Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cryingscarf
Feb 4, 2007

~*FaBuLoUs*~

HookShot posted:

I'm pretty sure every small dog owner has stepped on their dog at least once.

Quoting this for truth. I stepped on Dexter's paw this week and he screamed so loud that I still feel guilty about it (even though it was his fault). I do accidentally step on the 50-55 lb family dogs too when I am home for breaks. Maybe I am just too clumsy to own dogs of all sizes :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renzuko
Oct 10, 2012

HookShot posted:

Pfft, I stepped on star tons of time's and he was not a small dog...didn't help that his favorite place to sit was right against the couch I'd lay on to watch tv.

so I just saw this video and immediately started laughing...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_3WQYyy7nA

Pile of Kittens
Apr 23, 2005

Why does everything STILL smell like pussy?

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

How often does the bird try to eat the clip instead?

Pretty much whenever there isn't fruit stuck in it. The one on the left is new. She goes through about two a week.

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

FERRETS ARE ALSO PRETTY MEH, HONESTLY

HookShot posted:

I have stepped on both of my dogs many times before. Jess is a pain in the rear end; she likes to get right under your feet. At least she doesn't give a blood-curdling scream when she gets stepped on like Lola does though.

Terriers: absolute drama queens.

Triangulum
Oct 3, 2007

by Lowtax
I can't believe how cheap the vets here are. It's 50 euro for a check up, last round of puppy shots, and a rabies vaccine, which is pretty awesome

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

:downs:

Hardwood Floor
Sep 25, 2011

Triangulum posted:

I can't believe how cheap the vets here are. It's 50 euro for a check up, last round of puppy shots, and a rabies vaccine, which is pretty awesome

Reminds me of a vet office near here that's adjacent to a shelter, they have crazy low prices for spays and neuters. One time they ran a pit bull special where any bully breed could get neutered/spayed for $10 for males or $15 for females and included a free nail clipping. I love little incentives like that, it probably helps them keep the number of bully breeds in the shelter down too, even if it's just a tiny amount. :3:

Triangulum
Oct 3, 2007

by Lowtax

Pew! Pew! posted:

Reminds me of a vet office near here that's adjacent to a shelter, they have crazy low prices for spays and neuters. One time they ran a pit bull special where any bully breed could get neutered/spayed for $10 for males or $15 for females and included a free nail clipping. I love little incentives like that, it probably helps them keep the number of bully breeds in the shelter down too, even if it's just a tiny amount. :3:

Some of the vets back in San Diego do something similar. They have a week where they offer super low cost spay/neuters as well as wellness checks and vaccinations. It's so awesome :3: But man I'm so glad he's getting all his shots here, I can't even get into my vet in SD for this price. Our vet in Germany is really cool too, she runs a super tiny practice and she's the only vet who works there. So she doesn't overbook, spends a lot of time on the animal, and you don't have to sit in a waiting room full of people and dogs waiting.

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

Triangulum posted:

Probably, but I'm not a citizen here and both my experiences with the SDPD and my husband's experiences with German police have made me pretty aprehensive about getting them involved in anything short of of an attempted murder.

And seriously, what are you going to say? "Help police someone pushed me and slapped a treat out of my hand"? Good luck with that.

If you can sue someone in German courts for "beleidigung" over some really weird and minor poo poo, you could probably do it over this too. Sure, the cops can be dicks, but its their job to deal with this kind of poo poo.

Honestly, and you may not want to hear this, but if you wear doc martins or dress in ways that could be considered "skinhead" like, you are not going to get any respect from people. Its stupid, but I've had punk friends who lived in Germany for a while and regularly got screamed at for being "fascists" (to be fair they were living in the east where there are a lot more problems with nationalist types). You have to be sensitive to the fact that there's still a great deal of fear about nationalist thugs and foreigners (white supremacists) treating the country like some sort of loving pilgrimage site.

Triangulum
Oct 3, 2007

by Lowtax

wtftastic posted:

If you can sue someone in German courts for "beleidigung" over some really weird and minor poo poo, you could probably do it over this too. Sure, the cops can be dicks, but its their job to deal with this kind of poo poo.
Yeah but tbh I don't really think it's worth the time or money to sue every idiot who decides today's the day to shove a random person. It's a bit unrealistic and I seriously have better things to spend my money on, like getting my husband back into the US.

quote:

Honestly, and you may not want to hear this, but if you wear doc martins or dress in ways that could be considered "skinhead" like, you are not going to get any respect from people. Its stupid, but I've had punk friends who lived in Germany for a while and regularly got screamed at for being "fascists" (to be fair they were living in the east where there are a lot more problems with nationalist types). You have to be sensitive to the fact that there's still a great deal of fear about nationalist thugs and foreigners (white supremacists) treating the country like some sort of loving pilgrimage site.

Oh I know that, my husband and I get poo poo from people for the way we dress occasionally, though before we got the dog we usually get called leftist leeches rather than facists :lol:. Doesn't make it right though and I'm certainly not going to buy a whole new wardrobe just because people hold preconceptions. I think it's better to just be polite and friendly to people and hope maybe it'll help them not jump to conclusions in the future v:shobon:v

The best thing though is all the old dudes who are just smitten with Vecna :3: They're always so respectful towards him and will sit around and sperg about GSDs with me. The police dog handlers here are super cool too and will stop and dogchat if they aren't busy. It's pretty much the best and kinda makes up for all the obnoxious poo poo.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

Triangulum posted:

The best thing though is all the old dudes who are just smitten with Vecna :3: They're always so respectful towards him and will sit around and sperg about GSDs with me. The police dog handlers here are super cool too and will stop and dogchat if they aren't busy. It's pretty much the best and kinda makes up for all the obnoxious poo poo.

Chatting up former Nazi's eh

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

HookShot posted:

Pfft, Ooka weighs about 65 these days and I've stepped on him, too. And run over him with a bike. And skis.

Not at the same time, though.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

Bad Munki posted:

Pfft, Ooka weighs about 65 these days and I've stepped on him, too. And run over him with a bike. And skis.

Not at the same time, though.

gently caress. That would have made quite the story ;)

Also, Asa is 35. I've run over her with my office chair so many times...

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Siochain posted:

gently caress. That would have made quite the story ;)

Skibikejoring is not for the faint of heart.

Seriously though now I'm thinking about strapping on my skis, getting on my bike, tying the dog on, and seeing how far we can get before one of us dies.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

Bad Munki posted:

Skibikejoring is not for the faint of heart.

Seriously though now I'm thinking about strapping on my skis, getting on my bike, tying the dog on, and seeing how far we can get before one of us dies.

gently caress, you're doing it wrong.
Put skis on the FRONT of your bike. Or on Ooka.

Triangulum
Oct 3, 2007

by Lowtax

Levitate posted:

Chatting up former Nazi's eh

Schäferhund, Schäferhund über alles :godwinning:

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Siochain posted:

gently caress, you're doing it wrong.
Put skis on the FRONT of your bike. Or on Ooka.

Uhhhhh ~~~winter sports~~~ I guess

we didn't make it very far, basically just to the bottom of the stairs

cryingscarf
Feb 4, 2007

~*FaBuLoUs*~

I love Ooka's face.

"drat it, the human is doing weird poo poo again. Just play along with it and they will move on to something else soon."

Wheats
Sep 28, 2007

strange sisters

Ughhh it's been cold and snowing every day for the past week, but today the tempurature shot up to 40 and now there's confused field mice wandering my slushy yard. Beck keeps killing them and bringing them to me. Once they're dead she doesn't want them and she expects me to take care of them.

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

Wheats posted:

Ughhh it's been cold and snowing every day for the past week, but today the tempurature shot up to 40 and now there's confused field mice wandering my slushy yard. Beck keeps killing them and bringing them to me. Once they're dead she doesn't want them and she expects me to take care of them.

"George, I broke it." is more or less how I imagine that playing out.

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

:downs: My dog is so graceful.

Reason 92951 why small dogs own:

Bet most of you people with big dogs can't do indoor springpole :smug:

Wheats
Sep 28, 2007

strange sisters

wtftastic posted:

"George, I broke it." is more or less how I imagine that playing out.

Beck is a remorseless mouse murder machine, but Skylar used to find birds that were stunned after hitting windows and she'd carry them around while crying until they recovered or someone took them from her.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

Bad Munki posted:

Uhhhhh ~~~winter sports~~~ I guess

we didn't make it very far, basically just to the bottom of the stairs

That just about made me spit coffee out. It successfully dribbled. Out my nose. Damnit.
Best picture ever.
I loving love Ooka. More pictures!

edit: Okay, chainsaw? Your dog is metal ;) What winter sport requires the chainsaw? Are you Canadian? That seems like a lumberjack thing! :P

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Siochain posted:

That just about made me spit coffee out. It successfully dribbled. Out my nose. Damnit.
Best picture ever.
I loving love Ooka. More pictures!

edit: Okay, chainsaw? Your dog is metal ;) What winter sport requires the chainsaw? Are you Canadian? That seems like a lumberjack thing! :P

:colbert: Ice carvings require a chainsaw.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

I don't know, he just made it very clear that we should bring it. :iiam:

Siochain
May 24, 2005

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

:colbert: Ice carvings require a chainsaw.

Ooka is talented indeed.

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

ok frankies now lets get in formation

Fraction posted:

Reason 92951 why small dogs own:

Bet most of you people with big dogs can't do indoor springpole :smug:

:qq: I am legit jelly about this. I got one of those bars you affix to door frames for (humans) to do pullups on, thinking it would allow me to tie a lure to it and let Moses do springpole indoors on crappy days. NOPE.

He tore it down in less than 5 minutes. It hit him on the head, so he decided to pick it up and carry it around.

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

Superconsndar posted:

:qq: I am legit jelly about this. I got one of those bars you affix to door frames for (humans) to do pullups on, thinking it would allow me to tie a lure to it and let Moses do springpole indoors on crappy days. NOPE.

He tore it down in less than 5 minutes. It hit him on the head, so he decided to pick it up and carry it around.

Lola just played with it for ten minutes and it hasn't budged :smug: Even Jess got to have a couple chomps without it falling apart.

Shoulda got a smaller dog, Super!

VVV :3: thank you

Fraction fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Jan 28, 2013

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Your crazy dogs are wonderful, Fraction.

Triangulum
Oct 3, 2007

by Lowtax
Fraction you would love some of the dogs in my neighborhood, there are so many bad rear end little terriers and terrier mixes here. They are my favorite tiny dogs to have around Vecna because they don't take any poo poo from anybody and will put him in his place if he's being a dickbag.

I saw a Black Russian Terrier for the first time a few days ago and holy poo poo was that dog was intense.

Braki
Aug 9, 2006

Happy birthday!
Soooo my cat just ate this:

The last time my boyfriend used it he must have not cleaned it well enough and there must have been some oil residue. Seriously, cat. Really.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

The eyes promise pain but who among us could resist this belly?

edit: I was flopped on the floor reading and overpet her so she got into her grumpy "want attention but don't really..." mood so she pouted at me

Shifty Pony fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Jan 29, 2013

InEscape
Nov 10, 2006

stuck.
Not me at all, the scratches would be so worth it. :kimchi:

6-Ethyl Bearcat
Apr 27, 2008

Go out
Would you guys look at this greyhound my friends just adopted. :3:

She ran 69 races and won just over $15000 in stakes. And has the Derpface.

Triangulum
Oct 3, 2007

by Lowtax
Holy poo poo those ears :3:

Man I feel bad for Vecna. I think his vaccinations are making him feel pretty lousy, he had a mild fever last night and is really grumpy and whiny today. I took him out to do a little nosework and he cheered up for a bit but because yaaay smell a thing! but now he's moping again.

E: Oh awesome, he got attacked by a dog this evening while he was working a scent pad because the other dog wanted the food drop. Little bastard cannot catch a loving break today :sigh:

Triangulum fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Jan 29, 2013

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

:ohdear: Is he okay?

It is snowing here today. 5 days ago it was 73. Even with the heat on the dogs are chilly. Ires found a solution. Balen keeps licking her head. :3:

Wonder Bra
Jan 5, 2008

always in another castle

6-Ethyl Bearcat posted:

Would you guys look at this greyhound my friends just adopted. :3:

She ran 69 races and won just over $15000 in stakes. And has the Derpface.

Hahahaa, holy hell, that face.

Triangulum
Oct 3, 2007

by Lowtax

Yeah he's fine, he doesn't have a scratch on him and neither does Butch (the bulldog who attacked him). Once we got the food cleaned up and they had some time to chill the gently caress out they were fine and played nicely. We know Butch and his handler really well and our dogs get along really nicely as long as there isn't food on the ground. It was just a really unfortunate accident. If there had been other dogs around when I was laying the scent pad, I wouldn't have done it even though Vecna doesn't guard food. And if she'd known there was food on the ground, she wouldn't have let Butch offleash when she saw Vecna. it sucks but poo poo happens.

Triangulum fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Jan 29, 2013

RazorBunny
May 23, 2007

Sometimes I feel like this.

Every single one of you should go look at Sam Has Eyebrows right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

RazorBunny posted:

Every single one of you should go look at Sam Has Eyebrows right now.

• Locked thread