Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:

PTizzle posted:

They should look over the Shield results blindly and call the batsman with the best average back up.

Ponting is about to hit a double-ton and Krejza (there's a name I haven't heard in a while) just got his ton :allears:

That's Krejza's second first class ton :stare:

It would be hilarious if Australia's batsmen fail in India, while Ponting and Mike Hussey crank out tons in the Shield.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

Australia A squad for some ODI's against England Lions:

AusA posted:

Aaron Finch (capt), Tim Paine (vice-capt, wk), Shaun Marsh, Joe Burns, Callum Ferguson, Adam Voges, Ben Cutting, Nathan Coulter-Nile, John Hastings, Kane Richardson, Cameron Boyce, Josh Hazlewood

So O'Keefe is still not good enough.

Hyperriker
Nov 1, 2008

ur fukt m8
I've never seen or read anything about O'Keefe anywhere except here (which of course is part of the problem), where does he play? Is there any footage of him?

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Imagine if this thread was the chief of selectors.

Hyperriker
Nov 1, 2008

ur fukt m8

Mister Chief posted:

Imagine if this thread was the chief of selectors.

Englishmen having a role in picking the Australian side. I like it

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

I don't know any of those guys. I'd probably pick names out of a hat

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

thehappyprince posted:

Good strategy.
How soon can you get on a plane to Australia?

Hyperriker
Nov 1, 2008

ur fukt m8

thehappyprince posted:

Yep, hired.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I'd go with the funniest names. I hope there's a Phil McCracken playing somewhere in Australia.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Is Butt out of jail yet?

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
Yeah he's out I think. Spent 7 months in jail out of the 30 months sentenced. He's having his last attempt at appealing his cricket ban tomorrow.

Rollie Fingers
Jul 28, 2002

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-21363100

quote:

The use of banned drugs in Australian professional sport is "widespread", a year-long investigation has found.

The Australian Crime Commission (ACC) said scientists, coaches and support staff were involved in the provision of drugs across multiple sporting codes, without naming any individuals.

In some cases, the drugs were supplied by organised crime syndicates, it said.

Home Affairs Minister Jason Clare said the findings were "shocking and will disgust Australian sports fans".

Pretty much confirming what we all knew for years.

Looking forward to the records of Warne, McGrath, Hayden, Ponting, etc. being wiped out from the books.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

We don't seem to be very good at cheating.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

All that doping, and they still lose a test to New Zealand. :smugdog:

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Vagabundo posted:

All that doping, and they still lose a test to New Zealand. :smugdog:

Match fixing is included in that ACC report too you know :colbert:

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Much better to be found guilty of that than found guilty of failing to beat the kiwis despite cheating.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

I don't know why people get so worked up about PEDs, just accept they're all at it is what I say. For example do people really think these 18 stone brick shithouse rugby and AFL blokes don't have a bit of "encouragement"?

Obviously I don't include England in that. It's well known that England play all sports in a fair and gentlemanly manner.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Lionel RichTea posted:

I don't know why people get so worked up about PEDs, just accept they're all at it is what I say. For example do people really think these 18 stone brick shithouse rugby and AFL blokes don't have a bit of "encouragement"?

Obviously I don't include England in that. It's well known that England play all sports in a fair and gentlemanly manner.

Tbh we're so bad at cheating it'd be obvious if we were.

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

England Lions got flogged by Victoria. Quiney got a century lol.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

If there is one thing I like about the England/Kiwis series is that they've booked all of the one day cricket before the test matches start as opposed to after. So instead of real cricket followed by a really boring epilogue, you have the limited overs stuff and then the test matches are the main event.

Its a shame theres only 3 tests though.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Today's the 10th anniversary of Andy Flower and Henry Olonga's black-armband mourning of the "death of democracy" in Zimbabwe. There's an interview with Flower and Olonga here.

Pig in the City
Oct 7, 2007

That'll do, pig. That'll do.
Matchfixing has to be subtle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akqSF9iJwzI

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
Or not.

http://youtu.be/IKoc99F8B3U?t=55s

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

It's a shame that the West Indies have to go up against a team of roided out supermen. Clearly they'd rout a clean team.

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
The womens world cup game would probably be more interesting to watch. Australia are 3/18 there.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

They're doing better than the West Indies.

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

Why did the Windies have to bat first. I wanted to see some cricket when I get home.

Cocksmith
Dec 28, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
What genius thought 5 games against these clowns was a good idea?

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

Lionel RichTea posted:

This viewpoint gets trottted out repeatedly in every SAS doping discussion and is always retarded. Allowing PEDs essentially makes it impossible for clean athletes to compete and will just lead to an arms race to find the newest unsanctioned/untested drug to stay ahead of the competition for the rest, resulting in death of players on the pitch or shortly after retirement.

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
I'm still not sure if this is Pollard playing or someone else. Seems like such an unusual innings for him.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Smart batting by Pollard.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Smorgasbord posted:

This viewpoint gets trottted out repeatedly in every SAS doping discussion and is always retarded. Allowing PEDs essentially makes it impossible for clean athletes to compete and will just lead to an arms race to find the newest unsanctioned/untested drug to stay ahead of the competition for the rest, resulting in death of players on the pitch or shortly after retirement.

Just look at retired Eat German women who have huge health problems from doping or Armstrong's cancer was probably triggered by doping in the first place.

Doping is rife in all sports with most countries, the report is just the first one that's actually put it in black and white how widespread it really is.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Smorgasbord posted:

I didn't say it should be allowed did I. I said people just need to accept that it happens and it's widespread.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Lionel RichTea posted:

I didn't say it should be allowed did I. I said people just need to accept that it happens and it's widespread.

Acceptance is as bad as condonation.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Oh whatever. All I was saying that I don't know why people are shocked when it turns out some 18 stone giant who can run the 100m in 11 seconds turns out to be smacked off his tits on something.

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
Australian women beat the English women by two runs. Was a pretty good finish! Much better viewing than this mens poo poo.

Auditore
Nov 4, 2010

Lionel RichTea posted:

Oh whatever. All I was saying that I don't know why people are shocked when it turns out some 18 stone giant who can run the 100m in 11 seconds turns out to be smacked off his tits on something.

Old-time strongmen were demonstrating feats of strength and power ~50 years before test was synthesized (and before modern conveniences such as refrigeration), where many of these records still haven't been broken today.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:
:lol: Pollard shoving a stump down his pants and concealing it with his shirt for no apparent reason.

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

Quanta posted:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-21363100

Pretty much confirming what we all knew for years.

Looking forward to the records of Warne, McGrath, Hayden, Ponting, etc. being wiped out from the books.

Well well well what do we have here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
Yeah it's big news over here for our footy codes but I struggle to care about drugs in sport. It's a good news story compared to the rape allegations we usually hear in the off-season.

• Locked thread