Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

STRONG as an OX and TWICE as SMART
So, what's the deal with the http/1.1 500 Internal Server Error problem that so many people are having? It's just the servers getting slammed, right? It only affects certain apps that I'm trying to install.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wario In Real Life
Nov 9, 2009

by T. Finninho
Correct. Just keep trying or come back later. You can get an error one second and a successful install the next.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Springtomize 2 is pretty much the greatest UI tweak tool in existence, yes? I just cut out the need for about 10 separate installs including Iconoclasm, which is what prompted this purchase in the first place. It's amazing.

tartarus motel
Sep 10, 2006

What the hell is this stupid new lockinfo bar, the one with the red dot on the lefthand side that I can't seem to disable? I haven't used lockinfo since my 3GS, so if it's some new feature I'm unaccustomed to then fine, great, but if anyone knows how to make it go away I'm all ears. All I want is the weather and time info at the top as usual, nothing else unless there's something to display i.e. missed calls and texts.

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

I will analyze your nervous system for beer money
It's the gadget bar. If you hold it and drag it down it shows you more stuff.

Also, when you get texts, emails, or notifications they pop up on the same line as that bar, and clicking each icon filters your notifications, while clicking that same black and red icon shows you all notifications.

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

STRONG as an OX and TWICE as SMART

Ozu posted:

Springtomize 2 is pretty much the greatest UI tweak tool in existence, yes? I just cut out the need for about 10 separate installs including Iconoclasm, which is what prompted this purchase in the first place. It's amazing.

I already have Iconoclasm and Infinidock. What does Springtomize 2 do that those can't? I can't find any specific info that demonstrates why it's so awesome.

tartarus motel
Sep 10, 2006

bobfather posted:

It's the gadget bar. If you hold it and drag it down it shows you more stuff.

Also, when you get texts, emails, or notifications they pop up on the same line as that bar, and clicking each icon filters your notifications, while clicking that same black and red icon shows you all notifications.

Thanks, but I really just want it gone entirely and it's driving me up the drat wall that either I'm an idiot and can't find the clearly labeled 'OFF' which almost certainly exists, or that it just never occurred to the guy that people wouldn't want it. I mean there's a settings field currently saying 'Show On Lock: Nothing', and it's still there. I use AndroidLock, and when the bar is down, I can't tell it to retract since it's in the unlock pattern field, which exists in a layer above it.

tartarus motel fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Feb 6, 2013

Umberger
Jan 24, 2010

omg chael crash posted:

Ever since installing and subsequently uninstalling BiteSMS I stopped getting notifications on my lock screen from texts, any idea why? I've already checked my notification settings, I'm lost.

Yeah, did both of these. My screen lights up, but there is no notification. Odd.

I am also not seeing notifications on my lock screen when I get texts (but the screen lights up and the phone vibrates, and sliding takes me to reply), but I have never installed BiteSMS at all. The only things I have bothered to install since upgrading to 6.1 are SBSettings and Simplscreen/Winterboard. All of the boxes are ticked "on" in Settings->Notification center. Anyone else had this/fixed it?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Aggro posted:

I already have Iconoclasm and Infinidock. What does Springtomize 2 do that those can't? I can't find any specific info that demonstrates why it's so awesome.
Every small tweak you can find on Cydia, this does them all. I just started going through the myriad of options and all the ones I have installed below became redundant. I haven't even gotten to the lockscreen options either. You can also adjust things like icon size/opacity on a percentage scale, which is pretty cool.

FastBlurredNotificationCenter
NoNewsIsGoodNews
Five Icon Dock
Iconoclasm
No Icon Shadows
No Dock Refelections
Bolt
WiCarrier
CleanStatus
FakeClockUp
NoSpot

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
Does anyone know of an addon or something to Activator that will let me bind something to Skip Ahead 15 Seconds for podcasts?

voltron
Nov 26, 2000
Zapf gave me this account because he's a friend of the Indian-American people.
This is interesting:
http://www.reddit.com/r/jailbreak/comments/17y3ju/psa_free_up_space_protect_your_security_delete/

I created a fresh backup and copied it just in case (C:\Users\voltron\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup). I deleted the folders mentioned above via iFunBox. I jumped back into iTunes and performed another backup.

iFunBox said the attachment folder above was 860MB.
The "Other" in iTunes dropped by a similar amount (2.9GB to 2.1GB)
My backup folder was previously 1.2GB and also dropped by a similar amount to 400MB.

I was looking through some of the SMS pics from the first day I got my iPhone 5, I can't believe it seems to all be there!

Neat! Finally seems like a legit way to take care of "Other" if you send a lot of pics via SMS.

voltron fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Feb 6, 2013

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

Dewgy posted:

I really wonder how in the hell I got away with using 13GB in a month without incident when I was back on AT&T...

I hit 7gb the first week of this month. Not sure how as I average about 3 or 4 usually.

Ozmodiar
Sep 25, 2003

Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem
Two questions:
1. I asked yesterday, but think the post got lost in the rush - it's ok to turn my lock screen back on now that I'm jailbroken, yes?

2. Sprint blows...now that I'm jailbroken, is there a way for me to force my phone to roam at all times? I get better data speeds roaming on Verizon 1x than Sprint 3G...plus I'd live to just have Sprint kick me off contract so I can get out of my ETF.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

The SBSettings dropdown menu (that you get by swiping the top of the screen) used to have a rotation lock toggle in it for me. Since updating and rejailbreaking, it doesn't. I can find the toggle in the settings, but can't figure out how to get it to show up on that dropdown menu. Anyone know?

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica

Dewgy posted:

I really wonder how in the hell I got away with using 13GB in a month without incident when I was back on AT&T...

I got away with about 4gbs worth of tethering before I got ~alarming~ emails and phone calls with messages about changing my data plan if I want to keep tethering.

So, just did my jailbreak, Cydia won't download anything but I am guessing they are still clogged up with users trying to download?

I wonder how long it will last. :downsgun:

Wario In Real Life
Nov 9, 2009

by T. Finninho

Funkmaster General posted:

The SBSettings dropdown menu (that you get by swiping the top of the screen) used to have a rotation lock toggle in it for me. Since updating and rejailbreaking, it doesn't. I can find the toggle in the settings, but can't figure out how to get it to show up on that dropdown menu. Anyone know?
SBS only ships with a few toggles, but you can get more toggles from Cydia. There should be a button within the SBS settings page that'll take you right to the addons in Cydia.

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

Ozmodiar posted:

Two questions:
1. I asked yesterday, but think the post got lost in the rush - it's ok to turn my lock screen back on now that I'm jailbroken, yes?

2. Sprint blows...now that I'm jailbroken, is there a way for me to force my phone to roam at all times? I get better data speeds roaming on Verizon 1x than Sprint 3G...plus I'd live to just have Sprint kick me off contract so I can get out of my ETF.

1. yes
2. no clue

Denim Dude
Feb 21, 2006

[I'M A GIANT HOMOPHOBE

voltron posted:

This is interesting:
http://www.reddit.com/r/jailbreak/comments/17y3ju/psa_free_up_space_protect_your_security_delete/

I created a fresh backup and copied it just in case (C:\Users\voltron\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup). I deleted the folders mentioned above via iFunBox. I jumped back into iTunes and performed another backup.

iFunBox said the attachment folder above was 860MB.
The "Other" in iTunes dropped by a similar amount (2.9GB to 2.1GB)
My backup folder was previously 1.2GB and also dropped by a similar amount to 400MB.

I was looking through some of the SMS pics from the first day I got my iPhone 5, I can't believe it seems to all be there!

Neat! Finally seems like a legit way to take care of "Other" if you send a lot of pics via SMS.

You can try icleaner too which deletes a bunch of temporary stuff.

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

Is there a tweak that will allow me to disable the volume buttons? Due to a mishap some time ago, the volume up button on my iPad likes to stick which is annoying in several ways.

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Oh dang, I'd nibble that cheese

Anyone have issues with GPS? I use runkeeper for my runs and ran my normal 4 mile route and it reported that I ran 6.5 and the map route was crazily off. I did install the tweak that defaults to Google maps, so maybe that's the issue. Does anyone know if there's a toggle for that?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Ok nevermind the irealsms transfer license doesn't suck. I just had to login to my gmail account (the one I use for paypal) before I downloaded it.

NeuroticErotica
Sep 9, 2003

Perform sex? Uh uh, I don't think I'm up to a performance, but I'll rehearse with you...

Funkmaster General posted:

You have to install Rotation Inhibitor

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.

Wario In Real Life posted:

SBS only ships with a few toggles, but you can get more toggles from Cydia. There should be a button within the SBS settings page that'll take you right to the addons in Cydia.

Not sure how up to date the addon crew has been with this, but as of last night I added the 3rd party Airplane Mode toggle to SBSettings and it would crash the phone/send it into safe mode whenever I tapped the icon.

Wario In Real Life
Nov 9, 2009

by T. Finninho

Mr Hands Colon posted:

Not sure how up to date the addon crew has been with this, but as of last night I added the 3rd party Airplane Mode toggle to SBSettings and it would crash the phone/send it into safe mode whenever I tapped the icon.
I added one this afternoon and it works fine. I'll try to find the exact name of it.

Airplane SBSettings Toggle on BigBoss as org.thebigboss.sbsairplanetoggle

hypersleep
Sep 17, 2011

I've tried consulting Google about this but came up empty handed.

I have a 4th gen iPad, and I'm wondering if there's a way I could use the Lightning Camera Connection Kit USB adapter to read files on an external hard drive?

In know an app called iFile allows you access to the iPad's file system but I'm not sure if the current jailbreak supports connecting an external hard drive using the Lightning connector/adapter.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

So if I install Five Icon Dock or Infinidock, it blows up my icons. Anything new I've installed since I bought my iPhone 5 is scattered all over the place. Is there any way to prevent this? Uninstalling either of those cleans up the icons.

PunkRockTuba
Apr 29, 2007

Is that you, John Wayne? Is this me?
Has anyone tried Winterboard yet? It says that it is updated for iOS 6.1, but I installed it and transfered a couple of themes and my iPhone 5 completely poo poo the bed.

If I can get it to go into iOS, none of the Apple apps or Cydia are showing up. Restoring it now, we'll see how this goes.

It restored just fine, thankfully I made a backup right before I jailbroke. I'm a bit hesitant to try again, but I'm sure I will.

PunkRockTuba fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Feb 6, 2013

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.

I added one this afternoon and it works fine. I'll try to find the exact name of it.

Thank you, will try this in a few.

And I'm not quite sure but it looks like the JB has killed my ability to watch anything on the Xfinity Player (free streaming video for Xfinity customers), it keeps saying something to the likes of "sorry, we've experienced some difficulty playing your video".

Bummer, I was just starting to get into House of Lies.

Redlegs
Feb 8, 2003

I think you dropped this

Mr Hands Colon posted:

Thank you, will try this in a few.

And I'm not quite sure but it looks like the JB has killed my ability to watch anything on the Xfinity Player (free streaming video for Xfinity customers), it keeps saying something to the likes of "sorry, we've experienced some difficulty playing your video".

Bummer, I was just starting to get into House of Lies.

Did you try xCon?

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.

Redlegs posted:

Did you try xCon?

I never even knew that existed but I will give it a shot. Only thing is that the JB didn't affect streaming from the HBO GO app.

Robo-Pope
Feb 28, 2007

It has big taste.

Ozu posted:

Every small tweak you can find on Cydia, this does them all. I just started going through the myriad of options and all the ones I have installed below became redundant. I haven't even gotten to the lockscreen options either. You can also adjust things like icon size/opacity on a percentage scale, which is pretty cool.

FastBlurredNotificationCenter
NoNewsIsGoodNews
Five Icon Dock
Iconoclasm
No Icon Shadows
No Dock Refelections
Bolt
WiCarrier
CleanStatus
FakeClockUp
NoSpot

Is CleanStatus working for you? It continues to cause crashes for me.

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.

Seems to be working so far. What is/is there a toggle for 3G/LTE?

The Aphasian
Mar 8, 2007

Psychotropic Hops

Robo-Pope posted:

Is CleanStatus working for you? It continues to cause crashes for me.

He's talking about how Springtomize 2 replaces all of those apps.

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003
Has "CleverPIN" or anything been updated to work with 6.1?

GhostOfTomNook
Aug 17, 2003

El gallo Pinto no pinta,
el que pinta es el pintor.

Is there anything that replicates the Android "Share to" behavior? I want evernote, instapaper, etc to show up in Safari and Reeder.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

navyjack posted:

Is there a tweak that will allow me to disable the volume buttons? Due to a mishap some time ago, the volume up button on my iPad likes to stick which is annoying in several ways.

You could use Activator to set "hold volume up button" to do something else, instead, and just have it do something you won't notice happening.

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

HorseDickSandwich posted:

Has anyone tried Winterboard yet? It says that it is updated for iOS 6.1, but I installed it and transfered a couple of themes and my iPhone 5 completely poo poo the bed.

If I can get it to go into iOS, none of the Apple apps or Cydia are showing up. Restoring it now, we'll see how this goes.

It restored just fine, thankfully I made a backup right before I jailbroke. I'm a bit hesitant to try again, but I'm sure I will.

WinterBoard works fine but it's likely that many file names have changed- this happens with each major iOS revision.

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.

Redlegs posted:

Did you try xCon?

Thank you but Xcon did nothing (yet). Tried it after several configurations and nothing.

AutoFool
Sep 28, 2004

I am the Power
Hey not sure if this works for anyone else, but after JBing my 4S I finally had to restart it and it got stuck on the apple logo (like others here). I then restarted it, and this time it appeared to have frozen, but after about 30 seconds the screen dimmed however the apple logo was still there. At this point all I did was hit the lock button once and the screen flashed the lock screen stuff before going blank. When I hit the lock button again it brought up the slider just fine. Not sure if there is a difference between this method and just restarting the phone over until it boots normally. Just thought it might save some people time or frustration.

TL;DR: Instead of restarting your iPhone multiple times see if the screen dims while "stuck" on apple logo and hit your lock button twice.

E: clarification

AutoFool fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Feb 6, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo Pollywalter
Nov 25, 2006

there's a bear going round, taking names

Ozu posted:

Springtomize 2 replaces lots

This is a great compilation, though I've had some issues. Hiding the battery doesn't seem to work, also the animation custom duration affects only menu transitions and not all app ones. I've gone back to Bolt & FakeClock Up for those.

• Locked thread