Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.
7 Orange circle with stars in them for DB:E.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

User-Friendly
Apr 27, 2008

Is There a God? (Pt. 9)

WhatAliceFoundThere posted:

Make the circles flesh coloured, add dots in the middle and it's a Total Recall poster.

This poster exists and has been posted in this thread before.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Alien: a white dot and a blue dot.

Aliens: 20 white dots converging on a blue dot.

Alien 3: a white dot surrounded by blue and red dots.

Alien 4: a turd

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Meet the Parents: A white circle.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Drink! Feck! Arse! Girls!
One big circle with three little circles inside: The Big Lebowski

WhatAliceFoundThere
Jul 18, 2007
Dressed like a victorian at a swimming pool

User-Friendly posted:

This poster exists and has been posted in this thread before.

Oops, Must have missed it, it's not surprising since that's the only thing anyone remembers about that film.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

WhatAliceFoundThere posted:

Oops, Must have missed it, it's not surprising since that's the only thing anyone remembers about that film.

Screw you. I remember it being the best movie ever made. Sounds like you've got two weeks to get your rear end to mars. Me, I've got five kids to feed and I need to be home in time for corn flakes.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

More Burt Wonderstone posters

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

"If you have a mind, he will blow it."

What an awesome tagline :haw:

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I'm still trying to decide which character looks the least like the actual actor. At first I was going with Carrey, but even Rance Holloway barely looks like Alan Arkin.

Bird in a Blender fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Feb 1, 2013

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
I actually had to look for Steve Carrell when the original poster was put up, I thought he wasn't on it.

BOAT SHOWBOAT
Oct 11, 2007

who do you carry the torch for, my young man?
Alan Arkin just looks like Harvey Keitel there.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Carrey's poster looking like Thor is intentional, right?

Hugs Boson
Feb 3, 2011

Elementary.
That's it. I've run out of circles. I'll stop now. :effort:

Two suns, a ball gag, and :cool:

Avril Lavigne
May 29, 2006

Somebody already beat you to this one:

(seriously)

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Avril Lavigne posted:

Somebody already beat you to this one:

(seriously)

It's like, how much more black could this be? and the answer is none. None more black

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Hey guys, check out my Pitch Black / Johnny Cash / Metallica / AC/DC / Bizarro Beatles poster.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Madkal posted:

It's like, how much more black could this be? and the answer is none. None more black

Should have gone with the greased up naked woman in the dog collar if you ask me.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
So Danny Trejo has a new film coming out with a variety of posters.

I'm partial to the fifth one because I am not getting that shattered glass around the gun and holy god that tagline sucks.

Physical
Sep 26, 2007

by T. Finninho

Madkal posted:

Thanks for giving me an idea of what to watch this weekend.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Vagabundo posted:

These are all loving incredible.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Dr. Killjoy posted:

So Danny Trejo has a new film coming out with a variety of posters.

I'm partial to the fifth one because I am not getting that shattered glass around the gun and holy god that tagline sucks.

This time, they messed with the wrong guy. Again. Like last time. And in every other Danny Trejo movie.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Aphrodite posted:

This time, they messed with the wrong guy. Again. Like last time. And in every other Danny Trejo movie.

Exactly. "This time... they hosed with the wrong MEXICAN" is the highlight of the Machete trailer from Grindhouse.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

A bit late to quote this one but while I really love it (mostly because it's evocative of stoner poo poo like Alan Moore's Swamp Thing), it's horribly misrepresentative of what Princess Mononoke is about or like.... not that the title is very good at that either.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Vagabundo posted:

I want to see whatever this is.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Haha perfect for me. I saw Princess Mononoke on campus for class extra credit in an extremely dark auditorium in Japanese with no subtitles and just stoned to bejeezus.

This poster is as inscrutable as that movie was for me. Just one big giant what the gently caress after another.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I want to see whatever this is.

But are you prepared for the incredible... March 15?

This film does look like a lot of fun, and it's great to see Buscemi back in comedy.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
That is a hell of a cast for a comedy movie.

Also, Jim Carrey is 50 and he looks AMAZING in that trailer.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Also, Jim Carrey is 50 and he looks AMAZING in that trailer.

You gotta keep looking fit if you live near the beach.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

kiimo posted:

Haha perfect for me. I saw Princess Mononoke on campus for class extra credit in an extremely dark auditorium in Japanese with no subtitles and just stoned to bejeezus.

This poster is as inscrutable as that movie was for me. Just one big giant what the gently caress after another.

My introduction to Miyazaki was Spirited Away (I know, late to the party), high on mushrooms in my own living room during a thunderstorm. Incredible experience.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Lizard Combatant posted:

But are you prepared for the incredible... March 15?

This film does look like a lot of fun, and it's great to see Buscemi back in comedy.

I just like how early 2000's it is to take Criss Angel down a peg.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Rahonavis posted:

I know Disney's promotional department hasn't exactly been knocking it out of the park*, but...

...these aren't supposed to look like cover art for the latest "Tinkerbell" sequels, are they?

* - Okay, their promotions for "Wreck-It Ralph" were good, but that could be a case of the broken clock being right twice a day.

Just to respond to this, Disney has said these are fakes that were made based off old character designs.

OppyDoppyDopp
Feb 17, 2012

Stare-Out posted:

As far as awful minimalist posters go, wasn't there one for Drive that had nothing but a hammer and a toothpick? That was so bad. There have been maybe one or two good posters for that movie and everything else - particularly the minimalist stuff - have been complete poo poo.
I feel ashamed to say that I live with someone who has hung a minimalist Drive poster on the wall in the sitting room - it's a hammer against a yellow background. The worst part is that he admits to not liking the film if it is mentioned in conversation.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

kiimo posted:

Do yourself a favor and watch the English dub. Seriously. It's a very rare case where the script and voice actors capture the spirit of the movie perfectly. Everything that needs to be explained is, and the rest just adds a level of mysticism (unless you're already very well-versed in Japanese history/mythology).

Neil Gaiman did the script, and the cast is a hit list of "oh yeah that person who was kind-of big in the late 90s" that all fit their roles so well. It's also a very rare case where despite there being several protagonistic and several antagonistic characters, there are no clear-cut heroes or villains save for the whole cut the head off of a Nature god thing towards the end--that's like Nazis with skulls on their hats thinking they're the good guys level of dissonance into thinking that was a good deed.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Other than the Carrey one, those Burt Wonderstone posters have some of the worst taglines I've ever seen.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

HTJ posted:

I feel ashamed to say that I live with someone who has hung a minimalist Drive poster on the wall in the sitting room - it's a hammer against a yellow background. The worst part is that he admits to not liking the film if it is mentioned in conversation.
Maybe he's a fan of Dr. Horrible.

tliil
Jan 13, 2013

HTJ posted:

Drive is the ultimate "I'm going to say I liked it because COOL VISUALS + VIOLENCE (but I didn't really get it at all)" movie.

Avril Lavigne
May 29, 2006

tliil posted:

Drive is the ultimate "I'm going to say I liked it because COOL VISUALS + VIOLENCE (but I didn't really get it at all)" movie.

I thought that was Fight Club?

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

penismightier posted:

Never forget.

I'm in no way defending this lovely poster, but it's really referencing when Switch? (Blonde woman in the group) points the gun at Neo and calls him "Coppertop". Which I only remember because I thought it was neat upon second viewing, since it came before Morpheus tells Neo anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003