Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Kush posted:

Here's 'Upside Nmoo', with JJ Abrams providing some cool scifi lens flares.

Upside Nmoo... wow.

This is so silly, they could have at least picked a better font to make it more obviously "upside down".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WITNESS THE POWER!
Jun 13, 2009

Why don't you go get a glass of orange juice and spill it all over yourself like a big dumb baby

This just makes me uncomfortable.

Cinnamon Bastard
Dec 15, 2006

But that totally wasn't my fault. You shouldn't even be able to put the car in gear with the bar open.
Jim Carrey? I'm sold.

edit: wait, is that Buscemi on the poster?! His face is so... smooth.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Cinnamon Bastard posted:

Jim Carrey? I'm sold.

I was trying to identify the other two actors in the poster as I didn't see their names in the credits. Then I realised that I did see their names. That is either amazing makeup or a lovely photoshop job.

VoidBurger
Jul 18, 2008

A leap into the void.
The burger in space.
How in the world did they turn Steve Buscemi into David Bowie? Impressive stuff!

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?

WITNESS THE POWER! posted:

Everything about this is awesome. Seems to suit the movie pretty well.

Cinnamon Bastard
Dec 15, 2006

But that totally wasn't my fault. You shouldn't even be able to put the car in gear with the bar open.

Madkal posted:

I was trying to identify the other two actors in the poster as I didn't see their names in the credits. Then I realised that I did see their names. That is either amazing makeup or a lovely photoshop job.

I remember seeing something about this movie, and the tiny bit I remember is that the main guys are done up in facial prosthesis to look like they're held together by plastic surgery.

I have a feeling this is this decades Zoolander, and we just don't see it yet.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
e: ^^^ beaten, kinda.

I think the ridiculous airbrushing works and I suspect it's intentional. Aren't they supposed to be vain magicians?

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
Absolutely love the poster, even though I don't think I'd ever buy it. It definetely shows off what I assume the movie is trying to show off; ridiculous older magicians trying to flaunt themselves off as young and hip.

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Why does Bradley Cooper look like Ralph Fiennes there?
I'm seeing a bit of Steve Carell too. Maybe just in the thumbnail.

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!
With this and Kick-rear end 2, this could be Jim Carrey's year.

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Something about this feels kinda hinky

VoidBurger posted:

How in the world did they turn Steve Buscemi into David Bowie? Impressive stuff!

Magic, duh.

tliil
Jan 13, 2013

CaptainHollywood posted:

With this and Kick-rear end 2, this could be Jim Carrey's year.
Finally Jim Carrey's chance to shine as an outrageous character dressed in a wacky costume!

ZackHoagie
Dec 25, 2007

now eat him.

Cinnamon Bastard posted:

Smoothscemi.

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

ZackHoagie posted:

Smoothscemi.

More like Buschimmer. :swoon:

Cinnamon Bastard
Dec 15, 2006

tliil posted:

Finally Jim Carrey's chance to shine as an outrageous character dressed in a wacky costume!

When I was a kid, and The Mask came out, there was a magazine article that referred to Jim Carrey as "the rubber-faced actor who...".

I had to correct my step-cousin, repeatedly, that that the green-face was makeup, and that the phrase meant that Carrey was very expressive and that that ability to create extreme facial expressions was part of what he was known for, rather than her belief that he had actually had his face permanently and surgically replaced with an artificial soft silicone rubber for the purpose of furthering his career.

My step family is a few chromosomes short of a salamander, if you follow my meaning.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

So, is the trick that they turned Jim Carey into James Franco's father?

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Lizard Combatant posted:

Upside Nmoo... wow.

This is so silly, they could have at least picked a better font to make it more obviously "upside down".

I think you meant to say "Upside Nmoo... :wom:"

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Kush posted:

Here's 'Upside Nmoo', with JJ Abrams providing some cool scifi lens flares.

Oh this thing, I thought they'd dump it in February with the rest of the dreck; I haven't enjoyed shredding a screener that much since Tree of Life.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 21 hours!

Hasters posted:

Oh this thing, I thought they'd dump it in February with the rest of the dreck; I haven't enjoyed shredding a screener that much since Tree of Life.

Nah, as I understand it from Half in the Bag the trend in movies is 'gently caress You, It's January'. 'gently caress You, It's Now February' is less common but still a thing.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Hasters posted:

I haven't enjoyed shredding a screener that much since Tree of Life.

Wait, I don't understand: is it a bad movie or not? :confused:

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Max22 posted:

It's a bad movie and Hasters has poor taste.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Max22 posted:

It's pretty bad. It thinks it's clever using up and down planets to stand in for social classes, but it comes off as a really shallow gimmick; hell the Total Recall remake used that trope more effectively. Oh and the "rules of matter" on the planets exist solely to fill plot holes that the writer wasn't smart enough to close, instead of emerging organically from the world. For example matter from one world spontaneously combusts after being in contact with the other worlds gravitational field for too long. Why? Who knows? What does gravity have to do with spontaneous combustion? It's never explained; and are we seriously supposed to believe that no one in the history of these two worlds ever had sex with someone from the opposite planet!

Bugblatter posted:

It's a bad movie and Hasters has poor taste.

If it means I never have to see ToL again, then I embrace my classlessness.

Gynocentric Regime fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Jan 30, 2013

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Why are you spoilering things which are fundamental to the premise of the movie?

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Mister Chief posted:

Why are you spoilering things which are fundamental to the premise of the movie?

Just in case someone wants to actually see it and stay ignorant going in, I have friends who won't even watch commercials and trailers so I've taken to being extra cautious, sorry about that.

Gynocentric Regime fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Jan 30, 2013

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

When it's poster/trailer level stuff I don't consider it spoiler worthy and that is coming from someone who basically doesn't watch trailers any more because of them.

twoot
Oct 29, 2012

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

DNS posted:

The pine trees above the title are a little cutesy, but they're also in the trailer and I thought that was a nice touch there.

I know that's what they are, but all I see is some arrows pointing at Ryan Gosling.

BOAT SHOWBOAT
Oct 11, 2007

who do you carry the torch for, my young man?

This looks terrible in a small size, but it'll be awesome when I see it in person as a full poster.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Steve Buscemi and Willem Dafoe had a magician.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

zenintrude posted:

Steve Buscemi and Willem Dafoe had a magician.
I can't not see Christopher McDonald instead of Buscemi in that poster.

Palpatine MD
Jan 31, 2012

Passionate about your involuntary euthanasia.

For a dark and terrible second my mind registered Olivia Wilde as being the middle one on the poster.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

BOAT SHOWBOAT posted:

This looks terrible in a small size, but it'll be awesome when I see it in person as a full poster.

Haha. I think the design of the teaser spoiled all of us.

It's definitely eye-catching, but I don't think glitch art is going to get people into theaters.

Actually, I think it's more like eye-averting because my eyes feel pain when I look at it.

GazChap
Dec 4, 2004

I'm hungry. Feed me.

CaptainHollywood posted:

I actually really liked the original poster. Dog and all. In fact judging by the poster http://www.imdb.com/media/rm2241374208/tt1931533 - they ADDED a gun to Colin Ferrell. Terrible. Awful.
I've seen this film twice, and I don't actually remember Colin Farrell's character holding a gun at any point during the film, even.

Am I dumb?

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

GazChap posted:

I've seen this film twice, and I don't actually remember Colin Farrell's character holding a gun at any point during the film, even.

Am I dumb?

Maybe during Billy's dream sequence?

User-Friendly
Apr 27, 2008

Is There a God? (Pt. 9)

GazChap posted:

Am I dumb?

That hardly matters to poster designers:

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

I'm on my phone, but I'm seeing Bruce Willis where Buscemi should be.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

User-Friendly posted:

That hardly matters to poster designers:

Never knew Clive Owen did a claymation movie.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
What the hell happened to Clive Owen, anyways? He was hot poo poo for a period of about two years then completely disappeared off the face of the earth aside from tiny C-list movies after Shoot 'Em Up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

WickedIcon posted:

What the hell happened to Clive Owen, anyways? He was hot poo poo for a period of about two years then completely disappeared off the face of the earth aside from tiny C-list movies after Shoot 'Em Up.

I actually first saw him in those BMW short films, and I loved him in Sin City and the like. He even got a loving Oscar nomination for Closer. I think, honestly, not getting or seeking the Bond job is what did him in, though I knew he didn't want to do it for fear of typecasting. Maybe he's doing a lot of theatre?