Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

I bought the 2012 Paradox Pack...and I'm not even that big on strategy games, the value per $ was too overwhelming :shepicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
I found that clicking "PC Downloads" in the top left would show the "Show Product Key" button, but now it's not working again. And Tony, you guys really need to add a "Show all Product Keys" button because it's really annoying to keep refreshing the page.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Sober posted:

This is probably worse than Steam sales because I have coupons that I know I should spend ahhhhhh

There's plenty of people in the thread (myself included) who'd be happy to help you spend your coupons :shobon:

( http://steamcommunity.com/id/blasmeister/ if you're interested )

Blasmeister fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Jan 31, 2013

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

If you try to click as many of the show product key buttons as possible before the load, it will usually actually register that, making it easier.

My problem is that after a half an hour of refreshing, I haven't gotten those keys to show properly.

Vodos
Jul 17, 2009

And how do we do that? We hurt a lot of people...

Those Paradox bundles are great Tony!

I have a question you may not be able/want to answer but I'll try anyways. Why does the physical copy of Simcity get a 20$ credit while the digital copy only gets 5$ credit? Is that coming from EA or from Amazon itself? If it's coming from Amazon itself, why is a physical sale worth so much more to them?

WilltheMagicAsian
Dec 11, 2011

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

If you try to click as many of the show product key buttons as possible before the load, it will usually actually register that, making it easier.

My problem is that after a half an hour of refreshing, I haven't gotten those keys to show properly.

Yeah, there seems to be a server sided issue at the moment. I assume that this probably won't get solved until the morning.

WilltheMagicAsian fucked around with this message at 11:11 on Jan 31, 2013

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
They just showed up for me once then disappeared again.

edit; Logging out and back in again seems to fix it at least temporarily. And whoever said that clicking as many as you could before the page reloaded, thanks! It works!

webmeister fucked around with this message at 11:06 on Jan 31, 2013

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

I'm pretty sure I uncovered all the keys, I just need it to work once.

WilltheMagicAsian
Dec 11, 2011

Woo, my keys have returned to me. Whatever server issue they were having seems to have been solved.

Annnnnd, after a refresh they're gone again.

WilltheMagicAsian fucked around with this message at 11:40 on Jan 31, 2013

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
This really sucks, half an hour after purchase I still can't get at my keys. I've had fewer issues buying from keysites than from Amazon, makes em look really amateurish.

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

When SEO just isn't enough.
So I was going to get the 2012 pack but now it's Currently Unavailable. Is that going to be back up at some point or should I cut my losses and just get the CK Pack?

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

PoshAlligator posted:

So I was going to get the 2012 pack but now it's Currently Unavailable. Is that going to be back up at some point or should I cut my losses and just get the CK Pack?

quote:

Hey guys,

For those of you having problems viewing keys, it is just a function of the system getting hammered a bit (lay off the sauce system!), it should resolve itself within an hour or so. Also, and I'll put this in the OP. We are definitely going to run out of keys for the Paradox pack today (1/31) pretty quickly. I just spoke with my Paradox contact (he's in Iceland, I guess it is later in the day there ), they are going to try and get us keys by Friday at the latest and have agreed to keep the promotion up until the end of the day on Saturday. The Editor's Choice coupon will be extended FOR THIS PRODUCT ONLY until the end of the day on Saturday, assuming we get the keys.

So, hopefully we'll get more keys between now and the end of the day on Friday.

Cheers,
Tony

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

When SEO just isn't enough.
It's a bit of a gamble then I guess.

I suppose I could buy a CK pack just in case, and try and trade it off if I do then get the chance to buy the 2012 pack?

Sure you can't extend both, Tony?

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW

Sober posted:

This is probably worse than Steam sales because I have coupons that I know I should spend ahhhhhh

If you want to use some of those up, you can buy me a few things and I'll paypal you some $$ since I am out of coupons. My steam ID is http://steamcommunity.com/id/minifigs if you're interested.

Really kicking myself for not buying the 2012 pack before I went to class.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
This is why I shouldn't have gone to bed, haha. Do we know approximately when keys will be restocked?

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW
Is it possible to just open the pack up for sale, and then we'll all wait patiently until you have more keys? I'd rather get the 2012 pack for $15 but no keys for a week than not get this pack at this price.

tehsid
Dec 24, 2007

Nobility is sadly overrated.

Arnold of Soissons posted:

Is it possible to just open the pack up for sale, and then we'll all wait patiently until you have more keys? I'd rather get the 2012 pack for $15 but no keys for a week than not get this pack at this price.

I don't think they'll do this, because not everybody will wait patiently.

They'll sort it out, don't stress man. You'll get it!

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe

tehsid posted:

They'll sort it out, don't stress man. You'll get it!

Here's what stresses me out. I don't know how many coupons I have, and I want to get a copy of Secret World for a friend, but *not* more than I want this paradox pack. WHAT DO I DO OH GOD.

tehsid
Dec 24, 2007

Nobility is sadly overrated.

graventy posted:

Here's what stresses me out. I don't know how many coupons I have, and I want to get a copy of Secret World for a friend, but *not* more than I want this paradox pack. WHAT DO I DO OH GOD.

This is a better deal then the Secret World, for sure. Plus we know the Secret World will go on sale again soon, where this pack is.. well, insane.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Meanwhile, many hours later, the keys that I DID receive still will not show. On any games in the account, even the ones bought long ago. I guess that server issue that was supposed to be resolved "within the hour" about four hours ago didn't actually get resolved.

edit: Aaaaand, my "one last refresh" before heading to sleep got me the codes. Okay, nevermind then!

(no, I haven't been refreshing this whole time)

Dr. Video Games 0031 fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Jan 31, 2013

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
I had been thinking about buying Crusader Kings 2 for a while now. Don't think I'm going to get a better deal than five bucks for everything.

YOURFRIEND
Feb 3, 2009

You're an asshole, Mr. Grinch
You really are a cunt
You're as cuddly as a cockring
and charming being a shitheel

FUCK YOURFRIEND!

graventy posted:

It'll go F2P within the year. Don't stress.

workingdogv1
Jul 10, 2001

:catdrugs:

Meanwhile, many hours later, the keys that I DID receive still will not show. On any games in the account, even the ones bought long ago. I guess that server issue that was supposed to be resolved "within the hour" about four hours ago didn't actually get resolved.

edit: Aaaaand, my "one last refresh" before heading to sleep got me the codes. Okay, nevermind then!

I've been having this problem off and on as well. Currently "on", as I can't see the codes button.

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

I'm the Marketing Manager for Amazon's Digital Video Games group. Feel free to ask me questions about upcoming and current deals. We'll also be doing community giveaways, Q&As with developers, and Podcasts with ++GoodGames.

Hey guys,

Sorry for the delayed response here. Regarding an update for those still having problems viewing their product keys, please contact CS and describe your issue. Make sure to use the words “My keys are not visible in my Games and Software Library” this will ensure you get routed to the correct person who can then get you your keys.

For those curious about the long term solution, we hope to have something more robust in place within the next 6 weeks. Sorry for the inconvenience, and thanks for your patience (and for buying so many games that we need to adjust our systems!).

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!
I thought I'd be able to resist the call of the 2012 pack, but if you get more keys, I don't think I'll be able to help myself...

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
there was this racist piece of shit in your av so I fixed it
you're welcome
pay it forward~
That 2012 pack is something. I had to click 'show more' 3 times, all for $10?
I don't think I've even see War of the Roses (standard) alone at that price.

Lamacq
Jun 15, 2001

Breezeblock RIP
Sorry if this has been answered and I missed it, but is there a way to "earn" another $5 coupon? I used mine a few weeks ago on Hotline Miami. Are they still doing the thing where I can purchase an "editors choice" game or something and get a $5 coupon that I can use for the microsoft indie bundle?

BurnBlackJay
May 31, 2011

by Lowtax
Can the paradox bundles (on amazon.com) be purchased from the UK? Great deals by the way!

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

YOURFRIEND posted:

It'll go F2P within the year. Don't stress.

Isn't already subscription free?

RUM hack
Nov 18, 2003

glug glug

BurnBlackJay posted:

Can the paradox bundles (on amazon.com) be purchased from the UK? Great deals by the way!

Doesn't look like it. Seems it requires a US billing address, which is a bit of a poo poo.

Pity, massive discounts are the only way I can justify to myself buying DLC.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
EDIT: had a coupon but not anymore

Incessant Excess fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Jan 31, 2013

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW

Biggest human being Ever posted:

If you need something purchased from Amazon let me know, I still have a coupon left over. Keep in mind tho that the system amazon has for giving out the keys is a lil dicey, so it may not work right away. http://steamcommunity.com/id/Snorefingers

Adding you for this.

blue.eyed.ash
Jul 17, 2006

Winner of the 'How Badly Will A Phone Game Milk Us Idiot Cash Cows?' Contest!

Answer: About $70USD for a bad character that unlocks the grind for another.

extra letters: star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-l
EDIT: Turns out that I didn't have a $5 Editor's Choice credit like I thought I had, but apparently some GameBattles MLG credit instead. :doh:

blue.eyed.ash fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Feb 1, 2013

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Amazon seems to be having some issues, can't even get to amazon.com right now.

njark
Apr 26, 2008

Show them the Wasteland

Obsurveyor posted:

Isn't already subscription free?

Yes but you still have to buy it to play like guild wars.

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW

ten dollar bitcoin posted:

Amazon seems to be having some issues, can't even get to amazon.com right now.

Amazon.com is loading fine for me, FYI.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Arnold of Soissons posted:

Amazon.com is loading fine for me, FYI.

It works for me now, but for about 5-10 minutes I was getting HTTP/1.1 Service Unavailable.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

njark posted:

Yes but you still have to buy it to play like guild wars.

It's better than F2P.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Viewing/redeeming keys seems to be working well now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy
I *believe* I may have a few of the coupons left (at least one since adding something to cart takes $5 off) if anyone's looking to get in on the awesome deals.

Dibs go first to people already on my friends' list. And for my sanity, I'd also prefer that it's not for a pack with a billion keys to copy and paste because it would drive me mad (but I guess you can try and persuade me to wade through the terrible key-generating system and figure out which ones are yours).

• Locked thread