Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Those are basically really good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JumbocactuarX27
Jan 9, 2011

Blargh! I'm a space parasite!

Len posted:

I don't know if this was ever posted in the thread but it's magical.

Edit: Apparently this is a thing that gets done on youtube a lot? Power Rangers

It's definitely a thing. I had 1.7 hours of these mixes on my iPod to torture my wife with on a roadtrip. But then when I put them on, she liked them.

Anyways, here's two more persona mixes if you're actually interested in this kind of thing:
Reach out to the Hoop
Mass Destdunktion

Zhaan
Aug 7, 2012

Always like this.
I picked up Innocent Sin on my Vita over the weekend after finally beating P4G. So far I'm really enjoying it, despite the dated bits. After reading reviews, I thought the load times were going to be far worse than what I've experienced.

Right now I'm at the Mu Continent investigating the idol rumors, and I have two questions.

One, is there any way to get the original Eternal Punishment on my Vita, or is that impossible until it gets updated/localized?

And two, is it actually important to try and get Fool Tarot? All the methods I've seen online seem to be unreliable or depend on using an emulator and save states.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Eternal Punishment is pretty much MIA at this point. Atlus USA recently said they have nothing to announce about it and there's no word, as far as I know, to bring the original PS1 release to the PSN.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

As someone who's in the same position, but can read a little Japanese: Would I be able to set up a JP PSN account then download the game to my PS3 and transfer it over, or will the Vita only play games purchased from the same PSN account that's loaded onto the system? I know the Vita's a bit pernickety out account issues.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

CottonWolf posted:

As someone who's in the same position, but can read a little Japanese: Would I be able to set up a JP PSN account then download the game to my PS3 and transfer it over, or will the Vita only play games purchased from the same PSN account that's loaded onto the system? I know the Vita's a bit pernickety out account issues.

Vita will only let you access PSN content activated on the account currently loaded onto the system, so you'll need to swap to a Japanese account in order to play Eternal Punishment on digital there.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Policenaut posted:

Vita will only let you access PSN content activated on the account currently loaded onto the system, so you'll need to swap to a Japanese account in order to play Eternal Punishment on digital there.

Good to know. Cheers!

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Zhaan posted:

One, is there any way to get the original Eternal Punishment on my Vita, or is that impossible until it gets updated/localized?

Only that colossal pain in the rear end account-swapping method mentioned just before I posted. The PSP can do it if you hack it and it's not a 3000, and you roll the EBOOT yourself.

Although with the tiny-rear end sales numbers other companies are willing to do on the PSP it might actually be worth it to scream real loud into Atlus's ears.

dont be mean to me fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Feb 8, 2013

MarsDragon
Apr 27, 2010

"You've all learned something very important here: there are things in this world you just can't change!"

Zhaan posted:

And two, is it actually important to try and get Fool Tarot? All the methods I've seen online seem to be unreliable or depend on using an emulator and save states.

It's not even slightly important to get Fool tarot. Fool personas are good for their level, but IS is such an easy game you don't really need them. Plus Philemon hands you just about everything you need to beat the game just through the story, assuming you get the Custom Starters/Ultimates.

My real advice about Personas is just to make sure you have a good team for Fusions and find something with Estoma to cut down on random encounters. That should get you through the game just fine.

Zhaan
Aug 7, 2012

Always like this.

MarsDragon posted:

It's not even slightly important to get Fool tarot. Fool personas are good for their level, but IS is such an easy game you don't really need them. Plus Philemon hands you just about everything you need to beat the game just through the story, assuming you get the Custom Starters/Ultimates.

My real advice about Personas is just to make sure you have a good team for Fusions and find something with Estoma to cut down on random encounters. That should get you through the game just fine.

Much appreciated. I'm having a lot of fun with a Jack Frost right now, anyway. The combat is easy, but the fusion attacks are fun.

I guess after I finish IS, I'll go through the Eternal Punishment LP, but I would like to play it at some point. I'll just stay on the lookout and look forward to Soul Hackers in the meantime.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Why not play EP on ePSXe?

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Nate RFB posted:

Why not play EP on ePSXe?

This isn't a terrible point. Tablets and overbuilt smartphones mean you can sort of take EP with you now. And if you don't have those, eh. ePSXe runs on pretty much everything these days.

RentCavalier
Jul 10, 2008

by T. Finninho
Heh. I love that Strange Journey is just basically the American SMT game, since the main character and a good chunk of the cast are explicitly from the good ole US of A.

It's interesting too, Strange Journey is probably what I'd expect if I asked an old-school American RPG developer to make an SMT game. It definitely feels less Japanese than your typical SMT faire, helped of course by the setting.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

RentCavalier posted:

Heh. I love that Strange Journey is just basically the American SMT game, since the main character and a good chunk of the cast are explicitly from the good ole US of A.

It's interesting too, Strange Journey is probably what I'd expect if I asked an old-school American RPG developer to make an SMT game. It definitely feels less Japanese than your typical SMT faire, helped of course by the setting.

The protagonist is actually Japanese in the Japanese version.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
<----------------------------

ImpAtom posted:

The protagonist is actually Japanese in the Japanese version.

Is he French in the French version?

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

NextTime000 posted:

Is he French in the French version?

Europe never saw a release.

I'm not bitter.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I remember why I stopped playing DDS2. The goddamn EGG Tower :suicide:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

I'm not bitter.

I'm saving the bitterness for SMT IV.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Kurtofan posted:

I'm saving the bitterness for SMT IV.

I'm saving mine for Soul Hackers!

RentCavalier
Jul 10, 2008

by T. Finninho
America rocks. :colbert:

El Belmondo
Apr 3, 2011

by XyloJW
America only gets games because they know Thor's got the nukes. :v:

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

I'm not bitter.

At least the DS isn't region-locked. I bought mine online because I knew I'd have no chance of finding it in stores.

In other news, I've started playing Nocturne. It's... it's fun, I can tell it's a good game, but it's really hurting from the lack of advancements made in the series since. It's leding to an especially irritating moment for me here: I'm standing up against Matador, who's of course the first Actually Hard boss in the game. I know I need either Sukukaja or Dekaja to face up to his Red Capote buff, but... I just can't get them at this point, without the Compendium. Either I have to grind up a Sudama until it gets to level 18 and learns it, or I have to somehow recruit a Preta. I don't even think there are things that learn Dekaja yet.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Get a Suzume and level up a bit with the Force magatama to get Fog Breath and watch as Matador whiffs you impotently and gets his attacks voided on the turns he manages to actually hit you.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.
Honestly, the Great Underpass of Ginza always bugged me more than Matador itself, by being an amazing example of how not to design a dungeon. It's not even interesting to look at!

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Speaking of SMT games. Why in the hell is Devil Summoner: Raidou Kuzunoha vs the Soulless Army so expensive? I mean yeah It's a good game I'm sure, but why is it reselling for 60-100 dollars? Did they only print a few? Because some of these prices are laughably ridiculous. I just wanna buy it without sacrificing a month's salary.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

It's Atlus, of course they only printed a few.

Snix
Aug 31, 2012

After the war of great troll, he only stands. He now returns to the legendary city to seek revenge on the death of his village. Episode 1: "Legendary School Girl Bubble Gum! Will Senpai Notice Me!?"

FauxGateau posted:

Speaking of SMT games. Why in the hell is Devil Summoner: Raidou Kuzunoha vs the Soulless Army so expensive? I mean yeah It's a good game I'm sure, but why is it reselling for 60-100 dollars? Did they only print a few? Because some of these prices are laughably ridiculous. I just wanna buy it without sacrificing a month's salary.
I actually went shopping for the Raidou games just the other day. I wouldn't be surprised if they're the rarest SMT games released in the US. The second game is a little cheaper, but the special edition of it may be even cheaper than that. I generally see Raidou Vs. King Abaddon for around $70 - $100, but it seems that the version that comes with the Raiho plush goes for around $20 less. I was actually able to snag an unopened copy of the special edition for $51 on Ebay.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I lost my Raiho plush. :smith:

Although I still have the game, and have barely started it. :v:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Get a Suzume and level up a bit with the Force magatama to get Fog Breath and watch as Matador whiffs you impotently and gets his attacks voided on the turns he manages to actually hit you.

Pretty sure Matator has Dekunda.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

FauxGateau posted:

Are you in a place with Gamestops nearby? Because you may be able to have them order it from another Gamestop. It doesn't even matter how far away. My copy came from Virginia (I'm in Ohio). All I did was walk in on a day they were slow and ask if they could do that. One phone call later it was in a pile of things to be mailed to my local shop. $15 got me the game, case, and directions.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Alteisen posted:

Pretty sure Matator has Dekunda.

He does, but he doesn't have Dekaja so if you can buff yourself instead then there's nothing he can do about it.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Dragonatrix posted:

He does, but he doesn't have Dekaja so if you can buff yourself instead then there's nothing he can do about it.

Well I knew that, just figured saying someone to use fog breath was bad advice since he'd just remove it anyway.

There is a way to get a demon with Tarukaja and Sukukaja which is really all you need against him at that point.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Well, any turn he casts dekunda is a turn he's not using andalucia or the like, plus it helps counter red capote.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

dis astranagant posted:

Well, any turn he casts dekunda is a turn he's not using andalucia or the like, plus it helps counter red capote.

He'll just recast it again though, plus you really don't wanna draw out a fight with matador, otherwise he goes into focus/andalucia mode and nobody can survive that.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
If you cast Fog Breath once or twice, he tends to not use Dekunda.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

FauxGateau posted:

Actually, I've got a copy in reasonably good shape that I'd be willing to sell if you're still interested. E-mail's danccrook at gmail.com, shoot me a thing and we can figure it out.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Snix posted:

I actually went shopping for the Raidou games just the other day. I wouldn't be surprised if they're the rarest SMT games released in the US. The second game is a little cheaper, but the special edition of it may be even cheaper than that. I generally see Raidou Vs. King Abaddon for around $70 - $100, but it seems that the version that comes with the Raiho plush goes for around $20 less. I was actually able to snag an unopened copy of the special edition for $51 on Ebay.

Ah, so it was you who outbid me!

I'll keep looking around for the first. But drat if it really is one of the rarest SMT games released (in the states). I recently bought Nocturne and am playing that. I'm kind of on a SMT binge right now.

Len posted:

Are you in a place with Gamestops nearby? Because you may be able to have them order it from another Gamestop. It doesn't even matter how far away. My copy came from Virginia (I'm in Ohio). All I did was walk in on a day they were slow and ask if they could do that. One phone call later it was in a pile of things to be mailed to my local shop. $15 got me the game, case, and directions.

I'll check that out. Unfortunately there are like 3 Gamestops where I live, but who knows? I might get lucky. Thanks for the tips guys.

EDIT: ^^^ Oh, I didn't see you up there. I'll shoot you an email if nothing else comes up.

TexMexFoodbaby fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Feb 9, 2013

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

FauxGateau posted:

Not that many copies were made (because Atlus), and the demand wasn't high enough for reprints like with Nocturne/DDS/P3. I sold mine last month for like $75 so I'm not really complaining.

RentCavalier
Jul 10, 2008

by T. Finninho
Fog Breath and the demon Uzume are pretty much the keys to victory. Later on, you'll find Nekomata or Nozuchi is also a good stand-in. Basically, anyone who can resist or nullify Force, anyone who can reduce or boost accuracy and evasion. That's the key to the fight, and you have tons of options to choose from. The Isoras in the water way in the Manikan Town have a high encounter rate and great exp. Grind for hours. Train your body and mind. Punch the devils.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
Decided to replay DDS (using my new cycle from years ago, I'm not gonna grind the drat mantra grid again for this one). I forgot how great the game looked, and how well it translated Kaneko's style to CG. I would absolutely love an HD remake of it.

Anybody else think the US version's opening song is better than the original Japanese? Because, drat, they picked something that fits the mood and editing of the footage perfectly.