Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

why won't it stop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Sagebrush posted:

why won't it stop

I don't know

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Sagebrush posted:

ahahahaahahahaah this is awesome and i really really hate you now

fork bomb
Apr 26, 2010

:shroom::shroom:

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

the only moral amendment is my amendment

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Detroit Q. Spider posted:

þ is from english :ssh:

not AMERICAN english, i.e. the only language relevant to the yosprofessional (code monkeys)

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Lutha Mahtin posted:

yosprofessional

no such thing

LP97S
Apr 25, 2008

Lutha Mahtin posted:

yosprofessional

that awful man
Feb 18, 2007

YOSPOS, bitch

LP97S
Apr 25, 2008
The film is the only installment of the series that credits the family’s name spelled as “Griswald”, instead of "Griswold".

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

not a mac voted 1

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matilda_(chicken)#Magic_career

AtomD
May 3, 2009

Fun Shoe

Pardot posted:

00:00:00,000 --> 00:00:04,000
Tuuu, pó pi pó pópó pi pó pó pi

00:00:06,000 --> 00:00:09,000
Qui puóóóórr cu ri uóóór

00:00:09,000 --> 00:00:12,000
Piiiriiiriii póóhh whiiii

00:00:12,000 --> 00:00:14,000
anhô anhô wiiii

00:00:14,000 --> 00:00:21,000
tchaaaaahhh puaaaoooooaaahhhhh

00:00:21,000 --> 00:00:24,000
prããããa uãuãã

00:00:24,000 --> 00:00:27,000
sshhhhhhshshhhhhhh

:( they removed it

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

PleasingFungus posted:

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Oniichan_CD

for a 'fun' time, click play on all of them in quick succession

why does this exist

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Yodzilla posted:

why does this exist

you already know the answer

FamDav
Mar 29, 2008
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloomers_(clothing)#Bloomers_in_Japan

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Some people are interested in bloomers in clothing fetish context.[6]

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

prefect posted:

Some people are interested in bloomers in clothing fetish context.[wikipedians]

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

A meet-cute is a situation in which a future romantic couple meets for the first time in a way that is considered adorable, entertaining, or amusing.[1]

This type of situation is a staple of romantic comedies, commonly involving contrived, unusual, or comic circumstances. The technique creates an artificial situation contrived by the filmmakers in order to bring together characters in an entertaining manner. Frequently the meet-cute leads to a humorous clash of personalities or beliefs, embarrassing situations, or comical misunderstandings that further drive the plot.
Use of "meet cute" situations

[The character] is conveniently importuned by this attractive young fellow she happens to run into—to "meet cute," as they say—on a Fifth Avenue bus.
Bosley Crowther, in his February 1964 review of Sunday in New York[2]

The term is widely used by screenwriters. Billy Wilder uses it in his Paris Review interview in relation to his 1938 film Bluebeard's Eighth Wife, for instance. Film critics such as Roger Ebert[3] or the Associated Press' Christy Lemire popularized the term in their reviews. In Ebert's commentary for the DVD of Beyond the Valley of the Dolls, which he co-wrote, he describes the scene where law student Emerson Thorne bumps into the female character Petronella Danforth. Ebert admits that he, as the screenwriter, wrote into the script a "classic Hollywood meet cute." He explains the meet cute as a scene "in which somebody runs into somebody else, and then something falls, and the two people began to talk, and their eyes meet and they realize that they are attracted to one another."

In the 2006 romantic American comedy The Holiday, one of the characters, Arthur, an elderly script writer played by Eli Wallach, explains a meet-cute with an example: "It's how two characters meet in a movie. Say a man and a woman both need something to sleep in, and they both go to the same mens pajama department. And the man says to the salesman: 'I just need bottoms'. The woman says: 'I just need a top'. They look at each other, and that's the meet-cute". Arthur is in fact describing the meet-cute between Gary Cooper and Claudette Colbert in Bluebeard's Eighth Wife.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

qirex posted:

And the man says to the salesman: 'I just need bottoms'. The woman says: 'I just need a top'. They look at each other, and that's the meet-cute

yuck

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

what is wrong with those people that they wear out or lose or destroy only one half of a pair of pjs, and are so cheap that they go and attempt to buy a replacement half rather than just getting an entirely new set

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
what is wrong with those people who must only buy pj's in full sets

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
why sure, let me go put clothes on for bed YOUR MAJESTY

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.

qirex posted:

A meet-cute is a situation in which a future romantic couple meets for the first time in a way that is considered adorable, entertaining, or amusing.[1]

This type of situation is a staple of romantic comedies, commonly involving contrived, unusual, or comic circumstances. The technique creates an artificial situation contrived by the filmmakers in order to bring together characters in an entertaining manner. Frequently the meet-cute leads to a humorous clash of personalities or beliefs, embarrassing situations, or comical misunderstandings that further drive the plot.
Use of "meet cute" situations

[The character] is conveniently importuned by this attractive young fellow she happens to run into—to "meet cute," as they say—on a Fifth Avenue bus.
Bosley Crowther, in his February 1964 review of Sunday in New York[2]

The term is widely used by screenwriters. Billy Wilder uses it in his Paris Review interview in relation to his 1938 film Bluebeard's Eighth Wife, for instance. Film critics such as Roger Ebert[3] or the Associated Press' Christy Lemire popularized the term in their reviews. In Ebert's commentary for the DVD of Beyond the Valley of the Dolls, which he co-wrote, he describes the scene where law student Emerson Thorne bumps into the female character Petronella Danforth. Ebert admits that he, as the screenwriter, wrote into the script a "classic Hollywood meet cute." He explains the meet cute as a scene "in which somebody runs into somebody else, and then something falls, and the two people began to talk, and their eyes meet and they realize that they are attracted to one another."

In the 2006 romantic American comedy The Holiday, one of the characters, Arthur, an elderly script writer played by Eli Wallach, explains a meet-cute with an example: "It's how two characters meet in a movie. Say a man and a woman both need something to sleep in, and they both go to the same mens pajama department. And the man says to the salesman: 'I just need bottoms'. The woman says: 'I just need a top'. They look at each other, and that's the meet-cute". Arthur is in fact describing the meet-cute between Gary Cooper and Claudette Colbert in Bluebeard's Eighth Wife.

this is the wikipedia thread, not tvtropes

and if this is actually on wikipedia, smdh

Guido van Possum
Apr 7, 2012

by T. Finninho

Sagebrush posted:

what is wrong with those people that they wear out or lose or destroy only one half of a pair of pjs, and are so cheap that they go and attempt to buy a replacement half rather than just getting an entirely new set

some people can mix and match the clothes that they sleep in

but only some people

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Guido van Possum posted:

some people can mix and match the clothes that they sleep in

but only some people

Hot girls

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

I usually wear pajama pants and a t shirt. FYI

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/You

computer toucher
Jan 8, 2012

Don't kinkshame.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Cantorsdust posted:

this is the wikipedia thread, not tvtropes

and if this is actually on wikipedia, smdh

can there really be the most worthless thing on tvtropes?

LP97S
Apr 25, 2008
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_films_featuring_home_invasions

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

doesn't include home alone, yeah p worthless

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
The 2003–2010 version of the puzzle globe logo of Wikipedia, representing its multilingualism, contained a Klingon character. The updated logo removed the character and substituted one from the Ge'ez script.

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA

Cold on a Cob posted:

The 2003–2010 version of the puzzle globe logo of Wikipedia, representing its multilingualism, contained a Klingon character. The updated logo removed the character and substituted one from the Ge'ez script.

nah
Mar 16, 2009

Cold on a Cob posted:

welp

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe

Cold on a Cob posted:

holy poo poo

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Klingon_Wikipedia

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Little_Pony:_Fighting_Is_Magic

how do you put an article up for deletion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
As originally developed by screenwriter Gene L. Coon, Klingons were darkly colored humanoids with little honor,