Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hyperactive
Mar 10, 2004

RICHARDS!

OGB posted:

Just wanted to take the time to say how much I enjoyed the final issue of Flying She-Devils - nice mix of action and heart to wind it up.
Thanks!

quote:

Too early to ask about Vol. 8?
Not at all. What'cha want to know? Right now we're aiming for the first issue to hit shelves in May. We know that's a long time to wait, so we've got six issues of this starting in March to hold you over.

Xenomrph posted:

Amazon says Real Science Adventures vol 1 is "out of print", despite only coming out like mid November. Is that accurate? Is it going to get reprinted?
It is not anywhere near accurate. Amazon is just confused. The trade comes out next week and we have tons more than have been ordered so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Hyperactive posted:

It is not anywhere near accurate. Amazon is just confused. The trade comes out next week and we have tons more than have been ordered so far.
Unfortunately Amazon doesn't even let you preorder vol 7 (let alone the Real Science Adventures that are "out of print"), the best you can do is have them notify you via email when it's available. It's a little lame. :saddowns:

Hyperactive
Mar 10, 2004

RICHARDS!

Xenomrph posted:

Unfortunately Amazon doesn't even let you preorder vol 7 (let alone the Real Science Adventures that are "out of print"), the best you can do is have them notify you via email when it's available. It's a little lame. :saddowns:
There's always Midtown.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Hyperactive posted:

Not at all. What'cha want to know? Right now we're aiming for the first issue to hit shelves in May. We know that's a long time to wait, so we've got six issues of this starting in March to hold you over.

That covered exactly what I wanted to know - estimated release date, and you gave me another book to look forward to! Exciting.

strawberrymousse
Jul 13, 2012

BEHOLD, THE DRAMATIC REVEAL!

Hyperactive posted:

We know that's a long time to wait, so we've got six issues of this starting in March to hold you over.

Oh MAN that's exciting! I mean, I loved the Real Science Adventures trade from cover to cover. But that story was so much fun, I really wanted there to be more of it. Gurihiru's work has this great almost Miyazaki-ish feel to it, all wonder and optimism and high-flying adventure. Will they be doing the rest of it too?

Hyperactive
Mar 10, 2004

RICHARDS!

strawberrymousse posted:

Oh MAN that's exciting! I mean, I loved the Real Science Adventures trade from cover to cover. But that story was so much fun, I really wanted there to be more of it. Gurihiru's work has this great almost Miyazaki-ish feel to it, all wonder and optimism and high-flying adventure.
That's because they're amazing.

quote:

Will they be doing the rest of it too?
Nope. Their schedule is always packed. But I'm working with artists who remind me of Gurihiru's work. I think you guys will be pleased by the results.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Hyperactive posted:

This trumps League of Extraordinary Gentlemen so loving hard.

Hyperactive
Mar 10, 2004

RICHARDS!

Ensign_Ricky posted:

This trumps League of Extraordinary Gentlemen so loving hard.
Well, I don't know about that.

But I'll have to write a blog post about how this full Centurions of Science series was originally meant to pit Tesla's team of historical figures against an Injustice Gang of fictional characters drawn from the sci-fi and proto-pulp of the 19th century.

But then my research made it clear that, of the characters who made any kind of sense for the world we'd established, all the best suited ones were already too strongly identified with the League franchise. Instead of "It's Hellboy with a robot," It'd become, "It's LXG with a Tesla."

So, then we had two problems.

1) Who do we use instead?

2) How do we deal with the powerful stink of racism/imperialism that is stuck to so many of these characters?

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Hyperactive posted:

Hey, it's a late century Kerberos Club campaign. :D

I am so looking forward to more of this.

Hyperactive
Mar 10, 2004

RICHARDS!

TurninTrix posted:

Hey, it's a late century Kerberos Club campaign. :D
Ha! Well, I don't think the Robo timeline ever demonstrates as much Strange as late stage Kerberos does, but that's a good way of looking at it.

If we're able to do supplements for the Robo RPG, I would not be surprised if the first one is a big ol' book of 19th century shenanigans. RSAv2 is shaping up to be quite the romp, and the more I think about that team, the more there is for them to have gotten up to.

And then, of course, that implies the folks who came before them. I mean, someone had to stop Emperor Aaron Burr...

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Hyperactive posted:

Well, I don't know about that.

Hey, you don't seem the type to go full-Moore and have a character start casting spells with his wang, so I'd say you're already headed the right way.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I got an email saying that Volume 7 was "unavailable" and my preorder was canceled. :(

Hyperactive
Mar 10, 2004

RICHARDS!

Evil Mastermind posted:

I got an email saying that Volume 7 was "unavailable" and my preorder was canceled. :(
Yeah, we just went through this with everyone's Real Science Adventures TPB order through Amazon.

Amazon de-canceled those orders when the book came out and people got them on time. It just happened that the book itself came out later than what Amazon had first assumed. Same thing is going on with Vol 7 apparently.

Based on that, I recommend doing nothing at all and you'll get your Vol 7 TPB when it comes out.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

They cancelled my pre-order, though.

I mean, I'm okay with waiting for Amazon to realize that it's actually a thing that exists, but still.

Hyperactive
Mar 10, 2004

RICHARDS!

Evil Mastermind posted:

They cancelled my pre-order, though.

I mean, I'm okay with waiting for Amazon to realize that it's actually a thing that exists, but still.

Yup. They'll send you an email asking if you still want it when they realize it's actually available for real in about a month.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Hyperactive posted:

Yup. They'll send you an email asking if you still want it when they realize it's actually available for real in about a month.

And I just got the email saying my order shipped. Oh, Amazon! :allears:

Speaking of RPGs, is it okay if I talk about the ARRPG here, if people have any questions?

Hyperactive
Mar 10, 2004

RICHARDS!

Evil Mastermind posted:

And I just got the email saying my order shipped. Oh, Amazon! :allears:
If it's Vol 7, I guarantee it has not shipped because it ain't done printing yet.

quote:

Speaking of RPGs, is it okay if I talk about the ARRPG here, if people have any questions?
Let's say: yes! I'll answer to the best of my ability.

Hyperactive
Mar 10, 2004

RICHARDS!

Pretty much the Volume 8iest image possible. First issue out in May.

First issue of the next batch of Real Science Adventures hits in April, I think. We were shooting for March, but we needed just a couple more weeks to make sure the whole thing comes together.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Look what Fred Hicks just leaked as part of the grand finale of the Fate Core Kickstarer:

:allears:

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
I am so excited for everything to do with that.

wildlele
Jun 19, 2004

Battmann
Any word on Vol. 2 getting reprinted?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

wildlele posted:

Any word on Vol. 2 getting reprinted?

It's in stock at Diamond. Amazon has it for $15.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
I didn't pick up the last issue of Vol 7 due to getting distracted with a million things and then seeing the release date of the trade being last week. Well that came and went, and it's now slated for next Wednesday?

Maybe I'm just not used to Comic Book release dates, but is this a known thing that comics don't really get release dates or something? :(

Hyperactive
Mar 10, 2004

RICHARDS!

Long story short: Diamond distributes all comic books, and you will not find a single comic book creator, publisher, shop owner, or shop employee that has a single positive thing to say about Diamond.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Hyperactive posted:

Long story short: Diamond distributes all comic books, and you will not find a single comic book creator, publisher, shop owner, or shop employee that has a single positive thing to say about Diamond.

Well.... gently caress. :(

Thanks for the reply though. I only read 2 currently printing books, and both seem to come out "When they (Diamond I guess) feel like it."

( It's Atomic Robo/Real Science which I consider one book really, and The Lookouts if you were curious )

Hyperactive
Mar 10, 2004

RICHARDS!

KGBAgent185 posted:

( It's Atomic Robo/Real Science which I consider one book really, and The Lookouts if you were curious )
Good choices!

Wish there was more news to share with you guys, but we're in a data lull at the moment. There are a hundred things going on, but it's all NDA, or spoilers, or too soon to talk about.

Gonna start hacking away at an OP for a new thread, I think. There's nothing wrong with this one, but early 2013 is going to have a LOT of new Robo stuff and I'd like to reboot the thread to accommodate it.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Hyperactive posted:

Good choices!

Wish there was more news to share with you guys, but we're in a data lull at the moment. There are a hundred things going on, but it's all NDA, or spoilers, or too soon to talk about.

Gonna start hacking away at an OP for a new thread, I think. There's nothing wrong with this one, but early 2013 is going to have a LOT of new Robo stuff and I'd like to reboot the thread to accommodate it.

Oh please please say that it has something to do with a somewhat large event in New York next month from the 10th to the 13th

Hyperactive
Mar 10, 2004

RICHARDS!

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

Oh please please say that it has something to do with a somewhat large event in New York next month from the 10th to the 13th
I don't even know what that is, so not a chance!

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Hyperactive posted:

Good choices!

Always with the new robo stuff when I don't have disposable income :(

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Evil Mastermind posted:

Look what Fred Hicks just leaked as part of the grand finale of the Fate Core Kickstarer:

:allears:

Sooooooooooo... who is going to start a play by post game of this?

Hyperactive
Mar 10, 2004

RICHARDS!

Len posted:

Always with the new robo stuff when I don't have disposable income :(
Technically you have disposable income, but the wrong priorities.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Hyperactive posted:

I don't even know what that is, so not a chance!

Dang. It's toyfair, so that means no Robo action figures this year. (Yet? Maybe?)

Hyperactive
Mar 10, 2004

RICHARDS!

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

Dang. It's toyfair, so that means no Robo action figures this year. (Yet? Maybe?)
None planned, sorry.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:

Hyperactive posted:

None planned, sorry.

I would kill for an Atomic Robo action figure... :(

Hyperactive
Mar 10, 2004

RICHARDS!

IronSaber posted:

I would kill for an Atomic Robo action figure... :(
There's this.

Benito Cereno
Jan 20, 2006

ALLEZ-OUP!

This too.

Hyperactive
Mar 10, 2004

RICHARDS!

Raaaaaadical.

Our own letterer/layout wizard Jeff Powell worked up an official Team Robo Mini Mugg design.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

I just want a Tesladyne t-shirt with the logo and "Remain Calm Trust In Science" dammit! I have money and I would tender it unto you in exchange for such a shirt.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:
What if I wanted one with Kung-Fu grip and a button that makes Robo say "I just used my violence on them" or "Oh applesauce?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

IronSaber posted:

What if I wanted one with Kung-Fu grip and a button that makes Robo say "I just used my violence on them" or "Oh applesauce?"

Well then they'd have to make a Dr Dinosaur one with a button that makes him scream "CRYSTALS!!"

• Locked thread