Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
92%!!

Now they are just loving with us!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bulbous nub
Jul 29, 2007

It's ok; I'm taking it back.
Lipstick Apathy

Feenix posted:

92%!!

Now they are just loving with us!!

I found this on Reddit. Evidently, the counter goes up at .0091% a minute and rounds up. Definite sperg-bait as said last page, but it points to a 12 PM EST release tomorrow.

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Now there'll be some quiet in this town.

bulbous nub posted:

I found this on Reddit. Evidently, the counter goes up at .0091% a minute and rounds up. Definite sperg-bait as said last page, but it points to a 12 PM EST release tomorrow.

Haha, that's devious. The counter hasn't been working this way the whole time, has it?

Mastodon Henley
Aug 12, 2003

So... how's your girl?
Well drat.

Wario In Real Life
Nov 9, 2009

by T. Finninho

Nickoten posted:

Haha, that's devious. The counter hasn't been working this way the whole time, has it?
You're so dumb.

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

I guess I should have actually looked at the code. :downs:

Wario In Real Life
Nov 9, 2009

by T. Finninho
You don't have to look at the code. Literally every single "countdown timer!!!" on the internet works the exact same way. It's not like there's an actual guy behind the scene incrementally updating it as the complete their "bug testing".

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Nickoten posted:

No, it hasn't. Read the code; it started doing this at 90%. I haven't been watching the site until now, but presumably it was being manually edited up to that point and probably went up in chunks.

e: Well, that was a slow response.

Also, their variable names are completely baffling and, thus, hilarious.

Funkmaster General fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Feb 4, 2013

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Interesting. Because when I check the source, the only .js I see is for Google Ads. And the code for the bar is:

code:
<div id="progress"><div><progress max="100" value="90" id="progress_indicator"></progress></div>
The CSS for #progress is:

code:
#progress{text-align:center;}#progress progress{margin-top:30px;width:500px;}#progress strong{font-weight:normal;font-size:16px;color:#000;}#progress p{margin-top:20px;font-size:14px;}
No idea where this auto-update for the progress bar is supposed to be.

Mastodon Henley
Aug 12, 2003

So... how's your girl?
I've been checking on my phone, and don't actually see the progress bar.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Kheldarn posted:

Interesting. Because when I check the source, the only .js I see is for Google Ads. And the code for the bar is:

code:
<div id="progress"><div><progress max="100" value="90" id="progress_indicator"></progress></div>
The CSS for #progress is:

code:
#progress{text-align:center;}#progress progress{margin-top:30px;width:500px;}#progress strong{font-weight:normal;font-size:16px;color:#000;}#progress p{margin-top:20px;font-size:14px;}
No idea where this auto-update for the progress bar is supposed to be.

It's the very last script before the </body> tag. Starts on line 127.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Funkmaster General posted:

It's the very last script before the </body> tag. Starts on line 127.

Ah ha. THAT'S why I missed it. I was looking for a .js file, not an actual script. Thank you!

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

Brandy does in fact, in my experience, contribute to Getting Down.

Wario In Real Life posted:

You don't have to look at the code. Literally every single "countdown timer!!!" on the internet works the exact same way. It's not like there's an actual guy behind the scene incrementally updating it as the complete their "bug testing".

If you'd read the code start is defined as "90". This was only implemented at 90%. All percentages prior were manually entered.

If you can't even understand "var InitialValue=90" maybe you shouldn't be so snide with people.

As is, it will "finish" at noon EST tomorrow, but I seriously doubt it isn't already ready and they're just loving with people.

e2: Change your system clock to tomorrow and the progress bar will change. It's literally meaningless.

Chef De Cuisinart fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Feb 4, 2013

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I don't want to be all conspiracy theorist, but the way all JB's have been swamped day 1 before, I would not be shocked if they advertise noon EST tomorrow, but release it earlier after everyone else has stopped F5'ing because they said Noon EST tomorrow.

Because it's been quite the hammered clusterfuck in the past years.

Or they could just actually release at Noon EST tomorrow... :)

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

It does seem like a bad idea to say exactly when you plan on releasing it if bandwidth is a concern. But I guess as soon as it gets put up we'll know from a host of other sources.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
I was going to save all of my Cydia things, but I am going just start fresh and explore cydia again, except the essential.

Klowns
May 13, 2009

Laugh At Me Will They?

Chef De Cuisinart posted:

Change your system clock to tomorrow and the progress bar will change. It's literally meaningless.

This is great, I bet there's so many people getting excited by that bar jumping up 1% at a time. I'll be keeping an eye on it during the night anyway just so I can put the file up on one of my sites when it comes out.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Chef De Cuisinart posted:

e2: Change your system clock to tomorrow and the progress bar will change. It's literally meaningless.

Unless the developers will have it finished before it hits 100% and decide to release it once the progress bar gets there.

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

"You can see how they go from being so sweet to tearing your face off,
just like that,
and it's amazing to have that range."

Thunderdome Exclusive

Grandmaster.flv posted:

The progress bar is such spergbait.

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

Feenix posted:

That happened to me too. I downloaded the one for my AT&T phone and it wouldn't take. Downloaded the other and it was good to go.

I'm still running into this on my Verizon iPhone 5. Even when just downloading from iTunes. Not sure what else to try.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
Anyone know how to grab jailbreak packages on a computer? I'd like to get the stuff I need before Cydia gets killed later.

*EDIT* Found a easy way! http://cydiaupdates.net/

Djarum fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Feb 4, 2013

Rick Rickshaw
Feb 21, 2007

I am not disappointed I lost the PGA Championship. Nope, I am not.

Djarum posted:

Anyone know how to grab jailbreak packages on a computer? I'd like to get the stuff I need before Cydia gets killed later.

*EDIT* Found a easy way! http://cydiaupdates.net/

Sweet! I've wanted something like this many times. So much quicker to install via SSH.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

Is there a tutorial somewhere for how to upgrade my ipod touch 4g to 5.1.1 from a currently jailbroken 4.3.3? Most of the ones I've found online only talk about a downgrade from iOS6. I have the shsh stored for it through TinyUmbrella. I don't want to use iOS6 because I need the ability to use wiki2touch with it.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

I've always been a little ...lost on some of this jailbreaking stuff. I can upgrade my 5.1.1 jailbroken 4 just by using iTunes, correct? That will give me a clean, non-jailbroken install? Is that how that works?

Bouchacha
Feb 7, 2006

"100%: Final testing and preparation. Come back soon!"

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
"Oh sorry, we should have told you, we're not releasing until the counter reaches 110%"

pizza valentine
Sep 19, 2007

DON'T FAKE THE FUNK
Grimey Drawer
Its up.

Ev
Aug 3, 2006
It's showing download links now. But the Mac one says page view limit exceeded. But I downloaded the Windows version.

Edit: never mind, now the Mac one's downloading.

Shmoogy
Mar 21, 2007
:siren:I know it's super tempting to get everything done asap, but as a reminder, do not jailbreak your main/only phone or iPad if you need it. Things can be unstable at first, Cydia will probably be down/slow as hell, and it's worthwhile to wait and see what other peoples experiences are at first.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
How come I still show the 100% please wait. Soon. With grayed out links?

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003

Feenix posted:

How come I still show the 100% please wait. Soon. With grayed out links?

Clear your cache?

Corgi
Jun 9, 2010
There's mirror links below the main downloads, too! It took me a few minutes to notice.

Klowns
May 13, 2009

Laugh At Me Will They?
As expected the download servers are being slamed and the download speed is poo poo, so I'm hosting them as well:

Windows

Mac

Linux

Klowns fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Feb 4, 2013

bulbous nub
Jul 29, 2007

It's ok; I'm taking it back.
Lipstick Apathy
Downloaded the file, ran it, and it crashed while gathering information for jailbreak. Re-ran it and after rebooting a few times, it looks like it's finished up and I'm good to go.

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
Downloaded from Kim Dotcom at 1.2MB/sec

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Klowns posted:

As expected the download servers are being slamed and the download speed is poo poo, so I'm hosting them as well:

Windows

Mac
Thanks. Your mirror downloaded in 4 seconds :)

TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

I got it from box net link in about 1 min. Just doing another backup before running. I am new to jailbreaking, this will be fun and exciting!

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Protip: at the step where it says to unlock your device and find the JB Icon... if you can't find it, don't forget about swiping to the left and Searching for it! :)

pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades
I also have them here: http://pseudonordic.org/evasi0n/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

:woop: :woop:

Klowns posted:

Windows

Mac

Linux

:hfive:

Pretty excited to jailbreak the 5

• Locked thread