Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.
So, how many games in the final total for the game pack?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chef Boyardee
Oct 25, 2007

freindly

Zarikov
Jun 20, 2004

Metal Gear? Metal Gear? Metal Gear!
Dinosaur Gum
Hey Chef I have a question! I think I asked you this ages ago on Frankie's stream, but here goes again;
Have you made any plans to release the ToG pack at some point for those who didn't get them from the kickstarter? Some of the stuff I saw on the stream was really impressive and made me regret being too broke to get the ToG pack before the kickstarter ended :(

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math
Answered in this thread already:

Chef Boyardee posted:

I think everything available during this Kickstarter (other than the game) is only going to be available for now.

Chef Boyardee posted:

The problem is that a lot of them are games that we contributed to but aren't officially ToG, like a lot of the GZStorm games. First, they don't belong to us. We have permission to include them in the ToG pack (and we keep getting permission to include more games we worked on, so we're constantly adding to it) but they aren't our property. The second is that some of these games (like Sewer Goblet) break copyrights and we can't sell them.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.

Call Now posted:

Bcause of this loving posts Amazon now sends me emails about such products as "Cradle to the Coffin The Fable of Dracula and Lulu" or "Senpai: The Tale of the Gallant Dandelion - Book 1".

Thanks. :sigh:

I looked those up. They're both real. gently caress loving gently caress gently caress gently caress.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Chef Boyardee posted:

I could also see how this would leave room for exploitation once people figured out how to manipulate the seed.
Why worry about that? As long as it's not an online multiplayer game, I see no reason why we should restrict people from cheating. If people figure out a way to manipulate seeds to create some sort of ridiculous supergun that fires giant missile's that kill everyone on the screen, why restrict them? If someone cheats in a game, they make a conscious decision to break the game for themselves. Why stop their fun?

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax
For future reference, which phrase in that post set off your Google Alert?

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Another method would be to make the gun's stats and such based on the seed, while the price is based off its stats in some sort of formula so people still need to pay an appropriate amount for their "max stats in every category" supergun.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

BiggerJ posted:

I looked those up. They're both real. gently caress loving gently caress gently caress gently caress.

Enter a world where nothing is as it seems.
A grim story where innocence is lost, and purpose is found.
A young Dracula and his pet goat Lulu embark on an adventure that will change the course of their lives, and the rest of the world, forever.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
I can't see gun's's'haring being that interesting, really. It'll just make loot less interesting since you can just have someone toss you a good gun's code.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

They could always just be a mod for your gun's based on the other player's gun's. Or you could fuse them together to make a new gun's like Kid Icarus.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Dorroile posted:

I can't see gun's's'haring being that interesting, really. It'll just make loot less interesting since you can just have someone toss you a good gun's code.

I'd imagine that it'd be balanced in such a way that redeeming a good gun's code would be really expensive.

Perhaps there could be a "combat sim" feature where you could punch in gun's codes and play around with them.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

Has any attempt been made to contact He Who Slams with the Best, Charles Barkley?

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 10:42 on Jan 26, 2013

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

No.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Here's an idea for gun's-sharing: If straight up sharing with other players can't be implemented, make some subforum on DwarfNET where some of the NPC posters post guns you can use, and the selection improves based on story progression or something.

With the caveat that all of the guns turn out to be incredibly lovely and useless in their own unique, special ways.

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Dorroile posted:

Here's an idea for gun's-sharing: If straight up sharing with other players can't be implemented, make some subforum on DwarfNET where some of the NPC posters post guns you can use, and the selection improves based on story progression or something.

With the caveat that all of the guns turn out to be incredibly lovely and useless in their own unique, special ways.

This idea is actually really awesome.
Also make it impossible to copypaste the codes from dwarfnet so you have to write them down on paper

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Chef Boyardee posted:

So I guess mono has a learning curve.
The biggest risk, in case you didn't know this already, is that if you don't be kind to yourself you could have it for a long, long time. I have a bad habit of overworking myself when I get interested in something, so when the doctor said I had mono during my sophomore year of college, I didn't really take it seriously and kept working at stuff. I figured I felt better a month later, no problem.

That next year I did absolutely awful at school (for me, I didn't risk dropping out or anything), and by the time I came home for the summer I was kind of walking around like a zombie half the time. My father immediately knew something serious was wrong and told me to go to the doctor's, who promptly told me I still had the same case of mono from 13 months earlier.

So yeah regarding learning curve, this is what I learned: Mono will kick your loving rear end.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Francois Kofko posted:

This idea is actually really awesome.
Also make it impossible to copypaste the codes from dwarfnet so you have to write them down on paper

Make it weird symbols and glyphs so that you end up having to draw out B∯∝ℵ☃☭♔

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

This may be relevant to the thread.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
Hahaha that's loving awesome. I wish I was the kind of person who could just sort of show up on TV at random and take over broadcasts without warning and get away with it.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Coolguye posted:

The biggest risk, in case you didn't know this already, is that if you don't be kind to yourself you could have it for a long, long time. I have a bad habit of overworking myself when I get interested in something, so when the doctor said I had mono during my sophomore year of college, I didn't really take it seriously and kept working at stuff. I figured I felt better a month later, no problem.

That next year I did absolutely awful at school (for me, I didn't risk dropping out or anything), and by the time I came home for the summer I was kind of walking around like a zombie half the time. My father immediately knew something serious was wrong and told me to go to the doctor's, who promptly told me I still had the same case of mono from 13 months earlier.

So yeah regarding learning curve, this is what I learned: Mono will kick your loving rear end.
I thought I had mono for an entire year once but it turned out I was just really bored.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

The Rokstar posted:

I thought I had mono for an entire year once but it turned out I was just really bored.

Diablo 3 will do that to you.

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

I am really looking forward to this vidcon. One thing that's bugged me since hearing of this marvelous studio, what's with the superfluous apostrophe in Tales of Game's? Barkley 1 does it with guns (gun's) too.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

The apostrophe increases power by 31%.

Chef Boyardee
Oct 25, 2007

freindly

HelmetCheese posted:

I am really looking forward to this vidcon. One thing that's bugged me since hearing of this marvelous studio, what's with the superfluous apostrophe in Tales of Game's? Barkley 1 does it with guns (gun's) too.
It's important.

Wario In Real Life
Nov 9, 2009

by T. Finninho
Where's my tunes at? I need them.

Chef Boyardee
Oct 25, 2007

freindly
All the digital rewards are ready and done, we ran into a stupid server issue and we're testing some DNS stuff to make sure it will be able to handle a billion GB worth of downloads in the next few days. We want to do it very soon, like tomorrow or the next day, but we just need to make sure the server and script is ready.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
So, the Skullgirls devs did a charity drive stream dealio yesterday where they let people pay a bunch of voice actors to say wacky poo poo, and apparently someone donated a bunch of money to get a DBZ VA to read the Barkley prologue or something?

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
That was the kickstarter money.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

So, the Skullgirls devs did a charity drive stream dealio yesterday where they let people pay a bunch of voice actors to say wacky poo poo, and apparently someone donated a bunch of money to get a DBZ VA to read the Barkley prologue or something?
Who was it, this is important.

Lets! Get! Weird!
Aug 18, 2012

Black King Bazinga
Did anyone mention the game got a multipage article in the current PC Gamer directly after their Bioshock write-up?

Heti
May 22, 2007

I like Video Games

Lets! Get! Weird! posted:

Did anyone mention the game got a multipage article in the current PC Gamer directly after their Bioshock write-up?

Wow, that's awesome. Is it illegal to ask for scans? If so I am definitely not asking for scans.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Wait, so the download limit exceeded thing means that if I haven't already received an email containing all the stuff I pledged for, I should send emails to the specified addresses in order to receive them?

O__O
Jan 26, 2011

by Cowcaster

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Wait, so the download limit exceeded thing means that if I haven't already received an email containing all the stuff I pledged for, I should send emails to the specified addresses in order to receive them?

No, if you read the post they're getting their servers ready, so you should actually just chill out.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

Who was it, this is important.

Kyle Herbert, aka The Announcer from DBZ.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

HelmetCheese posted:

Did you notice the red line under the letter in the logo as well? I think that one is much more subtle and funny than the apostrophe.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

notZaar posted:

Did you notice the red line under the letter in the logo as well? I think that one is much more subtle and funny than the apostrophe.

Holy poo poo.

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
do you still not understand?

Archenteron posted:

Kyle Herbert, aka The Announcer from DBZ.

Is there a clip of this online anywhere? I can't find it, but I need to.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

ProfessorProf posted:

Is there a clip of this online anywhere? I can't find it, but I need to.

Go to about 9:07:30 where it begins. The first blurb is read, then someone else donates more and more is read.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
do you still not understand?

Archenteron posted:

Go to about 9:07:30 where it begins. The first blurb is read, then someone else donates more and more is read.

I should not have listened to this in the office.