Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sir Cornelius
Oct 30, 2011

Sockington posted:

It's more wagon than the current model. :colbert:

To claim that there exist things worse than the currently discussed not-a-wagon does not make the not-a-wagon an almost-wagon. It's a hatchback and a provocation. Hatchbacks does not belong here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Sir Cornelius posted:

To claim that there exist things worse than the currently discussed not-a-wagon does not make the not-a-wagon an almost-wagon. It's a hatchback and a provocation. Hatchbacks does not belong here.

Bah, it's got a D pillar and the roofline extends past the rear wheel well and covers > 50% of the load floor. It's a wagon.

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

Sir Cornelius posted:

Why do you want to divide use so badly? Mr. Cornelius, tear down this wall!

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

Sir Cornelius posted:

That's not a wagon, it's a hatchback. Get out!

Dude. Beggars can't be choosers.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

It's got a D pillar, so it's a wagon :colbert:

(Yes Cornelious, that means my Panda was a wagon, too. No, this is not up for debate)

rarbatrol
Apr 17, 2011

Hurt//maim//kill.
There are no wagon pictures on this page.

Edit: Until now.

rarbatrol fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Jan 27, 2013

dubzee
Oct 23, 2008

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

Finally got some decent quattro weather here in Minneapolis.

DropShadow fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Jan 28, 2013

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

Speculative render of a Tesla Model S wagon (via http://www.theophiluschin.com/?p=4407)

I'd happily drive that.

Also from that site:
Aston Martin Rapide Shooting Brake
MB CLA Shooting Brake
Audi A1 Avant

DropShadow fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Jan 31, 2013

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

I'm getting heavy Mazda 6 vibes from it, as well as some general vague sort of European wagon vibes as well, which is not a bad thing at all.

I like it.

KozmoNaut fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Jan 31, 2013

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

DropShadow posted:

Speculative render of a Tesla Model S wagon (via http://www.theophiluschin.com/?p=4407)

I have an unusually large stiffie for this car. I pray the automotive gods let it be built.

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

KozmoNaut posted:

I'm getting heavy Mazda 6 vibes from it, as well as some general vague sort of European wagon vibes as well, which is not a bad thing at all.

I like it.

I'm thinking a Citroen grill, Mazda style lights, and an rear end end from an Audi. Now apply a wagon body on a nice smooth Aston Martin body style...

Success.

LobsterboyX
Jun 27, 2003
I want to eat my chicken.

The newest addition to my fleet.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."
Nice.

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

LobsterboyX posted:

The newest addition to my fleet.

gently caress yes.

Serendipitaet
Apr 19, 2009

I came here to post this. This is the best car.

My dad bought one when I was 3 years old, 22 years later it's still driven daily. During that time, with proper maintenance, it never broke down once or needed major work.

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

:getin:
Why do wagons rule again? Oh yes, I can load a whole bunch of tools, still have room leftover in the trunk. AND still seat 5 people. This thing is a whale most of the time, but it's awesome.

Sviatoslav
Feb 9, 2010
HA! I grossly overloaded my Volvo 855 with a 302, a set of 351w heads, T5 trans, an AW-77 trans (for a friend), engine stand, a few exhaust manifolds, a t6 turbo, and a whole bunch of other stuff to put a Ford V8 into a 30 yearold Volvo 245 (that I'm still working and not working on)... and then drove it for 5hrs through a snow storm across the entire state of Ohio from Dayton to Cleveland.

Road_Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
My wife's pile of crap with our camper trailer attached:

I can't wait to get rid of this loving thing. Yes you can put heaps of crap in it and yes it is RWD with an I6 engine but goddamn it is gutless and I've spent more on repairs in 12 months than I have in 6 years of owning my other Falcon.

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

Goddamn I want a wagon, never dealing with a goddamn bike rack again. :argh: The paint was peeling anyway.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
Because wagons are awesome. :colbert:

Moose12
Dec 8, 2007

shit YEAH

GramCracker posted:

Because wagons are awesome. :colbert:

Hot drat I love your car. It makes me want a wagon in the worst possible way.

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe
I'm going to go out and kick the tires on this thing tonight. Says 'low miles 110k-ish' but we will see.

Plus I'm not forking over the 2500 he wants.

79' Volvo 245DL

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...
110K-ish miles when the odometer broke in 1984.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Or on the odometer he bought on eBay and put into it.

$2500 is way high unless that thing is absofuckinglutely pristine with no leaks or faults of any sort, and even then with the poor paint quality I see I'd still say the guy's high as a kite.

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe

IOwnCalculus posted:

Or on the odometer he bought on eBay and put into it.

$2500 is way high unless that thing is absofuckinglutely pristine with no leaks or faults of any sort, and even then with the poor paint quality I see I'd still say the guy's high as a kite.

I'm also leery about the Alaskan plates. But who knows, never know until you go have a look.

It has been on CL for a couple weeks but they've not gone down in price. If I could get him into the $1500 range we'd be talking.

Solar Coaster
Sep 2, 2009

Willfrey posted:

I'm going to go out and kick the tires on this thing tonight. Says 'low miles 110k-ish' but we will see.

Plus I'm not forking over the 2500 he wants.

79' Volvo 245DL

Make sure to check the condition of the biodegradable wiring harnesses.

Radio-Controlled
Mar 31, 2005
The man for the job.
I picked up this peppy little beast after my Ciera's strut tower tried to make an exit through it's hood. 2008 Toyota Pontiac Vibe. 1.8L 5 speed. My first wagon. Not my last.

ThirstyBuck
Nov 6, 2010

My old wagon. 89 745 Turbo.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Now that we finally have it back from the nightmare that has been the purchase and subsequent mechanic fuckups from the place we bought it from, I've gotten a chance to hoon the wife's wagon around a bit. Since they cracked the engine cover bad enough for it to start throwing maf codes, I replaced it with a neuspeed intake so now you hear glorious turbo noises in the power band. 2.0TFSI in a wagon ain't nothing to sneer at. :getin:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

:getin:
The Maine state vehicle preforming the Maine state activity

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
Reading this thread has made me really wish I got an 05 Legacy GT Wagon instead of a non-GT sedan :(

blk
Dec 19, 2009

One-off Rapide wagon built for Aston/Bertone enthusiast.

The Big Jesus posted:

Reading this thread has made me really wish I got an 05 Legacy GT Wagon instead of a non-GT sedan :(

Those are so impossible to find clean/low mileage now, and you pay out the nose for em :(

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Check this out:

http://www.ksl.com/auto/listing/373493?ad_cid=1

I wants it bad.

notfred
Dec 1, 2005

I already posted this in the "post your ride" thread, but this is my new (2002) wagon, and it seems to be the first one of these to show up in this thread:

I'm doing a sort of mini-restoration on it. It looks pretty good now, but should hopefully look nearly new when it's done.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Friend of mine just messaged me about a 2005 Magnum RT AWD for sale for $7000 with under 100K miles (claims clean Carfax too). I had El Camino fever but maybe I want to be part of the wagon crowd now?

Drunken Lullabies
Aug 1, 2006

by Debbie Metallica

Rhyno posted:

Friend of mine just messaged me about a 2005 Magnum RT AWD for sale for $7000 with under 100K miles (claims clean Carfax too). I had El Camino fever but maybe I want to be part of the wagon crowd now?

If you can deal with huge blind spots and potential suspension/steering issues down the road, Magnums aren't a bad car. They often can be had for way less than comparable wagons. I've been told by a few dealerships in the area that it's because they didn't sell very well (I have no idea if this is true, but I can believe it because I doubt many dodge customers/Americans in general are shopping for a wagon) and many of them were leased. Not knowing your area or market, that sounds like a good deal if it checks out.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
Playing paintball using 2 Audi RS4 Avants, that's pretty AI and supremely awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxhif43pLJ0

StarcraftM
Jan 15, 2008

Full Fuckin' Circle.

Rhyno posted:

I would buy this in a heartbeat. I've been looking for one with <100k, RT, and AWD forever here in MA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

StarcraftM posted:

I would buy this in a heartbeat. I've been looking for one with <100k, RT, and AWD forever here in MA.

Going to check it out on Thurday. I'm told it's just under 100K with the OD sitting at 99,560. Newish tires, minimal dings and body flaws from the pictures.

Edit: God drat it, it sold a loving week ago. My friend is an idiot.

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Feb 27, 2013

• Locked thread