Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

"Be careful whom you trust" :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Glamorama26 posted:

Scarface and Taxi Driver are particularly good examples. I love Scarface because it doesn't show a flawed anti-hero, but because it shows a horrible human being that has to lye in the bed that he's made. Yep, he's charming and hilarious, but the same qualities that make him those things are what lead to the monster you end up with. Tony Montana is captivating and pathetic all at once.

I remember bringing up Scarface in a civics class about as an example of how people misconstrue the meanings of film and the professor commented how he didn't know why it was so popular a movie with young males because the only thing he took from that movie was that Tony wanted to gently caress his sister.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Vagabundo posted:

More Burt Wonderstone posters

"Maxwell Lord posted:

The one with Olivia Wilde sold me on the movie. Because rawr.

See, I don't understand the appeal of her. Maybe its because I'm gay, but to me she seems only be technically pretty. Add to that, she seems to really bring nothing to whatever roles I have seen her in.

I just don't understand why she is all of a sudden a big name.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Another gay dude chiming in: she's a total bombshell and I've liked her in everything she's in.

She's not a larger than life personality that makes her roles fascinating to watch, but she is a good actress even with poo poo material to work with.

Copy-paste this text for Emma Stone, Amanda Seyfried, Anne Hathaway, etc.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
I don't get what 'technically pretty' means.

Plus she brings a lot more than what's on the page to her role in 'Tron' and 'Cowboys V Aliens'. She deserves better than what she gets.

lt_kennedy
Sep 2, 2007
Needs Moar Race

Nihonniboku posted:

See, I don't understand the appeal of her. Maybe its because I'm gay, but to me she seems only be technically pretty. Add to that, she seems to really bring nothing to whatever roles I have seen her in.

I'm pretty sure she's openly bisexual - so she gets points from me just for that - and also her pretty eyes :3:

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

DrVenkman posted:

I don't get what 'technically pretty' means.

She's the Crysis of actresses.

fancyclown
Dec 10, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kY8peyIaNdM

oh, and this

fancyclown fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Feb 3, 2013

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.
I'm going to take a wild guess and say that blurb is from someone who really didn't like either movie.

On that note:

There are palpable waves of sarcasm coming off that top quote.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Oh Justin Long, you're way more talented than the roles your given. You deserve better.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

DrVenkman posted:

Oh Justin Long, you're way more talented than the roles your given. You deserve better.

It's probably his whole "slacker" image. If you look lazy, you get lazy roles from lazy producers.

But what do I know, I've only seen him in Idiocracy and those PC/Mac commercials.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Fast and Furious 6 teaser

Meh.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Vagabundo posted:

Meh.

What, no Omen tie-in?
:colbert:

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Vagabundo posted:

Meh.

I will be disappointed if this isn't like the Fast and Furious 6 from American Dad.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Nihonniboku posted:

I think she's freaking stunning.

My friend thinks she has a weird square head.

Olivia Wilde's looks are very polarizing

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Macaluso posted:

I think she's freaking stunning.

My friend thinks she has a weird square head.

Olivia Wilde's looks are very polarizing

If she's got her hair pulled back I can see where he gets the head shape thing from. But that's just a nitpick, really...

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Vagabundo posted:

More Burt Wonderstone posters

Every bit of marketing for this movie makes it look so goddamn fun. Looking forward to it and hopefully they continue with the same style if they make more promotional materials. Stands out next to anything.

Also Justin Long was by far the best part of The Sasquatch Gang and he's awesome playing ridiculous over the top characters.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Vagabundo posted:

Meh.

Aww I was hoping it would be called Furious Six, since it's the followup to Fast Five.

DNS
Mar 11, 2009

by Smythe

Nihonniboku posted:

I'm straight and I'm with you. I think she's stiff as a board. I don't think she'd be working so much if it weren't for her unusual looks.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

scary ghost dog posted:

Aww I was hoping it would be called Furious Six, since it's the followup to Fast Five.

It was called this at some point, because the trailer got leaked before the Super Bowl and it had that title. Really disappointed it got changed.

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Something about this feels kinda hinky
Followed by a double-length sequel: The Seven and the Eight.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Nihonniboku posted:

I normally don't have the hugest crush on her, but something about putting her in Vegas magician garb just does it. This looks like a lot of fun.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

General Ironicus posted:

Followed by a double-length sequel: The Seven and the Eight.

Which are set in space.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

The most :psyduck: aspect of the whole F&F4/5/6 ridiculousness is that all of this takes place before the (now) rather mundane Tokyo Drift.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

She's hot when she wears KU hats and goes to the games. But the fact that I'm a gigantic homer for KU basketball *might* factor in to my thinking on that.

Wubbles
Oct 30, 2011
ok, it's time to stop nitpicking the appearance of olivia wilde. it got pretty creepy like 20 posts ago

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
For the record, I would totally put it in Steve Carrel.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I'm sorry I posted that poster in the first place. I should have known it would lead to creepiness.

On topic, some new posters for GI Joe: Retaliation. I like the concept, but the execution is a bit lazy. They had, like, 9 months extra to do these, for god's sake.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.
Found a not-bad fan poster:

EDIT: Um... actually that's pretty amazing.
v v v v v

Robert Denby fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Feb 4, 2013

foodfight
Feb 10, 2009

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Drink! Feck! Arse! Girls!

Robert Denby posted:

Wow, I really like that. Good concept, good execution. I'd totally hang that up.

Dopefish Lives!
Nov 27, 2004

Swim swim hungry

Ez posted:

Wow, I really like that. Good concept, good execution. I'd totally hang that up.

I'd frame it simply for the groundhog's expression.

Parachute
May 18, 2003

SLEEPAWAY
PUBES

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

Robert Denby posted:

I like this; for some reason, the fact that the groundhog is drawn fairly realistically, while Bill Murray's character is a grotesque cartoon, really works for me.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Sums up that movie perfectly, right down to the obscenely tiny shorts.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

That's outstanding.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Robert Denby posted:

EDIT: Um... actually that's pretty amazing.
v v v v v

This pisses me off because they misspelled "Tobolowsky."

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

More rage-inducing minimalism:

It's the "Back to the Future" trilogy.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I can't believe this got talent approval.

You'd think Zac's publicist would be on nipple guard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terminal Entropy
Dec 26, 2012

Rahonavis posted:

More rage-inducing minimalism:

It's the "Back to the Future" trilogy.

I think this is the laziest one I have seen that tops out the Green Lantern poster that was just a green lantern and nothing more.