Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HelloWinter
May 27, 2012

"Hey, Nagito, what'cha
thinkin' about?"

"Oh, y'know. Murder stuff."
http://www.batoto.net/read/_/153637/onepunch-man_ch20.5_by_boon-scanlation/3

You can notice that Saitama's hair is starting to shed while he's doing pushups. The attention to detail on this comic is just so great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Only in this manga could that face on page 13 mean very bad things for the villain.

Also we meet another person who gained super powers via a vastly underpowered workout routine. The infomercials in this world that replace the P90X and Insanity Workout infomercials must be fantastic.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005
I get the feeling it may eventually be a thing that someone tries to defeat Saitama via psychological warfare.

If not that, mystical bullshit. Even Supes is weak to mystical bullshit.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
This comic continues to surprise. I never thought the stinging pain holding him back...would just be a tooth ache.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

In his defense tooth aches are pretty much the worst.

advokat
Nov 17, 2012
I kept taking it literally at first, myself. As in, he was being stinged by mosquitoes all through his training, and that is why he hates them so drat much. Maybe I was just projecting though. :v:

It being a tooth ache certainly makes sense though.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
It was a parody on the "sudden acute pains = hidden transformation into superbeing" cliche.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

AnonSpore posted:

It was a parody on the "sudden acute pains = hidden transformation into superbeing" cliche.

Which is what I expected...drat cliches :arghfist:

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

Zorak posted:

But is mystical bullshit immune to punches?

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Zorak posted:

I get the feeling it may eventually be a thing that someone tries to defeat Saitama via psychological warfare.

I imagine Saitama isn't smart enough to interpret psychological warfare, and that'll end up with him being oblivious and just punching things as normal.

zerosix
Jun 22, 2012
The back stories of the monsters are getting progressively more bazaar.

"I shadow boxed with my pull cord until i turned into a monster!" :allears:

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Nahxela posted:

I imagine Saitama isn't smart enough to interpret psychological warfare, and that'll end up with him being oblivious and just punching things as normal.

Saitama's response to psychological warfare.

Renzuko
Oct 10, 2012

Maximum 10 words.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

Renzuko posted:

Maximum 10 words.

I know the secret of why your hair fell out.

Dr. Strange M.D.
Oct 30, 2012

Kuvo posted:

I know the secret of why your hair fell out.

He would only care if you could tell him how to get it back.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

zerosix posted:

The back stories of the monsters are getting progressively more bazaar.

"I shadow boxed with my pull cord until i turned into a monster!" :allears:

They started of fpretty bizarre. Didn't the first monster Saitama killed turn into a crab monster by eating too much canned crab meat?

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

So what is the distinction between the heroes and the monsters anyway, just whether or not they're registered?

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Whether they use their powers for good or for evil, just like any other superhero setting. Excluding monsters and malevolent aliens, of course.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
So far they're still human(except for Horse-in-a-suit) too, but who knows what they'd do if a good monster showed up.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Be Registered it seems... also Genos and a bunch are made with TECH rather than who the gently caress knows.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
A pretty motivational chapter.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
It is no use. No lesser man could possibly endure Saitama's daily exercise routine.

onepixeljumpman
Jun 23, 2010

In a world where one bear has a shotgun: Fuck.
We'll know if we start seeing a new bald guy with glasses hanging around.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

onepixeljumpman posted:

We'll know if we start seeing a new bald guy with glasses hanging around.

I hope he shows up again in the future as Two Punch Man.

PaganGoatPants fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Jan 31, 2013

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
This joins Yotsubato as one of the only series where every single chapter makes me grin like a madman.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

PaganGoatPants posted:

No no. He becomes the new Onepunch Man, while Saitama becomes Onewink man.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

7c Nickel posted:

This joins Yotsubato as one of the only series where every single chapter makes me grin like a madman.

Seriously. It's just so drat good and I can't get enough of it.

onepixeljumpman
Jun 23, 2010

In a world where one bear has a shotgun: Fuck.

PaganGoatPants posted:

Right. Then the two will have a combination sequence where they become One-Twopunch Man. Psychic superpowers, mutations, horrible monstrosities from beyond time are no match for perfected fundamentals.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Serious Frolicking posted:

It is no use. No lesser man could possibly endure Saitama's daily exercise routine.

I bet this guy uses his air conditioner and doesn't even eat a banana in the morning.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
God, I love this manga so much. The entire time I kept thinking to myself, "Wait, that's not supposed to be Saitama, is he? He talks kind of like him, but he's drawn differently... Really loved how that worked out.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
This chapter should be hung on my wall so I can look at it when I start thinking I'm not good enough for my field.

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom
I fully expect this guy to show up and announce (with a full head of hair) that he trained exactly as Saitama did everyday... Except for only two years and eleven months. Thereby making him no match for Saitama who endured that extra month.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Liar posted:

I fully expect this guy to show up and announce (with a full head of hair) that he trained exactly as Saitama did everyday... Except for only two years and eleven months. Thereby making him no match for Saitama who endured that extra month.

Can't do that with a full head of hair since Saitama's started falling out at the begining. But if he turned on the AC or skipped breakfast/didn't eat a bannana every day, well that's a different story.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
Saitama saves us from a problem that has plagued this world for years. The solution: One Punch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opADNvgeZYY

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom

Gyges posted:

Can't do that with a full head of hair since Saitama's started falling out at the begining. But if he turned on the AC or skipped breakfast/didn't eat a bannana every day, well that's a different story.

The whole balding thing actually worries me that Saitama may have been running past a nuclear power plant everyday, and his strength will be explained as mutation from radiation.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Liar posted:

The whole balding thing actually worries me that Saitama may have been running past a nuclear power plant everyday, and his strength will be explained as mutation from radiation.

Possible, but that's not really the theme that's been running through the series. It's been more like "ordinary people with extraordinary willpower/tenacity can exceed their limits and become superhuman." Not just with Saitama but also with a lot of the mysterious beings who've appeared so far. One of the S-rank heroes, Kurobikari, is someone who lifted weights since he was a boy and became a massively powerful and muscular man.

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!
I'm impressed by how One managed to re-use the "special day sale" joke, while at the same time putting a new twist on it.

Electric Crayon
Jul 20, 2004

Oh, it's you!
The demon fan even has streamers on it :allears:

Electric Crayon fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Feb 1, 2013

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
I like how Saitama just unintentionally taught someone more than he has ever intentionally taught Genos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

That's not hard, since he's never intentionally taught Genos anything. :v: