Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

voltron posted:

Google Now? I use Activator and ActiVoice to replace Siri.

I'll take a look at those. Google Now wouldn't be able to handle system functions, anyway I'm sure.

My experience with Siri is pretty much summed up by the fact that every time I asked it to perform the complex task of "Set alarm 6 AM" it would take 30 seconds to a full 5 minutes to actually process it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thirst Mutilator
Dec 13, 2008

overdesigned posted:

I did not, I just got frustrated and uninstalled it before examining what options it had. Hearing that, though, I'll give it another shot.

Also you can turn off either behavior if you don't care for one or the other

Ezrem
Jan 23, 2006

Anyone else getting this from landscape iKeyWi?

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy

Thirst Mutilator posted:

Also you can turn off either behavior if you don't care for one or the other

Switching it from 'close app' to 'launch switcher' makes it a million times better for me, and cranking the sensitivity down on side swipes resolved that issue. I am now a convert, and it's even better with Auxo. Now if Auxo worked on iPad it'd be perfect.

Zorilla
Mar 23, 2005

GOING APE SPIT

Feenix posted:

Not callin' you out, and it's better if you don't answer. But if my twitter-comprehension is up to snuff, the evad3rs are stating that AppSync (a JB app related to running pirated apps on your iDevice.) Makes the fixes for Weather & Boot issues non-functional.

That's pretty funny if that ended up being the culprit for a bunch of people. Bugs that out software pirates are always entertaining. I'm not sure what went wrong on my phone, but I've since flattened-and-restored and everything is working once again. :iiam: Not the most surgical approach, but whatever works.

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

"Mathewson pitched against Cincinnati yesterday. Another way of putting it is that Cincinnati lost a game of baseball."

Zorilla posted:

That's pretty funny if that ended up being the culprit for a bunch of people. Bugs that out software pirates are always entertaining. I'm not sure what went wrong on my phone, but I've since flattened-and-restored and everything is working once again. :iiam: Not the most surgical approach, but whatever works.

I don't have AppSync (or any other pirate programs) but I was getting the weather bug initially. One of the updates fixed it.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

jeffersonlives posted:

I don't have AppSync (or any other pirate programs) but I was getting the weather bug initially. One of the updates fixed it.

You misunderstood... The weather and boot-hanging affected pretty much everyone. AppSync prevented the Cydia-based Jailbreak fix that was released later from fixing the matter.

Switched.on
Apr 25, 2008
So I was using Fullforce to run my iphone version of FFT at full screen on my iPad3. The menus were kinda borky, but battles worked great so that's all I cared about. I grabbed RetinaPad last night, though. The resolution isn't quite as good since I'm just doubling the scale, but it's much more playable and the menus work as they should. I'm not really sure why Apple went with a static 1.5 scale option instead of 2x or a choice between 1-2x.

Manac0r
Oct 25, 2010

by astral
I'm using NCsettings and can't for the life of me remember how to have the volume/brightness slider always available. Is it an extra tweak?

Also what is activoice?

E: Also Nitrous, is it placebo?

Manac0r fucked around with this message at 11:00 on Feb 7, 2013

Bob Harris
Nov 2, 2004

For relaxing times,
make it
Suntory time.
Just jailbroke my 4S on 6.1 yesterday and having a severe memory leak somehow. I'm keeping an eye on available RAM and it drops from 200s to 30MB in less than 3 minutes until the phone auto reboots.

I cannot figure out whats doing this and it's not something I've been experienced with greenpois0n when I was running on iOS 5.1.1

I really don't have too many things running but I'm suspecting IntelliscreenX 6 might be doing it. Is anyone else having these issues?

Here are the things in my mobile substrate

Activator
AppCent (not using)
Clockhide
FlagPaint
FolderEnhancer
GMTSync
Icon Support (not sure what this is)
Infinidock
NCColors
PerPageHTML (HTC weather widget / not using)
Preference Loader (not sure what this is)
WeeLoader
Winterboard
Zepplin
libhide
libstatusbar

I'm also using Clockbuilder, Bytafont and of course SBSettings

Bob Harris fucked around with this message at 11:56 on Feb 7, 2013

NZP
Jan 4, 2013

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Any idea what's causing this?

Bob Harris
Nov 2, 2004

For relaxing times,
make it
Suntory time.
Not a clue. The only thing different I've had this time around since the new jailbreak is FlagPaint, NCColors, and the new version of IntelliscreenX. I've uninstalled all three of those and the problem still exists.

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

I will analyze your nervous system for beer money

Manac0r posted:

E: Also Nitrous, is it placebo?

Not placebo. If you run Sunspider in a third-party browser, the before/after score more than doubles with Nitrous activated. Do I notice any speed differences in the real world though? I'm not that sure...

pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades

Bob Harris posted:

Just jailbroke my 4S on 6.1 yesterday and having a severe memory leak somehow. I'm keeping an eye on available RAM and it drops from 200s to 30MB in less than 3 minutes until the phone auto reboots.

I cannot figure out whats doing this and it's not something I've been experienced with greenpois0n when I was running on iOS 5.1.1

I really don't have too many things running but I'm suspecting IntelliscreenX 6 might be doing it. Is anyone else having these issues?

Here are the things in my mobile substrate

Activator
AppCent (not using)
Clockhide
FlagPaint
FolderEnhancer
GMTSync
Icon Support (not sure what this is)
Infinidock
NCColors
PerPageHTML (HTC weather widget / not using)
Preference Loader (not sure what this is)
WeeLoader
Winterboard
Zepplin
libhide
libstatusbar

I'm also using Clockbuilder, Bytafont and of course SBSettings

I'm having the same issue. I plan on restoring, rejailbreaking, then adding apps back one at a time stating with SBSettings.

Here's my AppInfo list of packages:

Packages
7-zip (POSIX) - 4.57-3p
Activator - 1.7.3
Airplane SBSettings Toggle - 2.2-1
AppInfo - 1.5
APR (/usr/lib) - 1.3.3-2
APT 0.7 (apt-key) - 0.7.25.3-3
APT 0.7 Strict (lib) - 0.7.25.3-10p
AutoProtect for iOs 6 - 2.0-1
Base Structure - 1-4
BigBoss Icon Set - 1.0
Bourne-Again SHell - 4.0.17-13
BytaFont - 1.5
bzip2 - 1.0.5-7
Core Utilities (/bin) - 8.12-7p
Cydia Installer - 1.1.8
Cydia Translations - 1.1.0
Darwin Tools - 1-4
dba-tech Common - 1.0.4.2
Debian Packager - 1.14.25-9
Debian Utilities - 3.3.3ubuntu1-1p
Default HD SBSettings - 1.2
Diff Utilities - 2.8.1-6
diskdev-cmds - 421.7-4
evasi0n 6.0-6.1 Untether - 0.2-3
Find Utilities - 4.2.33-6
Five Icon Dock - 0.9.3381-1
GNU Privacy Guard - 1.4.8-4
gzip - 1.3.12-6
IconSupport - 1.7.10-1
iFile - 1.8.1-1
iOS Firmware - 6.1
iPhone Firmware (/sbin) - 0-1
LastApp - 1:1.1.0-1
libhide - 2.3
libstatusbar - 0.9.4
LockInfo 5 - 5.0.0.13-3
LZMA Utils - 4.32.7-4
Mobile Substrate - 0.9.3999.6
MyWi 6 - 6.00.06
MyWi 6.0 (iOS 6 Library) - 6.00.06
MyWi OnDemand - 6.00.02
NeutrafaceTwofont - 1.1.1
New Curses - 5.7-12
NoNewsIsGoodNews - 1.0
NoSpot - 0.6
OpenSSH - 6.1p1-11
OpenSSL - 0.9.8k-9
PAM (Apple) - 32.1-3
PAM Modules - 36.1-4
pcre - 8.30-5p
PreferenceLoader - 2.0.5-2
Profile Directory - 0-2
readline - 6.0-7
SBSettings - 6.0.4
sbsettingstoggles - 6.0-2
Serious SBSettings HD - 1.4-1
shell-cmds - 118-6
system-cmds - 433.4-12
Tape Archive - 1.19-8
UIKit Tools - 1.1.7
unrar - 3.6.8-2p
unzip - 5.52-5p
WeeLoader - 1.2-1
WeePreferenceLoader - 1.0-1
zip - 2.32-5p

Sigvard
Mar 12, 2005

Protect Ya Neck, Kid
(from crowbars)

bobfather posted:

Not placebo. If you run Sunspider in a third-party browser, the before/after score more than doubles with Nitrous activated. Do I notice any speed differences in the real world though? I'm not that sure...

Yea. Facebook, Chrome, Alien Blue, Awful, etc., are so much faster now.

Bob Harris
Nov 2, 2004

For relaxing times,
make it
Suntory time.
Just FYI, I might have narrowed it down to NCColors that was causing the memory leak on my device. I checked the package update notes and noticed the last two updates were 'memory leak' fixes. I HOPE there is another update for this tweak because I really like it. Until then, it looks like I have to abandon it. I uninstalled it, and my available memory is now stabilized. Has anyone else had this issue?

Bob Harris fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Feb 7, 2013

Bouchacha
Feb 7, 2006

Is there a way to see the notification screen on the lockscreen without Lockinfo? I want to avoid having Lockinfo download Activator since I find the latter an unnecessary drain.

Springtomize 2 is amazing, exactly what I wanted for a while. Speeding up system animations alone is a godsend.

Paco de Suave
Sep 13, 2004
photographs of the best time you had
window smudged by the speed

Sigvard posted:

Yea. Facebook, Chrome, Alien Blue, Awful, etc., are so much faster now.

This was totally worth the $.99, there really is a huge difference.

bonzaisushi
Nov 15, 2003

doo dee doo dmt, lsd doo dmt, lsd doo dmt...

Fallom posted:

Apple's slow servers do that well-enough on their own.

Speaking of which, I heard there's an app that replaces the Siri servers with Google Now. Is that actually real?

Its called Nownow… works great, but you cant use any other siri commands after its installed ex: Wake me up at 8am...

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003
Yeah but how's your battery life?

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS

Paco de Suave posted:

This was totally worth the $.99, there really is a huge difference.

Seriously. Nitrous is a solid recommendation.

Bouchacha
Feb 7, 2006

Also, BiteSMS suggests installing SBSettings in order to have a toggle to get rid of SMS notification pop-up. This all seems circuitous, so is there a simpler solution to disabling sms pop-ups?

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

Bouchacha posted:

Also, BiteSMS suggests installing SBSettings in order to have a toggle to get rid of SMS notification pop-up. This all seems circuitous, so is there a simpler solution to disabling sms pop-ups?

You can set it so only tapping the notification opens the quick reply popup.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Bouchacha posted:

Is there a way to see the notification screen on the lockscreen without Lockinfo? I want to avoid having Lockinfo download Activator since I find the latter an unnecessary drain.

Springtomize 2 is amazing, exactly what I wanted for a while. Speeding up system animations alone is a godsend.
Bam. Springtomize 2 rules.

@FilippoBiga
Just submitted Springtomize 1.4.1-1: many bug fixes and enable Notification Center in the Lockscreen! It will be available soon in Cydia.

quote:

Fixed:
- Springtomize app scaled to support iPhone 5
- status bar items not hiding properly
- improved handling of status bar items
- app switcher inactive apps handling not working properly
- app switcher custom number of icons not applying
- app switcher "Start Editing" not working properly
- safe mode crash caused by certain features
- Infinidock 2.0 compatibility for the Dock Flow feature

New:
- show Notification Center from Lockscreen

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

STRONG as an OX and TWICE as SMART
Dumb question: is there a tweak that allows to have the title of apps to be as long as I want? Seeing Mag...let for Mage Gauntlet is obnoxious.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Sweet, springtomize update.

I'll have to check out nitrous. I use the poo poo out of awful app.

Robo-Pope
Feb 28, 2007

It has big taste.

Ezrem posted:

Anyone else getting this from landscape iKeyWi?

No, but this is hilarious.

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus
Should the evasi0n update show up in Cydia, or do I need to redo the whole process with a computer? Nothing has shown up in my Cydia updates.

Tedronai66
Aug 24, 2006
Better to Reign in Hell...

Christoff posted:

Sweet, springtomize update.

I'll have to check out nitrous. I use the poo poo out of awful app.

One of the major things I noticed with nitrous and the alien blue app was youtube links finally loving had sound without opening in chrome/safari.

Nitrous + tcpoptimizer basically makes my 4s not suck poo poo through a straw on wifi anymore.

Bouchacha
Feb 7, 2006

Kazy posted:

You can set it so only tapping the notification opens the quick reply popup.

Much appreciated, exactly what I wanted.

Ozu posted:

Bam. Springtomize 2 rules.

@FilippoBiga
Just submitted Springtomize 1.4.1-1: many bug fixes and enable Notification Center in the Lockscreen! It will be available soon in Cydia.
Wow. The update is already available.

Bouchacha
Feb 7, 2006

Anyone else having trouble installing MobileTerminal?

averox
Feb 28, 2005

:dukedog:
Fun Shoe
Well that was an interesting quark on my mini last night. I had Activator installed but never even configured anything in it. Every time I hit volume down it would shoot to zero volume. Go into Activator and set it to one step down every where that I could and it would still shoot to down to zero upon hitting volume down. Had to reset all the settings in Activator for my volume down to function to its defaults. Take note that I hadn't even run Activator before this.

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...
Is there any other app that adds NC widgets to the lockscreen? Springtomize seems like it's too bloated.

Klowns
May 13, 2009

Laugh At Me Will They?

Tedronai66 posted:

One of the major things I noticed with nitrous and the alien blue app was youtube links finally loving had sound without opening in chrome/safari.

Nitrous + tcpoptimizer basically makes my 4s not suck poo poo through a straw on wifi anymore.

What Cydia source address is tcpoptimizer on? I'd be interested in trying it out for when I'm on my work's lovely WiFi.

V V V
Thanks!

Klowns fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Feb 7, 2013

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Klowns posted:

What Cydia source address is tcpoptimizer on? I'd be interested in trying it out for when I'm on my work's lovely WiFi.
http://cydia.pushfix.info

radge
Jan 21, 2005

Bouchacha posted:

Anyone else having trouble installing MobileTerminal?

Just get prompt from the appstore and connect to 127.0.0.1.

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...
My iPhone crashed, and now it's locking up during the boot sequence (black screen, Apple logo). Is there any way to force a safe mode boot without getting into the iOS? I would assume it would just automatically try that anyways after a crash, so... it seems like I need to wipe my phone. And here I am at work, and I've got a 50-60 minute drive home without my music...

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

Revol posted:

My iPhone crashed, and now it's locking up during the boot sequence (black screen, Apple logo). Is there any way to force a safe mode boot without getting into the iOS? I would assume it would just automatically try that anyways after a crash, so... it seems like I need to wipe my phone. And here I am at work, and I've got a 50-60 minute drive home without my music...

Restore with DFU mode.

And maybe if you weren't such a cheapass and actually paid for 99 cent apps, you wouldn't have this problem. It's caused by AppSync

edit: Is there an app that will open email links in Gmail? I like the Gmail app but there doesn't seem to be an easy way to use it while still being able to send from its email account.

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003

Kazy posted:

Restore with DFU mode.

And maybe if you weren't such a cheapass and actually paid for 99 cent apps, you wouldn't have this problem. It's caused by AppSync

edit: Is there an app that will open email links in Gmail? I like the Gmail app but there doesn't seem to be an easy way to use it while still being able to send from its email account.

It happened to me after I installed SpotRemove :ssh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

I will analyze your nervous system for beer money

Revol posted:

Try holding volume up through the entire boot process. That's supposed to put you into safe mode.

If that doesn't work, restore.

• Locked thread