My Gamestop just said they didn't have it. In Miami.
I want Fire Emblem guys. :(

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Terper posted:

This is excellent.

I can't believe it, I normally don't like to get this hyped but this game is just not showing me any flaws. (Besides those couple of character designs, yeah.)

I don't know what I'm going to do about my Amazon pre-order; it's still saying I should get it on 2/6, and I guess I'm willing to wait 2 extra days for a physical copy...

Arctic Cress
Oct 23, 2010

Guess I'm calling Gamestop tomorrow morning. Could pick it up in-between classes if they have it.

Pine Bamboo Plum
Nov 5, 2009
I checked my GameStop in Berkeley, and they think they will have theirs in on Friday...but will not break street date as of yet. They haven't heard anything about being able to sell as soon as they get their shipment in, and that they could actually be fined for doing such. Are any US stores breaking street date yet, and why would some plan to and others not?

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Slate Action posted:

This is excellent.

I can't believe it, I normally don't like to get this hyped but this game is just not showing me any flaws. (Besides those couple of character designs, yeah.)

I don't know what I'm going to do about my Amazon pre-order; it's still saying I should get it on 2/6, and I guess I'm willing to wait 2 extra days for a physical copy...

I'm in the same boat with Amazon. If local stores are breaking street date though, I may cancel and grab one at Gamestop. I emailed Amazon support to ask about the street date stuff and they insisted it would ship on 2/4 and arrive 2/6.

Sgriosadair
Jan 4, 2013

SOINVLKSEQYTNVKDVI
PDENVOVMSLGVNVKOU
OIHGJHKHLVNOWOPJT

Levantine posted:

I'm in the same boat with Amazon. If local stores are breaking street date though, I may cancel and grab one at Gamestop. I emailed Amazon support to ask about the street date stuff and they insisted it would ship on 2/4 and arrive 2/6.

I've pre-ordered from Amazon a lot in the past (I'm a prime member) and it does arrive on day of release if you get "release day" delivery.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Pine Bamboo Plum posted:

I checked my GameStop in Berkeley, and they think they will have theirs in on Friday...but will not break street date as of yet. They haven't heard anything about being able to sell as soon as they get their shipment in, and that they could actually be fined for doing such. Are any US stores breaking street date yet, and why would some plan to and others not?

It's possible Nintendo still street dated them in the US.

The shipments are different after all, since Canadian copies get bilingual packaging.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Sgriosadair posted:

I've pre-ordered from Amazon a lot in the past (I'm a prime member) and it does arrive on day of release if you get "release day" delivery.

Fire Emblem does not have it. In fact, they are advertising delays. I'm a Prime member which means I just default to 'release day' and unfortunately it just isn't in the cards this time.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Aphrodite posted:

The shipments are different after all, since Canadian copies get bilingual packaging.

Really? I remember a few games I bought in the US having French and English on the box and in the manual (e.g., Trauma Team, Devil Survivor 2, P4G).

It might be an Atlus thing though.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

One little UI thing I really like is that you can choose to see the range of all enemies, which shows up in pink, then look at the ranges of specific enemies inside that, which show up in red. It's handy.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Cake Attack posted:

One little UI thing I really like is that you can choose to see the range of all enemies, which shows up in pink, then look at the ranges of specific enemies inside that, which show up in red. It's handy.

What's the story about changing map BGMs? I noticed it in the demo option menu but it was greyed out there. Is it SRW style where you can just change whatever or only in certain maps?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Levantine posted:

What's the story about changing map BGMs? I noticed it in the demo option menu but it was greyed out there. Is it SRW style where you can just change whatever or only in certain maps?

I think it's for special maps only, it's greyed out for me right now.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

I'm already loving Chrom and Fred's C rank support. This game. :allears:

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

The chapter 3 boss just landed a critical hit on my unit.

his critical hit chance is 1%

Fire emblem...:shepicide:

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Today we learned that Canadians are cruel.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

Levantine posted:

Fire Emblem does not have it. In fact, they are advertising delays. I'm a Prime member which means I just default to 'release day' and unfortunately it just isn't in the cards this time.

Getting it the next day is totally fine by me, as long as we don't end up waiting a week.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty

Aphrodite posted:

Just got back from my Gamestop. According to the clerk, Gamestop in the US was not given any street date in the US. Stores could sell them whenever the games arrive. That being said, in my case, he doesn't have any tracking info which means either:

Gamestop corporate hasn't sent the shipment yet, likely meaning the store won't get it too early

or

Gamestop corporate is overnighting the shipment in which case the store wouldn't get tracking info.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

JackDarko posted:

Getting it the next day is totally fine by me, as long as we don't end up waiting a week.

Yeah, it looks like they are treating 2/4 as the ship date and everything goes from there. I'm like little kid excited so any waiting is hard :v:

• Locked thread