Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snix
Aug 31, 2012

After the war of great troll, he only stands. He now returns to the legendary city to seek revenge on the death of his village. Episode 1: "Legendary School Girl Bubble Gum! Will Senpai Notice Me!?"
Mary Elizabeth McGlynn voices her in the anime, and she actually does a drat good job of making her sound androgynous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tsundair
Nov 4, 2012
I beat the game for my third time a while ago (gotta get all those trophies) and I absolutely love the stuff they added. I'm so glad they give you time after december to max nanako and dojima's social links after they are hurt and/or dead. Overall, great game, A+ would play again. Now off to play Persona 3 Portable. The vita is basically my personal $250 atlus machine.

blue font
Feb 28, 2011
I've been running my first new game+ with non-transferred stats, low exp gain, high yen gain and a strict 'no gold hands' policy. The game has been a lot more fun and challenging since I'm pretty much 10 levels lower than most of the enemies, and suddenly able to get 1-shotted by regular monsters. Crowd control abilites are suddenly a whole lot more useful, and I'm having to think a lot more about what skills I put on my personas. A far cry from my first playthrough where I was level 60 by Risette's dungeon.

One weird thing I noticed is that Chie's skull cracker moves rarely if ever fails to panic an enemy, unless it's outright immune to physical attacks. Chie is a lot more useful this time around, whereas last time I never really gave her the time of day.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I am amazed at how many people buy Vitas just for this game. THE PSVITA'S KILLER APP: A DATING SIM FROM 2008

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

DarkHamsterlord posted:

Why are you specifying anime Dojima? He does that in the game, too.

Wait, didn't he stay home that night? Or at least I picked the dialogue option that made him not run off. I only vaguely remember.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Phobophilia posted:

Wait, didn't he stay home that night? Or at least I picked the dialogue option that made him not run off. I only vaguely remember.

There's one early on in the link where he runs off and you confront him about it after he gets back, and one later on where you stop him from running off.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

I almost managed to max all the S-Links in my second playthrough, all except Kanji (who ended up about rank 5). All I need to do is beat Margaret, read all the books, and max all the S-Links to platinum this game.

:swoon: Also, Yukiko's New Year's outfit is the best thing.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

U.T. Raptor posted:

I almost managed to max all the S-Links in my second playthrough, all except Kanji (who ended up about rank 5)

You did it wrong.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Really Pants posted:

You did it wrong.

Yeah, not really an acceptable compromise.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
Oh my god, they managed to make Persona 4 at least twice as good with a bunch of tiny little changes and it's absolutely fantastic! :allears: The fact that they put little snippets of gameplay in the opening segment, even if it's just faffing about town, is such a nice addition. It's also perfectly suited for playing while walking on a treadmill, so that new year's resolution is basically taken care of already. The fact that it doesn't absolutely ravage the battery is just another plus, along with all the actual fundamental gameplay changes that number in the dozens, none of which I have the slightest of issues with and oh my god they improved this game in every way imaginable.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

gently caress you Adachi. I did not think battling with a Shadow would boot me from the dungeon. :argh:

Two questions; am I locked on the Good/True ending paths if I've unlocked Mugatsu dungeon, or can I still gently caress up?

And for the special bonus dungeon, all I have to do is have Marie at rank 10, right?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Genocyber posted:

Two questions; am I locked on the Good/True ending paths if I've unlocked Mugatsu dungeon, or can I still gently caress up?

You're locked in at that point, unless you let the year end without clearing it.

quote:

And for the special bonus dungeon, all I have to do is have Marie at rank 10, right?

Yes, that's all you need.

Chickenfrogman
Sep 16, 2011

by exmarx

Genocyber posted:

gently caress you Adachi. I did not think battling with a Shadow would boot me from the dungeon. :argh:

You're not locked in onto the True ending path. There's still something you'll have to do in March to get it.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Really Pants posted:

You're locked in at that point, unless you let the year end without clearing it.

Yes, that's all you need.

Thanks.

Chickenfrogman posted:

You're not locked in onto the True ending path. There's still something you'll have to do in March to get it.

Yeah, I know. I just wanted to make sure I couldn't accidentally end up with a bad end at this point.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Genocyber posted:

Thanks.

Yeah, I know. I just wanted to make sure I couldn't accidentally end up with a bad end at this point.

Just a bit of advance warning: while it's a good idea to delay the dungeon as long as possible, make sure you finish it on or before December 22nd so you don't miss the Christmas Eve event.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Also for the True Ending path, do not forget to visit Margaret on January 2nd (I think?) and ask her to look for Marie

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I caught the Sea Guardian for the old fart on the floodplain, and when I went to check in with the fox it said there are "conditions that must be met" before I can finish the Hermit link. What conditions are those?

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler
You need to come back to the fox one more time. You also need maxed Understanding Expression when you do.

AG3 fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Feb 3, 2013

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Okay, good. Just so long as I'm done with goddamn fish and bugs forever.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Just to be sure, did you finish the quest itself (that is, it turns grey and you get a notice saying you should report back to the Fox)? You have to actually talk to the old man, first to get the quest and then again to show him the sea guardian.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Yes, it all worked.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Yeah, they added an extra event to the Fox link for some reason.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

MrAristocrates posted:

Yeah, they added an extra event to the Fox link for some reason.

That thing where you have to come back one more time after turning in the last quest and need max Expression? That was in the original version, too.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

W.T. Fits posted:

That thing where you have to come back one more time after turning in the last quest and need max Expression? That was in the original version, too.

I've beaten vanilla P4 four times and I really don't remember that. :psyduck:

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I can't get back into Heaven's boss room. When does the Lost Okina show up?

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Really Pants posted:

I can't get back into Heaven's boss room. When does the Lost Okina show up?

I think all the extra bosses show up after the dungeon's deadline has passed. So in this case, it should be November 21st.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
I got a Persona 3 question for you fellas.

I finished FemMC playthrough of P3P, and now I'm considering running through the game again as MaleMC, but I think the visual novel style bothered me more than I originally thought it would. Is there enough added to the MaleMC playthrough to warrant doing that over going back to FES?

Thanks!

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Coughing Hobo posted:

I finished FemMC playthrough of P3P, and now I'm considering running through the game again as MaleMC, but I think the visual novel style bothered me more than I originally thought it would. Is there enough added to the MaleMC playthrough to warrant doing that over going back to FES?

Thanks!

It honestly depends on how much you're willing to tolerate the game's AI. As far as extra content goes, P3P doesn't add much to the Male route.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
No, it's the same story as P3. That's why the little recommendation says for returning players to just roll with FemMC.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Cool, thanks. I don't mind the AI, and actually for a fair amount of P3P and P4G I had my teammates on AI commands for running through dungeons.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Male MC route is pretty lame anyways. A lot of the Social Links are really bad.

epenthesis
Jan 12, 2008

I'M TAKIN' YOU PUNKS DOWN!

Coughing Hobo posted:

Thanks!

If you have access to FES, by all means play that instead of the PSP male route. Fantastic presentation in comparison, and the gameplay isn't all that much worse.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

epenthesis posted:

If you have access to FES, by all means play that instead of the PSP male route. Fantastic presentation in comparison, and the gameplay isn't all that much worse.

Oh, I'm no stranger to Persona on the PS2. Hell, I've purchased P3 a total of four times; physical copies of the original and FES, and digital copies of P3P and FES. :sweatdrop:

I fired up FES and already I'm glad I went back to this. Hands-in-pocket more than makes up for losing out any improvements Portable brings.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

How late can I leave (year-end super secret bonus boss poo poo)fighting Margaret? Can I off the Lost Okina, zip back to the Velvet Room, and go back & fight her that same day? Can I find her in TV Land during the winter? If not, can I do all that stuff on the same day I chase down the killer?

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Feb 5, 2013

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Really Pants posted:

How late can I leave (year-end secret boss poo poo)fighting Margaret? Can I off the Lost Okina, zip back to the Velvet Room, and go back & fight her that same day? Can I find her in TV Land during the winter? If not, can I do all that stuff on the same day I chase down the killer?

It's only possible on the True Ending path, i.e., the very last day (and only on NG+).

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

That simplifies things. Thanks.

She's going to be a joke against everyone's ultimate Personas, isn't she.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Really Pants posted:

I wouldn't say that straight out from what I heard.

She double turns and you need to beat her in 50 turns before she kills you. Double turns with only 50 of her turns before the auto-kill means you have 25 overall turns until the end. And that doesn't account for any unfortunate extra third turn she might nab, which does add to her 50 turn count.

Hook
Jun 3, 2011

red knight

Really Pants posted:

My party was level 99 with everyone's ultimate personas but it still took me 3 tries, and even then I only beat the boss because Rise saved my rear end.

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."

lotus circle posted:

I wouldn't say that straight out from what I heard.

She double turns and you need to beat her in 50 turns before she kills you. Double turns with only 50 of her turns before the auto-kill means you have 25 overall turns until the end. And that doesn't account for any unfortunate extra third turn she might nab, which does add to her 50 turn count.

Actually if you have Enduring Soul, you can get 100 turns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Hook posted:

My party was level 99 with everyone's ultimate personas but it still took me 3 tries, and even then I only beat the boss because Rise saved my rear end.

On the other hand, my party was ~70 (Kanji didn't even have Primal Force yet) and I handily won by almost never getting hit. I love Masukukaja/Youthful Wind so much.

• Locked thread