Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.

Smeep posted:

I love that Robin's love of "Last Action Hero" still comes up when she has an opinion on movies. I have a friend who liked City of Angels, and I've never been able to take anything he says about movies seriously since then.

I do the same to my brother for recommending Saving Silverman and Cats and Dogs. He does it to me for Con Air and Night At The Roxbury.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qaz Kwaz
Jul 24, 2003
What's your email? I've got some shitty posts that you NEED to read.
Today's show was great. Gary's gently caress up was awesome, as was the revelation that Stern and Beth were very close to having a kid.

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Smeep posted:

I love that Robin's love of "Last Action Hero" still comes up when she has an opinion on movies. I have a friend who liked City of Angels, and I've never been able to take anything he says about movies seriously since then.

I love the movie too, but then I also enjoy Water World for what it is.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMxY0Lxo_ow

Last Action Hero owns

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004
That was a pretty easy one to guess, because how is it a revelation if it were Jason or Richard.

I liked who the gently caress is Steve Brandano too.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

The funniest part about Gary's mistake is implying that Robin's news requires prep time.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
Today's show is great, seems like Howard has more energy due to being up since 2. I'm only up to the ETM call but Eric's dead silence and Fred's laughter after Howard asked "Hey Eric have you ever been down to the homo room?" is loving killing me.

E: hoooly poo poo Gary's mistake hahaha. I love how Howard immediately takes a "gently caress Gary" call.

rawdog pozfail fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Feb 5, 2013

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL

Holy Calamity! posted:

Today's show is great, seems like Howard has more energy due to being up since 2. I'm only up to the ETM call but Eric's dead silence and Fred's laughter after Howard asked "Hey Eric have you ever been down to the homo room?" is loving killing me.

E: hoooly poo poo Gary's mistake hahaha. I love how Howard immediately takes a "gently caress Gary" call.

That was the best ETM call in a long time, maybe since the werewolves. I love that new "Eric the Grim Reaper of TV" sound clip too.

A youtube user put a playlist of a bunch of ETM calls from 2011-2013:
Link.

Although ETM has been mostly poo poo post-Artie.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
What did Gary do?

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Bonzo posted:

What did Gary do?

He booked Jenny McCarthy and Jewell for the same time.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Bonzo posted:

What did Gary do?

Mark's Friggin posted:

Howard came back and said he just had a major meltdown. He said he's okay now. He said Gary made a mistake. He said that he booked Jewel and Jenny [McCarthy] for the same time of 8 o'clock. Howard said Gary was apologizing about that. He said he just has to get out of there. He said he has to leave. Howard said he wants to just leave now. He said he thinks he can leave because his contract says that he can. Howard said he can't find his agent to ask about that.

Howard said Gary says to him that whoever gets there first will get on and he'll tell the other one to go home. Gary said he didn't say that. He said he would just put the other one off. Howard said what he needs to do is get a hold of Jenny and beg her to reschedule. Howard said she has agreed actually. He said he feels bad about that but they have to do something. Howard told Gary to send her a gift. Gary said he's sending her flowers. Howard said he's going to try not to blow his stack. He said he even dismissed the Howard TV camera during his tirade.
http://www.marksfriggin.com/news.htm#tue

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Was Howard really that worried that Jenny McCarthy wouldn't reschedule? This isn't 1997.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

-Atom- posted:

What time? 1995?

Edit: yeah what Hal said

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Jewell has great cans at least. Jenny is looking... fake.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Can't wait for Howard and Beth to have a kid so Jenny McCarthy can come in once a month to talk about vaccines.

adebisi lives
Nov 11, 2009

-Atom- posted:

I was actually laughing at this thinking it was just a clever joke implying most of his guests are washed up 90's has beens, oh well.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
Jewel was actually a pretty good interview today. She was open about whatever he asked her, and had some interesting stories about growing up with crazy mountain people and living as a hobo. So glad that was the interview we got instead of the vapid, psycho McCarthy.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3nYW96VocA

Eric the homophobic midget

e: Eric the homophobic midget grim reaper of television

rawdog pozfail fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Feb 6, 2013

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
I love how Eric has no idea that acting is pretending.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

kylej posted:

Jewell has great cans at least. Jenny is looking... fake.

Aye. I was way into her back in the day, but she has NOT aged well.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
On the phone is famous Old Person Donald Trump, who checking in to discuss how Beyonce "thrusting things" at the Super Bowl was inappropriate.

Thank god we have famed philanderer Donald Trump to act as our moral barometer.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Kelly posted:

On the phone is famous Old Person Donald Trump, who checking in to discuss how Beyonce "thrusting things" at the Super Bowl was inappropriate.

Thank god we have famed philanderer Donald Trump to act as our moral barometer.

Donald Trump is also suing Bill Maher because he made a joke about donating money to charity if Trump proves he's not an orangutan. Why does Howard even have Trump on the show any more, given how much of a birther loon he's become in recent years?

VVVV Last night, Colbert referred to him as "a vulgar jack o'lantern", which I think is a nice turn of phrase.

prefect fucked around with this message at 13:46 on Feb 6, 2013

Wasco Jr.
Jan 11, 2006

"Cut the kids in half"
Donald Trump's head looks like a turkey

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

I feel like any time Donald Trump appears on TV, the graphic under him should read "THIS SHITHEAD TRIED TO EXTORT A SITTING PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES."

Wasco Jr.
Jan 11, 2006

"Cut the kids in half"
"This patriotic job creator defended the Constitution from a illegal immigrant Islamic extremist/communist from Kenya"

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

MarksFriggin.com posted:

Wednesday's Rundown Will Be Late. 02/06/13.
This Wednesday's rundown is going to be very late. I'll be appearing on the Howard Stern Show for the Extreme Super Fan trivia game Wednesday morning. I'm not planning on staying in the city for long. I should be home late morning or early afternoon so I can write the show up.

The self-importance this guy puts on his shittily-written recaps is hilarious. My god, the rundown won't be up until late afternoon? CHAOS!

Who gives a poo poo who gives a gently caress

ragle
Nov 1, 2009

Brocktoon posted:

you evidently do.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Brocktoon posted:

The self-importance this guy puts on his shittily-written recaps is hilarious. My god, the rundown won't be up until late afternoon? CHAOS!

I'd cut him some slack; he provides a pretty darn useful service, and when Howard tried to hire him and make him poo poo up his summaries, he said "no" and quit. He's got integrity. :thumbsup:

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

How'd he do in the trivia contest?

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Brocktoon posted:

Marks Friggin rules, sorry bro.

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

Brocktoon posted:

I love those recaps!

chiz
Sep 28, 2002
Give Brocktoon a chance, give em a nuddachance.

This guy didn't like Artie on the show. Artie. The guy who got a higher popularity rating on the show than Howard on Howards own website. The only funny. Now he's gone, Langford's gone (gently caress Lieberman, he's a Langford loving wannabe) and Robin is doing the show at home and it's all MEEE-OOOOOOWWWWWWW.

gently caress yall, Imma go wash my han's unna ma fawcets.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

chiz posted:

Give Brocktoon a chance, give em a nuddachance.

This guy didn't like Artie on the show. Artie. The guy who got a higher popularity rating on the show than Howard on Howards own website. The only funny. Now he's gone, Langford's gone (gently caress Lieberman, he's a Langford loving wannabe) and Robin is doing the show at home and it's all MEEE-OOOOOOWWWWWWW.

gently caress yall, Imma go wash my han's unna ma fawcets.

Towards the end of his time on the show, I didn't like Artie either. He was really bad in a non-amusing way on many days.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Hey, I freely admit I go against the norm not liking Artie, but I stand by my opinion. I always found him too strong a personality to be a sidekick. I agree with you on Lieberman, though, he's certainly no Langford.

Howard doesn't know who Jeff Dunham is and thinks was discovered on America's Got Talent. King of all Media...

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

prefect posted:

Towards the end of his time on the show, I didn't like Artie either. He was really bad in a non-amusing way on many days.

Most of that was his addiction. He got pretty dark and depressing. I think he is in a much better place now.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Speaking of Artie am I the only one still listening to his show? I haven't missed an episode since they finally shitcanned Nick's sorry rear end. Not a sports fan at all and I love it- wish there was more (any) discussion of it in here.

Yesterday he floated he's thinking about marrying his girlfriend :unsmith:

beep by grandpa fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Feb 6, 2013

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug

beep by grandpa posted:

Speaking of Artie am I the only one still listening to his show? I haven't missed an episode since they finally shitcanned Nick's sorry rear end. Not a sports fan at all and I love it- wish there was more (any) discussion of it in here.

I listen to every show. The reason I started listening to Howard was for Artie back in 2009. I gave up on Howard about a year after Artie "left".
It feels like he has more guests on now too. Still really enjoying it.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

beep by grandpa posted:

I'm going to marry her, she is a saint, an angel, a blessing. Totally not a oval office.

They still do the downloads of the show? I need to catch up on Artie

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

AxeManiac posted:

I'm going to marry her, she is a saint, an angel, a blessing. Totally not a oval office.

He said the same kind of stuff about Daner. Has he made this one walk home through the Bronx yet? :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

I thought they had broken up. Did they get back together?