Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I've got Lissa up to level 15 now and it's only the 6th Chapter, it is nutty how I can basically spend all of her turns just healing dudes and she'll get like 4-5 levels from just one healing staff, she's going to be a monster whenever I make her into a bishop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heavy neutrino
Sep 16, 2007

You made a fine post for yourself. ...For a casualry, I suppose.

Cake Attack posted:

Whatup terrible Lissa buddy. Mine was terrible too, ended up using Maribelle. Who also sucks, and now I heal with concoctions while she rides shotgun with Ricken, who owns.

You think your Lissa sucked? Mine, spectacularly, managed to reach level 9 without gaining a single point of magic.

Maribelle completely dropped the ball too, and I don't care because the third healer you get is ~fabulous~

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Endorph posted:

Have Frederick support her. Congrats, she's now a flying tank that one-rounds people.

I kept her paired up with Chrom. They're married now. :3: They dodge pretty much every attack and usually both attack twice. Granted, I'm playing causal normal... though I still reset the level pretty much every time someone dies (usually Sully, who is somehow four levels behind most of my other fighters despite being pared with Frederick for the last six chapters or so).

I feel terrible for leaving pretty much every character who wasn't a complete BAMF by the roadside, though. Is there a Pokemon-esque Exp Share item that I could give to some of my underleveled characters? I mean, I guess I *could* break up some pairs for a bit and mess with the levelsbut I really like the pairs I have going now... besides Cordelia and Ricken. poo poo got creepy fast (and completely accidentally, I didn't even realize that they could get an A rating until they were already at a B).

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

I'm up to chapter four or five and still really don't feel like I have a good handle on the pair-up mechanic. If I move Sumia up to pair with Frederick, who becomes the lead? Does the support character have any agency other than occasional bonus attacks? In the case of the Fred/Sumia pair, assuming Sumia is in the lead, what happens if she's attacked by an archer? Whose HP goes down and how much?

Perma death makes me a sissy who doesn't like to experiment.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Sarchasm posted:

I'm up to chapter four or five and still really don't feel like I have a good handle on the pair-up mechanic. If I move Sumia up to pair with Frederick, who becomes the lead? Does the support character have any agency other than occasional bonus attacks? In the case of the Fred/Sumia pair, assuming Sumia is in the lead, what happens if she's attacked by an archer? Whose HP goes down and how much?

Perma death makes me a sissy who doesn't like to experiment.

When you do a pair up, the person you are pairing up with will become the leader. The incentive to do so is that pairing up adds certain bonuses to characters, whether it be stats, extra attacks, or defending the leader. If the leader is Sumia then she's going to be the one that takes damage unless Fred defends her in which case no damage is done at all to the leader, the support's health does not factor into anything whatsoever. It also has the added benefit of increasing the Support Link everytime the pair gets into a fight, gets healed, or gets another turn from a dancer. Also, when you increase your support ranks the chances of the support character in the pair attacking or defending increase.

It's a really useful mechanic and Fred is basically your go to guy for it at the start of the game is what I've found.

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME
So I'm an idiot and I can't figure out how exactly to get the Marth DLC. When I go to the E-Shop page for it, it just boots up Awakening. I don't see an option to download DLC in Awakening itself, either. What do I do here?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

EGSunBro posted:

So I'm an idiot and I can't figure out how exactly to get the Marth DLC. When I go to the E-Shop page for it, it just boots up Awakening. I don't see an option to download DLC in Awakening itself, either. What do I do here?

Just keep playing the game and the option to get the DLC will manifest itself in the form a gate, A REALLY OBVIOUS GATE, you can get the DLC and do the maps there.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

EGSunBro posted:

Play a bit. A place called the Outrealm Gate opens up after a bit.

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
Why do 24 STR warriors with Steel Axes come out of fortresses with speed to double Henry. Screw that man, I'm not sacrificing my good levels for you :colbert:.

As for the DLC, it's accessed ingame after a few levels, it'll be a pink glowy spot at the bottom. You can't miss it.

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

RoyalScion posted:

Why do 24 STR warriors with Steel Axes come out of fortresses with speed to double Henry. Screw that man, I'm not sacrificing my good levels for you :colbert:.

As for the DLC, it's accessed ingame after a few levels, it'll be a pink glowy spot at the bottom. You can't miss it.

Henry owns and you should reconsider.

edit: Stats are fleeting but characters are foreeeeever.

RuBisCO fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Feb 5, 2013

Nages
Dec 31, 2011

Just yell at her like you always do. Bitch, get out of the way!
Do stats added by Pairing Units or X Tonics count for skill activations?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

RuBisCO posted:

Henry owns and you should reconsider.

edit: Stats are fleeting but characters are foreeeeever.

Recawnsider. But seriously, he's a pain to keep alive.

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
Well I only expected unpromoted myrmidons or fighters to come out from the fortresses, based on other fortresses but I guess IS had to include a bunch of gently caress-yous when I try to cut corners to make things go faster :downs:

RoyalScion fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Feb 5, 2013

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

My unit in this game is surprisingly overpowered.

He's a Dark mage who not only has insane magic and resistance stats.
But can deal damage 4 TIMES WITH ONE ATTACK

:getin:

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.
"I ain't ever seen one of these at the farm!

You found a: Ladle!"

You had a lovely farm donny.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
Has anyone who pre-ordered this game from Amazon gotten a shipping confirmation yet?

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Slate Action posted:

Has anyone who pre-ordered this game from Amazon gotten a shipping confirmation yet?

I haven't gotten a confirmation either, though I preordered the bundle best buy.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Pixeltendo posted:

Wait wait what?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Pixeltendo posted:

You know, sometimes I regret having My Unit major in Strength, but then I get bumrushed by four fighters and the only result is losing 6 HP and four dead fighters.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

404GoonNotFound posted:

Wait wait what?

There is a Dark spell which function as a Brave weapon.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

ImpAtom posted:

There is a Dark spell which function as a Brave weapon.

Goddamn, when/where do you get this poo poo? I gotta start taking notes.
e: Oh wait, it's only Dark Magic and not a Tome? But I wanted to stay Grandmaster or Dark Knight :qq:

404GoonNotFound fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Feb 5, 2013

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
Okay how do you make money in this game? The items which create random encounters cost me 4800, and assuming the small bullions still sell for 5000 that doesn't sound profitable. Do I just have to wait for random encounters to spawn, well, randomly by themselves?

EDIT: I'm only on chapter 5 though

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

That's one way to get ahead in life, but nothing beats an axe to the face.
I heard money making and grinding is not worth it in Hard/Lunatic without the money/exp DLC maps. Even on normal, it's not that profitable to buy a reeking box and level up that way. I don't even use skirmishes for exp but to raise support levels because they take longer than the GBA games.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
I guess once Krom hits a decent level I can have him solo the first DLC map with Falchion and sell the loot, but that's kind of disheartening.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Reiterpallasch posted:

Okay how do you make money in this game? The items which create random encounters cost me 4800, and assuming the small bullions still sell for 5000 that doesn't sound profitable. Do I just have to wait for random encounters to spawn, well, randomly by themselves?

EDIT: I'm only on chapter 5 though

Don't grind for money. Advance in the story and you'll get tons of M and L bullion which is worth a boatload. Money is best earned by just advancing the plot, you will get a lot. I was sitting on 5-60,000 without effort.

Beyond that:

There are skills and weapons which have a % chance to turn an enemy into a small bullion when defeated which is a fantastic way to make cash if you got it to spare, but involves a lot of time and potentially rare items that you use up. It isn't often worth it.

Supposedly if you can reach max renown you're basically give full gold but I donno.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

No Best Buy, Walmart or Gamestop in the entire Phoenix are got copies. Only two targets did (3 a piece) and only one would sell it before tomorrow (we don't have a floor plan for it so I can't sell it till that happens and that happens tomorrow so... COME IN TOMORROW yeah buddy? No buddy.) Took a 30 mile drive but damned if it wasn't worth it i'm havin' a loving ball rollin' up on guys with Kellam and walking away with barely a scratch.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Lord Ephraim posted:

I heard money making and grinding is not worth it in Hard/Lunatic without the money/exp DLC maps. Even on normal, it's not that profitable to buy a reeking box and level up that way. I don't even use skirmishes for exp but to raise support levels because they take longer than the GBA games.

It's actually plenty profitable in normal mode, don't know what you're talking about.

But in Hard and above, yeah, you pretty much have to use DLC if you want infinite money. Keep in mind that none of the content that rewards excessive grinding has even been released yet, and none of it will be released before the money DLC if NoA uses the same release schedule as NoJ.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

404GoonNotFound posted:

Goddamn, when/where do you get this poo poo? I gotta start taking notes.
e: Oh wait, it's only Dark Magic and not a Tome? But I wanted to stay Grandmaster or Dark Knight :qq:

There's a wind magic one that does too, it'll just be a pain to get since it's one of the randoms you get from item finds so you'll usually get logs instead.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

So ideally, how hard should I grind levels before reclassing / promoting? Or does it not really matter?
Specifically with Donnel. I currently have him at level 11 because I was thinking of waiting to reclass him before I got further.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I see that weapons/spells have a set amount of uses and then they break. Is there a place to repair them before that or do I just need to buy new ones when they break?

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

I waited to reclass Donny until he hit 15 in Villager for his second skill, even though it's not all that hot. Donny gets absurd really, really fast though; I just promoted him at level 11 mercenary after reclassing from villager at 15 and he had 5 stats capped and can pretty much solo every level so far on his own. I'm sure low caps and limited class options will eventually prevent him from being a god unit in the lategame, but right now nothing can do anything to him (even mages, since I paired him with Nowi and she gives resistance when paired up).

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

pandaK posted:

So ideally, how hard should I grind levels before reclassing / promoting? Or does it not really matter?
Specifically with Donnel. I currently have him at level 11 because I was thinking of waiting to reclass him before I got further.

Get to 20 before promoting. It's really easy in this one.

For reclassing, when you get the last skill in your current class. Usually 15, but it can be 10 if you're doing unpromoted classes I guess.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

neongrey posted:

There's a wind magic one that does too, it'll just be a pain to get since it's one of the randoms you get from item finds so you'll usually get logs instead.
...I got one of these in Chapter 2.

(So far my sparklies have been 1 experience, 1 support boost, 1 weapon level boost, Sigurd's Lance, Superior Bow, and Celica's Gale. This just isn't fair.)

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I see that weapons/spells have a set amount of uses and then they break. Is there a place to repair them before that or do I just need to buy new ones when they break?

Most of the basic/non special weapons can be replaced by buying another one. Anything that has a name ("Roy's Blade" or whatever) needs to be found again or purchased from a Streetpass team.

There is a staff that can repair one weapon once but it is extremely rare and has a single use.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Does Armsthrift work with Hammerne?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Aphrodite posted:

Armsthrift doesn't work with staves at all.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
It's because Staves aren't considered to be weapons, right?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

I don't think so but I can't be sure. I'm fairly sure it only triggers in a battle scene, while Hammerne and other staves don't actually start one. I may be wrong though.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

ImpAtom posted:

There is a staff that can repair one weapon once but it is extremely rare and has a single use.

Rare? I have like 6-7 Hammernes by Chapter 12 because Anna shows up everywhere (One time she showed up in 4 different locations at the same time). They just seem to throw everything at you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Aphrodite posted:

Get to 20 before promoting. It's really easy in this one.

For reclassing, when you get the last skill in your current class. Usually 15, but it can be 10 if you're doing unpromoted classes I guess.

Why level 20 before promoting?

• Locked thread