Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Bocc Kob posted:

How does saying "hoeski" make one a misogynist again? :confused:

Slut-shaming, etc. It's a stupid term and I understand the desire of some to have it go away forever, but the proportion to which it's blown on here is just part of the Great Goon Race to be the most progressive poster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apsouthern
May 24, 2007

Chain Gang Soldier
Don't suppose there's any chance we could avoid having this whole argument again?

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Is it my imagination or did twitter peak with Punk's belt in the fridge?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Arbite posted:

Twitter peaks whenever Big E Langston tweets.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Arbite posted:

I know Tout peaked on those couple of nights when 3MB posted their videos of them being idiots about town. Those were amazingly fun.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Peak Tout was Tensai's "LOL ASIAN DRIVERZ" racist Tout.

getitoffgetitoff
Sep 24, 2007

by Ralp
Even without taking the misogyny into account, Ryder is really whiny and annoying. And he wasn't ever really any good anyway.

Guzim
Nov 10, 2007

Take me away from this big bad world and agree to marry me. So we can start over again.

Writer Cath posted:

I know Tout peaked on those couple of nights when 3MB posted their videos of them being idiots about town. Those were amazingly fun.

We all know Tout peaked when Save Russian Jews made this.

http://www.tout.com/m/fbxwjz

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I blocked him on Twitter. It felt good to be on the other end for once.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

sportsgenius86 posted:

Slut-shaming, etc. It's a stupid term and I understand the desire of some to have it go away forever, but the proportion to which it's blown on here is just part of the Great Goon Race to be the most progressive poster.

Slut-shaming was hilarious because the context is to defend a woman. I've had enough of Zacks hooker-bashing! This prostitute-defaming needs to stop.

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

The problem with Zack Ryder is that he's boring and doesn't have much charisma but he has catch phrases that people mistake for charisma so he takes up a spot on TV and stuff that could be given to genuinely charismatic guys like my man Percy Watson.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Zack Ryder has a spot on TV now? I must have missed that.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

He's rarely on TV for more than five minutes at the most. It's not like he's on Raw putting in 10+ minute mat classics or with his own version of Miz TV, so it's hard to make the argument that he's in someone else's spot. That doesn't make him any less grating for even the short time he is on TV or on Twitter and stuff though.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
I'm a real sucker for an underdog story, and will irrationally defend people to the point of fervour if I think they've been as hard done by as Ryder was. But honestly? gently caress Zack Ryder

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

They handle so many people like total poo poo that I'm just glad at least one of them with a sizable following is causing a stir about it. Even if he's acting like a brat doing it.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

They are handling him exactly right though. He has limited skill, limited appeal, and very limited upside. If he can sell just as much merchandise while being off tv as on, then why would they use him as anything but a five-minute jobber? They keep him around exactly as much as they need to in order to move those shirts and junk.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

flashy_mcflash posted:

They are handling him exactly right though. He has limited skill, limited appeal, and very limited upside. If he can sell just as much merchandise while being off tv as on, then why would they use him as anything but a five-minute jobber? They keep him around exactly as much as they need to in order to move those shirts and junk.

Limited skill is fair assuming you don't think "limited" means outright bad worker. He's capable of good matches. Limited appeal is fairly false considering there's a small number of people in an organization of many who move as much merchandise as him, he's got like the 4th most social media followers or something like that and crowds routinely pop and chant for Ryder. If his appeal is limited, 95% of the roster would have to have no appeal whatsoever by your definition. Limited upside is possible but they've done nothing to explore that for anyone to even know for sure. The fact that he moves as much merchandise and is as visible he is WITHOUT their help, if anything, is a discredit to claiming he has "very limited potential."

It's really easy to see why people dislike Ryder and he's never going to be an elite worker or talker, but people vastly underrate how the majority of people feel about him. He doesn't deserve to be in the main event at all but I can't see how anyone who actually watched the product in the last 18 months or so can say they handled him right unless they're actively trying to be as biased as possible.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
Zack Ryder is Kings of Leon.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

sportsgenius86 posted:

Limited skill is fair assuming you don't think "limited" means outright bad worker. He's capable of good matches. Limited appeal is fairly false considering there's a small number of people in an organization of many who move as much merchandise as him, he's got like the 4th most social media followers or something like that and crowds routinely pop and chant for Ryder. If his appeal is limited, 95% of the roster would have to have no appeal whatsoever by your definition. Limited upside is possible but they've done nothing to explore that for anyone to even know for sure. The fact that he moves as much merchandise and is as visible he is WITHOUT their help, if anything, is a discredit to claiming he has "very limited potential."

It's really easy to see why people dislike Ryder and he's never going to be an elite worker or talker, but people vastly underrate how the majority of people feel about him. He doesn't deserve to be in the main event at all but I can't see how anyone who actually watched the product in the last 18 months or so can say they handled him right unless they're actively trying to be as biased as possible.

Limited appeal is in reference to him being a comedy character, really. Would you say that Santino is mishandled? Because Ryder is a more limited version of Santino (in that Santino can do different kinds of comedy that aren't handcuffed by a specific gimmick) that sells more merch. He's never going to work in a serious storyline with this gimmick or be anything more than he is. He's peaked.

If I'm underselling how 'the majority of people feel about him' then why did he stop getting decent reactions almost right away? Some of that might've been booking, but his gimmick hardly depends on him winning all the time or at all. He's a slightly more marketable Santino, and he's being handled like a more marketable Santino.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Ziggler posted:

boobs dont make us even, i work hard for this, like the ex who bought you those... JK, i'll keep paying your phone bill

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

Paper Jam Dipper posted:

Zack Ryder is Kings of Leon.

Zack Ryder has never done anything as good as Youth and Young Manhood or Aha Shake Heartbreak.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

nasboat posted:

Zack Ryder has never done anything as good as Youth and Young Manhood or Aha Shake Heartbreak.

You sound like someone talking about his ECW matches against Christian :smugbert:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Guys can we just post some cool Big E Langston tweets? Other than that guy who seems to think sex workers are subhuman garbage this is just going to rehash the same old tweets about Ryder.

Like this one, it isn't as good as some of his tweets, but it is pretty good:

quote:

Big E Langston ‏@BigELangston

@reneepaquette I'm partial to Nashville, so we can awkwardly & ineffectively use the "only Ten-I-See" pickup line on uncomfortable guests.

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Feb 6, 2013

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

People should follow WWE's new backstage announcer Renee "Young" Paquette (@reneepaquette). She's very knowledgeable and has been engaged in hilarious banter with Big E all day.

Wojtek
Oct 17, 2008

Valeyard posted:

Ziggler tweet
Is this about the Bella he was with? What is the context?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Wojtek posted:

He's mad at his ex? I dunno.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
Twitteeeeeeeeer

gently caress you Twitter

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

Paper Jam Dipper posted:

You sound like someone talking about his ECW matches against Christian :smugbert:

Originally I was gonna make a reference to his Tiger Bomb being like Slow Night So Long or Happy Alone but I was in a hurry.

But both Zack Ryder and Kings of Leon currently suck, so the comparison is apt in that regard. :)

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

gently caress you Twitter

i don't think i like dolph ziggler anymore

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Wojtek posted:

I didn't see anything else he had posted recently related to it, it just came out of the blue I think.

He did have Nikki Bella, which I believe is the now Big Boobed Bella.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

@LuFisto posted:

Once again the @TNAGutCheck has changed... Now on hold. Something happens every time I'm no. 1 LOL

For context, that TNA Gut Check Challenge that every indie wrestler has been tweeting about endlessly over the past few weeks has now been "put on hold" because of suspicious voting patterns. IE they didn't think fans of certain super-popular indie guys and girls would just spam the vote and they were risking ending up with another Desmond Wolfe situation.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

njsykora posted:

For context, that TNA Gut Check Challenge that every indie wrestler has been tweeting about endlessly over the past few weeks has now been "put on hold" because of suspicious voting patterns. IE they didn't think fans of certain super-popular indie guys and girls would just spam the vote and they were risking ending up with another Desmond Wolfe situation.

It isn't the super popular ones getting spammed, that's why there are the questions. It'd nobodies from like Delaware winning.

So now the top three move and then it's a vote between the top three of each bracket.

getitoffgetitoff
Sep 24, 2007

by Ralp

njsykora posted:

What did they think would happen? God, TNA is just so stupid sometimes.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

getitoffgetitoff posted:

What did they think would happen? God, TNA is just so stupid sometimes.

lol "sometimes"

tongster
Jan 18, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Has there been any forewarning for how funny Big E Langston is? Or has he just appeared out of the ether to produce hand-to-god comic gold?

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Paper Jam Dipper posted:

It isn't the super popular ones getting spammed, that's why there are the questions. It'd nobodies from like Delaware winning.

So now the top three move and then it's a vote between the top three of each bracket.

What have you got against delaware?

(I have a lot against it, we need to compare hatreds)

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?

Paper Jam Dipper posted:

Yeah. Delaware. When have they ever produced any champ--

:stare:

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

tongster posted:

Has there been any forewarning for how funny Big E Langston is? Or has he just appeared out of the ether to produce hand-to-god comic gold?

None whatsoever from his early days in developmental before he got his title run push, then his promos from FCW (especially the 5 one) have this seemingly self-aware of their absurdity charisma but that only stands out in hindsight. Then he showed up on RAW as an unflinching :stare: enforcer which was hilarious in its own way. Then he had a personality one day and it's been all downhill from there.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Jay 2K Winger posted:

Yeah. Delaware. When have they ever produced any champ--

:stare:

Holy poo poo I did not know they were from Delaware. Doesn't that state have the reputation for just being the most boring dirthole in North America?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Memento1979 posted:

Holy poo poo I did not know they were from Delaware. Doesn't that state have the reputation for just being the most boring dirthole in North America?

No that is and will forever be the arm pit of America - New Jersey.