Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Chef Boyardee posted:

I'm really happy you like it, it means a lot to me. I feel like the only music that's any good in the music pack is Non Human and Mountain of Debt. The rest is all very old and weird garbage or stuff I made in 30 minutes for game jams. That RPG Maker folder is just a blast from the past for me. I dug through old hard drives to find old games I did the music for and found stuff I hadn't heard in a decade plus weird proto versions of Jonathan Taylor Thomas and a bunch of other songs in Barkley.. It's funny how little I've progressed and how my music is basically the same.

You're way, way too hard on yourself. I think your music started out pretty good and only got better, and only your focus on chiptunes creates anything like a seeming lack of progression. You're still ridiculously young and have made more memorable and fun vidcon music than some people who work at it their entire lives.

Chef Boyardee posted:

Yes, Ren definitely messed something up in the version he gave us. Too bad, it just means more time with your beautiful voice.

Is there any chance a patch could be released? I know that symbolically opens the door to infinitely patching every little problem with these mostly unfinished games, but in this case I think it's worth it since Natural Evolution is honestly pretty fun in its non-broken state and as it stands it's barely playable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feast of Burden
Oct 9, 2008

WARNING: may cause indigestion and severe heartburn
I haven't received anything via email yet :( the sadness is almost crushing me. What do I do to change that?

Miruvor
Jan 19, 2007
Pillbug
Hmm, I have the preview music pack, but I don't see Non-Human or Mountain of Debt in the listings, is there a separate pack going to be released?

Bubba is definitely my favorite of the current batch.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Feast of Burden posted:

I haven't received anything via email yet :( the sadness is almost crushing me. What do I do to change that?

Double check your spam folder and if that doesn't work, pm chef boyardee or message the kickstarter.

Chef Boyardee
Oct 25, 2007

freindly
Check your spam folder. If they're not there, email contact@talesofgames.com.

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.
I know you said you can't sell the game pack separately from the kickstarter, but what about the music?

Bro Enlai
Nov 9, 2008

I got this spam message today. What do you know about this, Chef Boyardee?

quote:

WHACK!

Basketball firmly Qiaojinnuoa hit the bull side, an accelerated Derrick Rose will be poised to seize the basketball, the ball Lee Immersió and no steals show strong ambition, because he knew that standing in front of guy physique too strong for his more than doubled, and why should they knocked it.

Derrick Rose took the basketball immediately bolted, a fat foot opening, revealing his strong offensive **. Because physical fitness is not a level, so Lee Immersió only watched Derrick Rose metamorphosis explosive speed straight cut basket, then seize Joel Anthony on weak footing gap, mercilessly to a potential vigorously Shen large windmill dunk.

Boom, suddenly the audience fans cheering the Chicago Bulls since Michael Jordan never out physique so perverted guard. Lens sweep to Michael Jordan, Michael Jordan did not seem to mind the idea, as drooping eyelids did not wake up in general. Outside this general interpretation uninterested in playing for the trapeze His Majesty's dunk this difficulty, they simply do not know Michael Jordan is still immersed in being depressed lost North Carolina underwear.

(it goes on like this, the rest is linked here so as not to drown the thread)

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
do you still not understand?

Bro Enlai posted:

I got this spam message today. What do you know about this, Chef Boyardee?

(it goes on like this, the rest is linked here so as not to drown the thread)

Strong offensive what?

Revealing his strong offensive what?

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

ProfessorProf posted:

Strong offensive what?

Revealing his strong offensive what?

If you have to ask, then you'll never know.

AF
Oct 8, 2007
hi

Throumbas posted:

I loved the new versions of the Barkley 1 tracks but I too was hoping for a zalatar - precious pellets sequel.

I just finished replaying Barkley 1 and I agree, this track is super solid. It really stood out amongst the others.

Chef Boyardee
Oct 25, 2007

freindly

Cicero posted:

I know you said you can't sell the game pack separately from the kickstarter, but what about the music?

Is it something you actually want? I guess, if you want it. It's not something I really thought about. It's not that great for the most part.

Chef Boyardee
Oct 25, 2007

freindly
That's how you move product, folks.

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.

Chef Boyardee posted:

Is it something you actually want? I guess, if you want it. It's not something I really thought about. It's not that great for the most part.
Yeah, when I have a bit more spending money. It sounds like other goons are really enjoying it, and I like what I've heard so far.

You've heard of bandcamp I presume?

Cicero fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Feb 5, 2013

ShadeofDante
Feb 17, 2007

speaking of minds! know what's on mine? murders.

Chef Boyardee posted:

I missed out on the Kickstarter and I'd love to snag the sound pack.

Cybershell
Jun 12, 2007

I hold all of you in the highest contempt
I totally dig that one of the misc tracks in the ToG music pack is titled ulillillia.mp3, did you submit this to him to try and get it in Platform Masters or something?

edit: vvv wow a 95% on your first try Chef, that's amazing. Do you think you could make a 4 hour long video where you go through the ToG music pack and show us your preferred speed percentages on each track?

Cybershell fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Feb 5, 2013

BattleHamster
Mar 18, 2009

Cybershell posted:

I totally dig that one of the misc tracks in the ToG music pack is titled ulillillia.mp3, did you submit this to him to try and get it in Platform Masters or something?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1mJ9ow6iT8&t=3330s

Just in case you wanted to hear it at varying speeds.

edit: Just realized this isn't the same song as the one in the music pack.

BattleHamster fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Feb 6, 2013

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

There's going to be a Barkley High School in season 2 of goon-made webseries VGHS, with their mascots being the Cyber Dwarves.

You can see their logo halfway down the page.

Obviously, the first question is: is this canon?

Tres Burritos
Sep 3, 2009

BattleHamster posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1mJ9ow6iT8&t=3330s

Just in case you wanted to hear it at varying speeds.

:catstare: What the gently caress is up with this guy? He listened to that last song for days?

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Tres Burritos posted:

:catstare: What the gently caress is up with this guy? He listened to that last song for days?

One day you'll find a song that has a four digit compatibility rating and you'll understand.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Occupation posted:

Shut up shut up shut up with this aaaaaaaa

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

"Hey remember that part of Barkley 1 that was funny? Let's make it not funny!" -Everyone

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
You should have never admitted to yourself that you hate your jokes becoming memes because all the unfunny people don't care so the only thing that will happen is that internet will slowly turn into your personal ironic hell, like Silent Hill.

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Seeds taste better with friends.

Take comfort that you are not alone, Cboyardee. You and the guy who did the writing for Portal can go drown your sorrows in an endless tide of alcohol and tears.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

Line Feed posted:

Take comfort that you are not alone, Cboyardee. You and the guy who did the writing for Portal can go drown your sorrows in an endless tide of alcohol and tears.

And money. Don't forget the money.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

On my university's "meme page" on Facebook, I only post snarky one liners like "chicken fry" and "joke's".

Warning: these memes are canon.

Philip Rivers fucked around with this message at 09:34 on Feb 6, 2013

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
If it helps, I only use the word canon to make fun of TVTropes. :shobon::hf::getin:

Chef Boyardee
Oct 25, 2007

freindly

Occupation posted:

There's going to be a Barkley High School in season 2 of goon-made webseries VGHS, with their mascots being the Cyber Dwarves.

You can see their logo halfway down the page.

Aaaaaa that is incredible. I hadn't seen this before but Freddie Wong is a really talented dude and one of the few really big YouTube people who is actually funny, so I'm totally getting behind this.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Man, the VidCon pack really reminds me of just how much i love Vidiot Game. I had almost forgotten how great it is. It should be on Greenlight or something.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Is Mountain of Debt supposed to open a browser tab to run the game?

Chef Boyardee
Oct 25, 2007

freindly
Yeah, it's Flash.

Dorroile posted:

Man, the VidCon pack really reminds me of just how much i love Vidiot Game. I had almost forgotten how great it is. It should be on Greenlight or something.
Yeah, Vidiot Game really is something else! If you like it, think about buying a few of GZStorm's games. GZ is the guy who programmed the original Barkley and pretty much everyone who's working on Barkley 2 has worked on many, many GZ games in the past. He's the best.

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

Chef Boyardee posted:

Aaaaaa that is incredible. I hadn't seen this before but Freddie Wong is a really talented dude and one of the few really big YouTube people who is actually funny, so I'm totally getting behind this.

You know he's a goon, right?
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3486575

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
What i'm saying is, Barkley 2 better have a class that involves merging with a swarm of bees.

Bleep
Feb 7, 2004

Non Human has really great presentation, I'm really impressed. I managed to miss it when I was browsing through the Action 52 game jam a few years ago. I'm having a lot of fun messing around with all the games in this collection!

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Yeah, Non Human is awesome.

Chef Boyardee
Oct 25, 2007

freindly

weird bleep posted:

Non Human has really great presentation, I'm really impressed. I managed to miss it when I was browsing through the Action 52 game jam a few years ago. I'm having a lot of fun messing around with all the games in this collection!

Thanks. We've been working on it on and off for 2 years, so the version from the Action 52 game jam is really, really outdated. I think I'm done with music but Frankie's working on the game during the weekends and wants to release it commercially soon. The version in the ToG game pack has like 50% of the game removed, it's huge.

I'm glad people like it!!

Chef Boyardee
Oct 25, 2007

freindly

Dorroile posted:

What i'm saying is, Barkley 2 better have a class that involves merging with a swarm of bees.

Prophetic post. . .

Truth
Feb 24, 2005
What's up Chef buddy, just wanted to say hi and that I hope all goes well in this new videogame venture of yours.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Everyone's favorite speedrunner is going hard on attempts in both 100% and any% for Barkley 1. Come watch bullshit rng ruin his day over and over, http://www.twitch.tv/lazerlong

RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON

SeXReX posted:

Everyone's favorite speedrunner is going hard on attempts in both 100% and any% for Barkley 1. Come watch bullshit rng ruin his day over and over, http://www.twitch.tv/lazerlong

Does a 100% barkley run entail killing every monster?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?
I only just now noticed it, but what was the 200k stretch goal going to be? Buying the rights to the space jam theme?