Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paco de Suave
Sep 13, 2004
photographs of the best time you had
window smudged by the speed

Kazy posted:

Restore with DFU mode.

And maybe if you weren't such a cheapass and actually paid for 99 cent apps, you wouldn't have this problem. It's caused by AppSync

edit: Is there an app that will open email links in Gmail? I like the Gmail app but there doesn't seem to be an easy way to use it while still being able to send from its email account.

Actually, AppSync only blocked the update that fixed this. It's not what caused the boot problems, dick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
What are most people preference between LockInfo 5 and IntelliscreenX 6?

in_cahoots
Sep 12, 2011

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

What are most people preference between LockInfo 5 and IntelliscreenX 6?

Lockinfo 5 is pretty buggy right now (it's still in beta), and I'm not loving the new layout. I was actually intrigued by Springtomize's new option to have your notification center in the lockscreen, but it's not working for me.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

^ it's only for sliding it down it doesn't just automatically show like I thought too

Intelliscreen was cool and intuitive but when using the trial the other day I figured I'd never use the features.

Daryl Surat
Apr 6, 2002

I don't care what you say about this post, but if anyone steps on my bunion, I'll kill them!

averox posted:

Well that was an interesting quark on my mini last night. I had Activator installed but never even configured anything in it. Every time I hit volume down it would shoot to zero volume. Go into Activator and set it to one step down every where that I could and it would still shoot to down to zero upon hitting volume down. Had to reset all the settings in Activator for my volume down to function to its defaults. Take note that I hadn't even run Activator before this.

I was losing my mind trying to figure out what suddenly caused this to start happening, since I was in the same boat. Thanks.

Does anyone know if there is an app yet that will randomize the lockscreen each time you lock your phone if you just point it to a folder / photo album? In the past, I used to use Winterboard to install a custom theme where I'd manually edit a wallpaper.html file to individually list out every possible lockscreen image file. Every other program I've encountered requires some sort of similar manual editing.

Yeti Yeti Yeti
Mar 27, 2010
Does anyone remember the name of the thing that lets you change the notification sound of any app?

Paco de Suave
Sep 13, 2004
photographs of the best time you had
window smudged by the speed

I want to send/receive SMS on my ipad. Is there a program that will sync up with messages on my iphone and let me do this?

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber

Paco de Suave posted:

I want to send/receive SMS on my ipad. Is there a program that will sync up with messages on my iphone and let me do this?

WifiSMS?

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you
Man I wish I didn't get the damned HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error every time I try to download something from repo's

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.
I can't remember what cydia tweak this was, but when an email notification banner would come to the phone there would be a X button on the right so that you could close it immediately. Anyone remember?

So nice to have a jailbroken phone again.

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS
Oh, I like the smell of my own dumps.
A Skype app update came out today, and it gave me the doesn't work on jailbreak message. So, I said okay, but now it turned on sounds and notifications, and removed the options to disable them. Is that something that can be fixed?

Hamburlgar
Dec 31, 2007

WANTED
Uhg, I have iOS update time.

Created backup and used AptBackup in Cydia to backup Cydia apps and updated to 6.1 via iTunes. Went into recovery mode and then a reboot loop twice. Then had to do a fresh restore/update to manage to update it. - that took a while. And to top it off AptBackup didn't wok and now I have to install all my tweaks from scratch :/

EDIT: That's not even the worst! Now I'm getting a "size mismatch" when trying to install Cyia apps.

Xenomorph
Jun 13, 2001

Bouchacha posted:

Anyone else having trouble installing MobileTerminal?

It installs fine. But MobileTerminal is pretty terrible. Ugly and buggy.

Just go with OpenSSH + any SSH app on the App Store.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Hamburlgar posted:

Created backup and used AptBackup in Cydia to backup Cydia apps and updated to 6.1 via iTunes. Went into recovery mode and then a reboot loop twice. Then had to do a fresh restore/update to manage to update it. - that took a while. And to top it off AptBackup didn't wok and now I have to install all my tweaks from scratch :/

EDIT: That's not even the worst! Now I'm getting a "size mismatch" when trying to install Cyia apps.

Your first and last mistake was using APTBACKUP. That thing is a piece of poo poo.

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

Kazy posted:

You can set it so only tapping the notification opens the quick reply popup.

How do you do this?

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

Vintimus Prime posted:

How do you do this?

Bitesms > Settings > Quick Reply > unlock mode

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003

Feenix posted:

Your first and last mistake was using APTBACKUP. That thing is a piece of poo poo.

Not only that but, the JB just came out and you expected every tweak you had before to work just like that? I've had loops and I've individually tested pretty much every tweak and backed up religiously.

Bouchacha
Feb 7, 2006

Hamburlgar posted:

Just the fact that many apps still aren't compatible with iOS 6 (or offer a different version for that) should be enough dissuasion to start from scratch.

Bob Harris
Nov 2, 2004

For relaxing times,
make it
Suntory time.
I posed a question about RAM getting drained at a substantial rate earlier but no one has really addressed it.

Sorry to keep bringing it up again, but how is everyone dealing with this? Has anyone noticed NCColors sucking RAM away until a reboot happens?

Other than manually deleting unnecessary daemons, what can I do to stop RAM from being eaten-up for no reason?

I just fresh restored my 4S, so we'll see if there is any major difference this time around.

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Is anyone having a problem with the appstore not being able to load the update page? It just never loads and eventually tells me it failed to load.

I'm able to load every other page in the app store.

Edit:So apperantly it was appsync 4.x-6.x that was breaking this. Nvm.

Pilfered Pallbearers fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Feb 8, 2013

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

DFU'd, then SHIFT+Click restored my iPod, and re-jailbroke, and now I can reboot just fine.

I think the issue was related to SiriPort. I installed the verison from SiriPort.ru. When I went into Settings and turned it on, I'd get some options to configure, but the On slider would instantly revert to Off. Then I discovered SiriPort.us, removed the .RU verison, and was attempting to install that (the .US version).

That was when I got stuck on the reboot.

I'm going to try installing SiriPort.us after dinner tonight, but before I do, I was wondering if anyone else managed to install it and have it work?

Fiki
Dec 5, 2006
You mean Gumbercules? I love that guy!

Kingnothing posted:

Is anyone having a problem with the appstore not being able to load the update page? It just never loads and eventually tells me it failed to load.

I'm able to load every other page in the app store.

Edit:So apperantly it was appsync 4.x-6.x that was breaking this. Nvm.

I'm not sure it could be this appsync thing since I haven't had a chance to jailbreak yet due to travel and I'm having the same issue with the update page not loading on my ipad 4.

Valencia
Feb 1, 2005

Cyril, go lock up the product before Cokie Monster here gobbles it all up.

:catdrugs:
Small bug I'm noticing: When I receive an email and try to open the lockscreen to view it, the screen freezes and won't respond to anything. I have to press the lock button twice to get it to respond again.

I'm on a 4S and all I've installed this go-round are 5 Icon Dock, BiteSMS, Nitrous, MyWi, 3G Unrestrictor and BytaFont. Anyone else run into this or have an idea of how to remedy it?

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Fiki posted:

I'm not sure it could be this appsync thing since I haven't had a chance to jailbreak yet due to travel and I'm having the same issue with the update page not loading on my ipad 4.

The second I removed appsync it worked, and it hasn't been working all day. Could be coincidence though.

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

Kingnothing posted:

The second I removed appsync it worked, and it hasn't been working all day. Could be coincidence though.

Never heard of appsync and it's happening to me as well.

E: as an aside, if Auxo is crashing you constantly- there is a conflict with LockdownPro the devs know about.

spongeworthy fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Feb 8, 2013

Economic Sinkhole
Mar 14, 2002
Pillbug

Valencia posted:

Small bug I'm noticing: When I receive an email and try to open the lockscreen to view it, the screen freezes and won't respond to anything. I have to press the lock button twice to get it to respond again.

I'm on a 4S and all I've installed this go-round are 5 Icon Dock, BiteSMS, Nitrous, MyWi, 3G Unrestrictor and BytaFont. Anyone else run into this or have an idea of how to remedy it?

It's BiteSMS and they're aware of the issue. Hopefully the next release will have a fix.

Mr Hands Colon posted:

I can't remember what cydia tweak this was, but when an email notification banner would come to the phone there would be a X button on the right so that you could close it immediately. Anyone remember?

So nice to have a jailbroken phone again.

NCQuickDismiss adds the X. You can also just swipe the notification to dismiss it, no tweak required.

Economic Sinkhole fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Feb 8, 2013

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Yup. SiriPort.us is the problem.

So, anyone who was using it on iOS 5.1.1, it doesn't work with iOS 6.1. I know at least one person in the thread mentioned that they were looking forward to having it back. Sorry it doesn't work, but hey, at least I went through the trouble of restoring and rejailbreaking twice so you don't have to.

Meanwhile, are there any alternatives to Siri(Port)?

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

Kazy posted:

Bitesms > Settings > Quick Reply > unlock mode

Thank you!

Mastodon Henley
Aug 12, 2003

So... how's your girl?
No appsync here either, and I had the empty AppStore update page issue. Updated apps via iTunes, synced, working once again.

TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

How do I get Wunderground to replace the Weather.app in the notification center?

Xenomorph
Jun 13, 2001

basmati posted:

No appsync here either, and I had the empty AppStore update page issue. Updated apps via iTunes, synced, working once again.

The App Store is just all kinds of hosed on iOS 6. It was empty for me, the Top Charts was empty, no Categories were listed, etc.

I restored back to stock, and it was still that way. It's unrelated to the jailbreak. Apple is doing something server-side.

Wario In Real Life
Nov 9, 2009

by T. Finninho

Kazy posted:

And maybe if you weren't such a cheapass and actually paid for 99 cent apps, you wouldn't have this problem. It's caused by AppSync
That honestly sounds like stupid conjecture created and spread by uppity forums posters to give them a reason to hop on that high horse and preach.

I've got no problem with shaming someone for piracy, but there's almost no way that AppSync itself could possibly the reason for the crashes. The Evasion break is buggy, and a lot of different people are experiencing a lot of different things. Even those who have never heard of AppSync.

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011
I know this is a :rolleyes: topic, but has anyone's battery life on iOS 6 been distressingly bad? I'm not talking about the "my battery percentage went from 90% to 88% in 2 minutes" whining. My 4S has gone from ~70% to 20% in under 4 hours, and it was on standby the entire time with no backgrounded apps.

Also, my phone has been randomly respringing/restarting, which has never happened before until yesterday. The only new apps I've installed on iOS 6 are Kill background (Remove background SBSettings toggle doesn't work) and Autoprotect so I'm not sure if it's the evasi0n JB being buggy or a poorly iOS6-ported Cydia app.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

That lock screen in the OP looks very nice. Does anyone have any idea what that is?

Thirst Mutilator
Dec 13, 2008

obi_ant posted:

That lock screen in the OP looks very nice. Does anyone have any idea what that is?

Typophone 4 in Cydia. It should install all the necessary things for you if you download it.

Bob Harris
Nov 2, 2004

For relaxing times,
make it
Suntory time.

IncendiaC posted:

I know this is a :rolleyes: topic, but has anyone's battery life on iOS 6 been distressingly bad? I'm not talking about the "my battery percentage went from 90% to 88% in 2 minutes" whining. My 4S has gone from ~70% to 20% in under 4 hours, and it was on standby the entire time with no backgrounded apps.

Also, my phone has been randomly respringing/restarting, which has never happened before until yesterday. The only new apps I've installed on iOS 6 are Kill background (Remove background SBSettings toggle doesn't work) and Autoprotect so I'm not sure if it's the evasi0n JB being buggy or a poorly iOS6-ported Cydia app.

You only posted the new apps you've installed but do you by chance have IntelliscreenX or NCColors installed? Those both have been destroying my available ram and making my phone reboot about twice an hour. I also have a 4S.

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011

Bob Harris posted:

You only posted the new apps you've installed but do you by chance have IntelliscreenX or NCColors installed? Those both have been destroying my available ram and making my phone reboot about twice an hour. I also have a 4S.

Not those specific apps, but those symptoms are similar to mine. RAM's steadily decreasing on its own, random reboots, and the battery drain is like I'm constantly playing Infinity Blade 2. Off the top of my head I have: Activator, Autoprotect for iOS 6, Barrel, f.lux, Snes9x emulator, Fakeclockup, KillBG, Springtomize, TCP optimizer, and Zephyr. Plus the standard SBSettings and the like.

e: and the 4S just shut down in under an hour from 20%. It'd be nice if I knew what was causing it. I wasn't even using the drat thing :mad:

Bob Harris
Nov 2, 2004

For relaxing times,
make it
Suntory time.
Not really familiar with most of those apps but from what I've noticed, anything that messes with notification center seems to be the problem for my phone.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Thirst Mutilator posted:

Typophone 4 in Cydia. It should install all the necessary things for you if you download it.

Silly question but does this work at all for a 5? Or is everything locked for a smaller screen?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades

Bob Harris posted:

I restored and re-jailbroke. I now have SBSettings, AppInfo, Five Icon Dock, OpenSSH, and NoNewsIsGoodNews installed w/ no RAM issues so far.

The only things left are:

BytaFont w/ NeutraFace Two
NoSpot
MyWi
LockInfo 5

• Locked thread