Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jeek
Feb 15, 2012
Coulrophobia, I may have found BLOODGOKU666 and the forum you were on.

Regardless of that, have a piece of fine writing:

Internet crazy posted:

Oh, I have a REALLY GODDAMN TERRIBLE Idea, unfortunately, it does Contain some Super Major Adult Content, such as Language, Extreme Sexual Themes and Sexual Content, Extreme Violence, Extreme Blood and Gore, Very little use of Alcohol and drugs (Due to one of my Planets being a Gang Ruled Planet), etc. But here is the New Twist in the Future Star Fox Game, Not only do you Play as Fox, like you did in SF: Assault, You Play as Falco, Slippy, Amanda (the Pink Frog), Kursed (aka Krystal), and Katt Monroe as well! Yes, in my Game, Katt give the Star Fox Team a Try, she is the normal Color she was in SF: 64, which is Pink. Now, here is where the Twist gets Bigger! Not only do you play as the Entire Star Fox Team, from Member to member, you aslo Play as my Own Personalised Team! These Team Members are: Dark-Blade, the OBLIGATORY MARY SUE, Amber (a Red Vixen!), Phoenix Flare (a Pink Feathered Falcon, like Falco), Raptor Velastsia II Velasa (a Raptor Princess of the Leading Planet, Velectra), Ano Madrono (a Diamond-back Rattler who is also a Panther Fan, Lover Boy-Wise), and Ralf (Raphael) Rascal (a Dirty Rodent Assassin!). In my Game Idea, you can have Melee Weapons, Magic!, Guns, Weapon Customization, Character Creation and Ship Creation(MP), Power Armor!, Credits (Money to Buy Weapon Upgrads and Cutomization), etc.

My Idea for my Game of a SF Universe-Based Game, is that I listen to what the RABID FURRIES Really Want, Humor is always included! Crude Humor is also included. I hope People will send me a message about my Game Idea! IT WILL PROVE THAT THEY ARE RETARDED MORONS TOO!

(All spelling, bolding, etc. are preserved.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord
So, there is a story I think I can share, on the basis that the dude in question is actually on the list of sex offenders in my home state now, which means he has a record.

Do rear end-crazy "the moon landing literally never happened" conspiracy theorists who develop a full-on gay crush on your then-fiance and then follow you around your place of work when said then-fiance refuses their advances (claiming you are to blame and that you are basically Jim Jones because you disagree with him) count for this thread?

Or would that go to a different one.

Just checking.

As a note, if yes, I will be doing my best to tailor some details since the dude apparently was released and lives only a couple blocks away from us. I don't think he was ever a goon, but I don't want to take too many chances since he did end up being seriously threatening.

Also jesus christ you guys had way worse classmates than I did in college. Half the teachers I had would have chucked the dude out at a moment's notice.

JohnOfOrdo3
Nov 7, 2011

My other car is an asteroid
:black101:
Post away An Old Boot. But editing the details a little is always good, especially if the guy is within walking distance of you

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

An Old Boot posted:

So, there is a story I think I can share, on the basis that the dude in question is actually on the list of sex offenders in my home state now, which means he has a record.

Do rear end-crazy "the moon landing literally never happened" conspiracy theorists who develop a full-on gay crush on your then-fiance and then follow you around your place of work when said then-fiance refuses their advances (claiming you are to blame and that you are basically Jim Jones because you disagree with him) count for this thread?

Or would that go to a different one.

Just checking.

As a note, if yes, I will be doing my best to tailor some details since the dude apparently was released and lives only a couple blocks away from us. I don't think he was ever a goon, but I don't want to take too many chances since he did end up being seriously threatening.

Also jesus christ you guys had way worse classmates than I did in college. Half the teachers I had would have chucked the dude out at a moment's notice.

:justpost: please. This sounds most tragically amusing. Or amusingly tragic. Which ever it is, we want to know.

Coulrophobia
Oct 11, 2012

Jeek posted:

internet detectivery

:psyduck:

are you a wizard

JohnOfOrdo3
Nov 7, 2011

That's goons for you, trained in the mysterious arts of the internet wizards. Still, you tried. Don't feel too bad Coulrophobia.

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

Jeek posted:

Coulrophobia, I may have found BLOODGOKU666 and the forum you were on.

Regardless of that, have a piece of fine writing:

(All spelling, bolding, etc. are preserved.)

Is Super Major Adult Content worse than adult content?

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES
BLOODGOKU666's Wall of Impotent e-Rage post cued up the Star Wars theme as I was reading it (on iOS app). Scrolling took that long...oh, but it was riveting. Good stuff, Coulrophobia.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Now Im imagining the opening theme to Star Wars as you read it, but sung terrible by a person with Down syndrome, interjecting the melody with sounds of laser blasts and light sabers.

This thread keeps on giving

FighterKnuckles
Apr 17, 2010

The truth is in sight!
After reading this thread since it first started, I feel like I can finally share my own story. Its not nearly as bad as some of the others who have posted here, but hopefully it'll be interesting.

So, there was a project I was a part of, and everyone involved was a part of this big Skype chat, for announcement and discussions and whatnot. Most people didn't actually speak, but those who did were pretty alright people, except for one. Let's call her Kitten, for all intents and purposes. Kitten would post in this chat out of the blue, completely ignoring any sort of conversation that was happening at the time, and would just say things like "*SIGH*" or "*Lays down on the floor*". Now, we were nice people, so we asked what was wrong. Obviously, these were just ploys for attention in retrospect, but we wanted to help.

She would go on and on about how her boyfriend was never around, and she was feeling lonely. Now, this is a legitimate concern, but nothing we tried would really help. She never really contributed to the conversations or discussions, and she didn't have a big role in the project, so some people were wondering why we still had her around, since she was just dragging everything down and generally being uncomfortable to be around. Now, me, being the fool that I am, volunteered to talk to her privately to see if anything could be done. This was my first mistake of many in this story.

So, I went ahead and messaged her privately, trying to stir up any real normal conversation, trying to see if I could help her at all. She told me her boyfriend worked in a very specific scientific field, and he was working really long hours, so they never really spent much time together. I sort of felt bad for her so I tried to be there and let her vent it all out. She never gave any specifics, but I thought nothing of it at the time. I spent way longer than I really had any reason to trying to talk about something besides her absentee boyfriend. It almost never worked, except for anime. (NOTE: The project in question was over a pretty nerdy thing, so pretty much everyone involved enjoyed anime at varying levels. I personally like it, but I don't really watch much of it.)

Over time she opened up a bit and told me about her favorite shows, and I sort of just went along with it, only partially getting what she was saying. This isn't a problem but she really loved one anime. I can't remember the name, but it was about some girl who was part robot/weapon and the bad guys always captured her but the hero would save her and work together with her etc etc. Really not that good, but it wasn't bad, just your typical children's show. She would talk about it for the longest periods of time, way more than is reasonable, practically borderline obsession. This information will be relevant later.

Now, I'm starting to get tired of her constant depression, but after about a week of talking to her infrequently, she finally told me about her boyfriend since he went back online, and she was really excited. I was glad cause that meant I wouldn't have to put up with a depressed person, but then she told me the guy's name. Vexen. I was really confused for a second. I asked for clarification, and if that was his real name. She said it was. She was dating Vexen.

For those who won't bother clicking the links, her boyfriend was indeed a scientist. A mad scientist from a video game series that mixes Disney with Final Fantasy. I had played the games myself and thought them alright, but I was floored about how she legitimately thought this character (who literally has no heart, mind you) loved her so much. I asked a few questions and found out really nothing else interesting, so I just said I had to go to work and went offline from Skype.

Of course, the sensible thing to do would've been to just never speak to her again. Naturally, that is not what happened. This was my second mistake of the story.

I'll post the next part I call: "I can't believe that bitch is making him ignore me!" after a little bit.

purple_sammich
Feb 3, 2010
Yesssss Kingdom Hearts crazies are the best.

Mind Loving Owl
Sep 5, 2012

The regeneration is failing! Hooooo...

JohnOfOrdo3 posted:

I still prefer the idea of Clifford the Big Red Dog. Because the idea of a grim dark game about a children's show about a giant dog amuses me. All I can see is Clifford getting Rabies and going on a killing spree while everyone else hides and gathers food. It becomes a survival horror game, hiding from Clifford and gathering supplies while you can. Using multiple characters to either distract him so you can get food, or a series of traps and things to fight him off to survive another day.

I told my little sister when she was little that the only way Clifford could have eaten enough to grow that huge was by resorting to man eating. They moved to the island because Clifford brutally ate all their neighbours. She briefly believed me.

JohnOfOrdo3
Nov 7, 2011

FighterKnuckles posted:

:words: about crazy kingdom hearts girl

:stare: I... My god. I know exactly how you feel my friend. I cannot wait to hear the next part. Us people who are too nice for our own good have to stick together. Tell me, are you still in contact with Kitten? Is she still dating a fictional character?

Edit:

quote:

I told my little sister when she was little that the only way Clifford could have eaten enough to grow that huge was by resorting to man eating. They moved to the island because Clifford brutally ate all their neighbours. She briefly believed me.

Did she become sacred of dogs in case they ate her? I gotta hear how this panned out.

JohnOfOrdo3 fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Feb 8, 2013

FighterKnuckles
Apr 17, 2010

The truth is in sight!

JohnOfOrdo3 posted:

:stare: I... My god. I know exactly how you feel my friend. I cannot wait to hear the next part. Us people who are too nice for our own good have to stick together. Tell me, are you still in contact with Kitten? Is she still dating a fictional character?

I am no longer in contact with her, no. The project we were all apart of eventually kind of puttered out and died. I probably only keep contact with one friend I made there (who is cool and really has no place in the story) and very rarely I speak to the leader of this project (who is involved later on) as for her current dating status, I really can't say.

Honestly, now that I've set everything up, the next part will really get into the meat and potatoes of it all. Oh, I also remembered the name of the anime she adored. It was Elemental Gallade or something to that effect.

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

I kept assuming The Dog was the one from Footrot Flats.

Just try to make a furry sex mental image out of that thing. See? Not possible.

(And yes I know it's certain that people have done this, but I want to continue to not be able to imagine it so please don't link me.)

Reading all these stories about forums actually reminded me that I was a forums trainwreck like 10-12 years or so back. :( When I first discovered the internet, I was 17 with depression/anxiety which had lost me all my school friends, was too mentally ill to develop a real social life, and had never had a guy interested in me before. I joined some forum for videogames which had like, no other girls, and suddenly I was like their pet darling. A teenaged girl who likes games and comics? Unheard of! Almost everyone had a crush on me, and would give me ridiculous amounts of slack for all the dumb poo poo I did and said. This sudden flood of male attention went to my head, and basically I turned into a massive attention whore prima donna. I'm so embarrassed about my online persona during those years (my IRL one kinda sucked too). I guess I should be glad that I never tried to play them off against each other, or pretend I was hotter with fake pics or that I had cancer or whatever.

In the end the forum community grew more insular and lovely, as they do, and most of the nicer people stopped posting. After being randomly made admin one day, I granted modship to the forum troll who deleted a ton of threads and banned everybody in a reign of terror that lasted until the other admin logged on. Everyone threw a shitfit like I was goddamn Satan, and I was permabanned. I still think that was pretty funny. A couple of years ago, a dude I still talked to online logged into their hangout, and apparently they still hate me for it.

fake e:

And now that I'm thinking about it all again, I remember a dude who was even worse than me. His name was Jeffrey, and all he ever talked about was how terrible his life was. Like everyone he'd ever loved had died, his friends had hosed him over with no provocation, he'd been in and out of hospital, etc. I think we were all pretty naive on this forum because everyone believed him and showered him with sympathy and tried to help him and talked him through his suicidal periods. Personally I always thought he was a little bit off, and his problems were too numerous and unrealistic, but I never voiced these suspicions because I'd have been literally his only detractor.

One day, Jeffrey got hit by a car. He'd broken his legs and it would be a while before he could walk again. It was okay though, he had a laptop and was able to post from his hospital bed. I guess he had a private room and internet port (this was before wifi) despite having no money for health insurance or whatever. Weeks later, he was discharged from the hospital, and just as he was crossing the road with his crutches, he got hit by another car. Wow, of all the things to happen! Everyone marveled at what terrible luck this poor guy had.

Shortly after he had showed up on our forums, a girl called HarleyQuinn joined. Despite her being a very vivacious and cheerful 20 year old with a very cute persona, and Jeffrey being a giant sadsack perpetually in hospital, the two of them got together. I can't remember if he said they'd been IRL friends before she joined, or if they met on the forums and she just happened to live near him. But either way, they became a real life couple and were very happy together... until HarleyQuinn unexpected died. I don't remember how. Possibly she was hit by a car. Everyone was heartbroken to lose their friend, and none more so than Jeffrey, who wept and moaned about how he really was the unluckiest guy in the world. He attended her funeral and told us about it, but... he didn't post a single photo of her. Not even as a tribute, or to give us something to remember her by. In fact none of us had ever seen pics of her or Jeffrey. Again, I had suspicions, but everyone was kinda upset about her death so I said nothing.

Some time later, around the time that sympathy for Jeffrey was starting to cool off a little, another woman called Kyanna joined the forums. She was older than HarleyQuinn had been, and was more mature and subdued, and was a Japanese anime artist. :downs: She also began a romantic relationship with Jeffrey. It was exclusively online, but he was still stoked about it. Apparently he got over HarleyQuinn pretty quickly. What are the odds, huh? On a forum of almost no girls, two join in succession and both are single and attracted to poor unhappy Jeffrey! In another stunning coincidence, Kyanna also died. Since the relationship was online, her family emailed him to let him know. Her very sparse webpage also updated with a memorial page, in case there was any doubt. Wow, Jeffrey is just astonishingly unlucky, and apparently so are girls who date him.

Jeffrey phased off the forums a while later and we never saw or heard from him again. Right up until the time I left the place, people still talked about HarleyQuinn and Kyanna as good friends of theirs that they missed, and I would roll my eyes and say nothing.

Balqis
Sep 5, 2011

Corridor posted:

Shortly after he had showed up on our forums, a girl called HarleyQuinn joined...Some time later, around the time that sympathy for Jeffrey was starting to cool off a little, another woman called Kyanna joined the forums...

Wow - is there a term for this? Internet Munchhausen's Syndrome by Proxy?

Mind Loving Owl
Sep 5, 2012

The regeneration is failing! Hooooo...

JohnOfOrdo3 posted:

Edit:

Did she become sacred of dogs in case they ate her? I gotta hear how this panned out.

Well for a day she genuinely believed that the last episode of the Clifford: The Puppy Years (basically baby Looney Tunes except with Clifford) would be about him hunting down his neighbours and killing them.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Balqis posted:

Wow - is there a term for this? Internet Munchhausen's Syndrome by Proxy?

I think the term is sock puppeting.

Balqis
Sep 5, 2011

Defiance Industries posted:

I think the term is sock puppeting.

I know that, but to create entities like that, just to break them down to feed your attention whore complex seems a bit more extreme than creating people to agree with you in a political debate. Even if they are fictional, that sort of behavior freaks me out.

FighterKnuckles
Apr 17, 2010

The truth is in sight!
Welcome back to part 2 of my story, where things really get interesting.

Part 2 "I can't believe that bitch is making him ignore me!"

Now, I had just discovered that this girl, who we shall call Kitten, was dating a scientist. Just, you know, a fictional mad scientist with no heart. For some context for those who are a bit anime-blind, he's part of an organization of heartless individuals called Organization XIII. He's probably one of the least interesting characters in the entire bunch, honestly. He's crazy and he spends all his time being all cold and evil and scientific. That's as deep as his character goes. (Oh, and as far as in-game canon goes, he's already dead, so that too)

Kitten had started talking to me when I went back onto Skype the next day, and I decided to keep talking to her. Now she was down again because of something that had happened between her and Vexen. Being more curious than concerned at this point, I had asked her what she was going on about. She responded to me saying "This bitch is making him ignore me!". At this point, I was curious, slightly concerned, and now confused.

Apparently, the only way for Kitten to communicate with Vexen is through a facebook account. Its not run by him of course, but by a powerful medium who can summon him to this world from the astral plane. This person was also apparently a friend of Kitten's, but also usually pretty mean to her as well, 'stealing her boyfriends' and the like. So, she pretty much always called the shots on when her and Vexen could communicate. I realized what was really going on and I couldn't help but :smith:. I mean, it became immediately obvious that this girl (Let's call her Izzy) is just running a Role-Playing account as Vexen on Facebook, and Kitten is taking what (s)he says at face value. At this point, I couldn't help but feel sorry for Kitten for being tricked like this, so I couldn't leave her alone. Not leaving her alone was my 3rd mistake of this story.

I tried convincing her, or at least having her consider the possibility that the account is fake, but she would not listen to reason. She knew their love was real, and that they would meet one day in the astral plane and be together forever. Until the next week, when apparently Izzy 'stole' Vexen. At which point, she was effectively e-dumped and was really upset by it. Until the next day she told me that there was someone else she liked, and it was someone we knew. This was a good thing, I thought. I mean, she's moving away from the astral plane bullshit and moving onto liking people who actually exist. Progress! So, I decided to help her still, and asked who she liked. She liked (we'll call this guy Jorge). Jorge is the leader of the group project we're a part of.

Jorge was a pretty nice guy, though he was pretty awkward and a bit goony. He did show us a picture before, and he's your stereotypical fat, pale, acne-ridden nerd. He's told me he's tried working out, but he never has anyone to do it with so he could never keep to a routine. Which I thought was a shame, since if he really got his act together, I thought he could be pretty good looking. Jorge was also european, while Kitten is from the states. She was too shy to talk to him privately, and I, still thinking that this would be something worth pursuing, was asked to talk to him about it.

Which, I ended up doing. The aftermath would result in the most awkward conversation I've ever had the displeasure of witnessing.

This will be next time. I'll try to get one post out a day so this doesn't drag on for too long.

JohnOfOrdo3
Nov 7, 2011

Ahhh... The heady world of internet romance... Can't help but feel sorry for Izzy, do you think she knew that Kitten had fallen madly in love with their roleplay persona and that's why she "Stole" Vexen away?

InEscape
Nov 10, 2006

stuck.
I think Izzy was manipulating the hell out of Kitten, just like we've seen dozens of times in this thread. A lonely best friend lied to, manipulated and controlled by an even crazier person.

Coulrophobia
Oct 11, 2012
Kingdom Hearts crazies are the best crazies.

Also if you guys are still internet detectiving my old site I want to mention that if you see a member named Akio, that's not the guy from my story. I made up Akio as a pseudonym and totally forgot that another dude had changed his name to that :psyduck: The guy ACTUALLY named Akio is pretty cool if I remember right.

Parsley
Jul 17, 2012

Balqis posted:

I know that, but to create entities like that, just to break them down to feed your attention whore complex seems a bit more extreme than creating people to agree with you in a political debate. Even if they are fictional, that sort of behavior freaks me out.

You can wiki up something called Munchausens by Internet, but I really don't know if it's actually a valid idea with medical professionals.

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012
Speaking of Kingdom Hearts crazies, there's this kid in my school who's been wearing those black hoodies that the bad guys in that game wear for about a year. He wears it almost every single day and it's not actually just a hoodie, it's an ankle length trenchcoat. He also paid fifty bucks for it but it looks awful and I can't believe anyone would wear cosplay to school unless it was Halloween.

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.

Celery Face posted:

Speaking of Kingdom Hearts crazies, there's this kid in my school who's been wearing those black hoodies that the bad guys in that game wear for about a year. He wears it almost every single day and it's not actually just a hoodie, it's an ankle length trenchcoat. He also paid fifty bucks for it but it looks awful and I can't believe anyone would wear cosplay to school unless it was Halloween.

Is his name Justin?

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012

Tardcore posted:

Is his name Justin?
No, it's actually a pretty dumb name you don't hear too often.

JohnOfOrdo3
Nov 7, 2011

Celery Face posted:

No, it's actually a pretty dumb name you don't hear too often.

Kenneth?

I am so sorry to anyone called Kenneth I just insulted. It just popped into my head, please don't hate me

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012

JohnOfOrdo3 posted:

Kenneth?

I am so sorry to anyone called Kenneth I just insulted. It just popped into my head, please don't hate me
It's actually Easton. (There's no rule about giving away first names, right?)

King Gonorrhea
Feb 11, 2008

Son of Ass Pharaoh
There are no rules about anything

:justpost:

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012
There's hardly any anime weirdos in my school but the biggest ones I know are Easton and this girl who's part of the gay/straight alliance club. She did a video project on gay rights and put a picture of two anime guys kissing in it. She also told the teacher that Japan is more tolerant of gay people because of yaoi. Never mind that Canada has gay marriage legalized while they don't and most Japanese people don't read that poo poo anyway. It's some of the weirdest logic I've ever heard. Sure, lots of men like lesbian porn but that doesn't mean they'll necessarily care about the rights lesbians have. They just want to see attractive women bang. Not to mention that putting any kind of porn in a video project is extremely loving weird.:psyduck:

Celery Face fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Mar 1, 2013

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

I love how that girl literally knows nothing about Japan except yaoi, which constantly characterizes gay men as the "tough" one and the "womanly" one.

Let's learn about a culture through their porn, everyone!

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp

Corridor posted:

Jeffrey phased off the forums a while later and we never saw or heard from him again. Right up until the time I left the place, people still talked about HarleyQuinn and Kyanna as good friends of theirs that they missed, and I would roll my eyes and say nothing.
I'll summarize this briefly because it's not quite on the main subject of the thread, but I had a similar experience on a forum I ran. First there was a couple who posted regularly. Then they died in a car wreck and the woman's best friend started posting. Then her legitimacy got questioned, and she disappeared. Shortly thereafter, a guy started posting (this is on a nearly all-female forum), followed by his girlfriend. All five of these different posters shared a few key traits: they were rabidly pro-life, staunchly Catholic, yet pro-gay rights. They believed the Catholic church would eventually come around on gay marriage. They were all Irish-Americans. Oh, and most notably, all three of the "female" posters had given up a baby for adoption who was the result of a rape. Yes, all three of them.

This went on for something like five years and included the latest couple's live-updated proposal and wedding vows before anyone questioned their reality. This despite none of them ever sharing pictures of themselves, and giant holes in their backstories (some rather gruesome details of one of the poster's supposed abortion seemed inaccurate). And the guy who claimed to be a second-generation immigrant from Ireland didn't know what the term "Black Irish" meant.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
You say you ran the forum--did you ever check if they shared IP addresses?

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp

Dick Burglar posted:

You say you ran the forum--did you ever check if they shared IP addresses?
No, I couldn't - I didn't actually own the website, it was one of those old-school free forum sites where anyone could create a forum and admin it, but you didn't actually have a lot of control over it. (It was on Delphi, just fyi.)

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

DicktheCat posted:

Let's learn about a culture through their porn, everyone!
"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated."

AuguryOwl
Jun 2, 2012

Moomoomoo!!
Hey uglynoodles.

I've been absent from SA for a while now and only came across this thread like a few days ago. I have now read it all, and all I can say is... wow. I had a friend who was/is way too obsessed for her own good with animu stuff and was/is leeching off her poor father to pay for all the paraphernalia. But it was nothing as crazy as astral babies/ thinking she was a god etc, thankfully.

I was wondering if your plans to attend the Games Art course at Futureworks came to fruition? If so, how's it going? A couple of years back I was contemplating going there to do one of the TV/Film Production courses, but settled on Bolton Uni instead. I'm assuming you currently live around the Manchester area then? I am not trying to be a creepy, honest. I just find it fun to find out nearby Goons :D

JohnOfOrdo3
Nov 7, 2011

Isn't there a thread for that? Finding goons in the local area and stuff? Or am I remembering something else from a different forum.

How was the course at Bolton?

AuguryOwl
Jun 2, 2012

Moomoomoo!!
Possibly, if so, I'll scoot on over to there.

It's okay. Bolton's not a very good Uni but the course itself is not that bad. If you're thinking of doing a Media Production course there, then I'd say there are better places to go but it's not terrible. If you get what I mean.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

JohnOfOrdo3 posted:

Isn't there a thread for that? Finding goons in the local area and stuff?

There's a whole subforum for it.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=241

and if you want to actually meet goons:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=43

• Locked thread