Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Delaware: Technically still a first world area.

But only technically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apsouthern
May 24, 2007

Chain Gang Soldier
What seems to have happened with the GutCheck voting is that they changed it to take the top three through from each bracket when they realised that the people winning the votes weren't the people they wanted to win. They then changed it again by allowing unlimited voting (Click, vote, refresh, click, vote) so suddenly "nobodies from like Delaware" were overtaking the likes of LuFisto. They have now suspended GutCheck completely "due to a number of issues with the voting"

http://www.impactwrestling.com/gutcheckchallenge

:rolleyes:

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
It wouldn't be a wrestling fan vote without someone throwing a shitfit that fans didn't vote the way they where supposed to.

Edwardian
May 4, 2010

"Can we have a bit of decorum on this forum?"

Zyla posted:

Delaware: Technically still a first world area.

But only technically.

They don't call it "Lower, slower Delawaaaaaar" for nothing.

FWIW, you can see dudes that look just like the Briscoes - blood and all - if you dare venture into a Smyrna WalMart.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Gonzo McFee posted:

It wouldn't be a wrestling fan vote without someone throwing a shitfit that fans didn't vote the way they where supposed to.

It's their own fault for allowing unlimited voting, but if it boils down to Lufisto getting a shot, or some nobodies from Delaware who probably suck I'll let it slide.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Gonzo McFee posted:

I don't know if they intended on giving the indy darlings a shot or not, but I went through all the options one day and there were people wrestling on a much smaller scale than NWA-MSW (I'm talking 10 people per show) with an overwhelming majority of votes. So yeah, that's no fun.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

There were also people in there that seemed to be put in without their knowledge or consent. It strains credibility that Arda Ocal would've signed up for that unless it was some kind of joke.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

flashy_mcflash posted:

There were also people in there that seemed to be put in without their knowledge or consent. It strains credibility that Arda Ocal would've signed up for that unless it was some kind of joke.

I know there was another female wrestler in there other than Lufisto (Courtney Rush?) who was quite pissed that her real name was publicly released without her approval or knowledge.

apsouthern
May 24, 2007

Chain Gang Soldier

Thauros posted:

I know there was another female wrestler in there other than Lufisto (Courtney Rush?) who was quite pissed that her real name was publicly released without her approval or knowledge.

I think it was Courtney Rush. Where's DMPunk when you need him?

Oh...

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

@BradMaddoxIsWWE posted:

Pop quiz for the day: See if you can Name 5 people in @WWE hotter than Brad Maddox. #peoplehotterthanbrad

Brad Maddox is awesome, though this is a little easy.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

njsykora posted:

Justin Gabriel, Justin Gabriel, Justin Gabriel, Justin Gabriel, Justin Gabriel?
;-*

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

njsykora posted:

Randy Orton, Dolph Ziggler, Alberto Del Rio, Chris Jericho, Justin Gabriel, David Otunga, Evan Bourne, John Cena, and Daniel Bryan.

:gay:

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

Gatts posted:

Randy Orton, Dolph Ziggler, Alberto Del Rio, Chris Jericho, Justin Gabriel, David Otunga, Evan Bourne, John Cena, and Daniel Bryan.

:gay:

The Rock, Roman Reigns

We're.. ignoring the girls right.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Of course we're ignoring the girls!!!

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

njsykora posted:

Antonio Cesaro, Cody Rhodes, Daniel Bryan, Fandango, Alberto Del Rio.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Brodus Clay, Tensai, Earthquake, Kamala, Yokozuna, Bastion Booger, Mantaur.

edit: i for got big daddy v

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Follow up.

@BradMaddoxIsWWE posted:

For those of you who wrote silly things like janitors, ticket takers, homeless people, bo dallas.. this was supposed to be a serious poll

Anyone who takes a shot at Bo is alright in my book. Seriously that Bo out of nowhere had me in loving tears.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

OK, I am coming around to Braddox.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

njsykora posted:

Yeah, because the answer is nobody :colbert:

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.

Bard Maddox posted:

No no, it's... EVERYBODY!

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Bard Maddox posted:

Suben posted:

No no, it's... EVERYBODY!

Dammit, now there has to be an angle where Maddox uses his HeymanGiomatti money to buy the Mortis gimmick off of ebay.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
Roman Reigns, Cody Rhodes...

Uhhhh. gently caress.

I think Brad Maddox wins.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
Guess the age of the person running the Twitter: https://twitter.com/mikethemizen

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

404GoonNotFound posted:

Dammit, now there has to be an angle where Maddox uses his HeymanGiomatti money to buy the Mortis gimmick off of ebay.

I kind of want a gimmick where a Wrestler is like M. Bison. A ruler of his own country who has his own currency and whatnot. He tries to buy Americans to show how inferior and dumb they are and they only realize afterwards they've been duped. Perhaps he is earnest in saying "No, no, visit my country, you'll be rich!"

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Paper Jam Dipper posted:

Guess the age of the person running the Twitter: https://twitter.com/mikethemizen
32?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Paper Jam Dipper posted:

not quite as funny as Hajeed Manji

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

coconono posted:

not quite as funny as Hajeed Manji

Hajeed got ran into the ground. Like most things /wooo/ does.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Guys you missed the obvious one:

Kane

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

@KassiusOhno posted:

Win some. Ya lose some. Teeth, that is...

He then posted a picture of a bunch of his teeth in the hands of a doctor. He also got a reply from Yoshi Tatsu.

@YoshiTatsuWWE posted:

You are getting closer to your hero Kawada ! Take care!

Which Ohno RTed and then replied with this.

@KassiusOhno posted:

I think @YoshiTatsuWWE is right. I'm just livin' that Toshiaki Kawada life.. #DangerousK

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
CM Punk got in on it.

@CMPunk posted:

Ten years ago, @KassiusOhno beat me in an unsanctioned overtime after 90 minutes of competition. Today, @xavierwoodsphd collected the bounty

edit: whoops post is not edit

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
It never really hit me until that tweet that we could see Hero vs Punk's rivalry re-ignite over 10 years later in the largest company in the world. :psyduck:

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Flameingblack posted:

It never really hit me until that tweet that we could see Hero vs Punk's rivalry re-ignite over 10 years later in the largest company in the world. :psyduck:

The future is bright :cool:

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Gatts posted:

I kind of want a gimmick where a Wrestler is like M. Bison. A ruler of his own country who has his own currency and whatnot. He tries to buy Americans to show how inferior and dumb they are and they only realize afterwards they've been duped. Perhaps he is earnest in saying "No, no, visit my country, you'll be rich!"

I think if they'd kept Sandow with the hardcore Libertarian gimmick he had in FCW they could've expanded it to something like this. He could have long promos about getting people to buy Bitcoins.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Got to love Ohno giving Jay Brisco a shout out on twitter as well. "Terry Funk ain't wear no MouthPIECE"

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

flashy_mcflash posted:

I think if they'd kept Sandow with the hardcore Libertarian gimmick he had in FCW they could've expanded it to something like this.

Oh my god this sounds like the best thing. Is any of it on youtube or something?

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Gatts posted:

Close enough.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Well, there is a wrestler who basically IS M. Bison.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

dsriggs posted:

Close enough.

HUSTLE really was the best thing, wasn't it?

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

404GoonNotFound posted:

HUSTLE really was the best thing, wasn't it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6SczFso6Mo

Yes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRvFekn44dw

Yes it was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
HUSTLE: The only federation where finger lasers were a legal move.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V68c3-0j6RU