Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sircozzie
Jul 8, 2011

Release the Meerkat

jyrka posted:

Shame it's not Ronaldo. Could be a classic picture.

You never know, Varane could be a very special player.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

polydizzle
Sep 13, 2004

Hegav posted:

Varane vs Barcelona

Still miffed united didnt get him.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes

sircozzie posted:

You never know, Varane could be a very special player.

Yeah but central defenders don't really become massive stars like Ronaldo is.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
It's very clever in that song how they match Wenger saying the word 'schoolboy' with it actually being there in the original. Very clever.

polydizzle
Sep 13, 2004
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOaDoRb3cZQ

SoylentCola
Mar 21, 2001

Ultra Carp

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

JunkDeluxe
Oct 21, 2008
Apparently Beckham received lot's of offers in the transfer window

Euroboy, did you have something to do with this?!

JerseyMonkey
Jul 1, 2007

Crap now I think of the Ozil when I look at the Duolingo owl.

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

EAT THE CHEESE, NICHOLSON!

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Arsenal's new signing, an indie rock woman from 1996

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
:catstare:

Are these..recent?

Hashtag Nascar
Jan 4, 2012

Dunban posted:

:catstare:

Are these..recent?

I can't imagine he's got anything better to do.

rats off to ya
Jul 22, 2008

"Hey Paulo, why don't you take your light colored jeans and get the hell out of here!" - Petr Cech

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Got to be a shop, those dainty little hands.. the bra-strap..

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم

Tortuga posted:

Got to be a shop, those dainty little hands.. the bra-strap..

That's actually called a necklace, common enough mistake. What.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

JunkDeluxe posted:

Apparently Beckham received lot's of offers in the transfer window

Euroboy, did you have something to do with this?!

I wouldve offered him more tbh.

loving hell I don't know how to react to this.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

I, I...

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga
Podolski can never and will never be a 84 rating in real life.

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

Stars Stripes Freedom Jozy
(Jozy not pictured here)

Mr Cynicism posted:

Podolski can never and will never be a 84 rating in real life.

I don't think they rate real life players.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
I would imagine footballers will take that sort of thing quite seriously. Knowing you've got the highest Fifa rating in the dressing room has probably caused more contract disputes than we realise.

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

Stars Stripes Freedom Jozy
(Jozy not pictured here)

Hoops posted:

I would imagine footballers will take that sort of thing quite seriously. Knowing you've got the highest Fifa rating in the dressing room has probably caused more contract disputes than we realise.

lol.

Agent: My client has a FIFA rating of over 9000 I demand more money!

Club: Go gently caress yourself

Also

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

T. Mascis posted:

That's actually called a necklace, common enough mistake. What.

Much like poor Andrei and those photos, I can't undo any of them. Eh.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

84 is not enough imo. Should be in the upper 90s imo.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم

Tortuga posted:

Much like poor Andrei and those photos, I can't undo any of them. Eh.

It's ok we were all quite taken aback and flustered by the pictures, just busting balls

Party in the UAE
Sep 10, 2012

by XyloJW

Suqit posted:

lol.

Agent: My client has a FIFA rating of over 9000 I demand more money!

Club: Go gently caress yourself

Also

No this really happens, all the time in the players v players case, and sometimes in the agent v team case.

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2012/08/28/daily-madden-players-complaining-about-their-madden-nfl-ratings/

quote:

Hall of Fame wide receiver Michael Irvin said players who say they don’t care about their Madden rating are lying.

“Even if they say they don’t care,” Madden said, “someone else is going to care and give them heck about it.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Bsioh6aSdmY#!

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Hoops posted:

I had a friend who played at Oregon State and was pissed about his low rating on NCAA Football and the other players would make fun of him

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O283MijqqxU

Good work Mario

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

please respond posted:

I had a friend who played at Oregon State and was pissed about his low rating on NCAA Football and the other players would make fun of him
My old flatmate used to be semi-pro for some Scottish league side, and was in the database on Football Manager. He used to sign himself every time as the starting CM for Spurs and get booed by the fans.

JingleBells
Jan 7, 2007

Oh what fun it is to see the Harriers win away!

This months National Geographic has a wonderful gallery of football in Africa.

quote:

Miles from the main roads, in rural Africa, soccer balls bounce unevenly. Playing fields are arid, lush, weedy, sandy—any flattish space will do. Goalposts might be made of gathered mahogany or driftwood. Some feet are bare, others shod in fraying sneakers, boots, rubber sandals. Yet children kick and chase handmade, lopsided balls with skill and abandon, competing for pride and joy—for the sheer pleasure of playing.

Has the “beautiful game” ever been lovelier?

Jessica Hilltout doesn’t think so. In 2010, when the World Cup came to Africa for the first time, the Belgium-based photographer set out to see what soccer looked like far from the bright lights and big stadiums. What she found—over seven months, ten countries, and 12,500 miles—was a grassroots game where passion trumped poverty, a do-it-yourself ethic prospered, and one ball could “bring happiness to an entire village.”

In the 30-odd soccer-loving localities she visited, in countries from South Africa to Ivory Coast, balls are spun into being with whatever’s at hand: rag or sock, tire or bark, plastic bag or inflated condom. Each might last days or months on a field of gravel or hard earth. Wherever Hilltout went, she swapped the store-bought balls she kept in her car for these “ingenious little jewels,” most of which were made by children.
How to make a football:

Barcelona plastics are everywhere:

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

I know you Man City folks are probably glad to see the back of him (and I can't say I blame you), but I'm going to miss that crazy bastard so much.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Every time I give up on that guy he does something like that.
I really hope he doesn't self destruct and become a great footballer.

Party in the UAE
Sep 10, 2012

by XyloJW

please respond posted:

whoa holy balls I also have a friend who played at oregon state who was pissed at his ranking. 1999-2004?

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Party in the UAE posted:

whoa holy balls I also have a friend who played at oregon state who was pissed at his ranking. 1999-2004?

His older brother was on the team then, but he was there from 05-09

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Hoops posted:

My old flatmate used to be semi-pro for some Scottish league side, and was in the database on Football Manager. He used to sign himself every time as the starting CM for Spurs and get booed by the fans.

I played with a guy in uni who ended up in the database for a season. I was annoyed at how good his stats were, because he was always awful for us.

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi posted:

I know you Man City folks are probably glad to see the back of him (and I can't say I blame you), but I'm going to miss that crazy bastard so much.

I think now he doesn't play for a club I don't support I can enjoy his antics more, he is a major part of the clubs history though, but yeah i'm kindd of glad I don't have to deal with the playing frustrations any more.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
My CM stats were so shite that I changed them in the editor. But I went too far, suddenly AC Milan and other great clubs were buying me for insane fees. I knew it wasn't true. It wasn't even close to being true, even though I knew in my heart that I was better than CM was claiming.

The sad feeling wouldn't go away, so in the end I uninstalled the game and I haven't looked back since :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Xabi posted:

My CM stats were so shite that I changed them in the editor. But I went too far, suddenly AC Milan and other great clubs were buying me for insane fees. I knew it wasn't true. It wasn't even close to being true, even though I knew in my heart that I was better than CM was claiming.

The sad feeling wouldn't go away, so in the end I uninstalled the game and I haven't looked back since :(

Ahaha

I had a bunch of friends on there I used to tease about their stats too

• Locked thread