Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Since the ferret was caged with the guinea pigs I'd say it might have eaten them. :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

ok frankies now lets get in formation
It's like when my friend fed her pet rat (which she'd had for like 2 years) to her snake because it didn't play nicely with her new gerbil when we were in middle school

They were supposed to be FRIENDS and the rats was VICIOUS and had to go and her parents agreed

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Thats how you should get rid of all pets. When the time comes, simply feed it to a bigger animal!

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

Bash Ironfist posted:

Thats how you should get rid of all pets. When the time comes, simply feed it to a bigger animal!

Well I kind of do that but it's different because,

e: all the rodents I don't like get fed to things, but at least I don't use their ability to get along with other species as a litmus

Winston N. Rumfoord
Aug 18, 2010

Renzuko
Oct 10, 2012

Bash Ironfist posted:

So, when you feeding feldman to...cooper?

Amberlyn
Jan 5, 2010

Seriously? :supaburn:

I guess there could be a beautiful sadness to the imagery, but still, it disturbs me out the same way that the folks here in the South take photos of their dearly departed loved ones in their coffins. It's a regional thing I guess, a mark of respect even, but something that shocked the poo poo out of me when I moved here. I've never gotten used to it. Thankfully I haven't had to attend many funerals.

RabbitMage
Nov 20, 2008
Oh, good. I've been looking for a broke, unemployed college student to take in my unwanted animals.

AnnaBanana
Oct 15, 2007
2007 Noob. Sorry. :(
Less than five weeks old is plenty old to be away from mom, right? I love puddles!

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Do they duck their tails with duck tape?

cryingscarf
Feb 4, 2007

~*FaBuLoUs*~

Is a puddle a type of designer dog? Or are they misspelling poodle?

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

cryingscarf posted:

Is a puddle a type of designer dog? Or are they misspelling poodle?

This is exactly what I wondered. I spent a good five minutes trying to figure out wha've been trying to figure out what sort of dog a "puddle" would be.

cryingscarf
Feb 4, 2007

~*FaBuLoUs*~

RoboRodent posted:

This is exactly what I wondered. I spent a good five minutes trying to figure out wha've been trying to figure out what sort of dog a "puddle" would be.

I did some googling and cannot find a "puddle" designer dog. So that is how they think poodle is supposed to be spelled. I find this hilarious.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

I see poodle as puddle all the time. I went looking to be sure. The dogbreeds website doesn't say anything about puddles. Does say something about rattles though: http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/r/rattle.htm

Carbon Thief
Oct 11, 2009

Diamonds aren't the only things that are forever.
We just want to borrow some pets -

Kittens for a birthday party

Or a dog for an anti-fur music video?

6-Ethyl Bearcat
Apr 27, 2008

Go out
Holy poo poo, someone please adopt this table dog and treat her obvious thyroid problem. :(

http://cincinnati.ebayclassifieds.com/dogs-puppies/richmond/beagle-karmin-large-adult-female-dog/?ad=21590373

AnnaBanana
Oct 15, 2007
"Legal" wasn't the first word that came to mind when I read this ad. But I'm sure it's legit, even if they can't spell the animal's name correctly!

http://newjersey.craigslist.org/for/3549555330.html

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
4,000 dollar import cat. "Not out to sell kittens". Riiiiiight.

Carbon Thief posted:

We just want to borrow some pets -

Kittens for a birthday party

Or a dog for an anti-fur music video?

I would loving love that birthday party.

AnnaBanana
Oct 15, 2007
Well, there's this one...

kimbolily
Apr 19, 2012
Please Work Out.

Found this little gem

platedlizard
Aug 31, 2012

I like plates and lizards.

kimbolily posted:

Found this little gem

Why do people do this? Get a puppy, and then get rid of it a few months later? Do they not realized that puppies require raising and training or something?

Wait, I think I just answered my own question.

Content: Wanted: female carpet python shedding (gresham)

quote:

Hi im looking to get a skin shedding from a female carpet python for little to no money. i would also like to make sure it was from a female please its for a test i will be doing with my carpet python. Thank you.

6-Ethyl Bearcat
Apr 27, 2008

Go out
Oops, wrong thread. NVM.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

http://elpaso.en.craigslist.org/zip/3647679607.html

I called, the guy says it's serious. No charge. Just go get her. :psyduck:

Renzuko
Oct 10, 2012

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

This sound's like it will end horribly for the chimp...

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

Renzuko posted:

This sound's like it will end horribly for the chimp...

I don't understand why anyone would want a chimp as an assistance animal. Unless they wanted assistance in getting their face ripped off.

Flaccid Trip
Apr 29, 2008

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

I guess I shouldn't be surprised because y'know, Texas, but REALLY? It's already been removed,so who knows where that chimp's gonna end up.

ToastFaceKillah
Dec 25, 2010

every day could be your last
in the jungle

Drum posted:

I guess I shouldn't be surprised because y'know, Texas, but REALLY? It's already been removed,so who knows where that chimp's gonna end up.

Hopefully the sanctuary we have here, at least.

platedlizard
Aug 31, 2012

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Oh god what.

I think I'd go get the poor thing and make a straight trip to the nearest primate refuge. Just show up on their doorstep with a chimp I got from craigslist and a couple hundred dollars donation. Whatever they do with it will be be 100X better than whatever Joe 'I want a pet who will rip my face off' Schmoe will do with it. Even euthanasia.

Dead serious, when I worked at Petsmart I had customers who told me they wanted to get wolves and other dangerous exotic animals. The danger just made them want the animal more. The animal was a dick-replacement, I swear.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

I actually talked to someone at the zoo yesterday about the chimp and they said they'd work on it because that poo poo isn't allowed in the city limits.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
http://tulsa.craigslist.org/pet/3641257693.html

:cripes:

Rixatrix
Aug 5, 2006

I'm not entirely convinced those are 8 week old puppies. Or maybe they just went with old pictures, who knows.

AnnaBanana
Oct 15, 2007
Philadelphia is full of animals that are going to be all types of hosed up because they're being weaned so early.

Sort of confused about the timeline on the poodle/lab. How long could you have possibly had it if it's only 4 weeks old? Holy freaking poo poo.

Tamarillo
Aug 6, 2009

Will trade for car or sweet, sweet items.

Dunno what's worse, that or the lovely rear end conditions they keep the pups in.

platedlizard
Aug 31, 2012

Please tell us what's going to happen to that chimp. 2nd most intelligent species of ape in the world, I worry Bad Thing will happen. And that one is still a baby at two.

And oh god, I'll never get over people weaning puppies early to sell. Even if they get weaned early from Mom they still need to be with their siblings until they're at least 8 weeks, otherwise they might have issues with bite-inhibition. 12 is better. WHY are these folks so ready to get rid of their (presumably wanted) puppies at five weeks??

fake edit: Oh my loving god I might know this bird. http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/pet/3640788384.html He would have been ten when I knew him. I cannot care for him, please, someone tell me that getting another bird is a Bad Idea, I literally have hoarder tendencies and they are SCREAMING for me to save this animal.

Pile of Kittens
Apr 23, 2005

Why does everything STILL smell like pussy?

platedlizard posted:

fake edit: Oh my loving god I might know this bird. http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/pet/3640788384.html He would have been ten when I knew him. I cannot care for him, please, someone tell me that getting another bird is a Bad Idea, I literally have hoarder tendencies and they are SCREAMING for me to save this animal.

I tried to convince my boyfriend to take this bird, but the house has a baby and it would not work out at all. Argh.

platedlizard
Aug 31, 2012

Pile of Kittens posted:

I tried to convince my boyfriend to take this bird, but the house has a baby and it would not work out at all. Argh.

If it's the bird I'm thinking of it has biting issues, I would not recommend a animal like that for a household with a small child.

Jesus, this reminds me of the time Wes's breeder liquidated her flock and I called her a panic trying to find out if she still had his parents (she didn't).

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
Here's Oklahoma summed up in a single image:

you were warned
Jul 12, 2006

(the S is for skeleton)
My cat was a stray that an older couple started feeding, but they couldn't take her in. The pound was full, and when asked, the police told them to shoot her. This is in a VA county that used to be pretty rural, but now half of it is affluent suburb. It blows my mind. So instead they found a rescue, I adopted her, and she is now spoiled rotten.

But my mind is really blown by the "then well u know" attitude of that craigslist poster. :stonk: I guess I shouldn't be that surprised, but still, holy poo poo.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

Mirthless posted:

Here's Oklahoma summed up in a single image:

Ya know, I totally understand where he's coming from.
Family friends of ours who lived on a farm waaaaay off the beaten path...I think when I was younger they were averaging 2-3 dogs dumped on their property EVERY MONTH.
This was a full-time farming family, the wife/mother worked part-time as a nurse with 4 young kids in hockey, etc. They tried at first. Any of the dogs that were super, super well-behaved/easy to adopt out they would try really hard. The rest had 5 days. We had no rescues, the only pound that would take "Surrenders" was 2 hours away.
Don't blame the guy who's at least giving a 1/2-assed effort. He can't take the time and money to care for them. So he's going to give them what he considers a humane passing.

Blame the loving asshats who dump their god-damned animals on farms thinking that they will magically live the best life ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

Siochain posted:

Ya know, I totally understand where he's coming from.
Family friends of ours who lived on a farm waaaaay off the beaten path...I think when I was younger they were averaging 2-3 dogs dumped on their property EVERY MONTH.
This was a full-time farming family, the wife/mother worked part-time as a nurse with 4 young kids in hockey, etc. They tried at first. Any of the dogs that were super, super well-behaved/easy to adopt out they would try really hard. The rest had 5 days. We had no rescues, the only pound that would take "Surrenders" was 2 hours away.
Don't blame the guy who's at least giving a 1/2-assed effort. He can't take the time and money to care for them. So he's going to give them what he considers a humane passing.

Blame the loving asshats who dump their god-damned animals on farms thinking that they will magically live the best life ever.

This. When I lived out of town, dogs were dumped at the end of our road constantly, as in, several per week. Animal control consisted of like, one guy with a pickup and a crate in the back, and a shack with 5 or 6 runs attached to it. If you called about a dumped dog they would rarely come out, and you would often be told to just shoot them. After a while the ones who werent immediately hit by cars or killed by wildlife would form little packs and start harassing livestock and people. Often, there really WAS nothing to do but shoot them. There was no infrastructure in place to deal with a constant supply of dumped strays.

• Locked thread