Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jut
May 16, 2005

by Ralp
Much better than last weeks (SIARPC is still poo poo), I just feel the airplane thing went on for far too long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nmfree
Aug 15, 2001

The Greater Goon: Breaking Hearts and Chains since 2006

McDragon posted:

That was a pretty great episode I thought. And drawing an enormous cock and balls with a car will always be funny to me.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:
"Gentleman's sausage," indeed.

I kind of wanted to Ryan Gosling to show up in a '73 Malibu and threaten Clarkson with a hammer.

nmfree
Aug 15, 2001

I'm probably the only one who cracked up watching James walk away in this scene.

(If only the road had played the theme song from The Incredible Hulk instead of the William Tell Overture.)

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

That musical road bit was great. It was even better when Jeremy drove down it backwards to see if it played a message from the devil.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

The driver assist thing on the Lexus is pretty funny because you actually need it. The user interface is so terrible that you'll just get endlessly frustrated and wish you could just ask a human being how to get where you want to go, and lo and behold you can!

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
This was easily one of my favorite episodes in ages. Seeing Jeremy lose to that drag truck was so great.

grover posted:

hahahaha, I love the "55mph" edits.

That was funny every time and the idea of sending one of them to Mexico to review the Mastretta was just perfect.

m5ind
Jun 6, 2011

Musical, you say?

nmfree posted:

I'm probably the only one who cracked up watching James walk away in this scene.

(If only the road had played the theme song from The Incredible Hulk instead of the William Tell Overture.)

Nope, I was laughing like mad at it. He can have such a strange walk.

I smell an avatar coming on...

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica

m5ind posted:

Nope, I was laughing like mad at it. He can have such a strange walk.

I smell an avatar coming on...

A shame its not the gif. :downs:

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
It is a gif, just not an animated one for some reason.

nmfree
Aug 15, 2001

...but it is animated? Why would I have made that post with an image and not animated it? :confused:

edit: plays just fine for me in two different browsers.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
The actual gif works, but not his avatar. Oh well.

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

The driver assist thing on the Lexus is pretty funny because you actually need it. The user interface is so terrible that you'll just get endlessly frustrated and wish you could just ask a human being how to get where you want to go, and lo and behold you can!
Speaking of the infotainment systems, if the race wasn't rigged for Hammond to lose be culturally enlightened, he would have never got lost with the Viper's uconnect access. His victory would've been assured by pressing a button and saying "Directions to Mexico".

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
I thought that was a pretty great episode. Nice cars, good banter, and not a lot of contrived situations like last season.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
Tonight's Top Gear US was pretty awesome. I was honestly surprised by the outcome. I really thought the Volvo was going to be the winner (and still have functional A/C) over the other two.

Still, when the Caprice's motor broke completely free from the mounts and cracked open, spilling oil everywhere, I just couldn't stop laughing.

I thought the G-Wagen 'review/challenge' at the end dragged on a little too long, but it's such a pretty vehicle that I could forgive it.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Another "buy cars and WRECK EM YEE HA! AMERICA gently caress YEAH SHOOTIN GUNS!" episode, and considering the next one is about RVs, it's probably not going to be any different. This show is turning into a demolition derby documentary faster than the channel it's on turned into the alien channel.

The last segment also showed that the navy needed an hour, 4 helicopters and like 30 men to do what the top gear camera crew did 40 times in that hour.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Powershift posted:

Another "buy cars and WRECK EM YEE HA! AMERICA gently caress YEAH SHOOTIN GUNS!" episode, and considering the next one is about RVs, it's probably not going to be any different. This show is turning into a demolition derby documentary faster than the channel it's on turned into the alien channel.

The last segment also showed that the navy needed an hour, 4 helicopters and like 30 men to do what the top gear camera crew did 40 times in that hour.

Are you complaining? The cheap car challenges are always the best (and most useful for regular folks like me). I am perfectly fine with having a show that does mostly just that.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

CornHolio posted:

Are you complaining? The cheap car challenges are always the best (and most useful for regular folks like me). I am perfectly fine with having a show that does mostly just that.

Every second from beginning to end is scripted, how the gently caress is it useful?

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Powershift posted:

Every second from beginning to end is scripted, how the gently caress is it useful?

Because at least they're using cars we could reasonably obtain rather than the latest Ferrari?

poo poo dude, if you'd rather we didn't have any car oriented television programming, keep it to yourself.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I'd rather the money and viewership that comes entirely off the name went to a show made by people who enjoy cars, and staring people who enjoy cars.

Anarchist Mae
Nov 5, 2009

by Reene
Lipstick Apathy
One too many of exactly the same thing, I turned it off part way through the second segment. The first segment was kind of boring too.

They need to do more things and do actual car reviews, even if it is only every second show.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
I enjoyed the latest TG US episode. I'm surprised one of the guys didn't pick an old Jeep Cherokee with the unkillable 4 liter engine. It would have aced the offroad race at the end too!

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
What's this Sundays episode supposed to be about, do we have any word yet?

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Foehammer007 posted:

What's this Sundays episode supposed to be about, do we have any word yet?
According to Wikipedia:

"The team engage in a race from Wembley to the San Siro stadium in Milan, with Jeremy in a Shelby Mustang GT500 while Richard and James use the pan-European rail network. Jeremy is out on the test track in the new Toyota GT86."

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass
James on a train. I expect this to be a great episode.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica

According to Wikipedia:

"The team engage in a race from Wembley to the San Siro stadium in Milan, with Jeremy in a Shelby Mustang GT500 while Richard and James use the pan-European rail network. Jeremy is out on the test track in the new Toyota GT86."

:woop:

I am excited to see the GT86 as well, we saw a bit in the Worst Car in the History special, but wasn't too long on the car.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

So, that's one car crossed off my "I hope we'll see this on Top Gear" list.

Now I'm just waiting for a Porsche 911 with the 7-speed manual gearbox. The Mercedes CLA45 AMG will probably have to wait for the next season.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

According to Wikipedia:

Jezza in an American muscle car? What could possibly go wrong?

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

KozmoNaut posted:

Now I'm just waiting for a Porsche 911 with the 7-speed manual gearbox.

Eventually, gearboxes will have enough ratios that an entire generation will not understand why grandpa mutters about the "mistakes" in Bullit and the F&F movies.

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave
I predict he will spend 20 minutes hating on it, but on the last portion of the race its charms will WIN HIM OVER.

Quincy Smallvoice fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Feb 7, 2013

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Jeremy was a cute girl when he was young.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass
I'm surprised they aren't having Hammond review the GT500. Maybe they're afraid it would just be 20 minutes of him squealing like a school girl.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

mod sassinator posted:

I'm surprised they aren't having Hammond review the GT500. Maybe they're afraid it would just be 20 minutes of him squealing like a school girl.

He's stuck in Mexico, how could he? :ssh:

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
From what they were saying, his being in Mexico may well be why he ends up squealing like a girl.

Legerdemain
May 3, 2007

Maybe there's something wrong with me, Nanny.

According to Wikipedia:

Oh god, Richard and James in an enclosed space with no Clarkson buffer. This will be so uncomfortable.

Mighty Horse
Jul 24, 2007

Speed, Class, Bankruptcy.

NathanScottPhillips posted:

That was horrible. The first time in Top Gear history where the cheap cars they buy are actually in drat nice condition and pretty unique and then they trash them :(

I know this is old but the best cars for teens episode of the UK one came on my pseduotv channels, and they did just that. All 3 cars were in fine condition and they ended trashed.

And apparently the VW was a rot box with a $99 paint job on it.

Muffinpox
Sep 7, 2004

mod sassinator posted:

He already reviewed the GT500 back in like 2007, they tend to not have the same person review the car twice back to back (Ariel atom, Mclaren SLR for example)

synapseattack
Aug 29, 2008

nmfree posted:

Looks more like he was auditioning to be one of the new Bushwackers in the WWE.

nmfree
Aug 15, 2001

Most men start looking like lesbians when they get older, Jeremy was just doing it in reverse.

synapseattack posted:

Looks more like he was auditioning to be one of the new Bushwackers in the WWE.
I was thinking more the angry quick walk from Scrubs. I'd post a .gif but imgur has a 2MB size limit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kotaru
Jan 17, 2004

"Serve the Hive.....
Feel the groove.
I control....
the way you move."

mod sassinator posted:

I enjoyed the latest TG US episode. I'm surprised one of the guys didn't pick an old Jeep Cherokee with the unkillable 4 liter engine. It would have aced the offroad race at the end too!

That's cheating. :colbert: