Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

neckbeard posted:

time to start trolling some friends with this

Honestly, if your friends have seen a WRC car, they know 4 cylinders can still do a lot when built professionally, so wheres the trolling?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

CommieGIR posted:

Honestly, if your friends have seen a WRC car, they know 4 cylinders can still do a lot when built professionally, so wheres the trolling?

Have you ever talked to a big Corvette (or Camaro, or Mustang) fan? This poo poo would be sacrilege to them, regardless of what a built-up I4 is capable of.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I too find that fans of the Corvette are typically receptive of engine swaps with half the number of cylinders from a FOREIGN manufacturer.

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

'CUZ HE JUST GOT DUNKED ON!

IOwnCalculus posted:

Actually, given the opening in the grille and what appears to be the edge of a Z06 badge poking out from under a shop cloth, that would actually be a LS7 shortblock being pulled out.

Which makes the troll even better. :getin:

Its probably an automatic or convertible Grand Sport because there's a battery where the dry sump tank should be.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Tell them it's a safety swap. Half the horsepower and torque=double the safety!

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Go for the full troll and say the customer just wanted a reliable engine.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Forward it to a bunch of people as leaked photos of the upcoming C7 fuel efficient option test mule.

Left Ventricle
Feb 24, 2006

Right aorta

sofullofhate posted:

Well I happen to love wagons. And that's why she mentioned that we weren't getting one. :)
No to a station wagon but yes to a Testarossa? I'm terribly conflicted about this... :ohdear:

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Unf.

Deceptor101
Jul 7, 2007

What fun is a project if it doesn't at least slightly ruin your life?

Krakkles posted:

It's a Metro.

It's a drat shame Lemons introduced Class X and pushed away these guys. They were awesome fun to race with, and their engine always stood out so well against the 6k redlines of everyone else.

Deceptor101 fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Feb 6, 2013

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

I love 80s Japan aero.

blk
Dec 19, 2009

Octopus Magic posted:

I love 80s Japan aero.

What are the three in back?

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Pretty sure they are Dome Zero's.

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...

Deceptor101 posted:

It's a drat shame Lemons introduced Class X and pushed away these guys. They were awesome fun to race with, and their engine always stood out so well against the 6k redlines of everyone else.

Problem is that even cool swaps had some even more questionable engineering, and a few so far past the point of triple factory power that unless they had been properly managed from an engineering standpoint, they'd be too dangerous to race. The MetroGnome was awesome in all of its iterations (in the FWD days especially), but has some stupid boneheaded choices made that really conpromise its reliability and handling by people who definitely know better.

I feel so bad for John Pagel, LeMons technical steward. He's an awesome guy (did the Charade cage) and is always extremely friendly, but I can't even imagine the poo poo people bring to technical inspection.

edit: I'm working on a turbocharger setup for the Charade, but 12" Lotus front brakes are a given with it.

Hog Obituary
Jun 11, 2006
start the day right

DJ Commie posted:

edit: I'm working on a turbocharger setup for the Charade, but 12" Lotus front brakes are a given with it.
So the Charade will ride again?

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
(turbo)Charge of the of the light Charade.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Turbo Charade, you say?
http://www.fusion-motorsport.co.uk/customer-cars/73-yasers-charade-gtti-revisited-245bhp.html

Edit: What do we have here on Ebay?

Cool, an 8-series. What engine is it?

Looking good, V12. Pity they're always autos.

Oh. :stare: :awesome:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1991-BMW-850i-Manual-Blue-/321063047412?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item4ac0d950f4

InitialDave fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Feb 6, 2013

DrPain
Apr 29, 2004

Purrfectly priceless
items here.

The kind of women who flock to Ferraris probably won't care about marital status anyway.

Backov
Mar 28, 2010

DrPain posted:

The kind of women who flock to Ferraris probably won't care about marital status anyway.

You may have missed the point.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

InitialDave posted:

Turbo Charade, you say?
http://www.fusion-motorsport.co.uk/customer-cars/73-yasers-charade-gtti-revisited-245bhp.html

Edit: What do we have here on Ebay?

Cool, an 8-series. What engine is it?

Looking good, V12. Pity they're always autos.

Oh. :stare: :awesome:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1991-BMW-850i-Manual-Blue-/321063047412?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item4ac0d950f4

That is such a fantastically good bad idea. Needs new wheels though.

Olivil
Jul 15, 2010

Wow I'd like to be as smart as a computer

drgitlin posted:

That is such a fantastically good bad idea. Needs new wheels though.

Description says he also has the original wheels.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Brigdh
Nov 23, 2007

That's not an oil leak. That's the automatic oil change and chassis protection feature.

Someone didn't graduate from designing cars like a 6 year old?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Cannot Find Server posted:

Have you ever talked to a big Corvette (or Camaro, or Mustang) fan? This poo poo would be sacrilege to them, regardless of what a built-up I4 is capable of.

I showed it to my dad and he thought it was an awesome idea. He wants a Corvette "but without all the noise and gas-guzzling bullshit. Also, how many canoes do you think that roof could support?"

Mezmerized Machine
Dec 29, 2008

Brigdh posted:

Someone didn't graduate from designing cars like a 6 year old?

:eng101: 4-year old

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

PERKULE
This is also from a site like The Onion but still pretty funny.

echoplex
Mar 5, 2008

Stainless Style
Rowan Atkinson's F1 has been repaired:

Click for bigger.

Anarchist Mae
Nov 5, 2009

by Reene
Lipstick Apathy
Hobo rally, I'd watch it.

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel
A friend at work has this car...

Now normally they're not my jam, but seeing it up close and listening to the passion he has for this type of vehicle, I'm impressed.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Lightbulb Out posted:

Now normally they're not my jam, but seeing it up close and listening to the passion he has for this type of vehicle, I'm impressed.

I'd looooooooove to know what kind of mileage he gets out of that. Other than the wheels, it's pretty awesome.

MrKatharsis
Nov 29, 2003

feel the bern
The roulette wheels and whitewalls are my favorite part. That car rules.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Lightbulb Out posted:

That's so nuts that it goes full circle into awesome.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Tusen Takk posted:

PERKULE
This is also from a site like The Onion but still pretty funny.

That's absolutely hysterical.

Measly Twerp posted:

Hobo rally, I'd watch it.

This is absolutely awesome.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Saw this on Magnaflow's facebook today ... it's a cool pic, that gets better when you realize IT WAS TAKEN FROM ANOTHER CAR OMG

Edit to remove spoiler tags since apparently that was way out of line

Krakkles fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Feb 8, 2013

VolumeOverTalent
Jan 27, 2006

Krakkles posted:

Saw this on Magnaflow's facebook today ... it's a cool pic, that gets better when you realize where they took it from.

So where did they take it from? If it's just taken from the leading car, then yeah, cool photo, but what am I missing?

Edit for content: the first of the Fifteen52 Project ST cars. Do want.

Guinness
Sep 15, 2004

That looks like a render, not a photo. That, or it's been post-processed to all hell.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Krakkles posted:

Saw this on Magnaflow's facebook today ... it's a cool pic, that gets better when you realize where they took it from.

A video game?

EightBit
Jan 7, 2006
I spent money on this line of text just to make the "Stupid Newbie" go away.

joat mon posted:

A video game?

My thoughts exactly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel
I don't think it's a video game. It's just neat that it's shot from the drivers side of a car in tandem.