Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guido van Possum
Apr 7, 2012

by T. Finninho

Proteus4994 posted:

if your time is worthless

i long for death

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

teh z0rg posted:

i long for death

Squinty Applebottom
Jan 1, 2013

Squinty Applebottom
Jan 1, 2013

Proteus4994 posted:

if your time is worthless

you post on a funny computer forum so i would say, your time has been objectively proven to be worthless

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.

polpotpi posted:

you post on a funny computer forum so i would say, your time has been objectively proven to be worthless

defensive posting

i was talking about ian. $500 for the amount of effort he's put in, even if it's trolling or insanity or whatever, is like $0.50/hr

unixbeard
Dec 29, 2004

not including the reward of being the greatest troll ever

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

Proteus4994 posted:

i was talking about ian. $500 for the amount of effort he's put in, even if it's trolling or insanity or whatever, is like $0.50/hr
the reason it's $500 is someone made a big donation to top it up near the end

so idk if maybe that was ian trying to make sure he still got some money out of it or if it was a legit sucker donor

also i remember it as coming later than that graph indicates (ie. in the last few hours). i checked when the kicksharter had under an hour left and was like "wtf it's up to $500?" and then the thought ran through my head that it would be hilarious if i dropped my pledge at the last minute so it came a dollar short and ian didn't get any money, but it turns out you can't cancel it outright only reduce it to $1 and that was already my pledge amount so if i'd started with $2 it would've worked. oh well ian i still unironically think it's a dollar well spent :)

Sparta
Aug 14, 2003

the other white meat
im going to fork ians idea and build a python ad clicking script to click on ads for all the innovative websites

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

mods namechange posted:

then the thought ran through my head that it would be hilarious if i dropped my pledge at the last minute so it came a dollar short and ian didn't get any money

you aren't the only one that had that idea, but it was already at $500 by the time I thought of it

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
When there's less than like 12 hours to go or something like that, and has hit its goal, you're not allowed to retract a pledge or lower it if the retraction or reduction would put the project below its funding goal.

Deacon of Delicious
Aug 20, 2007

I bet the twist ending is Dracula's dick-babies

unixbeard posted:

not including the reward of being the greatest troll ever

i think that title still belongs to toblerone triangular

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

pretty hard to top this one for worthlessness

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
hey ian heres a bunch of data what can u do with it?

if u could make me a graph of this i would be SUPER happy :)

http://pastebin.com/HRAXbdmE

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

Jonny 290 posted:

hey ian heres a bunch of data what can u do with it?

if u could make me a graph of this i would be SUPER happy :)

http://pastebin.com/HRAXbdmE

you've irrevocably signed over all your vital and precious yosdata to ian in perpetuity now

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.
vapepedia

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

Buglord

Install Gentoo posted:

When there's less than like 12 hours to go or something like that, and has hit its goal, you're not allowed to retract a pledge or lower it if the retraction or reduction would put the project below its funding goal.
argh dammit that just makes too much sense

theadder posted:

you've irrevocably signed over all your vital and precious yosdata to ian in perpetuity now
the free vape anyone can edit

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
ian was kirk all along

clever girl

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

Sparta posted:

im going to fork ians idea and build a python ad clicking script to click on ads for all the innovative websites

i did this back in the day when alladvantage was huge

i wrote a spam bot that would enter in all the aol public chat rooms and spam a link to a webpage that had a download link to a vb tool i wrote that moved the alladvantage toolbar off the screen and moved your mouse once every few minutes as well as making sure any open app would count as "surfing" as well as my referral link

along with this two 1x1 iframes would open that had ads that autoclicked so i got ad revenue from them

i was makin like 2k/month off that scam at 14 until they found out what i was doing and killed my accounts off

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

Buglord
got a first class ticket on the emptyquote train

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag

ian we need a ptyhon script that emptyquotes this several times

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

god drat.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

got dat wmd
Apr 28, 2009
Voted 4 bc epic fail is not funny even ironically

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Hashtag Nascar posted:

Ian is the kwisatz haderach

he looks into that place which we dare not

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Ian McLean posted:

Oh my gosh Kiwi.

disallowing all these scripts....

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

mods please rename Ian to TobleroneStatpedia

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Ian McLean posted:

Okay... this is what I am copying and pasting everywhere:

Hi Everyone,

I made a computer program in python to charge extra money from the Federal Reserve Board to Google. I am reaching for a 100 billion dollar price target goal so Google can sponsor my robot lab.

Everything to get the printing press program started is contained within this link. This is a time sensitive issue.

This program can really change the world for how much money the Federal Government gives to computer science. If you believe in this cause please spread this computer program like wildfire.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6DR76NleZQselJSWUtpbFJjUzQ/edit

Ian McLean posted:

Like how china pegs their currency to the US Dollar. It is a method to keep a standard exchange rate across different currencies.

I used it as an expression of like an absolute selling limit. SO lets say it is 1 bitcoin per 8 dollars. I am not allowed to enter the market under 8, or 7.

Take what I need, but if I don't need anything, and the thing gets up to 9, I might be like dude. Maybe a little extra money right now might be alright.

Ian McLean posted:

How fast does it take "QE" to actually do anything after trickle down effect. This world market is so diverse with the U.S. dollar, there is much much more wiggle room than they believe.

Do we care about treasury prices? Yes, but there are layers upon layers upon layers upon layers from when the time the treasury actually puts those treasuries out to market, then takes those dollars to filter through the economy.

I introduce a new form of monetary stimulation... have the treasury pick something to spend their money on that involves more pure innovation, and less war.

How long does that innovation take to transfer into wealth from a crummy trickle down effect.... a lot less time with more money to spend hiring people in fields of innovation. That is for sure.

yessssssss

Posting Principle
Dec 10, 2011

by Ralp
ian bought and enjoyed a book about alchemy in 2011 so hes been crazy for a while

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

got dat wmd posted:

would you say it is "for the lose"?

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

Jerry SanDisky posted:

ian bought and enjoyed a book about alchemy in 2011 so hes been crazy for a while

he wants to be able to make gold when the us finally abandons its fiat currency

BooLoo
Oct 18, 2010

SLAM TIME
$490

he had to register :colbert:

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

got dat wmd posted:

while i agree that there is a point when you're investing way too much time in a troll and ultimately it makes you worse than the persona you're using, i would argue tobleronetriangular went past that spot and came out the other end as something beautiful, a fitting member of the pantheon of internet gods

also:

RZApublican posted:

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer

RZApublican posted:

Guido van Possum
Apr 7, 2012

by T. Finninho
ian is at least making a product

thats something right?

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2058501438/imusicbodyrhythm-let-your-body-feel-the-music-with

note: requires you to be plugged into a wall because it runs on 120 volt

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.

Guido van Possum posted:

ian is at least making a product

thats something right?

is he?

is he really?

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Now, iMusic BodyRhythm takes the popular Gangnam Style to the next level, allowing you to feel the catchy beats that millions of people have only heard!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
it'd be pretty cool if that thing actually had a secret mode where at a predetermined time they would all simultaneously just irreversibly contract and strangle the person wearing it and post it to their facebook account

• Locked thread