Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
apsouthern
May 24, 2007

Chain Gang Soldier
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXg3XxHTsJc

Colt Cabana recommends you visit the dentist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Generic CAW
Aug 11, 2007

BLANDTASTIC!

Dude reacting to her filming the toys are loving hysterical. "Yeah, film it, I'm a loving retard. I play with toys."

God Of Paradise
Jan 23, 2012
You know, I'd be less worried about my 16 year old daughter dating a successful 40 year old cartoonist than dating a 16 year old loser.

I mean, Jesus, kid, at least date a motherfucker with abortion money and house to have sex at where your mother and I don't have to hear it. Also, if he treats her poorly, boom, that asshole's gonna catch a statch charge.

Please, John K. Date my daughter... Save her from dating smelly dropouts who wanna-be Soundcloud rappers.

I'm amazed at how out of his league that girl is. I mean, she's not glamorous or super hot or anything, but that guy is so below average that I'm amazed. I'm amazed that a guy who throws his toy replica belt in rage as an adult has an average seeming girl. Yep.

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
I came across this while doing research.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIAKnGujUVM

Now I want to see him do this in Chikara.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Generic CAW posted:

Dude reacting to her filming the toys are loving hysterical. "Yeah, film it, I'm a loving retard. I play with toys."
It's like that opposite of that scene in Spaceballs

Jefferoo
Jun 24, 2008

by Lowtax

Jack Anderson posted:

I came across this while doing research.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIAKnGujUVM

Now I want to see him do this in Chikara.

John Cena should get his rear end beaten by the Rock so badly that he vanishes into kayfabe ICU land, and returns as this to take the US title back from Cesaro. Even have an Evangelion-esque video package of a shadowy room full of old men in suits deciding the fate of the world hinting at his return. John Cena would go over like no man before him.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
Someone awesome has uploaded some DVD's of every single NWO segment. This is just disc 1 of 44.

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

Childs Play Charity 2011 Total: $1755
http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=50140086n

Rock's Got Milk ad

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
Bret Hart puts over CM Punk as unique, proclaims Hunter to never have a great match ever (including Mania with Taker, HIAC), only good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSNJX1aBDSw

For those who seethe when hearing Bret, he states that he could envision the entire Taker/HHH match in his head before it happened and it was by the numbers to him. Called it a 3/10 or 4/10. However, when CM Punk goes out to the ring he does things unique and fresh.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Paper Jam Dipper posted:

Bret Hart puts over CM Punk as unique, proclaims Hunter to never have a great match ever (including Mania with Taker, HIAC), only good

For those who seethe when hearing Bret, he states that he could envision the entire Taker/HHH match in his head before it happened and it was by the numbers to him. Called it a 3/10 or 4/10. However, when CM Punk goes out to the ring he does things unique and fresh.

That assessment of the Taker/HHH match is hilarious to me. I'm sorry but that match wasn't about workrate or moves or anything other than telling a story, and I literally could not care less if the story was predictable, it was an amazing story and spectacle.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Paper Jam Dipper posted:

I agree with him on the Taker/HHH match, but to say that HHH has never had a great match? That's going way too far and just refusing to let a grudge go.

Chemi
Jan 1, 2004

foppish
I'm not sure if that's right or not. Personally, I can't think of a match I really loved with HHH, but I'm no expert on what makes a 'great match'. However, by all accounts, HHH was a massive douche and a total sycophant from his original DX run with Shawn Michaels onwards. Bret Hart spells it out quite nicely in his book and Jericho, in his second book, refers to a number of occasion where HHH behaved pretty appallingly (although Jericho apologises for him very generously). With that in mind, I'm not surprised a number of people do hold grudges against him.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

I can understand where he's coming from, but HHH/Cactus Jack at RR2000 proves him wrong in one move.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Bret has some weird opinions. Remember when he said Melina was the best?

God Of Paradise
Jan 23, 2012
You know, I'd be less worried about my 16 year old daughter dating a successful 40 year old cartoonist than dating a 16 year old loser.

I mean, Jesus, kid, at least date a motherfucker with abortion money and house to have sex at where your mother and I don't have to hear it. Also, if he treats her poorly, boom, that asshole's gonna catch a statch charge.

Please, John K. Date my daughter... Save her from dating smelly dropouts who wanna-be Soundcloud rappers.
Everyone is overrated. HHH marks surely wouldn't think he's overrated. Neither would Bret marks think that of him. I figure they're both a little overrated.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Saying HHH never had a great match is absurd. Saying HHH never had a great match with someone who wasn't a great worker, would be much less absurd.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

VogeGandire posted:

I can understand where he's coming from, but HHH/Cactus Jack at RR2000 proves him wrong in one move.

Can a match really prove a guy wrong in one move?

Also, what was the story being told in HHH vs. Taker HIAC other than people yelling how it's an end of an era? To be honest I haven't watched it yet. Because every clip I see of it is just HHH and Taker doing things that was considered not PG while being really old guys.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Paper Jam Dipper posted:

Oh, I meant his "Triple H has never had a great match" statement. In one move (that match), he's proven wrong.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Bret slagging anybody for wrestling a predictable match is hilarious

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Paper Jam Dipper posted:

Also, what was the story being told in HHH vs. Taker HIAC other than people yelling how it's an end of an era? To be honest I haven't watched it yet. Because every clip I see of it is just HHH and Taker doing things that was considered not PG while being really old guys.

HHH broke Taker after their WM27 match. Taker won, but HHH walked out. No one's ever done that. Taker's goal is to prove to HHH that he can't get it done. Shawn's in there because he was forced to accept Taker's better than him (in kayfabe) and in theory could want revenge (and help his best friend in the process), adding drama to the match. HHH threw everything he had at him (and HBK for that matter) and it meant nothing. Taker was still better.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

SamuraiFoochs posted:

HHH broke Taker after their WM27 match. Taker won, but HHH walked out. No one's ever done that. Taker's goal is to prove to HHH that he can't get it done. Shawn's in there because he was forced to accept Taker's better than him (in kayfabe) and in theory could want revenge (and help his best friend in the process), adding drama to the match. HHH threw everything he had at him (and HBK for that matter) and it meant nothing. Taker was still better.

I'll probably watch the match sometime tonight but I can understand why Bret would feel it's still boring to him by that explanation. It would be HHH doing everything he did in the last match and everything he does in every match, but now it's added with HBK with interferences. Am I going to see like five Pedigrees in this match?

That said, I don't entirely agree with Bret either. Austin vs. Rock at WM17 was them pretty much doing what they always do but the story involved elevated it. There was meaning to Austin's desperation and Rock's resilience. It wasn't just a chair shot, it was accepting the devil. And so on.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Also you could see Trips getting more and more frustrated as his attempts to put down Taker failed. Finally he hits a point where he stops being angry at Taker and starts being terrified of his folly. It was pretty awesome.

HBK spends most of the match confused/conflicted and selling the gravity of the situation too.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Gaylord Plower posted:

Also you could see Trips getting more and more frustrated as his attempts to put down Taker failed. Finally he hits a point where he stops being angry at Taker and starts being terrified of his folly. It was pretty awesome.

HBK spends most of the match confused/conflicted and selling the gravity of the situation too.

Yeah both of these are very very true.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Its a match without all the history or backstory known loses alot of impact but if you do know it all it was one of the most emotionally invested matches I've ever watched and I did enjoy every second of it and thought everyone played their role as expected to near perfection.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hVZV54a9M8

I don't know if this should go here, but it is a Youtube video. Here's Tom Dotterer, the man who had his liquor store held up and was shot in the eye but when interviewed for local news he complained more about Rock beating Punk at the Rumble, who gets a surprise call from Punk during a radio interview.

He sounds like the most humble man on the planet and I'm seriously in awe of how eerily calm he is about everything.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

New Gentlemen's Club
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ptjl7zW-Nk8

Quantrill
Nov 18, 2005

The Ants thing is hilarious.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Grizzly Redwood knows how to Be a Star.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
The whole lot of them will never be seen in Chikara again once Quack gets wind of these videos. :ohdear:

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

They went through all that trouble uploading those videos and then in the most important part, Bash at the Beach 96, there's no sound for 30 minutes.

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

New episode of The Reem

https://vimeo.com/58786194

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Vrmp70C7yo
New Botchamania with a NL Inc ad :stare:

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
The Batiri are always awesome. :allears:

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

That whole Baba segment wasn't even a botch, and Steen F5ing Mack onto Knox was a planned Ref bump. Botchamania is overrated.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.

KungFu Grip posted:

That whole Baba segment wasn't even a botch, and Steen F5ing Mack onto Knox was a planned Ref bump. Botchamania is overrated.

On the other hand the Miz figure four with David Flair's music was pretty funny.

Chemi
Jan 1, 2004

foppish

Super Ninja Fish posted:

They went through all that trouble uploading those videos and then in the most important part, Bash at the Beach 96, there's no sound for 30 minutes.
True but those first videos really make clear why the nWo was so loving hot back then. Seriously, those were some well worked segments. It feels pretty fresh now and it was the mid-90s then

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
JON GETS STABBED TO DEATH
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON

Chemi posted:

True but those first videos really make clear why the nWo was so loving hot back then. Seriously, those were some well worked segments. It feels pretty fresh now and it was the mid-90s then

That's exactly what I thought watching the first 15 minutes of it. Two job guys are fighting in the ring (the NWO angle starts the wrestling boom would lead to that never happening again) and Hall comes out and cuts a promo, that's it. Nash doesn't show up until 2 weeks later, and they don't even attack anyone until a week after Nash debuts. Such a slow build, but it was white hot. I remember people in middle school who didn't even watch wrestling talking about Hall and Nash showing up in WCW. I didn't believe them (I didn't watch WCW) and I thought they had no clue what they were talking about. Then they go on to completely dominate the entire WCW roster while insinuating they were from the competing company. Which is exactly the opposite of what the WWF did and it ruined the greatest business and entertainment opportunity wrestling will ever know.

That kind of thing will never happen again either :saddowns:

Chemi
Jan 1, 2004

foppish
Indeed, and the realism really came across, especially in the historical context. You had obvious characters like Sting with the facepaint in WCW or Yokozuna in WWF, promos where wrestlers would shout incessantly at the camera, and ostentatious costumes. The early nWo segments really broke that mould. You had Hall and Nash using their real names in street clothes, talking to the camera about the owners of the business. It was such a sharp contrast with how things had been done and it was central to re-capturing the audience that had been kids in the era of Hulk Hogan but had grown up and couldn't suspend disbelief readily.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

KungFu Grip posted:

Steen F5ing Mack onto Knox was a planned Ref bump. Botchamania is overrated.

I'd like to hope that they didn't intend for Mack to land directly on Knox's head. Man that was nasty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Jesus, how lovely did that match look before Hall showed up on the nWo thing? Good lord.

• Locked thread