Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Cyra posted:

Help, sales keep happening and now I have hundreds of games and feel awful because who needs this many games. What are some of your strategies for tackling your massive backlog of games? What's a good way to start? :(

I've been picking out about 4 games to focus on at once. It's working out well right now because the only long game I'm playing right now is Assassin's Creed 2, and the rest are fairly short.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

Yodzilla posted:

References aren't loving jokes and this game just throws them at you non-stop in the most ham fisted way possible.

The creator meant this game to be a pure homage to the 80's and 90's. Some of the references fly by me, but I enjoy it for what it is, a crazy GTA 1 clone.

Now for something completely different.

BEATEN / COMPLETED / ENJOYED : Proteus - Earlier, I stated this game was a "casual nature simulator with retro graphics, like Minecraft set on Peaceful mode", I'm so glad I was wrong. This really is so much more, a relaxing Art-game where exploration and even standing still to admire the scenery is worth you time. This game may as well stay on my computer, it's a true form of relaxation. Probably not worth the :10bux: asking price, but definitely worth a look when is drops down at the summer sale. Now if you excuse me, I've rabbits to chase. :3

Currently trying to work on projects, landscape assignments and more projects, but in the meantime enjoying some Don't Starve, where I will eventually be killed by the Ent-men if I keep my lust for timber up, PixelJunk Eden, which is slowly becoming more fustrating and challenging at each new level and Garry's Mod, particularly the RolePlay servers where I find myself trying to live a normal life amongst all the gangland shootings and fires started by bored admins.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

PowerBeard posted:

The creator meant this game to be a pure homage to the 80's and 90's. Some of the references fly by me, but I enjoy it for what it is, a crazy GTA 1 clone.

It can still at least attempt to be clever. RCR was like a Friedberg & Seltzer movie in video game form.

And I just beat the Zodiac Tournament DLC for Sleeping Dogs. That certainly was...short.

DoctorOfLawls
Mar 2, 2001

SA's Brazilian Diplomat
All of you will probably laugh at this, but I finally beat The Ultimate Doom. I know, what kind of gamer am I, playing games since the 80s, that never completed it? Well, I finally did. While it looks dated now (even with GZDoom or other mods), the gameplay is still great, thanks to the fantastic level design, intelligent enemy placement and lack of any handholding.

I will probably go play something more modern now and then go back to Doom II.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

DoctorOfLawls posted:

All of you will probably laugh at this, but I finally beat The Ultimate Doom. I know, what kind of gamer am I, playing games since the 80s, that never completed it? Well, I finally did. While it looks dated now (even with GZDoom or other mods), the gameplay is still great, thanks to the fantastic level design, intelligent enemy placement and lack of any handholding.

I don't think there's ever been a month since 2008 that I didn't play some type of Doom. It is my cigarette break of games.

clamcake
Dec 24, 2012

Cyra posted:

Help, sales keep happening and now I have hundreds of games and feel awful because who needs this many games. What are some of your strategies for tackling your massive backlog of games? What's a good way to start? :(

I, too, usually try to have a handful of games going at once. I generally have one longer game (20+ hours) going, and then switch to a shorter indie or casual game when I need a break from the main game. For example, I'm currently focusing on KOTOR2 but switching to Closure and other puzzles when Star Wars gets tiresome.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Anyone tried out Antichamber yet? I'm a sucker for portal-like puzzle games, and this one looks pretty drat interesting. Plus, how could I resist 25% off?

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Tiny animals under glass... Smaller than sand...

DoctorOfLawls posted:

Oh man it's still a masterpiece. It just hits that sweet spot, the levels are designed for pure gameplay. I only completely finished it a few years ago myself. I used to just play the shareware version over and over, and never actually bought the full game until like 2000ish.

Doom 2 is a lot more of a slog to get through, I didn't care for a lot of the levels. A bunch of them have you running around doing way too much hunting for keys and hidden doorways, and some of the more ambitious levels (like the one that's supposed to be a city) don't flow well at all and get tedious. There are some great huge battles though, plus the super shotgun!

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Saoshyant posted:

Start with the quicker games to beat, stuff like Shank which is three hours long. Then pick a long lasting game. Then go back to beat quicker ones. Repeat.

I don't know why this has sparked me off, but I realised I had been picking and choosing games based solely on how long howlongtobeat.com says a game is. I'd check my playtime to see how far away I was from the end so would know how long before I could mark them as beaten and decrease my log.

When I noticed this behaviour, stopped giving a gently caress and started playing whatever and playing it for however long I want to, I started having a lot more fun with my games again. Serious business backlogging sucks.

Also holy poo poo I hope L.A. Noire gets better. About an hour in and I just keep thinking I should be playing something actually interesting. Like Dark Souls, forever. :getin:

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Tommofork posted:

Also holy poo poo I hope L.A. Noire gets better. About an hour in and I just keep thinking I should be playing something actually interesting. Like Dark Souls, forever. :getin:

I felt the same way about LA Noire so I can't tell you differently. The general impression that I got is that it really doesn't :(

But that reminds me I should actually start Dark Souls but I'd probably be playing it too rare and erratically to ever get good enough to beat it.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
I really liked the majority of LA Noire until I got to the end. Hoooly poo poo that ending ugh.

ManxomeBromide
Jan 29, 2009

old school
Didn't accomplish much this month; I mostly obsessed more over null or free games (Super Hexagon, Sonic 3 & Knuckles, Street Fighter X Mega Man). Might & Magic 6 is starting to pick up a little now that I've done some quests and gotten some decent spells. I've picked up Trine 2 for when I want something a lot prettier and more action-y.

Fart of Presto
Feb 9, 2001
Clapping Larry
Beat: Mark of the Ninja
This was definitely my kind of platformer, where you can jump around at your own pace.

Beat: The Walking Dead
Here is what I wrote on the Steam recommendation page:
There is a minimal amount of play in this "game". It's honestly just a series of quick time events mixed with a bit of clicking around on clearly marked items.
But drat if the story is not one of the best and the absolut most emotional I've ever experienced in a videogame/interactive story.
Highly recommended and you'll feel like poo poo most of the time you play it because of the choices you have to make.

Beat: Hotline Miami
Sometimes I hated the game but most of the time, I loved it. When everything works, it's almost graceful like a ballet, but at other times it's like stepping on a dogturd while fumbling and dropping your phone in the gutter, just when that hot chick looks at you.
I also have to admit that I couldn't be arsed to finish the final boss after getting mauled by pink panthers, sliced and diced by one-eyed female ninjas and made into a butterfly net by double machine gun fire a bazillion times, so I watched the fight on youtube and that was it.
Life is generally too short for boss fights and I have plenty of games in my backlog I'd rather play than spending an hour or two on a Saturday afternoon killing yet another boss.

Beat: 7 Wonders II
A Match-3 game, where the biggest challenge came from getting it to work on Windows 7 64 bit version.

Fart of Presto fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Feb 2, 2013

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
Beat Prototype 2 and I gotta say I was really surprised at how much I liked it. It doesn't bullshit around and basically makes you super powerful right from the start which is refreshing. James Heller is a great character and while it's not the longest game just about everything in it is fun. I never got tired of being some sort of stealth monster.

If I had to lay some knocks against it I'd say the side content is kinda repetitive, the camera can be a problem and the final boss fight was just kinda dumb. The original Prototype's final boss was complete bullshit and that game's bosses were notoriously difficult but this one is just basically an extended QTE as even the parts where you fight if you don't use exactly what the screen tells you to you won't do damage. Kinda dumb.

But still, overall a really good game and kind of a shame it barely sold as far as I can tell. A good get during a sale for sure.

Good-Natured Filth
Jun 8, 2008

Do you think I've got the goods Bubblegum? Cuz I am INTO this stuff!

Beat Borderlands: A bit late to this, I suppose. It's a wonderful game, especially when played with friends. My brother and other friend's characters were always above me when we were playing (with their second or third characters), so I'm sure the game was a hell of a lot easier for me than most people playing together at the same level. Gonna try to get through the DLC as time moves on, but I'm really glad I stuck with this one to the end - it was a very enjoyable co-op experience.

Moof Strydar
Jul 13, 2001

Fart of Presto posted:

Beat: Hotline Miami

No you didn't. There's like 5 more levels after that, which adds another dimension to the narrative. Plus the puzzle pieces.

ManxomeBromide
Jan 29, 2009

old school

Moof Strydar posted:

No you didn't. There's like 5 more levels after that, which adds another dimension to the narrative. Plus the puzzle pieces.

"Beat" just means the game has said it's over, in this thread; "Complete" is when you've actually unlocked everything. (The most extreme example is probably The Binding of Isaac, which is beaten when you clear Mom's Heart, once, thus getting the Judas's Fez achievement for "completing the game once", though looking at the postgame descriptions I'm wondering if Recettear beats it out.) When you have 900 games, most of them aren't remotely worth that kind of effort.

For example:

BEATEN: Super Hexagon. Probably not worth the 15 hours it took to get to this point, but it's only half the achievements. Hypermode can basically go gently caress itself.

Meanwhile, about halfway through Trine 2.

Entenzahn
Nov 15, 2012

erm... quack-ward
Concerning Hotline Miami - the levels that come after the Mafia boss aren't unlockables. They are a normal part of the campaign and narrative. They're hidden in the beginning because there's a twist.

I guess my response is also a good indicator that I Completed: Hotline Miami (Steam) since my last post. I didn't get all the Steam achievements or A+ grades, but all masks, weapons and the secret ending. Really enjoyed it so I still play occasionally. I had some problems with the controls in the beginning, more specifically the mouse (it's supposed to control your rotation instead of directly aiming your crosshair at people). Once I got used to that I had a loving blast running through the levels tearing up poo poo left and right. You're constantly restarting and refining your run. You have to plan ahead, but also think on your feet. In fact, the game is best when something goes wrong and you have to improvise and you actually manage to pull it off. That henchman with a shotgun running a different patrol route than usual? Throw your empty assault rifle at him to push him into a wall, hide at the corner, floor the mook that comes to his help, kick the teeth of the first guy in, grab his gun, empty it at the arriving reinforcements, pick up the baseball bat one of them had on him and crack the skull of the second guy. This game turns me into a bloodthirsty monster, but gently caress it I'm having a good time.

Now playing:
Demon's Souls (PS3)
Europa Universalis III (Steam)
The Secret World (PC)
+2 free slots for whatever I feel like

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Yeah, the "post credit" levels in Miami are the game. It completes the story. It would be like turning off Pulp Fiction after The Golden Watch. Granted, it's a short few segments and you can probably watch it all on youtube rather quickly. I honestly don't think the puzzle pieces are worth it. They give more resolution regarding the ending but it's actually a worse conclusion IMO.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

January roundup:

01-01-13 - Beat: Devil May Cry 4 (Steam)
I beat the game before on my friends console so I used a trainer to unlock on Legendary Dark Knight mode, I beat that on the pc version. :black101:
The story is silly as ever, but the cutscenes are great, Dante and Nero play very differently and it's extremely balanced.
If you like spectacle fighters at all you need to own this game, the PC version runs like a dream and for a 2008 game it's impressive how good the game looks with so much stuff on screen.
The PC exclusive Legendary Dark Knight mode makes the meat of the game all the more fun and you can do some crazy combo's and juggles with the amount of enemies on screen.
Screenshot of a small pack in Legendary Dark Knight Mode.

21-01-13 - Completed: Assassin's Creed Revelations (Steam)
I have 100% sync in this one as well now, the sync goals where on the same level as brotherhood but there where less dickmoves. (Looking at you Tank Mission in Brotherhood)
Due to a bug with the patched game I can't get the last bomb mission challenge done, but aside from that I got every weapon, restored building, book, animus fragment, etc.
Going for 100% at my own pace made me take in all the small touches I missed at first, mosques calling for prayer, marketplaces, infighting between groups, the sheer impressive design of some buildings. Brotherhood is still a better game but Revelations is pretty much 90% as good, with some things being even better.
I can now allow myself to buy AC3 next sale, I heard mixed things about it but I got 70 hours out of Revelations and people weren't that happy about that game either so I look forward to it anyway.

27-01-13 - Beat: Hard Reset (Steam)
Very pretty, cyberpunk is always good. the story sucks but the presentation of it was alright.
The Free Excile DLC helps a lot and has some of the best levels. Get the shotgun, rocketlauncher, railgun and smartgun and go to town.

01-02-13 - Beat: Homefront (Steam)
I don't play a lot of modern FPS games, I hope this "one bullet hits you, hide behind wall, repeat" thing isn't as bad as in this game though.
It's way too short at a recorded time of 3.6hours; it looks good though, isn't brown and has 2 (out of a pityful) 7 missions I actually liked.

Currently working on:
Anno 2070 - I beat around half the campaign and scenario's. I finally laid down 1404 to play this one and it's good.
LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes - about halfway.
Binding of Isaac: Wrath of the Lamb - I beat it already but I want platinum god.

Fart of Presto
Feb 9, 2001
Clapping Larry

al-azad posted:

Yeah, the "post credit" levels in Miami are the game. It completes the story. It would be like turning off Pulp Fiction after The Golden Watch. Granted, it's a short few segments and you can probably watch it all on youtube rather quickly. I honestly don't think the puzzle pieces are worth it. They give more resolution regarding the ending but it's actually a worse conclusion IMO.

So I just watched those last few chapters. Do you get these missions as an unlocked menu option after watching the end credits or is part of the regular flow of the game?

If it's the first, then no problem. I still feel that I came as far as I cared for and I would still consider it beat (definitely not Completed). It's not often that I even try "challenge levels" or other addons outside of the regular story anyway.
I have never enjoyed boss fights as I feel you almost always gets pulled out of the regular game to do some insane task that you'll never have to do again, often without any of those tools you have accumulated during the game. And with a backlog of 500+ games, boss fights are not high on my list to complete, if you can't do it in less than 15 minutes, and I couldn't do that i Hotline Miami, probably because I'm not a teenager with razor sharp reflexes.

If it's the second option where it's actually part of the game, and there is a deeper meaning to that other end, then gently caress the writers and their "cool and edgy" idea of adding an extra part to the game after starting chapter 15 with the text "Final Chapter" and showing end credits when you finished that.
I honestly think it's lazy and bad story telling if you have to tack something on to a game or movie, after the end credits, that could potentially change your whole perception of what you have just spent time on.
If this was a legitimate good way of telling a story, I would imagine more books would use it, like you would read "The End", then turn a few blank pages and then "Oh by the way, the butler did it. Zing!"

Yeah I'm not happy, as this was the first game in a long time where I just said gently caress It, and it then turned out there was more :(

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
If it makes you feel any better the additional levels and story bits are kind of stupid. There's been all kinds of discussion about it over in the Hotline Miami thread and it seems a lot of people share that opinion.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

The Final boss of Hotline is really easy to be honest. kill tigers, hide from girl, kill her, lock onto boss and throw junk into his face from behind plant. :shrug:
But you did beat the main levels I guess. :)

al-azad
May 28, 2009

I could never lock onto the guy. Even with my crosshair covering him I would still miss with the daggers. Everything about the final fight was easy for me except actually throwing the loving knives at the guy. Even worse, only the knives will hit him. You can't use the weapon you pick up to fight the tigers. If you miss you're dead unless you're the fast mask that can outrun his turning radius.

Fart of Presto
Feb 9, 2001
Clapping Larry

Zedd posted:

The Final boss of Hotline is really easy to be honest. kill tigers, hide from girl, kill her, lock onto boss and throw junk into his face from behind plant. :shrug:
But you did beat the main levels I guess. :)
And here is where I probably missed something essential in the game: "lock onto" ?
I've been playing it as a twin-stick shooter, moving with WASD and aiming with the mouse. Are you telling me I could have targeted enemies and have had my aim locked to them while running around?
If so, gently caress the writers for not telling me so and gently caress me for not figuring that out myself.

Also, I'm probably really bad at this game, because I only got to the boss 4-5 times before being mowed down.
I should probably just move twitch shooters and games that rely on fast reflexes to my "Meh" category and go out and sit on my porch and yell at all the kids to get off my lawn. I'm old :smith:

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Fart of Presto posted:

And here is where I probably missed something essential in the game: "lock onto" ?
I've been playing it as a twin-stick shooter, moving with WASD and aiming with the mouse. Are you telling me I could have targeted enemies and have had my aim locked to them while running around?
If so, gently caress the writers for not telling me so and gently caress me for not figuring that out myself.

Also, I'm probably really bad at this game, because I only got to the boss 4-5 times before being mowed down.
I should probably just move twitch shooters and games that rely on fast reflexes to my "Meh" category and go out and sit on my porch and yell at all the kids to get off my lawn. I'm old :smith:

They mention it in the tutorial. It's not literally a lock on in the traditional sense. If you keep the crosshair within the general vicinity of an enemy then it will "stick." I'm pretty sure this feature was designed to help keyboard+mouse players because using a controller I found the lock on to be completely unnoticeable.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
The lock on really helped with aiming guns/throwing items with KB+M. Made the last boss take like, 6 or 8 tries.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

You can lock onto dudes yeah, you can even use the shift-pan and the lockon to make sure you will hit a dude around the corner.

I think it's MMB or Mouse2 that does it.

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

al-azad posted:

They mention it in the tutorial. It's not literally a lock on in the traditional sense. If you keep the crosshair within the general vicinity of an enemy then it will "stick." I'm pretty sure this feature was designed to help keyboard+mouse players because using a controller I found the lock on to be completely unnoticeable.

Using KBM it won't automatically stick, you have to manually lock a target with middle-mouse. And it's not foolproof (it won't lead targets, for example).

Fart of Presto
Feb 9, 2001
Clapping Larry
Beat: 7 Wonders: Ancient Alien Makeover
Because my beloved casual games, this one a very polished Match-3, won't let me down by having lock-on on the third mouse button or fancy extra levels after the credits.

Nulled: Titan Attacks
I keep getting my rear end handed to me on Titan, so I decided enough is enough. It was fun while it lasted and it's definitely worth playing for fans of Space invaders, Galaga etc.

Good-Natured Filth
Jun 8, 2008

Do you think I've got the goods Bubblegum? Cuz I am INTO this stuff!

Beat The Binding of Isaac: Now, I know I haven't truly beat the game since I only just killed mom in the Depths 2, but after 77 deaths and 19 hours of play, this is a hell of an accomplishment for me, and I wanted to share. I love this game because it's so easy to play while doing something else, like watching TV.

On to an additional 20 hours to get the random amazing build that I had this play-through and kill mom for real.

Good-Natured Filth fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Feb 4, 2013

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

And that's it for Hotline Miami! I didn't do everything everything like unlocking all of the masks or A+ing all of the levels, but I got all three endings and had a blast doing so. The final boss really wasn't that hard, despite some initial rage - I took him out on the fifth try, which didn't take very long at all considering that each failed attempt was over in less than a minute.

Lavatein
May 5, 2009
New 100% achievement completes for last week:

Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack: Pretty fun game! Especially considering it was only a couple of quid in the sale. It's like Katamari Damacy as a platformer, in that your goal is to eat stuff and grow bigger so that you can then eat bigger stuff. I wasn't a fan of the magnet mechanic too much but I'm glad that they didn't introduce too many gimmicky powers, just magnets and flying. I liked how the growth of your blob progressed throughout the game, so that you start off eating tiny crumbs and junk, midgame you're starting to eat people, later levels have you eating buildings. The midgame seemed to stall a bit on that front though, I felt like I was eating mid-sized objects for loads of levels and only at the end did things start getting crazy huge. Recommend giving it a look next sale.

Everyday Genius: SquareLogic: Didn't think I'd ever get this one done. I started playing this about 3 years ago, but the final achievement is to complete every puzzle within one region, which means you gotta complete 5,000 puzzles. First time I tried to do this I got burnt out, which I think happens to everyone. I picked it up again two weeks ago and it hooked me in so that I was playing for multiple hours at a time, and now after 65 hours played it is over. It's not on Steam anymore because the developer's contract with the publisher ran out, but they've expressed an interest in getting it back up. It used to go for like a dollar which is an amazing price to fun ratio.

Sporkles
Mar 15, 2010
Well, since I finished Dark Souls (twice, and then a quick barrel though half of a third to finish off 100% achievements... goddamn what an amazing game), all I've really done is play iPad games and a million hours of Borderlands 2.

I finished my first run (of BL2) a few days ago as a Gunzerker, started my second in True Vault Hunter Mode, but I'm kind of getting sick of it now. It feels like way more of a slog this time around, and it doesn't seem too wonderfully balanced for single player, which is kinda what I'm stuck with (no gaming buddies :qq:).

Plus I have so many good games waiting in the pipeline, I may just dump it and maybe go back to it after a break. I kinda feel like something relaxing and/or puzzle-y. Maybe Lego Batman 2!

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

Lavatein posted:

Everyday Genius: SquareLogic: Didn't think I'd ever get this one done. I started playing this about 3 years ago, but the final achievement is to complete every puzzle within one region, which means you gotta complete 5,000 puzzles. First time I tried to do this I got burnt out, which I think happens to everyone. I picked it up again two weeks ago and it hooked me in so that I was playing for multiple hours at a time, and now after 65 hours played it is over. It's not on Steam anymore because the developer's contract with the publisher ran out, but they've expressed an interest in getting it back up. It used to go for like a dollar which is an amazing price to fun ratio.

An achievement I will never ever get. Just recently got the "Solve all puzzels in 1 location" achievement by finishing the first location in the first region. Felt really grindy - just semi-mindlessly clicking through the most basic puzzles for 20 minutes or so now and then. Can't imagine finishing off the region, nor how much longer it would take to complete a different region.

Game is great though. The harder levels can be really satisfying.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Beatnik-Filmstar posted:

Game is great though. The harder levels can be really satisfying.

Yeah, one thing achievement seekers miss is that they don't leave the first area since the later parts have too large a puzzle to be done mindlessly. I personally love, love the Forest area as it has puzzles with enough complexity without each being over an hour nightmare like those in the last area.

Dickweasel Alpha
Feb 8, 2011

Mod Secrets #614 - Experto Crede is the one who bought most of those frog avatars
I didn't realize I had a problem until Super Meat Boy was $4.00 today and I bought it because "oh what the gently caress fine I'll get it if you're going to mark it down that much"

I didn't install it, then looked at the list of games I haven't installed. Then the games I do have installed, but not played.

58 games. :negative:

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
I best the single player for SkyDrift. It's definitely a fun little game but man, the more I played it the more I realized how poorly balanced it is. Sure the planes have stats for speed, boost power, handling, armor and such but the only thing that really mattered was speed. All places were fragile and pretty much handled the same. Boost power didn't matter since the amount of boost you get is heavily weighted to people at the back of the pack to encourage catch-up. Speed is the only thing that will ever win you a match since AI rubberbanding in normal Power and Elimination races is insane.

Not to mention that the combat is a complete clusterfuck. The really needed to have more defensive abilities as the only way you can ever protect your neck while in the lead is if you have an armor powerup you can pop. Shockwave can defend against missiles but nothing else and you get shot at constantly. They needed to either have more defensive abilities or maybe allow you to out-fly certain shots or something because holy poo poo it's like Mario Kart's blue turtle shell cranked up to the max.

Fun game that looks great and I highly recommend it on a sale but man you might get frustrated. The Speed events were real fun though as that was all about rewarding good flying.

TypeAskee
Jul 21, 2012

Dickweasel Alpha posted:

I didn't realize I had a problem until Super Meat Boy was $4.00 today and I bought it because "oh what the gently caress fine I'll get it if you're going to mark it down that much"

I didn't install it, then looked at the list of games I haven't installed. Then the games I do have installed, but not played.

58 games. :negative:

Heh... I wish it was only 58 games for me... I have 597 Steam games... and I've decided that I'm done (this doesn't necessarily mean beaten, but that I'm never going to play them anymore) with a total of 77 of them, leaving 520 games in my backlog on Steam. This doesn't include GoG with another 30ish, or GamersGate with another 70ish.

You're fine... just enjoy your games collection, man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fart of Presto
Feb 9, 2001
Clapping Larry
I'm really trimming my backlog and nulling everything that does not grab me within 30 minutes to an hour.

Beat(?): The Polynomial
I'm not sure if this game is actually beatable before it crashes/slows to a halt because of too many objects on the screen, but I got most of the achievements and had a pretty good time in this LSD trip simulator.

Nulled: English Country Tune
While seemingly a lovely puzzler, the movement mechanic kept irritating me so much, I just quit it.

Nulled: The Binding of Isaac
I've never gotten further than the 4th level and then I got the DLC that added some impossible enemies.
I'm not sure if I'm missing something here, but I always only end up with like 2 coins, 1 key, a few bombs and one bonus item and that's it. It just seems like I should have a lot more coins compared to some of the stuff I'm able to buy in the shop. But I got my moneys worth of gaming out of it (4 hours) so that's OK.

Nulled: Eversion
I guess it's a good game if you are a fan of NES and platformers?

Nulled: The Basement Collection
Great idea to collect all small games and prototypes into a package to be able to support indie devs. None of them really made me come back for a second play though.

Nulled: Hell Yeah!
Almost 2 hours and that was it. I just don't care for this genre (Metroidvania?). The game seemed polsihed enough but from what I've read, at some point it just becomes repetitive.