Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

bam thwok posted:

Better to give me your resume so I can submit it. It'll make sure you get an interview too.

Doesn't look like you have PMs. My e-mail is parksdale AT gmail.com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suck a Dick No Homo
Apr 22, 2008
JOB OPENING

Magento Web Developer
Position Type: Full-Time (annual salary)
Experience Required: 1 - 3 Years

Short summary:
We are looking for a candidate with some experience help maintain a Magento ecommerce platform. Experience working with Magento required, everything else, we can work with. More info and contact me through the craigslist posting:

http://newyork.craigslist.org/que/web/3576963719.html

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

bam thwok posted:

Better to give me your resume so I can submit it. It'll make sure you get an interview too.

I've tried to contact you in the past, but unfortunately I applied for a handful of ABC jobs yesterday before reading your post this time.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

kloa posted:

Doesn't look like you have PMs. My e-mail is parksdale AT gmail.com

Check bam thwok's previous posts in this thread (click the question mark below his name on the left), he's posted his email here before. Great guy and he'll help out however he can.

bam thwok
Sep 20, 2005
I sure hope I don't get banned

MJBuddy posted:

I've tried to contact you in the past, but unfortunately I applied for a handful of ABC jobs yesterday before reading your post this time.

If I've missed an email from you, sorry!

It's not too late to reap a referral.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

bam thwok posted:

If I've missed an email from you, sorry!

It's not too late to reap a referral.

Hey Bam, I emailed you last night but I think I forgot to include my username from here. I'm the guy begging for Systems analysis jobs.

bam thwok
Sep 20, 2005
I sure hope I don't get banned

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

Hey Bam, I emailed you last night but I think I forgot to include my username from here. I'm the guy begging for Systems analysis jobs.

Replied, I think.

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

I love how like five political science majors in a row post as "job seekers" with no reply and the computer science guy snatches something up like that.

And by love I mean "hate but feel sympathy for," since I was a freshly graduated English major not even a year ago. Thankfully I found something relevant to my degree that pays well and has benefits.

My company hires for liberal artsy fartsy research jobs too. I majored in Policy Analysis and Economics; for this job, they want smart people who can write and not poo poo themselves when asked to use Excel and Powerpoint. If you majored in Classics there's room for you here. Fair warning though, this department is a bit of an Ivy-league and Ivy-like club, as the one coworker in my department I know of who studied classics did so at Harvard.

https://corporate-advisory.icims.com/jobs/6886/job

edit: ah gently caress it, here's every open position we've got. Have at it goons. Send emails with your resume to gaffind at advisory.com.

https://corporate-advisory.icims.com/jobs/search?ss=1&searchKeyword=&searchLocation=&searchCategory=

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

bam thwok posted:

edit: ah gently caress it, here's every open position we've got. Have at it goons. Send emails with your resume to gaffind at advisory.com.

https://corporate-advisory.icims.com/jobs/search?ss=1&searchKeyword=&searchLocation=&searchCategory=

If I see multiple positions I think I might qualify for, should I email you with just a list of what they are along with my resume? And should I also apply online, or just hand my resume off to you?

Thanks!

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Dogfish posted:

Job Seeker (posting on behalf of my partner)

Education: B.A. in Political Science, M.Sc. in Environment and Resource Management.

Experience: 1 year of consulting and social media management with an eco-consulting firm, six months of international project management before that. He is also active in community environmental organizations on a volunteer basis and regularly contributes content to environmental publications, both online and in print.

Requirements: Full-time, in Ottawa or within commuting distance from Ottawa.

When He Can Start: Within two weeks.

What He's Looking For: Environmental projects in the public, private, or nonprofit sectors.

Do they speak French

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

I love how like five political science majors in a row post as "job seekers" with no reply and the computer science guy snatches something up like that.

And by love I mean "hate but feel sympathy for," since I was a freshly graduated English major not even a year ago. Thankfully I found something relevant to my degree that pays well and has benefits.

There was also an electrical engineer asking for something that pays 15 bucks an hour. Sometimes majors don't matter

My Rhythmic Crotch
Jan 13, 2011

Job Seeker

Education: Bachelor's in EE from Oklahoma State university

Experience: I've worked since 2006 on diverse high technology projects. I have done low-level hardware stuff - circuit design, board layout, writing firmware in C and assembly. Lately I do higher level stuff - integrating electronic systems but with a heavy focus on the software side. I'm comfortable with Linux and Python is my favorite language. I actively learn new software technologies on my own, preferring to focus on open source stuff. If there is electricity flowing through it, or software running on it, more than likely I can develop it, integrate it, and troubleshoot it.

Requirements: Full time or contract

Can Start: Soonish, but I need to finish my current contract and not sure exactly when it will wrap up.

Looking For: I would like to either stay in Czech Republic and telecommute or relocate to the Denver area. I love an environment where the manager basically says "I have this problem, I have no idea how to make it work, just figure it out and come back to me when it meets all the criteria".

Not Looking For: A stuffy bureaucratic environment, desktop support, etc.

Dogfish
Nov 4, 2009

sbaldrick posted:

Do they speak French

He is competent but not fluent in French, i.e. a job mostly in French wouldn't be a good fit for him, but meetings, etc. in French would likely not be a barrier.

Also, we just found out there's a possibility we might be staying in the GTA so I'm reposting his info in case someone has anything in that area.

quote:

Job Seeker (posting on behalf of my partner)

Education: B.A. in Political Science, M.Sc. in Environment and Resource Management.

Experience: 1 year of consulting and social media management with an eco-consulting firm, six months of international project management before that. He is also active in community environmental organizations on a volunteer basis and regularly contributes content to environmental publications, both online and in print.

Requirements: Full-time or contract position

When He Can Start: Immediately

What He's Looking For: Environmental projects in the public, private, or nonprofit sectors.

dietcokefiend
Apr 28, 2004
HEY ILL HAV 2 TXT U L8TR I JUST DROVE IN 2 A DAYCARE AND SCRATCHED MY RAZR
My company is looking to add on an additional employee who's local to the Cincinnati, OH area. If you like playing with computers, think if it like a wonderland of hardware that few people get to play around with. http://www.storagereview.com/storagereview_enterprise_test_lab

quote:

StorageReview is looking to hire an entry-level technical writer located in the Cincinnati lab for full time employment. Applicants should have a detailed understanding of popular tech trends and while storage experience is not required, understanding basic concepts around hard drives, SSDs, etc. is greatly preferred. Duties will include covering storage news, contributing to and/or writing product reviews and other associated tasks. Travel is not required however there may be opportunity to go to trade shows and the like in the future. Interested parties should email a current resume, cover letter and writing samples to info@storagereview.com

Requirements: Full-time and local to the Cincinnati, OH area

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
Job Seeker

Education: Bachelor's in English Literature from Cal Poly Pomona.

Experience: I'm currently serving in a political campaign internship. I've also have several years experience working part-time.

Requirements: Full time, part time, or contract.

Can Start: ASAP

Looking For: Something where I could best take advantage of my extensive expository writing skills. Office work, notary, website content, etc.

Not Looking For: Warehouse work. Other than that, I'm open to a lot of things.

Contact: PM or detatchablejaws@aol.com. Resume and writing portfolio upon request!

EDIT: typos. Oh, the irony...

Benny the Snake fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Feb 4, 2013

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

Job Seeker

Education: BA in Psychology and Social Sciences

My experience: I've been a jack of all trades and have a little experience in a little of everything. Light office work for three years, teaching for three, back of the house Restaurant and catering for three, and even point of sales for six months. I have also worked in the mental health field as a caregiver. I spent three years overseas and if I can do that and survive, I believe I can do anything.

What I'm looking for: I'm looking for a job with stable hours and a good enough starting wage that I don't need overtime or a second job in order to survive. I'm looking to get out of low wage blue collar work forever or I'm likely to go back abroad permanently.

What I'm NOT looking for: I would literally do anything if it paid well enough. I'm not looking for a job with less than forty hours a week or a low enough wage that I need to find a second job.

Requirements: Full-time.

Availability: ASAP.

Can be reached via: tekjansen at email dot com

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer
Job Opening

Electrical Tech

We are a manufacturer of custom electronic control systems, and automation systems. We are looking for a Electrical Tech/Electrical Designer. Responsibilities include panel design, soldering, documentation of layouts, assembly and testing. Position requires little to no travel, Compensation based on abilities. Paid holidays, paid vacation, health insurance, 401 k.

40-50 hours a week.

Mail resume to acleveringa@vbssys.com

Any questions you can PM me here as well.

ChickenSuit
Apr 2, 2002

"You know I love you back."
Job Seeker

Education: High school and some college

Experience: Seven plus years of screen printing. Mostly textiles, some paper. I'm also proficient with photoshop and illustrator in regards to printing. Designing new images, separating files for films, and recreating art from poor quality material.

Requirements: Part time or contract

Looking For: Anything that will keep my skills sharp.

Full disclosure: I, along with my business partner are opening a print shop soon that focuses mostly on helping local artists. Providing them with access to materials and equipment they wouldn't have otherwise. It's taking longer than we planned hence why I'm looking for something. The work would NOT need to be temporary despite that.

Betazoid
Aug 3, 2010

Hallo. Ik ben een leeuw.
Job Seeker

Location: Washington DC metro area (currently northern Virginia)

Education: Master of Fine Arts, creative writing; Bachelor of Arts, English (both from quality institutions)

Experience:
- three years teaching writing, literature, and research at an award-winning community college
- two years teaching during graduate school
- experience with part-time work doing data entry, tutoring, and office work
- currently tutoring elementary school students in reading and phonics

Requirements: full-time, $35k+, room for growth

Can start: ASAP

My strengths: Creative, excellent written/verbal communication skills, very good listener, quick problem-solver, extremely organized, friendly, and a team player. I would like to use my teaching experience in writing, demonstrating, explaining, and evaluating to make a difference in the world.

bam thwok posted:

My company hires for liberal artsy fartsy research jobs too. I majored in Policy Analysis and Economics; for this job, they want smart people who can write and not poo poo themselves when asked to use Excel and Powerpoint. If you majored in Classics there's room for you here. Fair warning though, this department is a bit of an Ivy-league and Ivy-like club, as the one coworker in my department I know of who studied classics did so at Harvard.

https://corporate-advisory.icims.com/jobs/6886/job

I am just about as far as you can get from Ivy League, but I killed my southern accent for the most part and I'm nice. I will be sending you my resume as well as applying online. Thanks! :)

Betazoid fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Feb 8, 2013

peanutbutter
Mar 27, 2010
JOB OPENINGS:

What: iOS Developer
Where: Toronto, ON or Waterloo, ON
Who: A VC backed start-up/offers stock and competitive salary! Founded and invested in by the major players in the mobile, social and payments industries.

JOB OPENINGS:

What: Software Developer
Where: Toronto, ON or Mississauga, ON
Who: Empathica https://www.empathica.com

JOB OPENINGS:

What: Web Engineer
Where: Montreal
Who: Hopper
Contact: email me! lara.wicking at gmail for more information

JOB OPENINGS:

What: Web App Developer
Where: Waterloo
Who: Kik Interactive

JOB OPENINGS:

What: DevOps Engineer
Where: Waterloo
Who: Kik Interactive

JOB OPENINGS:

What: Director of Technology/Engineering/Software Development
Where: Toronto, ON
Who: e-mail lara.wicking at gmail for more information

archangelwar
Oct 28, 2004

Teaching Moments
Job Opening

Where: New York City and Baltimore, MD
What: Software Engineer - Java and Web Application Developers (RoR/Javascript)

We are a maturing startup that has a very promising big data/analytics product that is beginning to gain traction in the financial industry. We have openings in both New York and Baltimore, but I am most concerned about finding my product R&D partner in NYC. You can PM me, or email me at archangel_war at hotmail for more information concerning the company, product, and our openings.

Edit: For a little more info... The company is well funded, and the CEO has founded multiple successful companies in his past, although this is by far the one he spends most of his energy on. We are flexible in terms of salary vs. equity for full time employees, and offer the single best benefits package I have ever personally experienced (100% covered health care, life/disability insurance, 401k, vacation + holidays, etc.) Our product is currently in pilot and we are looking to expand our offering.

For Java developers, we are looking for a diverse background and mid-senior level guys.

For Web App developers, we are hoping to bring on board guys who are mid-senior level who have experience with highly interactive web apps and advanced visualization concepts.

archangelwar fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Feb 10, 2013

John Cenas Jorts
Dec 21, 2012
nvm

John Cenas Jorts fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Apr 8, 2013

chanela1786
Nov 1, 2006
Everything tastes better with rabies!

Education: Some college, currently working on my Bachelor's in Zoology/General Biology.

Experience: 1 year customer service experience, 1 year in providing in- home care, 2 years secretarial experience.

Open to relocation?: Yes, within continental United States.

Positions looking for?: Any.

I have been out of the labor force since starting college in 2009. While my work experience is not much, I have been greatly involved in extracurriculars and have a wealth of additional skills such as news copy editing and feature writing. I am an excellent worker, just looking for a shot in a weak job market :mad:.

the_rhino
May 8, 2007

And then the LORD said unto them "Thou shall sit and thou shall spin."
Job Seeker

Education: B.A. in History, UMass Dartmouth

Experience: I've worked as a bus boy, dish washer, waiter, retail sales associate, retail print dept. associate, and now I am a retail print department manager. I supervise a staff of 1 other full-time associate, and 5 part-time associates. In this role, I am responsible for all customer service issues, quality-checking orders, ordering supplies, maintaining equipment (Xerox, GBC, Canon) and placing service calls and follow-ups as needed. I am proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Publisher, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook). I am skilled in the use of Adobe Photoshop, and have experience using Adobe Illustrator and Adobe InDesign. I've used the software mentioned to create a variety of documents - boiler-plate forms, NCR forms, business cards, pamphlets, booklets, stickers, ...etc. I created a label/sticker that is in use by all store in the company I work for that are used for the PC service area. I assisted one of my customers in getting her manuscripts published (I helped with typesetting, scanning, image enhancement, general layout and document creation), two of her books are in print and available on Amazon. I have created a series of CD covers for a local rap/hip-hop producer. My department was awarded a $100,000 printing contract to produce all of the print materials for a local community college, and we are on track to pick up an even larger contract for a local hospital.

Requirements: Full-time, $30k+ USD, benefits

Can Start: Immediately, I just need to give 2 weeks notice to my current employer.

Looking For: I would like a job in the publishing or printing industry. I enjoy the type of work that I do, but I would enjoy it more if I didn't also have to take care of walk-in customers at the counter. I am also looking for jobs that could utilize my history degree and my research abilities.

Not Looking For: Sales, or heavy graphic design work (I can use the software well, but I'm not an artistic person)

Bonefish
Jul 29, 2008
Internship Seeker

What: I am an iOS developer.

Location: I live in Lawrence, KS, but I would love and have the means to get out of here for the summer.

Experience: As IT Director for my school's student-run radio station, I built an iOS App that allows the users to interact with almost all of the content we have on our large (for a college-radio station) website in a new mobile context. From all the responses I have gotten, people really enjoy using the app and appreciate its doesn't-look-like-a-college-student-made-it quality. In my time there I have also redesigned and expanded our Wordpress website as well as creation of scripts that handle various data operations for the station. In addition to my CS major, I am also an English minor.

Requirements The internship is in the summer.

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.
Job Openings

Theatrical Technicians - wardrobe, lighting, sound, props, carpentry

Feld Entertainment: Disney on Ice, Disney Live, Ringling Brothers Circus

I'm currently the wardrobe head for a national/intentional Disney on Ice tour. My company is seeking qualified theatrical technicians for next year's tours, which begin in July-August and go through approximately May of 2014. Theatrical technician experience is required, but touring experience is not. IATSE membership not required, you can obtain the union membership when you're hired. Drug testing is also performed as a contingency of hiring.

Direct apply via resume to http://www.feldentertainment.com

Any questions feel free to PM me.

Soopafly
Mar 27, 2009

I have a peanut allergy.

Bonefish posted:

Internship Seeker

What: I am an iOS developer.

Location: I live in Lawrence, KS, but I would love and have the means to get out of here for the summer.

Experience: As IT Director for my school's student-run radio station, I built an iOS App that allows the users to interact with almost all of the content we have on our large (for a college-radio station) website in a new mobile context. From all the responses I have gotten, people really enjoy using the app and appreciate its doesn't-look-like-a-college-student-made-it quality. In my time there I have also redesigned and expanded our Wordpress website as well as creation of scripts that handle various data operations for the station. In addition to my CS major, I am also an English minor.

Requirements The internship is in the summer.

Random internet person vouching for how good the app is, as well as the ease of use for all the various features. Very happy to see things continuing upward for the station.

Police Academy III
Nov 4, 2011
Job Seeker

Education: B.A. in computer science

Experience: School work, plus silly side projects like this: https://twitter.com/yolomerickbot

Requirements: Full-time

When I Can Start: Immediately

What I'm Looking For: Programming work

What I'm Not Looking For: Sysops/Devops or QA work

Kjermzs
Sep 15, 2007

Kjermzs posted:

Welp, I might as well give this a shot as well.

Job Seeker

Location: Dallas-Ft. Worth, TX Still prefer Dallas-Ft. Worth, Houston, Austin, TX but open to other areas across the U.S.

Education: Department of Defense Biomedical Equipment Technician Course, Certified Biomedical Equipment Technician (CBET).

Experience: 3 years of repair work experience, specializing in the maintenance, calibration, troubleshooting, and repair of medical equipment, including field service and depot locations.

Requirements: Full-time, $55k+ a year depending on cost of living.

When I can start: March 1, 2013 or later.

What I'm looking for: I am looking either an in-house position at a hospital or manufacturer service center, or a field service position working for a 3rd party contractor or manufacturer. I would really like a long term position in which there is room for continued education and advancement. I've been a civilian contractor, and while it was great for building initial experience, it has no room for growth.

Contact: Email jeremy.k.stevens at gmail dot com. Resume available upon request.

Updated my posting from a while back.

Dream Weaver
Jan 23, 2007
Sweat Baby, sweat baby
I've posted jobs here before but before I go back to EMS I would like to try something completely different

Job Seeker

Education: B.A. in Computer Science, Crossfit/Nutrition Certs, Military Schools, EMS certs

Experience: I've managed an ambulance company, worked retail for five years, Taught Tae Kwon Do, been a Crossfit coach and I run a mildly successful side business see(http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3531510)
I spent the last year training to do logistics for the military and now I am back in the Reserves. I used to code a little xcode, C++, SQL

Requirements: 40k+ or $30/hr

When I Can Start: Immediately

What I'm Looking For: An employer that can be flexible with military commitments, I would like to work in either Fitness, Logistics or whatnot. I do have experience with computer science but I would need to start from the ground up as I have been out of the game for a while.
Also supply chain analytics would be fine.

What I'm Not Looking For: Web design or java

Dream Weaver fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Feb 16, 2013

Flarestar
Dec 23, 2005
Diesel Powered Robot Panda
Job Seeker

Experience: Five years of software project management in both a Scrum environment and a Waterfall environment for a web-based Multiple Listing System (application for real estate agents to find, discuss, and market properties). Three years of product management, business analysis, and merchant implementation support for the flagship eCommerce gateway application of one of the largest credit card aquirer/processors in the US, as well as functioning as administrator, developer, and designer of our internal project tracking application (WAMP environment) for the merchant implementation side of that platform. QA on upcoming releases, both from the managing and performing sides, with a lot of experience working with RQM.

Basically I wear a lot of hats currently.

What I'm looking for: Something more focused towards project management and application design (not development, or at least not primarily), preferably in an agile environment. I'm a moderately skilled developer, but it's not something I actively enjoy when working to someone else's specifications. What I'd really like is to get into the MMO realm with a company that's actually willing to take some chances, but I know that's not likely for a lot of reasons.

What I'm NOT looking for: Contract positions, companies with an overabundance of internal political warfare, or things I'm massively overqualified for and will rapidly become bored with.

Where I'm looking: Preferably a remote position - relocation is not an option for me at this time short of a pretty outstanding offer.

When I can start: I'd need roughly a month after an offer letter to wrap things up properly here.

Requirements: Full time employment with a standard benefits package (health, dental, vision, 401k). Salary is a firm $45k/year minimum.

Can be reached via: PM, or email at ziyadah042 at gmail dot com.

razz
Dec 26, 2005

Queen of Maceration
Posting this on here one last time before it goes to the wildlife job boards and I get 80 applications in 3 days wooo bad economy!

JOB OPENING

WILDLIFE BIOLOGIST FIELD TECHNICIAN

I will be hiring two people to help me with bird research this summer. It's a full time temp job, most likely early May through early August (90-day contract). Perfect for undergrads looking for summer experience, or those of us who just aren't quite ready to get a big boy job yet. Housing is provided, work vehicles are provided, pay is $1600/month.

QUALIFICATIONS:

- You must be a birder and know how to confidently identify birds of the Great Plains by sight and sound.
- You must be able to walk 5+ miles a day carrying gear (not real heavy gear though). You must be able to tolerate 100+ degree days and long hours in the field alone.
- You must be able to get up at like 4:15 every morning and be functional (5 days a week).
- You must be a fairly independent person who does not need a lot of hand-holding to get their job done.
- You'll have to live in a house and very likely have to share a room with other male and female technicians. House will be (mostly) furnished and you don't have to pay anything for housing or utilities.

IF YOU DO NOT KNOW HOW TO ID WILD BIRDS IN THE FIELD DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS JOB. I had a million applications last year from people who had seemingly never set foot outside of a climate-controlled environment.

Oh yeah shoot me a PM or email your resume to sunparakeet at gmail.

razz fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Feb 18, 2013

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

razz posted:

IF YOU DO NOT KNOW HOW TO ID WILD BIRDS IN THE FIELD DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS JOB. I had a million applications last year from people who had seemingly never set foot outside of a climate-controlled environment.

Unponderable
Feb 16, 2007

Good enough.

C'mon man, that's clearly not a penguin. It's not even wearing a tuxedo.

Thatoaklandkid
May 21, 2006
Edit:

Reread it this morning and it really didn't make any sense. Will try again soon!

Thatoaklandkid fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Feb 19, 2013

razz
Dec 26, 2005

Queen of Maceration

You're hired! Come bird with me!

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Thatoaklandkid posted:

Job Seeker

Experience: B.A. from a top US University, graduated 2011.

I'm currently employed as a paralegal at a small civil litigation law firm, but I've found that it's a dead-end when it comes to upward mobility. My responsibilities include basic office management (both working with our vendors to ensure the office runs smoothly and motivating fellow coworkers), summarizing legal documents and issuing/managing subpoenas within my personal workload of 50+ cases.

In the past, I've worked with a major PBS documentary program as a researcher/editorial assistant (worked on projects involving drone strikes in Pakistan amongst others if anybody wants to chat on the subject) and was the general manager of a large Boston-area radio station, where I corralled a team of 80+ volunteers and staff and served as primary ambassador to the media and music industry reps.

Other experience varies greatly, from teaching to customer service, but all of it has shaped me into a hardworking, adaptable and highly personable individual.

What I'm looking for:

A position that will allow me to develop skills in client services, while offering the chance to get a better understanding of the overall flow of a larger company. I've been considering some Account Management positions, but am very open to work in Office Management, inside sales, or any position that requires a high degree of adaptability and a natural conversationalist. Startup culture + any opportunity to research and write are a plus.

When I can start:

About a month. Need time to finish a big project with the firm and then I'd like to move on.

Other than that I'm pretty much open. I'd also be interested in any informational interviews, if anybody in the area could spare the time -- especially if they're involved in tech, consulting, development work, or anything they know lots and lots about.

Can be reached via: PM or reply to thread. Resume and personal email available upon request.

I've read this three times, and I still have no idea what sort of work you're looking to find. You're all over the map.

AcetylCoA!
Dec 25, 2010

Job Seeker

Education: BS in Chemistry from Ursinus College (taken as a double major with biochemistry),2011. Also completed the Nanofabrication Manufacturing Technology capstone course at Penn State, which I suppose means I have an associates in nanofabrication from HACC.

Experience: All over the place. Worked as a teaching lab assistant for several semesters while at Ursinus. Had a summer internship with the Bureau of Food Safety in microbiology, spent 2 summers as an intern the Heart and Cardiovascular Research Institute at Hershey Med Center and received an authorship credit for a paper published in the Journal of Physiology. Worked at Rite Aid for 8 years or so.

Requirements: Will relocate for full-time; otherwise - anything - temp, part-time, etc

When I can start: can start immediately/ASAP

What I'm Looking for: Any sort of laboratory type job - glassware cleaning, quality control etc. If need be, I can do retail-type stuff, but as I would really like to go back to graduate school at some point, I would really prefer something science related.

Defenestration
Aug 10, 2006

"It wasn't my fault that my first unconscious thought turned out to be-"
"Jesus, kid, what?"
"That something smelled delicious!"

Grimey Drawer
Job Opening: Paid Summer Publishing Internships

looking for: 6 college students or recent grads
description: Full time Rights work at an academic publisher. Research and contact rightsholders, request and track reprint licenses, write credit lines, acquire photos from stock sites, submit invoices for payment
qualifications: Be organized (the work isn't hard but the project load is heavy), competent at communicating professionally by phone and email, meticulous at data entry (gotta track everything), able to use basic computer applications and databases and to use the internet for research.

Great publishing experience, decent hourly pay, T-accessible office.

PM for link/details

glu
Mar 22, 2009
Job Seeker

Education: BFA in Art Education, community & museum emphasis.

Experience: Administrative, secretarial, student services, museum and non-profit experience

Requirements: Full time (can be temp)

When I can start: March 18th.

What I'm Looking for: Administrative, particularly in either an art/museum setting or a college setting.

Contact me if you want to see my Linkedin profile, or resume. Thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tacoman165
Feb 9, 2005
Job Seeker

Education: Bachelor's in Japanese Language and Literature from University of Georgia

Experience: Retail through college, after graduation moved to Japan for two year through the JET Program, then spent two years in Beijing, China.

Requirements: Full time, salaried (no commission), benefits

Looking For: Marketing/Public Relations, international business (esp. Japan-America), inside sales. Prefer a job that will allow me to use Japanese in some capacity, but willing to consider anything that isn't retail or manual labor.

Not Looking For: Retail, industrial/warehouse