Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
If Oga is somehow removed from the equation, this could set up for all the side character to have their moment... like Furuichi getting his tissues on! :black101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Chapter 191

edit: sigh, still buildup, still not enough rear end-kicking Oga.

Yes_Cantaloupe fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Feb 6, 2013

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Nasu's faces are my favorite thing about this arc so far.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Chapter 191

edit: sigh, still buildup, still not enough rear end-kicking Oga.

I'm okay with it so long as the "buildup" is to the destruction of the whole school again and they all go back to Saint Ishiyama at the end of this.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

So did Behemoth train these kids? I'm suspecting its something to do when they were mind controlled by Jabberwock + Friends.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Kild posted:

So did Behemoth train these kids? I'm suspecting its something to do when they were mind controlled by Jabberwock + Friends.

Behemoth never really cared about Beel. Even though Enma is so amazingly useless that Beel looks like an accomplished gentleman by comparison, none of his retainers ever seemed interested in ditching him.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Kild posted:

I would imagine that there are other powers in the demon world and these kids are from one of them. There's got to be other people vying for the throne and wanting to control the upbringing of the next Demon King.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

pentyne posted:

I would imagine that there are other powers in the demon world and these kids are from one of them. There's got to be other people vying for the throne and wanting to control the upbringing of the next Demon King.

Good point. That'll also bring Behemoth and crew back into the picture to help fight them.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

pentyne posted:

If its not this then I'm guessing word got round about how much Oga's battle abilities went up after being Beel's dad.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Dangnabit Beelzebub! You're doing it again! I don't read this series for generic shounen battles. This whole thing had better just be a buildup to destroy the school again.

KoB
May 1, 2009
Last time we thought it was getting too Shonen-y, we got Super Milk Time. Beel hasn't let me down yet so I'm giving it the benefit of the doubt :colbert:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Do people forget that every arc has this kinda buildup

Plus. I read the manga for the entertaining banter between characters. That and shonen fighting arn't mutually exclusive.

I honestly don't see the difference between this and the beginning of the pillar arc. Or the Six kings arc. Or when the maids first showed up.

Verizian
Dec 18, 2004
The spiky one.
The only real surprises they could pull now would be to make it a straight up fight with boring generic action and weird fireballs flying everywhere.

Or just drop the entire cast of new antagonists with them going off to band practice and never directly mentioning them ever again. Maybe throw some promotional material for their music into the background several chapters down the road but just drop the story with no resolution and have that be the joke.

That said they'll probably just challenge Oga to something dumb like a game of DDR.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Verizian posted:

The only real surprises they could pull now would be to make it a straight up fight with boring generic action and weird fireballs flying everywhere.

Or just drop the entire cast of new antagonists with them going off to band practice and never directly mentioning them ever again. Maybe throw some promotional material for their music into the background several chapters down the road but just drop the story with no resolution and have that be the joke.

That said they'll probably just challenge Oga to something dumb like a game of DDR.

Remember when the Oga and the Tohoshinki first entered Saint Ishiyama, they were challenged to a game of volleyball by the Six Knights? Perhaps now it'll be a battle of the bands instead and Oga has to learn how to play a musical instrument.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Dexo posted:

Do people forget that every arc has this kinda buildup

Plus. I read the manga for the entertaining banter between characters. That and shonen fighting arn't mutually exclusive.

I honestly don't see the difference between this and the beginning of the pillar arc. Or the Six kings arc. Or when the maids first showed up.

The difference is they just got done trouncing the Royal Army for the Demon realm. They were built up as the strongest with Hilda sacrificing herself to protect Oga from Jabberwock and with 3 teachers talking about how they really would want to avoid a conflict with Behemoth. Now Oga and friends are getting their asses handed to them by some no name chumps.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Kild posted:

The difference is they just got done trouncing the Royal Army for the Demon realm. They were built up as the strongest with Hilda sacrificing herself to protect Oga from Jabberwock and with 3 teachers talking about how they really would want to avoid a conflict with Behemoth. Now Oga and friends are getting their asses handed to them by some no name chumps.

He's not really getting his rear end kicked. He got hit once. And he's not using any of his Demon Power. And Was still holding back. It's pretty obvious that if he were to go all out he would wreck their poo poo.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

JosephWongKS posted:

Remember when the Oga and the Tohoshinki first entered Saint Ishiyama, they were challenged to a game of volleyball by the Six Knights? Perhaps now it'll be a battle of the bands instead and Oga has to learn how to play a musical instrument.

You see, I'm hoping this happens, they get up to the day where it's supposed to take place, team Oga has worked hard to learn their instrument, and Oga walks in and beats the poo poo out of the idiots who hosed with him, possibly punching them all the way back to the school.

Because I'm always a fan of anti-climaxes in Beelzebub. It's fitting.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Kild posted:

Except the fact that Nasu knew Beel's full name means they aren't some no name chumps.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
New chapter
http://www.mangareader.net/beelzebub/192

So, demon anti-royalists vs royalists? Very Shakespearean.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

pentyne posted:

New chapter
http://www.mangareader.net/beelzebub/192

So, demon anti-royalists vs royalists? Very Shakespearean.

You guessed it.

http://manga.redhawkscans.com/reader/read/beelzebub_2/en/0/192/page/1

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Gotta admit, I'd read a new manga about Akahoshi and his gang. I really like their designs.

A new contractor definitely ups the ante for this arc. Good thing Good Night's on our side! :v:

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
A pretty tame chapter for this series, though plenty of solid panels of Oga being stoic as gently caress.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
I like the Oga with a different haircut. and how they noticed that he was basically just Oga with a haircut.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

The Fresh Prince posted:

I like the Oga with a different haircut. and how they noticed that he was basically just Oga with a haircut.

Keepin my fingers crossed for "Palette swap Furuichi"

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP
New chapter

Goddamn does Kanzaki look badass on the last page.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.

Kuroyama posted:

New chapter

Goddamn does Kanzaki look badass on the last page.

Wow Beelzebub, you know how to consistently keep the bar set so high! That was an awesome turn of events. Oga sharing his powers with everyone? gently caress YES sign me up!

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
The rock paper scissors was the best. Everyone, even the smart ones, throwing rock and losing to the baby was glorious.

Also that last page reveal and the stuff right before it is interesting too. The explanation for all this and where it goes should be good.

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker
Now that is more like it, looks like the rest of the gang are going to get some time to shine.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Roland Jones posted:

The rock paper scissors was the best. Everyone, even the smart ones, throwing rock and losing to the baby was glorious.

Also that last page reveal and the stuff right before it is interesting too. The explanation for all this and where it goes should be good.
But rock is supposed to always win :negative:

The last bit was definitely awesome. We finally get to see Oga build up an actual army. Even in spite of being beaten down a whole bunch, especially when Demons get involved, Kanzaki still resolved to fight his best. That's absolutely awesome.
Guesses on the Emblem that Nasu and the Poltergeists are rocking? It's shaped like bull horns, maybe Taurus? Minotaur? I don't know.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Nahxela posted:

But rock is supposed to always win :negative:

The last bit was definitely awesome. We finally get to see Oga build up an actual army. Even in spite of being beaten down a whole bunch, especially when Demons get involved, Kanzaki still resolved to fight his best. That's absolutely awesome.
Guesses on the Emblem that Nasu and the Poltergeists are rocking? It's shaped like bull horns, maybe Taurus? Minotaur? I don't know.
I don't know how it'd work here, but you know what always has horns in Final Fantasy games? Behemoths. :swoon:

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
I hope if Oda's army gets Zebul marks, everyone will get it except Furuichi.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

toanoradian posted:

I hope if Oda's army gets Zebul marks, everyone will get it except Furuichi.

Pffft. We all know Furuichi is going to be number zero. It has been foreshadowed.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

I don't know how it'd work here, but you know what always has horns in Final Fantasy games? Behemoths. :swoon:

...that would actually be really awesome.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

The first chapter mentions a Dragon King. Maybe he's getting revenge for the Demon King for missing his wedding.

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

"Yeh've forged a magnificent sword."

"This one's only practice. The real sword I intend to forge will be three times longer."

"Can there really be a sword as monstrous as that in this world?"

"Yes. I can see that sword... Somewhere out there..."
I guess this means Nasu is just the first flunky, not the actual contractor of that demon faction -- he's got a "1," just like Kanzaki.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Einander posted:

I guess this means Nasu is just the first flunky, not the actual contractor of that demon faction -- he's got a "1," just like Kanzaki.

No, the guy with the scar on his face was 1, the flunkies are 1-4.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Einander posted:

The pianist guy has the "1" emblem, on his arm. Nasu's is on his chest. He's the contractor.

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

"Yeh've forged a magnificent sword."

"This one's only practice. The real sword I intend to forge will be three times longer."

"Can there really be a sword as monstrous as that in this world?"

"Yes. I can see that sword... Somewhere out there..."
Oops. Well, that's what I get for not checking again, I guess.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Kanzaki gently caress yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
:stare: I, uh, I think I'd be okay with Beelzebub becoming a straight-up battle manga now. Because :drat:

• Locked thread