Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Koesj
Aug 3, 2003
Love those Indy cartoons, either they've gotten better or I've become jaded with Bell & M Rowson.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Fluo posted:

Stephen Collins :frogc00l:

And this thing.

Ahaha, Stephen Collins is fast becoming one of my favourites. These and that robin cartoon were just great.

Fluo posted:

Telegraph:

:siren: Drawing Israel with blood on their hands - anti-Semite spotted! :siren:

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Guardian:

Chris Riddell on the government's plans for the future defence of Britain.

Telegraph:

Indy:

Economist:

Pretty sure the Egypt label is unneeded since he says Mubarak, is on a camel and has the pyramids behind him.

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

His arse is also labelled "Morsi".

You know, for the benefit of all those legendarily thick Economist readers. Nice to see them commentating so savagely on financial types.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Guardian:

:drat:

Telegraph:

Just a friendly reminder how awful and boring MATT is.

Indy:

Tories throwing toys out the pram at gay marriage.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-21312111

quote:

Senior local Conservatives are urging the prime minister to delay any parliamentary decision on gay marriage until after the next election.

Fluo fucked around with this message at 11:30 on Feb 4, 2013

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

Fluo posted:

Guardian:

Hahahaha, Bell's not pulling any punches, is he?

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Junior G-man posted:

This weeks IF... is going to be awesome, I can feel it!

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Junior G-man posted:

A Jewish man is holding a puppet :supaburn:

Way to go, Steve "Hitler" Bell.

A Sloth
Aug 4, 2010
EVERY TIME I POST I AM REQUIRED TO DISCLOSE THAT I AM A SHITHEAD.

ASK ME MY EXPERT OPINION ON GENDER BASED INSULTS & "ENGLISH ETHNIC GROUPS".

:banme:
What do the teacup and the green dragon/dinosaur things represent? The sloth is an economic growth sloth I read?

A Sloth fucked around with this message at 12:18 on Feb 4, 2013

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Triple-diplodocus (for the recession), a giant fur cup (a gently caress-up if you can't hear it), and yes, an economic growth sloth.

Nope, that's not how you erase an etch-a-sketch. Come on.

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...
In fairness to Matt, isn't that at least partly about how the HS2 route mysteriously doesn't go through George Osborne's constituency?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Fluo posted:

Guardian:

Who's "Sooty"?

I love that the giant fur cup is always smiling. You wouldn't think a Bad Thing would be depicted in any kind of light-hearted manner in an editorial cartoon.

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

prefect posted:

Who's "Sooty"?

Sooty's a glove puppet from UK tv.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Fluo posted:

Guardian:

The growth sloth is trying to figure out how many somethings can dance on the head of a pin but I can't work out what it is.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
My view is very zoomed in and I think that its Osbourne on the pin. Though really all it is is a black blob (his goofy suit,) a tan blob on top of it, and another black blob on top of that (his hair.)

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Fat Guy Sexting posted:

The growth sloth is trying to figure out how many somethings can dance on the head of a pin but I can't work out what it is.

I thought it was a really tiny, sputtering Olympic torch.

A Sloth
Aug 4, 2010
EVERY TIME I POST I AM REQUIRED TO DISCLOSE THAT I AM A SHITHEAD.

ASK ME MY EXPERT OPINION ON GENDER BASED INSULTS & "ENGLISH ETHNIC GROUPS".

:banme:
I thought it might be a loose screw, but there is no thread so it can't be :v:

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

A Sloth posted:

I thought it might be a loose screw, but there is no thread so it can't be :v:

You're a loving sloth, you should know what it is!

Fluo
May 25, 2007

A Sloth posted:

What do the teacup and the green dragon/dinosaur things represent? The sloth is an economic growth sloth I read?

A big fur cup, a big gently caress up. :3:

Edit: edit gently caress beat by a mile.

Fluo fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Feb 4, 2013

Oh dear me
Aug 14, 2012

I have burned numerous saucepans, sometimes right through the metal
Triple dip(lodocus) recession.

fuzzy_logic
May 2, 2009

unfortunately hideous and irreverislbe

And what are the colorful things hanging on the bucket (under the skeleton's arm)? I can't tell if they're knives/trowels with the blades labelled or wormy things with tags hanging off drinking out of the bucket.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
They're definitely labels of some kind since the first says NHS.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Guardian:

:getin: Kill scooty! :getin:

Gordon Brown's legacy.
Richard III's remains have been identified leading to a fierce debate among historians.

Telegraph:

Daily Mail:

quote:

After months of denial Lib Dem Chris Huhne has admitted he tried to pass on some speeding penalty points to his then wife.

quote:

“….and will you promise to love, honour and take on any penalty points if I’m caught speeding?”

LP97S
Apr 25, 2008
My only issue with Bell is that he's having Netanyahu speaking with Commonwealth words when he actually speaks English with a Philadelphia dialect.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Fluo posted:

Daily Mail:

I like how you totally overlooked that they're getting :siren:GAY MARRIED:siren:
e: oh, the bit you quoted's not your gloss of the events, but the Daily Mail's heading. As you were.

Mr. Squishy fucked around with this message at 11:25 on Feb 5, 2013

The Supreme Court
Feb 25, 2010

Pirate World: Nearly done!

Fluo posted:

Guardian:

:getin: Kill scooty! :getin:

Bell's going for the full deck; Bibi is going to pull a bloodied hand out of that sock puppet :ohdear:

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

LP97S posted:

My only issue with Bell is that he's having Netanyahu speaking with Commonwealth words when he actually speaks English with a Philadelphia dialect.

I'd always wondered why he sounded that way.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

fuzzy_logic posted:

And what are the colorful things hanging on the bucket (under the skeleton's arm)? I can't tell if they're knives/trowels with the blades labelled or wormy things with tags hanging off drinking out of the bucket.

I think they are the tails of drowned cats in a bucket labelled with the things that are gonna be cut from the budget to fund the military campaign Cameron wants to conduct.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Miffler posted:

I'd always wondered why he sounded that way.
'cause he lived and was educated in the States.

LP97S
Apr 25, 2008

Deceitful Penguin posted:

'cause he lived and was educated in the States.

Chetlenham, Pennsylvania (an old suburb just north of Philadelphia) to be exact. He went to grade school for two years and high school there along with his late brother Yonotan. I think he was bumming around there after his first term as PM as well.

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

A mini one from Rowson via twitter:

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
In case anyone hasn't seen Charlie Brooker's excellent Black Mirror, which that cartoon is referencing, you really should do so. It's on 4oD if you register (http://www.channel4.com/programmes/black-mirror/4od) and the new series starts next Monday!

Niric
Jul 23, 2008

The signs are great as well, especially love "ONLY HEADS U[P ARSES]". Any ideas for these ones:

"[...] MARRIAGE"
"[...] EU[rope?] GA[ys?]"
"[...] RA[...]"
"[P?]UT TIT BACK INTO CONSTITUENCY OFFICE!" - not sure about this one

I assume it's "BRING BACK SECTION 28"

Fat Guy Sexting posted:

Isn't it, er, fairies?

Crameltonian
Mar 27, 2010
Naturally most cartoons focus on gay marriage today. Surprisingly little passion or vitriol, most of them are going for A Thing Happened mixed with laughing at Cameron

Guardian:

Daily Mail:

quote:

“Don’t raise your hopes, Norman. I’ve got a feeling Brad Pitt is already spoken for.”
I'm amazed that Mac went for something so innocuous, there's not a single swastika in sight! Normally he really has it in for gay people, maybe he's been told to tone down the open hatred.

Telegraph:

Express:

Independent:

Crameltonian fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Feb 6, 2013

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Niric posted:

Isn't it, er, fairies?

Angels not fairies I think.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
I'm almost certain it's the Olympic torch. Something to do with the how the Olympics did a lot for the economy oh wait no they didn't. Hence, tiny torch held by growth sloth.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Yesssss

Niric
Jul 23, 2008

Puntification posted:

Angels not fairies I think.

You're right. Quite glad about that; thought fairies in the context of gay marriage was a little cheap for Rowson

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Nightmare fuel right there. Also big thanks Crameltonian for doing todays post, good to see if I go on holiday it will keep up to day, old days it use to almost die. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Crameltonian posted:

Daily Mail:

I'm amazed that Mac went for something so innocuous, there's not a single swastika in sight! Normally he really has it in for gay people, maybe he's been told to tone down the open hatred.

His last one wasn't hateful either. I'm wondering if he's been told to tone it down or to stop toning it up. Either is possible with the Mail.

• Locked thread