Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bouchacha
Feb 7, 2006

This is weird but every word is getting capitalized while I type, on any app. It only started today.

Edit: Figured it out, ManualCorrect contributed this bug

Bouchacha fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Feb 6, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadowhand00
Jan 23, 2006

Golden Bear is ever watching; day by day he prowls, and when he hears the tread of lowly Stanfurd red,from his Lair he fiercely growls.
Toilet Rascal

Bouchacha posted:

This is weird but every word is getting capitalized while I type, on any app. It only started today.

I had this issue happen to me when I was using the Tap-to-spellcheck app. (Forgot the name) As soon as I erased that, it no longer capitalized everything I typed.

Xenomorph
Jun 13, 2001
Better hurry, guys. Apple just released the beta of iOS 6.1.1.

Xenomorph fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Feb 6, 2013

Denim Dude
Feb 21, 2006

[I'M A GIANT HOMOPHOBE
As in if I plugged my Iphone in to my computer Itunes would tell me there is an update available? That means just a few days of signing window left on 6.1?

Just plugged in my Iphone to check for an update and there wasn't one so I'll go ahead and assume I asked a dumb question. I should have known apple wouldn't release a beta all willy nilly to everyone. Any idea how long it usually takes a firmware to get out of beta and in to release? I've got like 5 devices to do this weekend.

Denim Dude fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Feb 6, 2013

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Denim Dude posted:

As in if I plugged my Iphone in to my computer Itunes would tell me there is an update available? That means just a few days of signing window left on 6.1?

No, beta means that it is only released to people in the developer program.

The window on 6.1 won't start to close until 6.1.1 is released to the public.

Denim Dude
Feb 21, 2006

[I'M A GIANT HOMOPHOBE
Yeah you caught me during my edit thanks for clearing that up though.

Zorilla
Mar 23, 2005

GOING APE SPIT

Christoff posted:

Hey the weather app works now, chill

Still broken for me, even after the Cydia evasi0n 0.2-3 update and a reboot. Maybe it's time for me to do another full restore and re-jailbreak.

AutoFool
Sep 28, 2004

I am the Power
I think I may have seen this earlier in the thread, but Cydelete caused my 4S to reboot in safe mode when I tried to delete a normal apple store app and caused it to not delete. Removed Cydelete and resprung, then deleted the app again and it worked.

e: grammar or lack there of

AutoFool fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Feb 6, 2013

steamed horse
Dec 4, 2004

Anyone get this in bitesms?

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003
Auxo is incredible. Highly recommended.

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

gramlock posted:

Are you using a licensed biteSMS or an ad-supported version?

Blimpkin posted:

Auxo is incredible. Highly recommended.

whoa, that looks badass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nXuFbeQxN8

e: Auxo is continually putting me in Safe Mode while browsing open apps or trying to close them.. anyone else?
e2: Lockdown Pro causes issues with Auxo

spongeworthy fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Feb 7, 2013

Kaster Troy
Feb 8, 2010

gramlock posted:

I've got a different problem where in quick reply the text isn't showing up. It also seems to cause a reboot often. Even after removing the small amount of programs I've installed.

benisntfunny
Dec 2, 2004
I'm Perfect.
Is there a jailbreak app that allows for the phone audio to play on an accessory but the video to stay on the iPhone?

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Anyone have some suggestions for a good, free theme for winterboard?

Also, did the JB break autocorrect?

benisntfunny
Dec 2, 2004
I'm Perfect.

omg chael crash posted:

Anyone have some suggestions fir a good, free theme for winterboard?

I have the same question minus the word free. I don't even care about cost but I'm not really finding anything that doesn't look tacky.

steamed horse
Dec 4, 2004

adm posted:

Are you using a licensed biteSMS or an ad-supported version?

Licenced, bought it today.

radge
Jan 21, 2005

I'm not a huge fan of jailbreak software and spergy tweaks and themes but auxo plus the ayecon theme feels really nice and well put together.

cornface
Dec 28, 2006

by Lowtax

Zorilla posted:

Still broken for me, even after the Cydia evasi0n 0.2-3 update and a reboot. Maybe it's time for me to do another full restore and re-jailbreak.

There was some other package that mentioned it fixed the weather problem. (UIKit Tools).

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

gramlock posted:

Licenced, bought it today.

Try hard-quitting the app and going into the License menu after restarting to verify it's recognized it as full, or a reboot if that doesn't fix it.

http://forums.bitesms.com/forums/1 is their bug report area if nothing works.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Zorilla posted:

Not callin' you out, and it's better if you don't answer. But if my twitter-comprehension is up to snuff, the evad3rs are stating that AppSync (a JB app related to running pirated apps on your iDevice.) Makes the fixes for Weather & Boot issues non-functional.

steamed horse
Dec 4, 2004

adm posted:

Try hard-quitting the app and going into the License menu after restarting to verify it's recognized it as full, or a reboot if that doesn't fix it.

http://forums.bitesms.com/forums/1 is their bug report area if nothing works.

Turns out it's something to do with glasklart chat bubbles for some reason; it's there in my normal messages app.

steamed horse fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Feb 6, 2013

ClassH
Mar 18, 2008
I got auxo since everyone was talking about it and love it. Is there a list of IOS6 compatible themes somewhere? I was hoping for a free one as I tend to switch themes often but looks like mostly the pay ones are getting updated first, which makes sense I guess.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Yeah auxo owns. Def recommend using it with zephyr. Zephyr owns if only for the swipe up to close app. Springtomize is nice but seems real buggy. I'll wait for an update.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Right now, I'd say the sold and singular "issue" I am having with anything JB related is BiteSMS occasionally chimes to let me know I have a text, but does not display the little window/text message that it does 99% of the other times.

Very intermittent and random.

Other than that, everything is gravy.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
If anybody is curious about Quasar's ios 6 port:

Pedro Franceschi ‏@pedroh96
Working as hard as I can to get Quasar working on iOS 6. Stay tuned!

Also, saw this in the apps thread but it would be more appropriate to quote it here:

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

The best thing you can do is adapt to how thing are rather than to try to get iOS to do something it doesn't.

*fart noises*

Zigmidge fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Feb 6, 2013

Banzai 3
May 8, 2007
I'm only here for the weekly 24 bitchfest.
Pillbug
Is there a way to decrease the font size in the notification center/on the lockscreen? A quick Google search doesn't turn up much of anything. This may be more relevant for the general iOS thread, but I figured I'd try here since this wasn't an issue before the new LockInfo integrated itself into the Notification Center and removed all font size options. I feel like I can barely see anything on a 4 since the text is so huge.

Thirst Mutilator
Dec 13, 2008

Banzai 3 posted:

Is there a way to decrease the font size in the notification center/on the lockscreen? A quick Google search doesn't turn up much of anything. This may be more relevant for the general iOS thread, but I figured I'd try here since this wasn't an issue before the new LockInfo integrated itself into the Notification Center and removed all font size options. I feel like I can barely see anything on a 4 since the text is so huge.

BytaFont lets change the default font (some apps force the use of their font) wide with BytaFont, in addition to changing the font for specific parts of iOS to whatever you choose. It may not be granular enough for your needs, but it's worth a look-see

Banzai 3
May 8, 2007
I'm only here for the weekly 24 bitchfest.
Pillbug

Thirst Mutilator posted:

BytaFont lets change the default font (some apps force the use of their font) wide with BytaFont, in addition to changing the font for specific parts of iOS to whatever you choose. It may not be granular enough for your needs, but it's worth a look-see

Hm, I'm currently using BytaFont, I'll have to look into that. It may actually be more the padding between the lines of font and headings, along with the first slider to unlock I've seen in 2 years. It feels so inefficient.

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

gramlock posted:

Turns out it's something to do with glasklart chat bubbles for some reason; it's there in my normal messages app.

Themes almost always break between iOS revisions as file names change. glasklart is so popular I'd expect an update soon

aherdofpenguins
Mar 18, 2006

aherdofpenguins posted:

Still having problems with Folder Enhancer. All of my settings from a year ago are still in my phone somewhere, so whenever I install Folder Enhancer or 5 icon dock or anything, all of my icons just get tossed all over the place.

Is there a way I can use iFile to delete whatever is causing it to do that? I uninstalled and went through and deleted everything with the phrase Folder Enhancer that I could find, but it still did it after reinstalling.

Still having this problem.

Making an icon backup in Springtomize did nothing.

So did deleting the settings file for folderenhancer. The only thing that did is it sent me a message being like welcome to folderenhancer, as if I had installed it for the first time. I have no, no, no idea how that didn't work, but, it didn't.

Just going to take screenshots of each individual screen and reorganize it the way I had it before installing.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Ezrem posted:

Has anyone tried the AnyVoice tweak? It's supposed to change Siri's voice to any nationality.

I set it to English (Australia) and I get a safe mode crash whenever I ask anything.

I hope they get this working because the Australian Siri has loving terrible pronunciation.

Two questions:
-any way to get an Activator Action to skip forward 15 seconds on a podcast?
-is there something that will force the calendar to be god's own Monday-Sunday layout?

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

~Coxy posted:

I hope they get this working because the Australian Siri has loving terrible pronunciation.

Two questions:
-any way to get an Activator Action to skip forward 15 seconds on a podcast?
-is there something that will force the calendar to be god's own Monday-Sunday layout?

for #2 you can set International region format to United Kingdom.. but it also changes a few other things I don't recall (I do this also)

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Jailbroke my iPod Touch 4G this morning. Rebooted it this evening, and it's stuck at the Apple Logo. Holding Power does nothing, holding Power+Home turns it off and right back on, and has it stuck there again.

Any ideas?

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Kheldarn posted:

Jailbroke my iPod Touch 4G this morning. Rebooted it this evening, and it's stuck at the Apple Logo. Holding Power does nothing, holding Power+Home turns it off and right back on, and has it stuck there again.

Any ideas?

Slap it in recovery mode, restore to vanilla 6.1, try it again?

Redlegs
Feb 8, 2003

I think you dropped this
For those of you who use Location Spoofer, stay away for now. It will make Siri unusable.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Redlegs posted:

For those of you who use Location Spoofer, stay away for now. It will make Siri unusable.

Apple's slow servers do that well-enough on their own.

Speaking of which, I heard there's an app that replaces the Siri servers with Google Now. Is that actually real?

voltron
Nov 26, 2000
Zapf gave me this account because he's a friend of the Indian-American people.

Fallom posted:

Apple's slow servers do that well-enough on their own.

Speaking of which, I heard there's an app that replaces the Siri servers with Google Now. Is that actually real?

Google Now? I use Activator and ActiVoice to replace Siri.

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
Hooray for being back on the jailbreak bandwagon! I tried Zephyr and it pissed me off to no end, constantly quitting apps when I wanted to scroll in them, and switching apps when trying to hit toggles in the settings menu. Soooo that's gone now.

It's great to have five icon dock and biteSMS back though!

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

You know you can change that sensitivity level, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
I did not, I just got frustrated and uninstalled it before examining what options it had. Hearing that, though, I'll give it another shot.

• Locked thread