Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AcetylCoA!
Dec 25, 2010

RazorBunny posted:

Every single one of you should go look at Sam Has Eyebrows right now.

Holy poo poo! He looks so surprised!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hhgtrillian
Jan 23, 2004

DOGS IN SPACE

RazorBunny posted:

Every single one of you should go look at Sam Has Eyebrows right now.

That is awesome. And for those of us not lucky enough for a natural browed cat, there's always this:

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Has anyone else noticed that the gravity has been unusually high today? Because this was happening in my place all afternoon long:

That was a short one, once she side-scooted all the way across the room before the wall kept the floof from escaping her flailing paw.

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Shifty Pony posted:

Has anyone else noticed that the gravity has been unusually high today? Because this was happening in my place all afternoon long:

That was a short one, once she side-scooted all the way across the room before the wall kept the floof from escaping her flailing paw.

Cats have mastered the art of being the laziest creatures in the world, all the time. Nothing can out-lazy a cat. :3:

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Bash Ironfist posted:

Nothing can out-lazy a cat. :3:

What about two cats in the midst of a nap-off?

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

My friend from college (who is now living in England with her husband) is adopting an older staffy. I am so jealous and happy for her.

Invalid Octopus
Jun 30, 2008

When is dinner?
For all your dog muzzle needs, Japan presents the Quack.

Splat
Aug 22, 2002
Stupid loving dog drama this morning. My wife was out taking Amelia for a walk and some rear end in a top hat came out of his house and accused her of repeatedly letting our dog crap on their lawn "You let them do this nearly every day". His proof of this is that she just walked by his lawn and her plastic poop bag fell out of her pocket next to some poop on his lawn. Yeah that makes sense, we take our dogs out and when they crap on other people's lawns we throw a bag at it and run. What the gently caress? I went to talk to him and he was totally dismissive "I know it wasn't our dog because I'm normally the one walking her" "Oh then you're the one that lets them do it". He doesn't even know who was walking the dog. The poop was tiny too, nowhere near our dog's poop size.

gently caress that guy. At least their house is for sale and they'll hopefully be gone soon.

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

FERRETS ARE ALSO PRETTY MEH, HONESTLY

Dog ownership: arguments and discussions about poop

Invalid Octopus posted:

For all your dog muzzle needs, Japan presents the Quack.

Not gonna lie i would not blame someone for trying to hug my dog if she was wearing a muzzle like that

Iced Cocoa
Jul 14, 2011

I'm kind of a big lurker around here, but I really want to throw this out.

http://blog.rollingdogranch.org/rolling_dog_ranch_animal_/2013/01/and-hes-still-a-puppy.html

If anyone likes a story of a Maremma Sheepdog that's actually going to be doing the job he was bred for :3

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

ok frankies now lets get in formation

Splat posted:

Stupid loving dog drama this morning. My wife was out taking Amelia for a walk and some rear end in a top hat came out of his house and accused her of repeatedly letting our dog crap on their lawn "You let them do this nearly every day". His proof of this is that she just walked by his lawn and her plastic poop bag fell out of her pocket next to some poop on his lawn. Yeah that makes sense, we take our dogs out and when they crap on other people's lawns we throw a bag at it and run. What the gently caress? I went to talk to him and he was totally dismissive "I know it wasn't our dog because I'm normally the one walking her" "Oh then you're the one that lets them do it". He doesn't even know who was walking the dog. The poop was tiny too, nowhere near our dog's poop size.

gently caress that guy. At least their house is for sale and they'll hopefully be gone soon.

Our neighbors are loving livid that our dogs exist and accused us of letting our dogs crap on their yard every day, and they stepped in poo poo and its ruining their lives apparently. Our dogs go out to poo poo on a tie-out that ties to our deck, which we have *repeatedly* measured to make sure they are no way capable of coming within 10+ feet of the neighbor's yard. Also, we stand in the doorway and watch them until they're ready to come back in so not only would it be physically impossible to reach their yard, I'd have seen them if they did it. Bonus points: our landlord owns his house too, so we have the same landlord, and he called her to tell her that our dogs run loose in his yard and crap on his lawn all day, resulting in a concerned call from her asking why my dogs are running loose and making GBS threads in yards. :cripes: *Every* time the dogs go outside, he either leers disapprovingly from his window or comes and stands on his porch with his arms folded, scowling at us. We're at the point where we feel like we have no privacy in, or use of, our backyard and we've only been here since the start of December.

We tried to have a polite conversation with him about it, but he is a big avoidant nerdlord baby and pretends he isn't home when we knock on his door. He also called our landlord to complain that we were leaving trash EVERYWHERE in our front yard, resulting in *another* upset call from our landlord wanting to know what the gently caress. Apparently, the "trash everywhere" was a 2 liter Coke Zero bottle, and a wadded up paper towel that the trash guys had dropped. We didn't see it because the trash had been picked up about 5 hours previously and I hadn't come home from work yet. I'm like, really scared he's making our landlord hate us which sucks because she's a cool lady and we really like the house.

Basically, dude is mad as hell that he stepped in some dog poo poo that was not mine, but I have dogs and exist, so it must be mine. He's a big gross nerd and his girlfriend looks like she hates her life. :thumbsup:

Supercondescending fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Jan 30, 2013

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

Superconsndar posted:

Our neighbors are loving livid that our dogs exist and accused us of letting our dogs crap on their yard every day, and they stepped in poo poo and its ruining their lives apparently. Our dogs go out to poo poo on a tie-out that ties to our deck, which we have *repeatedly* measured to make sure they are no way capable of coming within 10+ feet of the neighbor's yard. Also, we stand in the doorway and watch them until they're ready to come back in so not only would it be physically impossible to reach their yard, I'd have seen them if they did it. Bonus points: our landlord owns his house too, so we have the same landlord, and he called her to tell her that our dogs run loose in his yard and crap on his lawn all day, resulting in a concerned call from her asking why my dogs are running loose and making GBS threads in yards. :cripes: *Every* time the dogs go outside, he either leers disapprovingly from his window or comes and stands on his porch with his arms folded, scowling at us. We're at the point where we feel like we have no privacy in, or use of, our backyard and we've only been here since the start of December.

We tried to have a polite conversation with him about it, but he is a big avoidant nerdlord baby and pretends he isn't home when we knock on his door. He also called our landlord to complain that we were leaving trash EVERYWHERE in our front yard, resulting in *another* upset call from our landlord wanting to know what the gently caress. Apparently, the "trash everywhere" was a 2 liter Coke Zero bottle, and a wadded up paper towel that the trash guys had dropped the day before. We didn't see it because the trash had been picked up about 5 hours previously and I hadn't come home from work yet. I'm like, really scared he's making our landlord hate us which sucks because she's a cool lady and we really like the house.

Basically, dude is mad as hell that he stepped in some dog poo poo that was not mine, but I have dogs and exist, so it must be mine. He's a big gross nerd and his girlfriend looks like she hates her life. :thumbsup:

Does your landlord know he's a big whiny goon?

Splat
Aug 22, 2002

Superconsndar posted:

We tried to have a polite conversation with him about it, but he is a big avoidant nerdlord baby and pretends he isn't home when we knock on his door. He also called our landlord to complain that we were leaving trash EVERYWHERE in our front yard, resulting in *another* upset call from our landlord wanting to know what the gently caress. Apparently, the "trash everywhere" was a 2 liter Coke Zero bottle, and a wadded up paper towel that the trash guys had dropped. We didn't see it because the trash had been picked up about 5 hours previously and I hadn't come home from work yet. I'm like, really scared he's making our landlord hate us which sucks because she's a cool lady and we really like the house.

That blows :( At least our immediate neighbors aren't dicks and sorta like our dogs. This guy is ~6 houses down.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Superconsndar posted:

I'm like, really scared he's making our landlord hate us which sucks because she's a cool lady and we really like the house.

What do you think the chances are that this is new behavior? I'm pretty sure that the landlady knows he's a dick, but isn't up to speed on how much he exaggerates. My advice would be to be sure and consistently pay your rent on time or early if possible and maintain happy relations with the landlord. And definitely tell her about him being creepy when you are in the back yard and that you are uncomfortable using the back yard with him watching you all the time. The last thing a landlord would want is a renter driving another one away, especially a new renter who is likely paying higher market rates and always pays on time.

You should get Moses a voodoo doll toy of him.

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

You could always bring it up to the landlord, let them know what's going on, and how you make sure that your dogs aren't pooping on other peoples land.

We got yelled at by a dude with a skullet about our dog tearing up his plants. Feldman sniffed a flower which I guess means they're diseased. :iiam:

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

Bash Ironfist posted:

You could always bring it up to the landlord, let them know what's going on, and how you make sure that your dogs aren't pooping on other peoples land.

We got yelled at by a dude with a skullet about our dog tearing up his plants. Feldman sniffed a flower which I guess means they're diseased. :iiam:

Maybe he thinks Feldman is a gremlin or like diseased himself.

Neena
May 11, 2007

No male will ever handle my massive CoX!
Wait, I meant boobs! Wait!
FISTS, Shit!

Bash Ironfist posted:

Well, to be fair, he was probably at least thinking about eating it. :solanadumb:

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

Make no mistake, my dogs are da bomb :3:

i dont really have giant hands

iwik
Oct 12, 2007

Bash Ironfist posted:

What is a skullet? Baldy in the front, party in the back? Does it not have the business option of a mullet?

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

iwik posted:

What is a skullet? Baldy in the front, party in the back? Does it not have the business option of a mullet?

Bald except for long hair in the back. A skull mullet. Skullet!

iwik
Oct 12, 2007
Right, gotcha.

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes
This was probably at least 50% my fault.

Baika
Jul 8, 2011

Cap on, apply directly to the rats head.
Moxie (dog I walk, not mine) had scared someone while we came down the elevator. When the door opened, he was taken back by her presence in the elevator and decided to take the next elevator down instead. I don't like to make fun of people who had a legit fear of dogs but because she is a Boston Terrier I couldn't help but snicker to myself about it.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Baika posted:

Moxie (dog I walk, not mine) had scared someone while we came down the elevator. When the door opened, he was taken back by her presence in the elevator and decided to take the next elevator down instead. I don't like to make fun of people who had a legit fear of dogs but because she is a Boston Terrier I couldn't help but snicker to myself about it.

Perhaps he'd heard about BT Gas? :v:

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

What if the elevator broke on the way down and you were stuck in there with that?! In that situation it isn't a matter of "if" but "when" the foul breeze escapes.

:barf:

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

My BT can clear a room with his farts. Also he farts loud enough to hear it. So when you hear a little poot, you run for it because a horrible stench is gonna follow real soon.

windex
Aug 2, 2006

One thing living in Japan does is cement the fact that ignoring the opinions of others is a perfectly valid life strategy.

Baika posted:

My minpin is a cute healthy happy little dog who hates new or strange people, especially men, and merely tolerates them in public. But he understands this and when he gets nervous he stays close and quiet.

If you try to touch him he'll growl.

If you jump and yell in fear of the 7kg/15lb hell beast out of the blue he'll bark at you (ONCE) because you just scared the gently caress out of him.

In either case I'll laugh at you. Happens at least once a week in Tokyo where people seem to think dogs are either stuffed toys or murderous beasts because nobody bothers to train their dog or breaks them into miserable toys who tolerate anything in fear and wet themselves constantly. I once saw a GSD in a XL dog stroller and it hid from me when I made eye contact. It was wearing shoes and pants and a shirt. :(

He is a watchdog and is intended to be because I'm deaf in one ear and dead to the world when sleeping. I would prefer he not befriend strangers randomly and bought him for those breed traits knowing I had the time and patience to socialize him to "can be out in public and plays gently with other dogs at the dog park".

Mini rant. Sorry. :)

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

Did a big walk this morning to make up for not taking Jess out for a while (ice everywhere, and then hurt my foot basically the day after it all got rained away).

btw england is so quaint sometimes. :3:

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

http://www.lifewithdogs.tv/2013/01/dog-surrendered-to-shelter-and-facing-death-because-owner-believes-hes-gay/

Headline should actually read, "Dog facing death because owner is literally retarded".

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

wtftastic posted:

http://www.lifewithdogs.tv/2013/01/dog-surrendered-to-shelter-and-facing-death-because-owner-believes-hes-gay/

Headline should actually read, "Dog facing death because owner is literally retarded".

Oh my god, if I were closer I'd go get that stupid hippo and he could have the biggest gayest humping party with my big gay dogs until I found him a more progressive home

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

Superconsndar posted:

Oh my god, if I were closer I'd go get that stupid hippo and he could have the biggest gayest humping party with my big gay dogs until I found him a more progressive home

He's a freckly stupid hippo, how can you not love his sad, gay face?

I read the headline and I was like, "There's no way this is real". Except it was.

demozthenes
Feb 14, 2007

Wicked pissa little critta
Want to go get that dog and put a pink bandanna on him and sing the Big Gay Al song forever and ever, what a sweet lookin' dog.

:3:

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Somebody in PI should just so we can have a thread titled "My Dog Is Gaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy"

Edit: Shelter is saying he's been adopted and they had calls from all over trying to sponsor him.

Fluffy Bunnies fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Jan 31, 2013

Wonder Bra
Jan 5, 2008

always in another castle
What. Really? I can see that happening, but still... wow.

Here, have some really, really cute animal Instagram accounts as compiled Top-50 style by Buzzfeed:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/summeranne/the-50-cutest-instagram-accounts-in-the-whole-worl

Triangulum
Oct 3, 2007

by Lowtax

Wonder Bra posted:

What. Really? I can see that happening, but still... wow.

Here, have some really, really cute animal Instagram accounts as compiled Top-50 style by Buzzfeed:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/summeranne/the-50-cutest-instagram-accounts-in-the-whole-worl

I kinda hate white GSDs but Hero is cute as poo poo :3:

I took this video right after Vecna came home from a 2+ hour walk/dog wresting/fetch party. I think he might like tugging just a lil bit.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMf7N37QI6Q

notsowelp
Oct 12, 2012

Though she is small, she is fierce.

Triangulum posted:

I kinda hate white GSDs

Nazi :godwin:

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Somebody in PI should just so we can have a thread titled "My Dog Is Gaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy"

Edit: Shelter is saying he's been adopted and they had calls from all over trying to sponsor him.

Am I the only one who thinks it's kind of hypocritical/intensely irritating how everyone commenting on the story was crying over this one dog when probs hundreds are pts every day over there?

:effort:

btw we don't need the hippo to have Gay Dogs, we have moses and frankie :iamafag:

notsowelp
Oct 12, 2012

Fraction posted:

Am I the only one who thinks it's kind of hypocritical/intensely irritating how everyone commenting on the story was crying over this one dog when probs hundreds are pts every day over there?

Yeah that struck me too. Hope everyone who offered to adopt him goes on to adopt another death-row dawg, though I doubt most of them will :mad:.

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

Yeah I thought that was p stupid too I just think it would be amazing to own a giant freckled idiot hippo that was literally almost killed for being a big gay baby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

notsowelp
Oct 12, 2012

Superconsndar posted:

Yeah I thought that was p stupid too I just think it would be amazing to own a giant freckled idiot hippo that was literally almost killed for being a big gay baby.

lol tbh when I saw that dog i was actually like 'dog is amazing i want that gay dog' so :3:

• Locked thread