Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Oneiros posted:

How many times has Ysengrin tried to kill Annie now?

3 off the top of my head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

Brainamp posted:

3 off the top of my head.

I only remember two — when they first met, and this last time.

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Friends depend on each other.

Rasamune posted:

Do we count the time when Annie saw him how he truly is (or was that as he sees himself?)?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Depends on whether you think Ysengrin was in control of the armbranch in Robot's possessed old body or not. (I think so, personally.)

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

Meowjesty posted:

Do we count the time when Annie saw him how he truly is (or was that as he sees himself?)?

No, because he wasn't going to kill her then; he was just trying to impress on her that he would at least wound her if she weren't a guest.

Cat Mattress posted:

Depends on whether you think Ysengrin was in control of the armbranch in Robot's possessed old body or not. (I think so, personally.)

Even if he was, he was trying to get Renard back; sending Annie plummeting to her possible death was merely a side effect.

e: Actually on a re-read of that page it does look pretty deliberate, so v:v:v

Rasamune fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Feb 6, 2013

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Rasamune posted:

I was also counting when she first saw him without his armor. Can't recall exactly if he did or did not lash out at her then.

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

So if we tally it up, that's Ysengrin 2 (at least), Jeanne 2, Coyote 1 (indirectly using Ysengrin), Robot/Ysengrin/A Shadow 1 (accidentally?), Renard 1. For a total of being nearly killed six times during her time at Gunnerkrigg Court.

Jeez Annie really does bring that out in people for some reason.

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

Meowjesty posted:

So if we tally it up, that's Ysengrin 2 (at least), Jeanne 2, Coyote 1 (indirectly using Ysengrin), Robot/Ysengrin/A Shadow 1 (accidentally?), Renard 1. For a total of being nearly killed six times during her time at Gunnerkrigg Court.

Jeez Annie really does bring that out in people for some reason.

Between that, killing her mother, and communing with the psychopomps, I think we can just chalk it up to an affinity with death in general

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Meowjesty posted:

Also the time Anthony (accidentally) might have also possibly killed her, if Zimmy hadn't done weird things and then punched him from the spirit world.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?
Siddell :argh:

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Lots of good avatar material this page.

Laser Cow
Feb 22, 2006

Just like real cows!

Only with lasers.
Go one, drag it out one more page. I dare you.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

The headmaster doesn't seem too interested in the students either.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

The headmaster just likes to relax.

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

Auughh this loving cliffhanger.

I mean it's so good but it's SO BAD too.

I wonder if Annie will ever bring up what happened to Ysengrin? Will she figure out something is up when he has no idea what she's talking about?

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

The headmaster should consider getting a tan.

The Sin of Onan
Oct 11, 2012

And below,
watched by eyes of steel
we dreamt
Bloody cliffhangers. He's just taunting us now.

First two panels made me wonder how much of Ysengrin's memory Coyote took out. Do you think he still remembers Annie at all?

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
THE MEDIUM

DOES NOT

EXIST

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Oh no! Dodgeball is really scary!
It's Boxbot.

SORRY SUCKERS!!

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Hm before this page I was expecting to have to wait another week before finding out, now it looks like we might find out on Friday who the court decided on.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
Well, Jones recommended a "she"...

No.44
Dec 14, 2012

Reene posted:

Auughh this loving cliffhanger.

I mean it's so good but it's SO BAD too.

I wonder if Annie will ever bring up what happened to Ysengrin? Will she figure out something is up when he has no idea what she's talking about?

Well Jones did tell her last chapter that she suspected that Coyote was manipulating him somehow, so it's likely that at this point that she's aware that something very, very bad has been affecting him.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Fecha posted:

Well, Jones recommended a "she"...

Female Pigeon is a she.

ArcMage
Sep 14, 2007

What is this thread?

Ramrod XTreme

Cat Mattress posted:

Female Pigeon is a she.

MAn, and pigeons have a long and storied tradition of carrying messages, haven't they?

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Dammit Tom, quit being such a tease! :arghfist::v:

Next page: "Now, the name of the new medium, who I am about to announce, whose name you are about to hear, who will from now on be the ambassador between Forest and Court, is..." *Page End*

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
"Thanks to these three fine students for their hard work. Too bad they're lame-os! We're appointing Paz as our medium because she's good with animals."

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

SCENE - Court Welcoming Room

Dean - The Court has chosen...

Full page spread, with jones, parley, smitty, annie, coyote and reynardine all looking dynamically at the Dean, in a circle page.

Dean - No one.

Thank you for reading.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
If I had terminal cancer and only a week to live, my Make A Wish would be for Siddell to tell me, in detail, the rest of the plot of this comic.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

scary ghost dog posted:

If I had terminal cancer and only a week to live, my Make A Wish would be for Siddell to tell me, in detail, the rest of the plot of this comic.

Hello, old lady writing to Stephen King about the later volumes of The Dark Tower.

I personally see potential for about three more years of story, but the way the plot threads are converging (slowly, but steadly) I imagine there won't be more to be said in this world after that.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Is anyone else disappointed that they didn't have to campaign for the position of medium? I just want an Obama version of thumbs-up Smitty that reads "OKAY" or possible "HELLO."

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Perestroika posted:

Next page: "Now, the name of the new medium, who I am about to announce, whose name you are about to hear, who will from now on be the ambassador between Forest and Court, is..." *Page End*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4zANH21ck4

Noosphere
Aug 31, 2008

[[[error]]] Damn not found.

Perestroika posted:

Speaking of Ysengrin's status in the forest, was there ever an explanation of why the headmaster called him "general" during their first visit to the court?

Thanks for the link. Reading both sequences in parallel is great, as they contain similar moments, yet so much has changed in the intervening years.

RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON

Oneiros posted:

Or the last time everyone involved was in this room together.

How many times has Ysengrin tried to kill Annie now?

So many times he's lost count! Hahahahaaha:smith:

Fragrag
Aug 3, 2007
The Worst Admin Ever bashes You in the head with his banhammer. It is smashed into the body, an unrecognizable mass! You have been struck down.

Perestroika posted:

Tom's note:
I've been rewatching a lot of Dragon Ball Z

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Better yet: "Taking a three month vacation. In the meantime, please enjoy this rerun of Jones' story."

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Meowjesty posted:

No, because he specifically says "If you were anyone else" implying that he WOULD have killed her if she wasn't her.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
I'm bothered by how Tom laid out the first two panels. It's meant to show that Ysengrin is looking at Annie and that she's averting her eyes. The line of sight from Annie's eyes in Panel 2, however, goes directly to Ysengrin's face in Panel 1. This is made worse by the shadow line in the background of Panel 1 which coincidentally matches the invisible line going from Annie's eyes.

I had just woken up and was confused by the Panel 1-2 transition before I realized that she was supposed to be looking away from Ysengrin instead of glaring/?something? at him.

Anyway, it's totally gonna be Smitty. :unsmith:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Brannock posted:

Anyway, it's totally gonna be Smitty. :unsmith:

Y'know, it really should be Smitty. I know, Annie's the main character, and she's been communing with the forest the whole time and she has a nice rapport going on with Coyote and even with Ysengrin sometimes and etc etc etc. But Smitty's the obvious choice. The guy's mutant power is making everything perfectly safe and orderly and reasonable, right? Guys, that is the perfect power for diplomacy. Smitty doesn't even need training. Nobody's ever tried to kill him, and I doubt they could. If Ysengrin tried to impale him on a woodspike or something, it'd spontaneously turn into a large toothpick and pry out a popcorn kernel that had been stuck between Smitty's incisors.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."

Perestroika posted:

Of course you know Friday's page, whatever it says, is gonna somehow lead to, well, this: :aaa:

And then we'll have to wait til Monday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
This is really beginning to feel like it's neither of them...also beginning to feel like American Idol. "Headmaster out!"