Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

RickoniX posted:

So what are the odds we are getting a DOUBLE FLASH coming up soon?

I think we might get one, but it probably won't be quite what we're expecting. It seems like everyone is ambivalent about the whole "lets kill each other" deal. To be expected considering what they just went through. Frankly I'm still not entirely convinced everyone is going to go god tier, but that might be because I like the idea of having all the beta kids as god tiers and all the alpha kids as regular for the sake of parallels (the more experienced players versus the less experienced ones)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

DaveKap posted:

Ehhhh.... yeah. That's the last time I risk more than 10 bucks on a vague Hussie promise. :(

Seriously though, what where you expecting to get?

Bobulus posted:

- The back of the "centaurfold" is a Subway banner.

The banner in question is printed incorrectly so that "WAY" is on the left and "SUB" is on the right.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
I do not regret my Dave Strider signature one bit. Mine spans two pages and has an additional "sup" on the bottom page. It's stupidly ridiculous, just like the book. It's perfect.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
It occured to me that I really hope the Batterwitch encounters Makeout Meteor when it arrives.

So she can see other Trolls!

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

WAR FOOT posted:

It occured to me that I really hope the Batterwitch encounters Makeout Meteor when it arrives.

So she can see other Trolls!

Now that we've seen HIC talking, I want her and Meenah to have a heart to heart.

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

Bobulus posted:

Now that we've seen HIC talking, I want her and Meenah to have a heart to heart.

That'll probably be the culmination of Meenah's character arc - rejecting her twin's nasty-rear end genocidal tyrant ways.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."
If Meenah goes full-Aragorn I swear I will flip the gently caress out.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I'm just appreciating the almost-poignancy of an animation delay happening so soon after Caliborn asked for things to go faster.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.
Sweet jesus that's a lot of update. And with a lot of character development AND a flash, to boot!
EDIT: OH GOD IS JACK GONNA
he
he just
jesus christ
jack is lord english

KaosMachina fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Feb 3, 2013

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Oh god. Oh jeez. Oh gently caress. Oh gently caress. Oh gently caress!

Everything is hosed! :stonk:

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Holy loving poo poo

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."
Jesus loving christ.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Someone should probably pick up that phone because I loving CALLED IT.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

I honestly feel that :stare: is the only emotion that can summarize this update.

In other news, holy poo poo is Hussie a master of creative layouts. That final page is just amazing.

Rooreelooo
Sep 29, 2007

"Ask not what Spiral Mountain can do for you; ask what you can do for Spiral Mountain."
Every single page adds a fresh 'OH gently caress' to the rapidly growing pile

Jack English is terrifying

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

KaosMachina posted:

Sweet jesus that's a lot of update. And with a lot of character development AND a flash, to boot!
EDIT: OH GOD IS JACK GONNA
he
he just
jesus christ
jack is lord english

No, no flash. Just madness. Jack English madness. :stare:

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
In Earthbound, the purported main antagonist was Giygas, a rampaging, mindless force of destruction that loomed over the events of the whole game and tended to make things significantly more tense whenever it was even mentioned. But the game's real antagonist was Pokey, a mentally stunted little shithead who enabled Giygas at every turn for petty, childish reasons, and eventually resorted to time travel to cause trouble on a level he'd never been capable of before.

It's so nice to see that Homestuck hasn't forgotten its roots.

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

Let's get this party started.

witchcore ricepunk
Jul 6, 2003

The Golden Witch
Who Solved the Epitaph

A Probability of 1/2,578,917
Holy poo poo, it just got real Event Horizon in there.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

Oxxidation posted:

Someone should probably pick up that phone because I loving CALLED IT.

When they showed Caliborn looking at Jack in jail with the tooth and the chained up leg, the similarities to Lord English were pretty obvious. I didn't think it would actually loving go there, though :stare:

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
Noooo! Slick!

Although now I'm even more confused I suppose.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

oh lord
look at the spade on his coat
http://www.mspaintadventures.com/index.php?s=3
a shoutout to a story from before homestuck that never even came out
dear christ

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

KaosMachina posted:

oh lord
dear christ

I'm pretty sure this was the result of retroactively populating the originally blank "3rd" story some time after the Midnight Crew intermission.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

The double update looks like a fourth wall now.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

KaosMachina posted:

oh lord
dear christ

I wondered what the hell you were talking about but then I saw the blood spatters and :psyboom:

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

ComradeCosmobot posted:

I'm pretty sure this was the result of retroactively populating the originally blank "3rd" story some time after the Midnight Crew intermission.

Hussie actually said he was going to do a midnight crew story after problem sleuth but it went nowhere. And no one really made anything of it until after the midnight crew intermission.
I could be remembering wrong, though.

JamJars
Aug 2, 2004

you cannot beat me
I was reading some other forums and they mentioned something kind of scary. What if Jack not only kills the kids but also destroys the questbeds as well?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
And again, I'm not sure if the Alpha Kids' blather being horrible, long-winded, and completely unengaging was deliberate or not, but it was once again the worst part of these updates. Holy loving poo poo let the good characters come in and make these four shut the gently caress up at last about who likes or dislikes who

k5josh
Nov 23, 2011
So, Jack stuck some daggers in his eyes. Daggers are bladekind, so I guess you could say he has some...bladekind eyewear?

Doug Rattman
Sep 10, 2011

Formerly known as Doug Rattman
nonononononononononononononononono

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

JamJars posted:

I was reading some other forums and they mentioned something kind of scary. What if Jack not only kills the kids but also destroys the questbeds as well?
Dave & Rose's beds survived a Green Sun-creating supernova destruction of two universes.

Either the beds are indestructible, or it doesn't matter as long as it's there when you die.

Plus, Caliborn wants to fight Jake, and Jack is more than likely under Caliborn's control. A puppet, if you will.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot
HOLY MOSES

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Holy poo poo, dat update.

Another thing that's struck me is how the the layout on the pages where the panels are 2x2 like this - http://www.mspaintadventures.com/ACT6ACT5ACT1x2COMBO.php?s=6&p=007718- is very similar to the fourth wall. I can totally see the ship busting through the screen in an update before we go back to the old format.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot
OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot
WOOAOAOAOAOAOAOAOAAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Oh gently caress.

Oh gently caress.

Oh gently caress.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot
Good GOD.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Oh my god i was not ready for poo poo to get real so fast. Holy poo poo. Holy gently caress.

Though I do wonder if this means that Noir is Lord English, and Caliborn controls him, or if it just means that Caliborn is using him as a sort of middleman and becomes LE, himself, later? I mean, unless Noir randomly hulks out and turns into a green skeleton...

Also, Roxy. :smith:

PS: fiuuuuuuuuucikkk

Doug Rattman
Sep 10, 2011

Formerly known as Doug Rattman
Everything stupid in Act 6 has been instantly redeemed with this update.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.
Best loving update. Dammit now i reaally want to see what's next.